Legendary Hero Battle: Hector

Rafiel's Aria

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@kirauza343 With those Drive skills, it save the Girls party. Marisa back to shine with her scary Ignis again, nicely done!!

@Zeo @mcsilas @mampfoid This is not much different from my Infernal clear. I just switch some special, seal and R.Tomebreaker on Roy.

Shiro can't bully Hector on this difficulty but Siegbert kill him anyways ^^

6 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

One-Turn clear for Hector’s Abyssal difficulty. Roy has returned, fittingly enough.

Congrats, this is great! Envious of your Roy merges, I'm disappointed he wasn't featured on the legendary banner. 

Hope my units will get it done even with less merges. Perhaps I'll have to give Caeda Galeforce finally, pulled two Cordelias today. 

5 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

Lots of interesting inheritance here, especially for making sure Marisa can handle her first batch of enemies (mainly making sure her defense was high enough for her to still be able to double the lance flier) and so that Cherche can survive the sword flier. I knew Atk Smoke on Marisa was a great choice!

Wow, Marissa tanking three Abyssal units in round one, two of them dead, one of them blue is so great! Also Hector dealing zero damage, he seems desperate. 

Nice DEF stacking on Cherche, QR is great on her, even with a Brave weapon. 

Big congrats! 

13 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Shiro can't bully Hector on this difficulty but Siegbert kill him anyways ^^

Close call with Siegbert, but he managed Hector regardless of his low HP. 

Roy is more a chipper than a sweeper on this level, but he was helpful with many units for his team.

Congrats, seems you hadn't many problems here. 

Edited by mampfoid

This is a weird kind of low budget clear in the sense of if you have these units, then that's all you need to clear abyssal Hector. As evident by the title and thumbnail, no skill inheritance is needed on them; they have everything they need for you to beat abyssal. That said, heavy emphasis on if you have these units. sukwindallinrush cleared abyssal with 5* CYL Celica (+Atk, -Def) with a Fortress Def 1 seal to essentially make her neutral, 4* Sully (+Def, -Spd), 5* CYL Veronica (neutral) with a Speed +1 seal, and 5* Olivia (neutral). There's a comment saying that this works with +Spd, -HP 5* CYL Celica with a HP +3 seal and neutral 4* Sully.

Edit here: I can confirm that this also works with a +Atk, -HP 4* Sully, +Atk, -Def 5* CYL Veronica, and again, +Spd, -HP 5* CYL Celica. I just gave Celica and Sully a HP +3 seal and Veronica doesn't drop below 5 HP when she takes a the hit from the archer. My Veronica lived with 2 HP. Sully also doesn't die or anything from the Wo Dao, Glimmer cavalier or the sword flier by being =Def. Also, you can screw up on turn 9 where you're supposed to have Celica next to Veronica on the left staircase. I moved her above Olivia instead which fumbles some movements where Veronica gets stuck in the left corner. If you have Wings of Mercy on Olivia, then you can get everyone out. Maybe you don't need it, but it made it easier as Olivia could just teleport wherever you tell Veronica to retreat to.

Two of these units were made free, Olivia and Sully, and Veronica at this point is the CYL2 pick for F2P strategies. That said, neither Celica nor Veronica were guaranteed as people were both free to choose them or CYL Ephraim or CYL Hector and had to summon them provided they even summoned from the CYL2 banner in the first place. Regardless, if you somehow managed to get Celica and Veronica and have been playing to the point where you were able to get Sully or summoned a Sully, then this might be doable for you.

Alternatively, you can try this strategy by Wohko using 4* Olivia (neutral) with a Drive Def 2 seal, 5* vanguard Ike (neutral) with a Quick Riposte 3 seal, 5* New Year's M!Corrin with a Spur Def 2 seal, and 5* Saias with a Poison Strike 2 seal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33H_palEjUw.

Edit 2: Did not notice that vanguard Ike had a B summoner support in Wohko's strategy.

Edited by Kaden

My infantry Lyn team surprisingly had little trouble with this map. Tactics Drills mentality worked great here: It doesn't matter what color the enemy is or how much damage it does as long as it doesn't kill you.

Anyways, on a side note, does anyone have any recommendations for a screen recorder for Android? I've been wanting to dabble with videos (since they seem way easier than my usual imgur galleries that I have to annotate myself), but haven't really had the time to research recording apps and whatnot.

Actually beat Hector abyssal using that video @Kaden posted. The one with Saias, specifically. Since I didn't give Brave Ike a summoner support I had to improvise, which led to me having to make MORE improvisations, but somehow got it to work. I'm so glad I promoted my Saias long ago, and that I gave him my spare atk/res bond.

@Ice Dragon I'm using AZ screen recorder. It's easy to use, you can pause the recording via invisible button and it comes with a (very) basic editor. It also has a free version to try out most functionality. 

Anyway if you want to record in-app sound and not from mic, you'd need a rooted phone (or rooted VM). 

Cute stat bloat.

(shorter, no-animation version here)

What was supposed to be one of the hardest maps in the game turned into an elaborate experiment to see if Bridal Ninian could ORKO a 99 HP armor. The most threatening enemy on the map was the Green Manakete because of his Iceberg, but eventually he (like the rest of the enemies on the map) became food for F!Grima once Veronica and Groom Marth were done applying her steroids.

(Also, apologies for the lag in the video. The FEHmulator does not like Hector's map for some reason.)

Now I'm off to continue bashing my head against Abyssal Tiki, who has been pushing my shit in harder than anything else in the game.

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Anyway if you want to record in-app sound and not from mic, you'd need a rooted phone (or rooted VM). 

I might try with an emulator, though that sounds like a pain to have to transfer my account data back and forth all the time (I've had to do it twice before when my old phone bricked on me).

Any idea if just plugging in a headphone/microphone splitter and plugging the headphone into the microphone works, or is the loss in audio quality too noticeable with that method?

Alternatively, is it possible to use separate video and audio recording apps simultaneously and just use a video editing program to put the two back together?

Edited by Ice Dragon

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I might try with an emulator, though that sounds like a pain to have to transfer my account data back and forth all the time (I've had to do it twice before when my old phone bricked on me).

That's no big deal, just link both installations to your account. The game will tell you if you are still logged in on another device and asks if the restore point is to be deleted. 

That's what I did when I was auto-farming HM. 

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Any idea if just plugging in a headphone/microphone splitter and plugging the headphone into the microphone works, or is the loss in audio quality too noticeable with that method?

Never tried that. Quality might depend on your hardware. Perhaps it's worth a try. 

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Alternatively, is it possible to use separate video and audio recording apps simultaneously and just use a video editing program to put the two back together?

If you don't plan to record the audio on an external device (like a computer), also the audio recording app would need root. Not a big audio editing expert though, that would be @mcsilas and @Zeo

@Ice Dragon I can't really say about that method if it works or not, since I actually just plug my phone into my computer and use Quicktime player to record what is on my phone. It's the most consistent way for me (plus I don't have an Android so not haven't actually tried apps for recording)

I did try recording using the iphone's native recording feature once but the sound would sometimes go out of sync (probably limited memory since my phone is almost full). I would imagine using two apps separately to record might run into memory issues depending on one's phone as well I guess- but if you have a good phone i don't see why it wouldn't work.

You know it

Standard Brave Roy run,  Between Salvage Blow and the particular reinforcement type, this is a rare kind of map where Brave Roy got stronger as the map goes on

Brave Bow Swordbreaker Innes is the primary offense of the map though. Brave Bow user is just really good in general.

On the other hand i'm somewhat scared of the upcoming return of LRyoma and Bow Lucina's map lol

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

After numerous attempts I have completed Abyssal with Rein, Tharja, dark Azura, and flying Azura. My strategy was to  attack from the right side, then use hit and run tactics to lower the amount of enemy units. I consider this one to be the easiest of the Abyssal maps.

13 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Actually beat Hector abyssal using that video @Kaden posted. The one with Saias, specifically. Since I didn't give Brave Ike a summoner support I had to improvise, which led to me having to make MORE improvisations, but somehow got it to work. I'm so glad I promoted my Saias long ago, and that I gave him my spare atk/res bond.

Oh, I didn't notice that vanguard Ike had a B summoner support. Glad that it helped regardless of that.

yorotsruuu yorotsruuu used 5* Lissa (+Res, -Spd) with Renewal unequipped and a Savage Blow 3 seal, 5* Fjorm (neutral), 5* Gerome with an Iote's Shield seal equipped, and 4* Olivia (neutral) with a Fortify Def 1 seal equipped. I would assume that any other Gravity+ healer would work with some minor to major change in how the AI moves, but Lissa would be easily accessible provided you kept the copies of her from her maps.

I wonder how yorotsruuu will tackle abyssal poncho Tiki.

Abyssal Hector in one turn:

No big difference to the infernal clear. You people have to tell me if the Abyssal upgrades are interesting enough for a tag. 

This was easier than expected. After ploying Hector (my only Cav with enough RES was surprisingly Eliwood), chipping with Roys Savage blow and receiving ATK tactics and Drive ATK, Elincia overkilled Hector (even without Summoner support). I had to unequip Drive ATK from Cordelia, otherwise Elincia doesn't proc Galeforce because she kills Hector in only three hits. 

I used the free seal slot to proc a nice Astra in the end. 

... Tikis map is a totally different thing. Haven't found a unit in my Barracks that is able to kill her fast enough. Perhaps she'll remain unresolved (by me) for a while. 

Edited by mampfoid
Typo

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Abyssal Hector in one turn

Never thought I'd see a 4* Eliwood make an appearance in one of these!  Nice work as always.

I can attest to Tiki being a massive pain.  Even on Infernal, I had to wait until Narcian's special was charged so he could avoid dying to BF'd Bonfire shenanigans. And that's with a Slaying Hammer.  

4 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Never thought I'd see a 4* Eliwood make an appearance in one of these!  Nice work as always.

Thanks! 

Process of selection: Cav with Hone Cav and Swap (or Reposition/Shove/Draw Back/Smite) and more than 35 Res. Good that I merged Eliwood at 4*, a 5* +0 wouldn't have succeed here. 

7 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

I can attest to Tiki being a massive pain.  Even on Infernal, I had to wait until Narcian's special was charged so he could avoid dying to BF'd Bonfire shenanigans. And that's with a Slaying Hammer.  

If I need three units to kill Tiki on turn 1, how is my fourth unit supposed to deal with Abyssal opponents #2-#6? 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Thanks! 

Process of selection: Cav with Hone Cav and Swap (or Reposition/Shove/Draw Back/Smite) and more than 35 Res. Good that I merged Eliwood at 4*, a 5* +0 wouldn't have succeed here. 

If I need three units to kill Tiki on turn 1, how is my fourth unit supposed to deal with Abyssal opponents #2-#6? 

I dont think Tiki can be done in 1 turn on Abyssal. Tiki is basicly untouchable as long as she sits on that defensiv tile. They only way to kill her is if you can chip her health down. My Special Spiral Sonya was able to oneshot her on Infernal but on Abyssal? she barely scratched the surface and would have brought her down to 35 HP only or so and get killed in return. also 45 spd + a shit ton defense + shit ton res + 88HP = you need at least 2 rounds of combat to kill her lol