Legendary Hero Battle: Hector

Rafiel's Aria

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hector Abyssal has fallen to the Askrtrio and Veronic. Funny that this one used a heavy Enemy phase Sharena. sharena and Veronic really hold the floodgates pretty good!

Also that green manakete with Cancel affinity took me by surprise... and Alfonse was useless there due to his built in Triangle Adept

Edited by Hilda

Well, well, LOOKY WHAT I DID.

azYaL9D.png

I LOVE YOU, FREDDY BEAR. ^^ <3

This is Abyssal. Sure, it's probably the easiest one so far. But it still took me a few tries using a similar strat that I did for infernal and I did it on my own. Meaning Freddy tanking a bunch of shit and his guys behind him cleaning up what he can't. But I figure for this one, he'd need a bit more oomph, so I piled everyone else with Drive Def and Spur Def seals on top of the Fortify Cav boost Freddy gets from Ephraim or Rein. It might not have actually been necessary though, because Freddy still has a decent 28 HP left here and he took zero from Hector. No joke. Zero. From Abyssal Hector. XD Is Freddy an amazing tank or what?!

Silas now wears a pretty golden mask. :3

I know I'd said I was going to quit Heroes, and I probably still will at least temporarily now. But I got inspired after someone later suggested an idea for Tiki Infernal to me that actually worked as well, I suppose. :P

Edited by Anacybele

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Well, well, LOOKY WHAT I DID.

azYaL9D.png

I LOVE YOU, FREDDY BEAR. ^^ <3

This is Abyssal. Sure, it's probably the easiest one so far. But it still took me a few tries using a similar strat that I did for infernal and I did it on my own. Meaning Freddy tanking a bunch of shit and his guys behind him cleaning up what he can't. But I figure for this one, he'd need a bit more oomph, so I piled everyone else with Drive Def and Spur Def seals on top of the Fortify Cav boost Freddy gets from Ephraim or Rein. It might not have actually been necessary though, because Freddy still has a decent 28 HP left here and he took zero from Hector. No joke. Zero. From Abyssal Hector. XD Is Freddy an amazing tank or what?!

Silas now wears a pretty golden mask. :3

I know I'd said I was going to quit Heroes, and I probably still will at least temporarily now. But I got inspired after someone later suggested an idea for Tiki Infernal to me that actually worked as well, I suppose. :P

Congrats on figuring out a way to beat it!~ And using Frederick to do it, too~ 

5 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Congrats on figuring out a way to beat it!~ And using Frederick to do it, too~ 

Thank you! I wish I could try figuring out strats around him for everything. xP But two things prevent that, those being that some maps just have a lot of magic users and that some quests require other movement type teams.

Also, Sigurd had to take a hit from green dragon dude and I think Close Def was what let him live. Good thing he comes with that!

On 29/9/2018 at 3:36 PM, mampfoid said:

Abyssal Hector in one turn:

No big difference to the infernal clear. You people have to tell me if the Abyssal upgrades are interesting enough for a tag. 

This was easier than expected. After ploying Hector (my only Cav with enough RES was surprisingly Eliwood), chipping with Roys Savage blow and receiving ATK tactics and Drive ATK, Elincia overkilled Hector (even without Summoner support). I had to unequip Drive ATK from Cordelia, otherwise Elincia doesn't proc Galeforce because she kills Hector in only three hits. 

I used the free seal slot to proc a nice Astra in the end. 

... Tikis map is a totally different thing. Haven't found a unit in my Barracks that is able to kill her fast enough. Perhaps she'll remain unresolved (by me) for a while. 

Nice as always! It's interesting that you used Eliwood on this map (if only to be a support) but all things considered this was extremely cool considering the inflated stats.

- - -

For my part, I decided to not record Abyssal for this map because it ended up being the exact same thing as Infernal with the difference that Eirika can't kill the blue armor no matter what so she'd need someone to do chip damage while Aether charges. 

@Ginko Nice job on Abyssal Hector! I don't think my -Def Siegbert could've tanked that Hector like you did though, and you really make good use of a healing Shiro with Aether!

That 99 HP armour though wow...so much HP

@mampfoid Nice clear, I approve the use of Eliwood! Nice that he joins his son in this map to go against his battle buddy. Also it's nice to see Cordelia proc Astra as well. Elincia surviving with 1 HP was neat as well

Edited by mcsilas

@Zeo @mcsilas Before the time runs up, I've send Celica and Oliver to play with Hector (Infernal) once again.

@Nanima @kirauza343 @Jotari @SoulWeaver Celica emblem wasn't too difficult this time, I had to use a lot of spurs to get the exact matchups. Finally old-school Celica gets a boss kill. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

@NegativeExponents- Oliver & Co was much more interesting this time: I had to experiment a lot with positioning, the green mage and the archer kept killing me. In the end I had to give Takumi new A- and B-skills to kill the mage and a combination of SPD smoke and Wolfberg made Walhart double the Archer. His bulk is crazy though, not yet outdated @Kaden

I'm too late for Tikis map, but I think the current BHB is interesting as well. 

On 10/4/2018 at 5:48 PM, mampfoid said:

@Zeo @mcsilas Before the time runs up, I've send Celica and Oliver to play with Hector (Infernal) once again.

@Nanima @kirauza343 @Jotari @SoulWeaver Celica emblem wasn't too difficult this time, I had to use a lot of spurs to get the exact matchups. Finally old-school Celica gets a boss kill. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

@NegativeExponents- Oliver & Co was much more interesting this time: I had to experiment a lot with positioning, the green mage and the archer kept killing me. In the end I had to give Takumi new A- and B-skills to kill the mage and a combination of SPD smoke and Wolfberg made Walhart double the Archer. His bulk is crazy though, not yet outdated @Kaden

I'm too late for Tikis map, but I think the current BHB is interesting as well. 

That Celica clear was really great. Right of the bat there's already a some close calls with Celica barely surviving the Archer and barely counterkilling the Green Mage Cav. Also, 11 damage after every attack!? That's pretty ridiculous, can't believe I didn't notice that before. Very reminiscent of SoV though. Smart of you to kill that Sword Cav in the counter. I figured you were just gonna lure him in and kill him safely from range using one the tome Celicas but then I saw were that Red Mage spawned and I figured you probably had to move Possessed Celica anyway because I figure it messed up the clear otherwise.

------------------------------------------------------------

Something about that Classical music and the Oliver & Co. clears makes me really happy. That Walmart Walhart being able to take on basically the whole army and still survive is real impressive. I mean 58 def on the enemy phase with a Brazen and Tactics Defense active!? That is beastly. Also, poor Hector. I don't think I've ever seen a Hector go down so fast and not even deal damage on the counter. Stahl made mince meat out of him. You made this look so easy and anyone who makes this map seem like nothing is awesome.

On 12.10.2018 at 3:20 AM, NegativeExponents- said:

Also, 11 damage after every attack!? That's pretty ridiculous, can't believe I didn't notice that before.

Yeah, she won't tank often, Desperation and Vantage are her friends. 

I figured you were just gonna lure him in and kill him safely from range using one the tome Celicas but then I saw were that Red Mage spawned

Without a tank I have to kill a certain number of units per turn on reinforcement maps. Otherwise I'd run out of space fast. 

That Walmart Walhart being able to take on basically the whole army and still survive is real impressive. I mean 58 def on the enemy phase with a Brazen and Tactics Defense active!? That is beastly.

Yeah, it made me laugh when I let him tank the red cav for the first time accidentally and he didn't take a scratch. He doesn't even need the Wolfberg effect, only once but not for DEF but SPD of all stats. 

You made this look so easy and anyone who makes this map seem like nothing is awesome.

Thanks, glad you liked them! Sorry for the late response, but I had your post open in a tab which is not the best way to organize things.

I'm especially satisfied with Oliver's clear this time, it was hard to figure out but also fun. 

Sorry for the late reply, I could have sworn I was writing a reply to this sometime ago, maybe the draft was deleted

I enjoyed the Celica's barging into Lector's house and wreaking havoc with their flames. Nice boss kill on old school Celica, and I like the nicely timed AoE on the armour. You made it look easy but Spurs sure are useful to get exact matchups!

Stahl getting the Hector kill was really nice to see, you go Stahl! What nature is he? And so impressed with Walhart tanking so many hits and firing Ignis bombs!

7 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Stahl getting the Hector kill was really nice to see, you go Stahl! What nature is he? And so impressed with Walhart tanking so many hits and firing Ignis bombs!

Found this tag-less reply just now. 

Stahl is +ATK/-RES. I hope he'll get a prf in the future, but I fear Seth will steal his spotlight once again. 

Walhart just got another layer of awesomeness with the Brazen ATK/RES 3 seal. Don't know if I can get clears done in the next days though. 

• 2 months later...

Infernal has been beaten

IDK why Lyn has an Atk Ploy Seal, probably was switching some around but I'm fairly certain it didn't matter here~~ Used a similar line-up to when I beat Lunatic back then but now that I have H!Myrrh, it's easy to cheese through most of these LHBs with DD3 Seal~

I beat Abyssal using this as a base strategy (so I didn't see the need to do a video)

Line up was L!Ike, Spring Catria, B!Lyn, and Silvia~ The strategy changes if you have Savage Blow 3 instead of 1 so I rectified it thanks to a comment that said to just instead give the Dancer Hone Atk 2 and it works out fine~

Other than that, the only big change was that the Red Mage will always use Pass for me, whereas he doesn't in this strategy, so to prevent that, the only thing I could do was lower his HP enough in one turn with Silvia so Pass couldn't be used, which took putting Atk+3, and Double Poison Strike on her. Then Catria has to attack him on that next turn, but she dies so I ended up having to give her Red Tomebreaker which makes her kill him (which isn't supposed to happen) but we worked around it. Finally, when Ike went up against the Manakete, he died so to prevent that, I just let Silvia take her on and she worked out fine~ After that it's just a matter of placement to kill the last two enemies~

Didn't realize I'd missed some clears of you guys'. Let's check them.

@Ginko Didn't realized I hadn't watched your Abyssal clear. For a map that's supposed to be epic, the music you picked was ironic. Fitting though, you really bullied Hector. It really astounds me how well you do without magical damage.

@mampfoid Surprise Eliwood! Seeing him alone would have made this clear worth it but it didn't disappoint either. Eli debilitates his comrade with a ploy. Roy mows through the army as always, Elincia comes in with a clutch kill with 1 HP remaining and Cordelia closes it with an extremely satisfying 125 Astra.

So much exact damage on the Celica clear. Seemed easy for your girl this time. 

The classical music though... Never ceases to amaze me what you accomplish with this team. No dancer, no healer, no nuke, no debuffer (smoke skills only count somewhat!) but you still get it done. Walhart shined the brightest though. His utter indifference to the weapon triangle needs no mention, they kept chipping at him but he just wouldn't die. If cavs were units I used more, I would really consider building him up. Shoutouts to the musical timing on 3:18 as well. Good show!

@Hilda A majestic Askr clear as always. I wonder if you'll continue to do these if/when the Askr trio gets access to merges/natures.

@Landmaster H!Myrrh continues to show how utterly ridiculous she is. Lyn proves she's still a F2P queen, Micaiah utilizes her unique strengths and Nowi does what she's been doing since the launch of the game. Your units spent most of the map scattered, which only proves further how individually powerful they all are. Recipe for success. Hector didn't stand a chance.

@mcsilas @Nanima @ruruo @Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy @NegativeExponents- @eclipse @Azuris @daisy jane @Vaximillian @Tybrosion @Rezzy @XRay @LordFrigid @silveraura25 @Rafiel's Aria

Old Clears:

Spoiler

Domination... a theme fitting for a battle centered around a unit and character like Hector. Only thing is he's not the one dominating.

It's astounding thinking about some of the options available to my Matthew at this point vs what he had when I first started and just how far he's come. He'll get another point of ATK/SPD with his next merge and round out his last stat boost with a delicious +1 to DEF/RES. But you aren't here for that. So let's just move on. Does Matthew have what it takes to take down a juiced version of his lord, Hector? In a word: absolutely.

I beat this in a couple of tries, almost immediately after it came out because I couldn't wait to tackle it. I beat it with primarily the usual setup, but then I came to the realization that I actually sacrificed a Kaze to him for ATK Smoke a short while back so unless he needs to debuff SPD his C slot is actually free. Slapping ATK Smoke on him gave me freedom to do something unholy: putting the Close DEF 3 seal on him. Stacking that with a DEF refinement on his Rogue Dagger+ and you have a unit worthy of being Hector's Vassal. Come to think of it I didn't even end up really needing "Seal ATK" as his B skill. I could have had an empty B slot and the map would have turned out the same way.

As for this clear, did it bring out the best in his team? In a way, yes. No every unit didn't play a role as active as they've played in the past, but each unit on the team provided key support for Matt in a way that mimiced my original idea for a Matthew team, one with him as the primary offense rather than simply being the leader of a synergetic team. 

What you have here is not only a battle, but a showcase of my Matthew at his absolute best going up against whats probably my favorite male character in the Fire Emblem series as a whole, and I wouldn't have it any other way. It's some of the most fun I've had with the game to date and I can only hope that the coming BHB with both normal Hector and Matthew doesn't disappoint. But after a battle like this one, that's a tall order. It wasn't hard, but it was a blast, and that's what it's all about.

I decided I'd sneak this one in. Consider this one... a Gaiden chapter. I didn't do a special clear for this LHB which is a shame but I'm without regret. This is better in the end. I never actually tried to crack Hector Abyssal with Matt & Co. so I decided on a whim to see if they could do it. Turns out Hector loves putting his vassal through his paces but Matt's up to the challenge. It's almost as if the Matthew we have in heroes was personally trained by Hector, considering everything he can endure and still keep swinging.

He needed a boost from Ayra's Drive ATK, Ayra herself needed Vantage and Genny was a bit busier than she was last time. But ultimately this clear mirrors the original and Matt is rightfully the only unit on the team to face Hector. I'm glad things ended up this way. I wasn't planning on doing this clear, but I think it's fitting that Matt goes home one last time to get his lords blessing before the final battle. Hector would be proud.

The final battle awaits.

16 hours ago, Zeo said:

Didn't realize I'd missed some clears of you guys'. Let's check them.

@Ginko Didn't realized I hadn't watched your Abyssal clear. For a map that's supposed to be epic, the music you picked was ironic. Fitting though, you really bullied Hector. It really astounds me how well you do without magical damage.

@mampfoid Surprise Eliwood! Seeing him alone would have made this clear worth it but it didn't disappoint either. Eli debilitates his comrade with a ploy. Roy mows through the army as always, Elincia comes in with a clutch kill with 1 HP remaining and Cordelia closes it with an extremely satisfying 125 Astra.

The classical music though... Never ceases to amaze me what you accomplish with this team. No dancer, no healer, no nuke, no debuffer (smoke skills only count somewhat!) but you still get it done. Walhart shined the brightest though. His utter indifference to the weapon triangle needs no mention, they kept chipping at him but he just wouldn't die. If cavs were units I used more, I would really consider building him up. Shoutouts to the musical timing on 3:18 as well. Good show!

@Hilda A majestic Askr clear as always. I wonder if you'll continue to do these if/when the Askr trio gets access to merges/natures.

@Landmaster H!Myrrh continues to show how utterly ridiculous she is. Lyn proves she's still a F2P queen, Micaiah utilizes her unique strengths and Nowi does what she's been doing since the launch of the game. Your units spent most of the map scattered, which only proves further how individually powerful they all are. Recipe for success. Hector didn't stand a chance.

@mcsilas @Nanima @ruruo @Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy @NegativeExponents- @eclipse @Azuris @daisy jane @Vaximillian @Tybrosion @Rezzy @XRay @LordFrigid @silveraura25 @Rafiel's Aria

Old Clears:

Hide contents

Domination... a theme fitting for a battle centered around a unit and character like Hector. Only thing is he's not the one dominating.

It's astounding thinking about some of the options available to my Matthew at this point vs what he had when I first started and just how far he's come. He'll get another point of ATK/SPD with his next merge and round out his last stat boost with a delicious +1 to DEF/RES. But you aren't here for that. So let's just move on. Does Matthew have what it takes to take down a juiced version of his lord, Hector? In a word: absolutely.

I beat this in a couple of tries, almost immediately after it came out because I couldn't wait to tackle it. I beat it with primarily the usual setup, but then I came to the realization that I actually sacrificed a Kaze to him for ATK Smoke a short while back so unless he needs to debuff SPD his C slot is actually free. Slapping ATK Smoke on him gave me freedom to do something unholy: putting the Close DEF 3 seal on him. Stacking that with a DEF refinement on his Rogue Dagger+ and you have a unit worthy of being Hector's Vassal. Come to think of it I didn't even end up really needing "Seal ATK" as his B skill. I could have had an empty B slot and the map would have turned out the same way.

As for this clear, did it bring out the best in his team? In a way, yes. No every unit didn't play a role as active as they've played in the past, but each unit on the team provided key support for Matt in a way that mimiced my original idea for a Matthew team, one with him as the primary offense rather than simply being the leader of a synergetic team. 

What you have here is not only a battle, but a showcase of my Matthew at his absolute best going up against whats probably my favorite male character in the Fire Emblem series as a whole, and I wouldn't have it any other way. It's some of the most fun I've had with the game to date and I can only hope that the coming BHB with both normal Hector and Matthew doesn't disappoint. But after a battle like this one, that's a tall order. It wasn't hard, but it was a blast, and that's what it's all about.

I decided I'd sneak this one in. Consider this one... a Gaiden chapter. I didn't do a special clear for this LHB which is a shame but I'm without regret. This is better in the end. I never actually tried to crack Hector Abyssal with Matt & Co. so I decided on a whim to see if they could do it. Turns out Hector loves putting his vassal through his paces but Matt's up to the challenge. It's almost as if the Matthew we have in heroes was personally trained by Hector, considering everything he can endure and still keep swinging.

He needed a boost from Ayra's Drive ATK, Ayra herself needed Vantage and Genny was a bit busier than she was last time. But ultimately this clear mirrors the original and Matt is rightfully the only unit on the team to face Hector. I'm glad things ended up this way. I wasn't planning on doing this clear, but I think it's fitting that Matt goes home one last time to get his lords blessing before the final battle. Hector would be proud.

The final battle awaits.

This couldn’t have been a better Matthew clear, Hector can’t even land a scratch on him without his Special. Actually, most of the enemies are hardly denting him. Genny gets a close 1 HP survival but they won’t get a chance to try to finish her off with her teammates coming to clear the field.

Morgan gets to work right away. Ninian suffers a bit at the hands of the Greens but nothing she can’t handle. The 1 HP live from Morgan was epic. Not to mention Amelia living a Red unit’s Glimmer. It really came down to the wire for a lot of the team but Priscilla is always there to keep them alive. The enemies fall easily after that~

Abyssal took a bit of a different setup. Now with his Aether, he can keep up with the pressure, though that wave of enemies does take a toll. He and Ayra take on most of their enemies without too much issue thanks to his buffs, especially with Ayra's Vantage. This time Genny is saved by the Miracle, Inigo gets some exact damage for his part in the fray and Genny has the last kill thanks to Matthew’s debuffs. It was a hard fought battle but you came out on top~ Nice with the one-on-one battle between Matt and Hector~

On 31.12.2018 at 1:22 AM, Zeo said:

Surprise Eliwood! Seeing him alone would have made this clear worth it but it didn't disappoint either. Eli debilitates his comrade with a ploy. Roy mows through the army as always, Elincia comes in with a clutch kill with 1 HP remaining and Cordelia closes it with an extremely satisfying 125 Astra.

Ha, I had to check my own clears to remember what you were talking about. I appreciate you took the time to check the old clears. 

Glad you liked them, it's some time I didn't do Oliver and Celica clears. Just didn't feel like it. Hector's map was pretty satisfying to solve with them and also Aversa's map (Oliver's Aversa clear was perhaps the best ever). 

The classical music though...

Good or bad? :-))

cavs were units I used more, I would really consider building him up

What would you suggest for Walhart? I think Brazen ATK/DEF works already pretty good on him (best example here). If I could get my hands on a solo skill, that'd be perfect for him. 

this one... a Gaiden chapter

I just realized I watched your clears in the wrong order, this one was before Azura. 

That was great, another Abyssal clear with Matthew! Wish I could have seen  Hectors face when he was pushing against that tiny spy, but all his army crumbling around him? "Why, what, Armads broken?" :-)

He sure would have been proud of his number 1 spy! 

Congrats. 

@GuiltyLove I have not seen you in a while!

47 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Marth's Abyssal difficulty can go die.

That one was pretty tough. I remember swapping out Reinhardt and BH!Lyn to a flying ranged nukes to beat it as I needed more space to position around at the bottom of the map. I remember rushing the cavalry archer to take it out and then retreated back down towards the bottom.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

@GuiltyLove I have not seen you in a while!

That one was pretty tough. I remember swapping out Reinhardt and BH!Lyn to a flying ranged nukes to beat it as I needed more space to position around at the bottom of the map. I remember rushing the cavalry archer to take it out and then retreated back down towards the bottom.

I mostly came back because the Whitewings had a refine. I don't  feel like trying Marth's Abyssal anymore. How did you take out the cav archer so quickly? I can't go that far on the first turn. There are so many reinforcements, too...

17 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I mostly came back because the Whitewings had a refine.

Yeah, those are pretty dope. They are 19 Mt Brave Weapons!

23 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

How did you take out the cav archer so quickly? I can't go that far on the first turn. There are so many reinforcements, too...

I ran two Dancers/Singers. I used NS!Corrin to nuke the sword unit and then Danced/Sung her again so she reach and take out the cavalry archer. I think she might have also poked at the lance armor first to get recoil damage from Fury to get into Desperation range. She had to run back and retreat quickly though since enemies will quickly spawn and swarm that corner.

@Zeo This clear was full of highlights. Not sure which I loved more: Murdering Hector with Aether from zero base damage or Genny's perfectly-timed miracle against the Brave Lance. I am really going to miss seeing the inincible wall that is your Matthew, especially since he only got completed so recently. Congrats!

I did't think my Sharena team would be able to beat the more reinforcement-happy LHB's, but they managed to clear this one. Hector, the cavs and the green manakete where killed by Raigh, Sharena blocked the enemy and Wrys/Matthew did their usual support or odd job.

So here's Sharena, Raigh, Matthew and Wrys vs Infernal Hector