• Bard Route
  2. 2. Go which Route?

• Ilia
    • Sacae
  3. 3. Choose the difficulty level

• Normal
    • Hard

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/06/2018 at 09:59 PM

It's been a while folks since I played Binding Blade, after doing hard mode and low tier run I took my time for a break. But now I'm ready for another run, because this is the most fun Fire Emblem game on the GBA (for me, and that's the only opinion that matters for now).

So my rule is to bring only 16 squadmates with me, and you are going to give me the squad members I should use. I also take the priviledge to take a unit myself; because he's mandatory, Roy. He's been doing some good job in Heroes, and now that I have all 3 versions of him, it's time to go back to Binding Blade and see how much he actually sucks.

1. Roy
  2. Wendy by @NinjaMonkey
  3. Oujay by @Michelaar
  4. Lance by @(s)ad touch
  5. Lot by @Dayni
  6. Saul by @Dinkiniensis Pontifex
  7. Marcus by @Sweet Summer Tana
  8. Garret by @AnonymousSpeed
  9. Rutger by @Alistair
  10. Alan by @This boi uses Nino
  11. Raigh by @ExaltedViolinist
  12. Cecilia by @Flee Fleet!
  13. Douglas @Saint Rubenio
  14. (Dayan, @Jotari must change his pick if the votes go for Ilia)
  15. Klein by @ranger016
  16. Chad by @DestructionDragon360

Before you suggest anything, here's the list of characters I have no experience with. If you want to know if I like or dislike a character, just ask me.

Only early-game experience: Marcus, Lott, Lugh
No experience: Merlinus, Saul, Zealot, Noah, Klein, Ray, Cecilia, Garret, Douglas, Dayan

No promises how often I can update, but I'll try to make screenshots for 2 chapters per week.

Edited by Garlyle

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just so you dont go insane, you can have lance. and if you do hard mode, you should be allowed marcus and jerrot, to keep it possible, though that isnt a squad suggestion, im just looking out for you man.

Edited by (s)ad touch

41 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

I've heard that Wendy is awesome, so you have to take her for sure.:lol:

The little birds are whispering weird things to your ear. But hey, I liked Wendy in Normal Mode!

14 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Ogier/Oujay for you!

Well, every run needs a mercenary. Potential support partner for Wendy. Little boi is locked in

12 minutes ago, (s)ad touch said:

just so you dont go insane, you can have lance. and if you do hard mode, you should be allowed marcus and jerrot, to keep it possible, though that isnt a squad suggestion, im just looking out for you man.

An early unit will definitely help. If the vote gives a normal run, we don't need Marcus, we only need him. But if it's Hard Mode...

Edited by Garlyle

16 hours ago, Dayni said:

If you're going to get an axe, I'd say Gonzales.

But you need an early unit more, so Lot'll have to do.

Lot it is. Finally a unit that can use Murgleis in the end. Hard Mode Gonzales is a monster though.

15 hours ago, Dinkiniensis Pontifex said:

You'll need a healer, so try using Saul. He's (relatively) early.

Now we're talking. Spending all my gold to vulneraries would have been a pain in the butt.

15 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Get Alan so their support makes them unstoppable.

Use lilina as well

Hmmm, these are both good options, but which one you'd rather see me use? I'm waiting for your reply before adding either of them to the list. If I have to pick, it'll be probably Lilina, because I've got history with that girl.

13 hours ago, Sweet Summer Tana said:

Uses Marcus until the very end.

Time to find out how the old man can save runs. "Don't break any bones, old man!"

13 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Go for Garret.

Or go for Geese if you'd rather.

Or both if someone else votes for the other.

Another axe user? Just what I needed. Ok, I'll pick Garret, I've neglected him long enough. 

9 hours ago, Garlyle said:

Hmmm, these are both good options, but which one you'd rather see me use? I'm waiting for your reply before adding either of them to the list. If I have to pick, it'll be probably Lilina, because I've got history with that girl.. 

I can't really say, but since cavaliers are so good (Near Weapon Triangle dominion which is fully gained after promotion,  high move, and high aid) You might as well pick both I'm telling you if you build thier supprot since chapter 1 you will see them rocking!

Lilina I've heard from this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDi17AlSJ3U&t=954s start at 29:24) is really good except for maybe the first 3 chapters she joins in in which she is kinda an Est bit after a little time she will rock forever.

Wow, the polls are more tight than I expected; except for the difficulty, but I'm not surprised. My vote is also in, so if it's a tie, I'll take my vote back and go with the people's choice.

18 hours ago, Alistair said:

I nominate Rutger.

Done. Now I have no excuse to fail on this run.

11 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

I can't really say, but since cavaliers are so good (Near Weapon Triangle dominion which is fully gained after promotion,  high move, and high aid) You might as well pick both I'm telling you if you build thier supprot since chapter 1 you will see them rocking!

Lilina I've heard from this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDi17AlSJ3U&t=954s start at 29:24) is really good except for maybe the first 3 chapters she joins in in which she is kinda an Est bit after a little time she will rock forever.

Well, consider your vote as in. They both have good support potential, and from your messages I should take Alan first. I still don't have an anima mage, so if noone gives me one, I take Lilina instead.

10 hours ago, ExaltedViolinist said:

I'll throw in Ray for you! I think you've yet to use this little guy! I'm curious to hear what you think of him. :)

Niiice. More new stuff, and a dark mage arrived to the block just in time.

56 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Are you accepting one suggestion per person?

I'm trying to go like thisfor now. So far we've made good progress.

I vote Dayan. He looks like he sucks (at least in comparison to Sue and Shin which you kind of have to train to get him), but I can't recall ever hearing of anyone legitimately using him.

Edited by Jotari

4 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

I'll nominate Cecilia to make it a bit easier for you lol. 

Will be looking forward to this Let's Play, so good luck!

Finally an anima mage!! Wait, that means Lilina is off the list again. Oh, the sacrifices we need to make.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Use the Dougyman. He's a decent enough general, I'm told. Also, Hugh, just so you have an excuse to throw cash around.

And yay, an armor knight, Douglas locked in. Let's check the support list for him... Cecilia, huh? This... should be interesting.

You did this on purpose, right?

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

I vote Dayan. He looks like he sucks (at least in comparison to Sue and Shin which you kind of have to train to get him), but I can't recall ever hearing of anyone legitimately using him.

I COULD take him if we get into Sacae, and for a long time the votes did show that we go to Sacae, however the votes are currently in a tie. I put him in brackets until the votes are locked.

32 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

I COULD take him if we get into Sacae, and for a long time the votes did show that we go to Sacae, however the votes are currently in a tie. I put him in brackets until the votes are locked.

Actually I just remembered,  but to go Sacae you'll need to train Sue and Shin, otherwise the default route is always Ilia. Seeing as their not on the list, I'd say you pick one of them if you're going to Sacae.

Edited by Flee Fleet!

9 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Actually I just remembered,  but to go Sacae you'll need to train Sue and Shin, otherwise the default route is always Ilia. Seeing as their not on the list, I'd say you pick one of them if you're going to Sacae.

There exp just needs to be higher. I expect that just means using them for a chapter or two and only gaining one or two levels so long as you're not using the pegasus knights either.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

There exp just needs to be higher. I expect that just means using them for a chapter or two and only gaining one or two levels so long as you're not using the pegasus knights either.

Ah, I see. I guess that could work.