• Bard Route
  2. 2. Go which Route?

• Ilia
    • Sacae
  3. 3. Choose the difficulty level

• Normal
    • Hard

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/06/2018 at 09:59 PM

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ranger016 said:

Klein, since you don't have any early bow user yet, and he was pretty good when I used him.

I'm taking it!

Looks like I'll have a lot of new experience. Only Lugh, Zealot and Noah didn't made it to the team, and there only 1 spot left. Also the team have a good variety, so I could accept anybody at this point. An early character would ideal though.

EDIT: on second look, I don't have a refresher or a thief.

Edited by Garlyle

30 minutes ago, DestructionDragon360 said:

Shanna! In my experience, she's terrible, but who knows? Flier utility reigns supreme, or so I've heard.

Oh, good point - I don't have a flier. Don't mind taking her, hopefully she won't get screwed in strength.

Wait a second... if the playthrough goes to Sacae, I can't use her until Chapter 17, or I won't qualify. Then the only way to Nino her up is if I start taking down mages with her. Now this is a last minute difficulty spike added to the challenge.

However, if anyone want to change their pick, they can do it until the votes getting locked down.

5 hours ago, Garlyle said:

EDIT: on second look, I don't have a refresher or a thief.

You're going Lalum's route instead of Elphin's anyway, though Lalum does support Garrett...that's merit.

I'm sure none of us (or at least I wouldn't) mind if you brought along a thief just to open chests and whatever.

1 minute ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

You're going Lalum's route instead of Elphin's anyway, though Lalum does support Garrett...that's merit.

I'm sure none of us (or at least I wouldn't) mind if you brought along a thief just to open chests and whatever.

I object. No thief, no treasure! Challenge yourself!

19 hours ago, Jotari said:

I object. No thief, no treasure! Challenge yourself!

Hmmm, that really goes against my natural play, I need to think this through. I usually struggle having enough weapons in my playthrough, and I rely on the Halberd in Chapter 4. It'll be a challenge already with 5 units available for me, are you sure about this?

1 hour ago, Garlyle said:

Hmmm, that really goes against my natural play, I need to think this through. I usually struggle having enough weapons in my playthrough, and I rely on the Halberd in Chapter 4. It'll be a challenge already with 5 units available for me, are you sure about this?

Well it's all ultimately up to you, that's just my vote, Anonymous Speed things otherwise.

Is there an arena that you could abuse to get Shin/Sue a bunch of levels without actually having them do any fighting?

Edited by AnonymousSpeed
I don't mean to influence anyone's decision, but if for nothing more than the sadism a dedicated viewer holds for a Let's Player, I would like to see you have to suffer through having Thany and no thieves.

9 hours ago, DestructionDragon360 said:

Crap, I forgot about the silly convention that decided sacae and illia. I suppose I should change my vote to Chad, who is my favorite of the three thieves

That's actually a huge change for the plan. I can already see a way how to turn this to my advantage. So long fliers.

9 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Is there an arena that you could abuse to get Shin/Sue a bunch of levels without actually having them do any fighting?

Chapter 13 has the Arena that's the easiest to access. Also no turn limit on that chapter.

On 7/6/2018 at 3:36 AM, Garlyle said:

That's actually a huge change for the plan. I can already see a way how to turn this to my advantage. So long fliers.

I'm a bit disappointed to see you get a thief instead of a mediocre Pegasus Knight, but I'm nonetheless looking forward to the run.

NIDER6d.pngZuIoFhw.png

So, here we go! Time to start with the easiest chapter in the game - Dawn of Destiny.

GHrTAa4.png

Pretty simple start. First I put the shitty units (except Roy) to the back, and let the units of this playthrough take their formation. Marcus holds the line on the top, while Roy takes cover in the forest. 

kooC5SM.pngHLTu4jv.png

Of course the bandits can't resist, and start to attack. Marcus is just being Marcus, while Roy is acting like Superman for half a frame. Still, he took the 22% chance to get hit. Oh well.

OXH9VOr.pngZccBqbr.png

Lance is taking the first kill, like the champ he is. In a few chapters, he might become the leader of this Cavalry Emblem.

ZFejv3K.png

Alan and Roy can take the other bandit, so with the bandits hit chance to hit of nothing, I'll decide to soften him up with Roy first.

t3HnvgG.pngDQ5osY3.png

Wait...

How the F! did he had the luck to take the 22 chance twice in a row? Damnit game...

kkPSViP.png

Ok, let's pretend that was just the warmup, and do this for real this time. Formation is the same, there's nothing to see here.

kWHGyU0.png2ZDhdkG.png

The only difference here that Roy doesn't suck ass this time.

RTfOLY2.png1VFBwtP.png

Also I decided to give the first kill to Alan this time. The other main reason for this was that the bottom bandit was much bulkier this time.

U9sGbkd.pngjLw1DpH.png

Yeah, only Marcus was able to kill him. Have to do it, the marching units are already on our ass. 

MPJhduB.png7nZwWiX.png

The cavaliers have good chances to take on this bandit without Marcus anyway.

oKAtHfU.pngbyAuQak.png

Buuuuut, Lance took a hit, and after the Roy incident, I'm not going to leave this for the dice roll again. Alan to the rescue!!

8G94OMZ.pngDoabjBC.png

Roy can do it, by sticking a sword through his enemy's face!

EZuvzrs.png

I'm going to turn my Marcus into defense position, and end my turn.

Hj1aVhj.pngXMUNfqV.png

Great, I wasn't expecting that archer to miss, but this is just the first mistake he made this day.

Ye2RPKy.pngJQ9ZOlS.png

Roy keeps killing random bandits. Also while I moved Marcus out of the way, he took Lance from Alan, and put him to the side.

89Mzd0N.png5k7vk75.png

Thanks to that, Alan can start working on this poor archer.

mq7MYxr.pngBPaWx7X.pngeuiD0WU.png

I've got to give it to him, he sure puts up a fight for a random unit.

C5FWik5.pngTeFJrwZ.png

Roy borrows a sword from Marcus and finish the job.

SZqsc06.png

First level up! Thank god he gained some Strength. Next time, try to get some speed too, boi. For now, I'm happy with this.

9VsoJjY.png

Well, couldn't win them all. It's a good thing we have a thief in Chapter 3.

jFfylLy.pngIjEfhHJ.pngMRXNT1r.png

Marcus takes back his sword so he can start his real job this chapter - lure bandits sitting around.

Also Lance finally heals up with a Vulnerary.

z6jIvTO.pngYSxc1zn.pngp5EbJME.png

Hmmm, I don't know. I don't trust this guy. Yeah, they probably have no way hitting me in the forest, except when they are lucky as F!

LGSuLy0.pngkVNzb1q.png

Village has been avenged. Not that we knew anybody from there, but hey...

buQpSxP.png

Yeah, it is in this game. Clearly we proved it by letting the bandits destroy a village holding 5000 gold, but we'll probably be ok. Right?

Nice moustache by the way...

43Dwq7V.pngTj1PEGt.png

Now it's time to get back to more ass kicking.

xRstv6b.png

Maaaaan, look at that! Keep up the good work Lance, you have a future.

DQ4unlH.pngYccDlsc.png

Alan is trying to catch up.

6aKqjiG.png

Anything with 4 point in a level up is considered good for me. Hopefully those skill and speed stats will increase soon.

hREdOJK.png

Almost there. Just 2 henchmen, and we are ready to take back the castle.

YnLc0Mx.pngKKfseMV.png

Marcus goes for the bandit, and look at that - Lance can double the archer. I'll defineately take that.

tYlpxMv.png

I try to give him experience now, later it's going to be much more difficult.

CYtoCec.png

Alan's sword ain't enough to kill this archer, but that's why he's carrying a Lance too.

M4dYMbs.png

Oh, you son of a ...

WlOH6xx.png

... can't win them all.

9AS8Lsi.png7qR7AVD.pngLbHKDsG.png

Seriously, these archers are taking the hits much better then those musclehead bandits. Does it make sense?

oKQFYgw.png

Also from the looks of it, Roy is going to skip the boss battle. Shame.

e4sHiXb.png

You don't really need to do this in Normal Mode, but on hard mode Marcus is essential for the boss battle.

YixZJKU.pngz7OvMBU.png

Ouch, now that's going to leave a mark.

cSalW3I.pngxcqZxUA.png

Ok, time to switch out.

PYl90e6.png

Alan is going to take the boss.

4eRo5Ep.pngElTfp2T.png

Oh come oooon, not a good timing for taking a hit.

OGrpU4V.png

This is GAMBLIN'! 25 chance that we're going to see this chapter next week again.

fQHXXVu.pngShlyMy6.png

Remember kids, gambling is good for you. (not)

pESoRxO.png

Still no skill. This is going to take some work.

3sopqOO.png

And we were able to get a first support. Only took us 1 extra turn, now Lance is going to be amazing in the next chapter for sure.

CQ5v96A.pngLGj01J0.png

And that's it. See you next week when Lot joins the party.

Edited by Garlyle

Sorry about the images before, let me know if you guys still can't see any of them. I had some troubles with the second batch of the pictures on Imgur, but now I went to check my urls, this should be correct one. I still need to get used to this upload process.

>Easiest chapter in the game

>Gets killed 

Anyway this the first time I see a good Lance level up, he's always so underwhelming for me in terms of level ups.

On 2018. 07. 08. at 12:58 AM, DestructionDragon360 said:

Speaking of, SHAME on you for neglecting that 5k! that's like, 10 iron swords that you'll need to ration to survive chapters 5 and 9.

I think it should be still possible to complete this run. I just won't be able to buy one stat booster.

On 2018. 07. 08. at 1:15 AM, Jotari said:

Haha. That false start was glorious. Good old Roy.

If someone can fail, you can always count on Roy.

On 2018. 07. 08. at 5:29 AM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Truly Shakespearean wordplay.

Oh, we're just getting started.

On 2018. 07. 08. at 9:59 AM, Kubson said:

>Easiest chapter in the game

>Gets killed 

Anyway this the first time I see a good Lance level up, he's always so underwhelming for me in terms of level ups.

Welcome to Fire Emblem 6, where anyone can get screwed by bad level ups. A good level up at the start is always life saving, I simply prayed for Spd gains on my first Hard run.

On 2018. 07. 08. at 10:52 AM, Michelaar said:

Wow, is this announcing that this run is going to be unlucky?! I hope not.

We'll find out in about 3-6 chapters, I promise. I should be taking it easy with the dice.

And with that let's start

Chapter 2: Fort are your friends

o5zuSXy.pngMG6fze9.png

Sorry ma'am, your princess is in another castle. Oh wait, she's here, she just not supposed to know that. It's up to us to save her.

yVqkR0B.pngehFx71e.png5W19PpU.png

First I should pass some items to the units I'm actually going to use. Nothing should go to waste, I'll take all the weapons I can use.

3JHdoB6.pnghafRSwi.pngGf5O1di.png

First Marcus and Lance takes care of this lucky soldier. 

0fO5ERp.pngRdqTK9h.png

That not only gave Lance the exp, but also put him in support range, so Alan can get rid of the other soldier alone.

QViRRbY.png

My units are taking up their formation, while the others are heading out to the village for an afternoon tea.

Vda38yk.pngYjeCOl9.pngRRXIVQw.png

The soldier was serious, the bandits were not scary at all.

Ks8Ebq7.png

This is the signal, here comes a new challenger: Lot

OB8sjix.png

Here comes a level up for Lance.

YlCxsyZ.png

Wow, that's 2 good level up in a row. I couldn't be happier at this point. Go Lance!

dxJ9KCm.pngqil41qU.pngBu8qkrT.png

Safety softening from Marcus, and Roy crits the poor bandit, just because he can.

Y0hOZ0c.pngZIbA6R5.png

Alan is working on the bandits, but more importantly takes the fort for himself. Whatever happens, you want that fort...

hxwGxJQ.pngGolhlnh.pngLJqncML.pngQWavj69.png

I am simply stunned by the dramatic dialogues in this scene. Who cares about the people, this sword is all that matters. Note: this is the weapon Dieck use to murder this boss in a regular run.

IKA43sQ.png

Wade passes some extra weapons to Lot before going back to the corner.

PJU5eZH.png

I tried to put Lot in the range of the enemy, but the enemy didn't care a bit.

tJ98ljl.pnghg3HEZJ.png 

Going for the unit on the fort instead. Terrain bonuses doesn't matter for them.

0ApEVH0.pngADf6pCw.png

Roy and Alan goes on the bandit.

2Hplu6J.png

That's what your lord needs. I want more strength for him though. If his strength doesn't grow, he becomes useless late game.

a1BWn2M.pngrbgr5so.pngBiBL6xs.png

I thought if I can hit that guy, Lance could finish him off. As expected, Lot missed, so just for safety I gave this kill to Marcus.

ZS8DJpA.png

Lance is going for some wellness time into the fort.

xdeTMij.pngIaooGqU.png

The next turn Lot went against this bandit. Used the forest, but got hit anyway. Fan-F!ing-tastic

3JqYVGf.png

Ok game, if you play like this, I better pull him off. There's too many enemies coming this way.

mc0dmI0.png

This way they went for Alan instead. I'm taking a lot of damage here.

LppBk81.pngchevXtH.png

Oh, I have to take this. It's meant to be for Alan.

v1r0C9p.png

I have to give it to him, he's very consistent in those 2 areas, but you NEED more Skill.

3P1UXtq.pngWzKMwb3.pngSJwqFv3.png

Lance and Roy takes on the weaker soldier. The one behind is much bulkier, so I'm giving that to Lot.

iOsf35M.png0PM3vF0.png

In fact he's so much bulkier, that I have to use a Steel Axe to kill instantly. 

f5Uy84U.png

After I took my time to heal by the fort on the left, I'm moving to the 2nd phase, luring the army to the other forts. Also say hi to Thany carrying Dieck to the corner.

23mzrlw.png

0 chance to hit, but 100 chance from my side. Only from the AI guys, only from the AI.

PvTgJjY.png7i3ZFDd.png

First Roy can take this loser from the fort...

wSdhdEx.pngRI5EF5Z.png

...then Lot goes for the soldier, and gets hit again...

MhFH5Jf.pngH7HBx62.pngLJ4MYgh.png

...followed by Marcus and Lance taking the other bandit...

1s4t43P.png5008Eg4.png

...and Alan starting to work on the archer. Now that was a solid turn.

3iH1Phc.pngPHX4mN5.pngJZzdoqQ.png

Lot should really learn how to dodge from Lance. I'm not impressed Lot, you need to get better.

BcyxPvs.pngDQA2nE1.png

Well, at least he has a shot against this archer.

EVeeXc4.png

Good start. Well, a fighter usually prefers Strength, but I'm taking this.

Me8BEI9.pngMfcDsrD.png

The soldier is for Alan. All those strength points are paying out already.

hHvHt2N.pngYbExloR.pngqc9t70f.png

Now Lance is taking a ton of damage. This is too much for my taste. Roy gets the exp.

I5uSnV9.pngYuthr6m.png

Thank god this guy does not double. Tooooo much incoming damage already.

61cjzvZ.png

Instead of rushing, I decided to take it safely and went back to the fort and also pop up a vulnerary for Alan.

GqirI1v.png

And guess what, he still hits Alan.

m1ZBNIP.png

I think I'm not in a rush, so just for safety I heal up by these forts before the final round.

kNxghf7.pngHIXqlGv.pngmkCDqJt.png

Since I can't lure those 2, I need to go in and take them out the usual way.

hh1wWeB.pngwnz76Vg.png

Did I mentioned how bulky these archers are? GOD!

G0Cgi66.pngbwEVKes.png

Good thing I healed up.

oPcw1ul.pngBNzJDfv.pngsc5oNnO.png

Even Marcus can't double thid guy?? These archers are going to be a pain in the ass.

obz0HSB.png

Dudes, this Lance is such a hax. I'm lost of words right now.

huLxTcP.pngQwIcxwO.png

I forgot Marcus in the range of the boss. Now how should we get rid of him?

IUzCM10.png0V53IWB.png

First Marcus making him weaker, I like those numbers. If things go bad, I could still rescue him.

l5vwNMq.pngxyTGije.png

Here, take this Boi with the Armorslayer.

A505dJW.pngCQAyy82.pngzF1Y2te.png

And finally, it's Hammer Time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo

YkbEHQF.png09sHSSg.png

Also I decided that after the afternoon tea, Bors goes shopping for 2 Iron Swords. You can't have enough swords early game.

mko8WE1.png

See you soon, in the next chapter.

On 7/10/2018 at 11:08 PM, Garlyle said:

If someone can fail, you can always count on Roy.

I don't think there's any Fire Emblem where you can die earlier than that. Maybe Radiant Dawn.