July Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

2 hours ago, Johann said:

Just a preliminary list of potential heroes we might see next month (for those of you contemplating your orbs), I'm just gonna drop this here and I guess start the next thread with analysis like tomorrow or something:

• New Red, Brave Roy, Reinhardt (sword), Lene
  • Fjorm, Spring Catria, Brave Lucina, Ninian, Nephenee, Shiro, Sumia
  • Gunnthra, LA Hector, Grima (M), Spring Alf, Spring Sharena
  • Robin, Takumi, Faye, Spring Kagero, Maribelle

Maribelle so soon?

Whilst I see her being a mainstay with Genny and Brave Lyn, August seems a bit soon.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Johann said:

• New Red, Brave Roy, Reinhardt (sword), Lene
  • Fjorm, Spring Catria, Brave Lucina, Ninian, Nephenee, Shiro, Sumia
  • Gunnthra, LA Hector, Grima (M), Spring Alf, Spring Sharena
  • Robin, Takumi, Faye, Spring Kagero, Maribelle

With Kinshinoka in July's banner, Female Kana is a possibility for the green orbs. Green Olwen is a good choice too.

I am surprised Elincia never appeared in a legendary banner before, so she can be a possibility too.

Also, IS decided to use old gen 1 units, like Azura and Tiki, in the banners. Units like Alm, Ephraim, Lyn, Lucina, and Leo can appear too.

8 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Maribelle so soon?

Whilst I see her being a mainstay with Genny and Brave Lyn, August seems a bit soon.

Shes just sequentially the next 5* exclusive grey unit after Bow Hinoka to be released and therefore listed as an option, albeit a very unlikely one. The Faye re-run seems much more likely. Takumi is still technically 5* exclusive, but I wonder if being a free unit as well now makes him ineligible for the banner.

Blue is in a similar position, with Ishtar being here this month, we're fully caught up on new non-seasonal blues, Sumia aside. Unlike grey though, at least there are some older 5* exclusive blues that can be run.

I think they'll hold off on Lene as well. Brave Roy as listed is a possibility, but the door is also open to pretty much any early red 5* exclusive, like say Lyn, Leo or Alm.

14 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Shes just sequentially the next 5* exclusive grey unit after Bow Hinoka to be released and therefore listed as an option, albeit a very unlikely one. The Faye re-run seems much more likely. Takumi is still technically 5* exclusive, but I wonder if being a free unit as well now makes him ineligible for the banner.

Blue is in a similar position, with Ishtar being here this month, we're fully caught up on new non-seasonal blues, Sumia aside. Unlike grey though, at least there are some older 5* exclusive blues that can be run.

I think they'll hold off on Lene as well. Brave Roy as listed is a possibility, but the door is also open to pretty much any early red 5* exclusive, like say Lyn, Leo or Alm.

It's not guaranteed the heroes in the Legendary banners need to be recent heroes... Azura is a example. I also believe it's too early for Maribelle or Sumia. Genny already appeared twice, and I will not be surprised if she appears again. Innes appeared twice, so why not Faye or Takumi again?

We also have Mist... *laughs*

21 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

It's not guaranteed the heroes in the Legendary banners need to be recent heroes... Azura is a example. I also believe it's too early for Maribelle or Sumia. Genny already appeared twice, and I will not be surprised if she appears again. Innes appeared twice, so why not Faye or Takumi again?

We also have Mist... *laughs*

Yeah, if the latest hero "due" is too recent, they'll go back, but generally to someone not run before, unless they're a CYL hero in which case they can be rerun anytime, or grey due to the sheer lack of units.

Aside from Mist, Rhajat was also skipped. I think she's the only hero where they actively skipped her when her turn came up, as unlike Mist, she's newer than the concept of legendary banners.

@SlipperySlippy@Diovani BressanI pretty much only put that list there to indicate that I'll discuss their chances in the next thread, which I would consider a possibility, however slim and unlikely. What's more important is that the characters I listed may be of interest to some people, so I want them to get an idea as to who might appear next month, especially if they're unsure about spending more orbs on the current banner

I feel like August will break some patterns. For one, CYL is definitely coming up soon, and I have a gut feeling that they may introduce Marth's Legendary variant around that time, so August makes sense. On the other hand, Fjorm and Gunthra are BOTH returning in August and we were just introduced to their sword-wielding brother, so August makes sense for him as well.

NEXT MONTH'S THREAD:

Please use the newest thread if you intend to make posts about future banners. Feel free to use this thread for analysis of trends, etc.