GPS Spoofing on Pokemon Go?

Dragoncat

Don't even think about it. It's cheating and it gets you banned. It's not fair when other players play legitimately and the way it's meant to be played.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Don't even think about it. It's cheating and it gets you banned. It's not fair when other players play legitimately and the way it's meant to be played.

Agreed. You'll be "shadow banned", which means no good Pokemon, so you'll be stuck with Ratatta and Pidgey for a long time.

I did it several times in the past with absolutely no consequences (mostly by avoiding the obvious stupid choices like teleporting too much or something that gets people busted), and it was helpful and all. However, that was a long time ago, before the Hoenn update even happened (I do remember Johto being included). I’m not sure if Niantic has cracked down it since I last played, but setting it up was kinda a hassle for me and I stopped not because of ethical reasons, but rather I got bored and didn’t want to bother. I played vanilla a couple times since then and recently uninstalled since I barely used it since March or so.

For others, I’m not in charge in other people’s actions, so while I can confirm it is helpful, I can’t exactly promote or recommend it. The practice is often frowned upon as illustrated by the previous comments.

8 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Okay, thanks guys. I was considering it just because of the festivals I can't get to.

I admit, it does suck that many of us can't go to these festivals. I've only been to one Pokemon GO event and that was down in Fayetteville, NC and I'm not sure if Niantic even officially announced that one. Not to mention, those big ones keep failing because the servers keep overloading with too many players. You'd think Niantic would learn, but yeah. :/

I know people that did it and they somehow are completely safe!

I wanted to try it someday cuz' where I live there's almost nothing, and well... Those festivals too.