If all skills and equipment were inheritable, who would be the most broken unit?

Jotari

Suddenly there are no prf weapons or skills. Any character can equip anything. Which characters would become the most obscenely broken and with what crazy skill combinations? You might think that answer would just be whoever has the highest base stat total, but most of them are armours who would suddenly be gimped a bit by losing access to exclusive skills.

Edited by Jotari

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps Arden with Divine Tyrfing or Meisterschwert? Although he can't be merged as highly.

Linde with Ishtar's tome would also be slighly more powerful than Ishtar.

Zelgius with Radiant Aether might also be pretty broken.

Edited by Ae†her

Winter Chrom with Berserk Armads. He has the best stat distribution for the weapon, and Berserk Armads is the strongest weapon in the game by a huge margin.

EDIT: Building on that:

Winter Chrom [+Atk, -Spd]
Berserk Armads
Swap
Black Luna
Distant Counter
Wrath 3
Ostia's Pulse
Quickened Pulse

EDIT 2: Also this:

Karla [+Atk, -Res]
Nameless Blade [unique]
Reposition
Regnal Astra
Distant Counter
Wrath 3
Ostia's Pulse
Quickened Pulse

EDIT 3: If weapons aren't locked to their weapon types (but characters keep their original weapon types), shit like this also works:

Dark Robin (M) [+Atk, -Spd]
Dire Thunder
Swap
Black Luna
Death Blow 3
Bold Fighter 3
Ostia's Pulse
Quickened Pulse

Edited by Ice Dragon

36 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Dark Robin (M) [+Atk, -Spd]
Dire Thunder
Swap
Black Luna
Death Blow 3
Bold Fighter 3
Ostia's Pulse
Quickened Pulse

While it's true that guy kills everything, I would NOT like to try lugging an armored unit around to hit things. I mean, at least he's ranged, I guess, but I'll gladly pay 3 Atk to use Cavalry Chrom instead. (Going to be pretty 'fun' trying to get Grima buffed before combat, as well, but at least for a unit like him Atk Tactic is really all he needs.)

Edit: Unless you meant that Grima would keep his 1 range attack, in which case... I would almost never run that unit, the sheer amount of team support he needs is atrocious.

Edited by DehNutCase

5 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

While it's true that guy kills everything, I would NOT like to try lugging an armored unit around to hit things. I mean, at least he's ranged, I guess, but I'll gladly pay 3 Atk to use Cavalry Chrom instead. (Going to be pretty 'fun' trying to get Grima buffed before combat, as well, but at least for a unit like him Atk Tactic is really all he needs.)

Quickened Pulse can be dropped for Armored Boots if any of your other units has Ostia's Pulse on them. You can also run a second armor with Armor March instead of Ostia's Pulse.

Edited by Ice Dragon

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Quickened Pulse can be dropped for Armored Boots if any of your other units has Ostia's Pulse on them. You can also run a second armor with Armor March instead of Ostia's Pulse.

(Incidentally, why did you run both pulses in the first place? I thought Black Luna was 3? Bold Fighter gives 2 on attack, IRRC, so you only need one special charge on the start of map.)

Anyway, my problem with dropping damage skill-slots for mobility is that the more mobile character can use damage skill-slots to catch up. Like, pretending for a moment Grima actually needs both pulses, Chrom can pick up an Atk +3 seal in the S slot to close up the Atk gap to 1 while still keeping the ability to run reposition.

If Grima had 6 attack on Chrom I might run him, but 4 is really cutting it.

Edited by DehNutCase

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

(Incidentally, why did you run both pulses in the first place? I thought Black Luna was 3? Bold Fighter gives 2 on attack, IRRC, so you only need one special charge on the start of map.)

Ostia's Pulse doesn't affect the user, only allies.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Ostia's Pulse doesn't affect the user, only allies.

o.O

Suddenly, that skill ENRAGES me.

Armor units simply can't support, nothing in their kit allows it when support requires the ability to actually move places on the map. Why would you even design a pure support skill for an armored unit. D :

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Suddenly there are no prf weapons or skills. Any character can equip anything.

50 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If weapons aren't locked to their weapon types

I assume I can inherit Bold Fighter on a flying unit then, and maybe even different Weapons? I would go for something obnoxious.

Cherche +Atk, -HP/Spd/Def/Res
Firesweep Bow, Reposition, Moonbow
Death Blow, Bold Fighter, Def Smoke
Poison Strike

SS!Ryoma +Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res
Gravity [Dazzling Staff], Reposition, Moonbow
Life and Death, Wrathful Staff, Res Smoke
Poison Strike

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Armor units simply can't support, nothing in their kit allows it when support requires the ability to actually move places on the map. Why would you even design a pure support skill for an armored unit. D :

Ostia's Pulse does not have any positioning requirements though. Its limitation is based on team composition instead, kind of like Infantry Pulse.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Gravity [Dazzling Staff], Reposition, Moonbow
Life and Death, Wrathful Staff, Res Smoke
Poison Strike

Why is this build not running Regnal Astra?

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Why is this build not running Regnal Astra?

Forgot about that. Is it really that strong though? Moonbow's damage might not be consistent, but it scales with the enemies' Def/Res.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

Ostia's Pulse does not have any positioning requirements though. Its limitation is based on team composition instead, kind of like Infantry Pulse.

I know, but running Ostia's Pulse is kind of like running Baton Pass on your sweeper. Yeah, it's good, but do you REALLY want it in that slot over something that helps your sweeper sweep? (Never mind that a baton pass team would probably have baton pass on everyone, just so you can switch to a different sweeper.)

Like, imagine for a moment armor march didn't need another armor on the team, would you really run Ostia's Pulse over armor march?

Edit: Basically I'm saying that guy should be running an Atk Wave skill. if his mobility wasn't so bad it's hard to guarantee combat on a certain turn.

Edited by DehNutCase

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

Forgot about that. Is it really that strong though? Moonbow's damage might not be consistent, but it scales with the enemies' Def/Res.

+0 Legendary Ryoma [+Spd] (Life and Death 3) +6/6 has 53 Spd, which results in a 21-damage Regnal Astra. An opponent would need 70 Def/Res for Moonbow to do the same damage.

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Like, imagine for a moment armor march didn't need another armor on the team, would you really run Ostia's Pulse over armor march?

Actually, you'd want to run Armor March on a non-armor unit since we're lifting inheritance restrictions. Its effect doesn't require the user to be armored (but it requires allies receiving the effect to be armored), meaning you would ideally run every cavalry unit with Armor March to give your armor 2 movement and your cavalry 4 movement.

Edited by Ice Dragon

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Actually, you'd want to run Armor March on a non-armor unit since we're lifting inheritance restrictions. Its effect doesn't require the user to be armored (but it requires allies receiving the effect to be armored), meaning you would ideally run every cavalry unit with Armor March to give your armor 2 movement and your cavalry 4 movement.

Except for the slight problem where after one turn your cavalry left your armor units in the dust.

: /

(And I like cavalry and all, but running armor march on them sort of doubles down on their weakness of low BST, since you're not using Class Buffs to fix their stats anymore.)

Armors just don't play nice with other units unless you're using armors as sweepers.

Edit: Oh, you know what I just realized? We can give Lyn's sword to someone with an actual Atk stat now, for a desperation brash build that actually hits for damage.

Edited by DehNutCase

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Armors just don't play nice with other units unless you're using armors as sweepers.

Works fine if you give both of your cavalry units Dance. Let your cavalry use their mobility to maintain Armor March and dance your armors. Let the armors do the heavy lifting.

My ideal team composition is 2 armors with Ostia's Pulse and 2 cavalry or fliers with Armor March and Dance.

28 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I know, but running Ostia's Pulse is kind of like running Baton Pass on your sweeper. Yeah, it's good, but do you REALLY want it in that slot over something that helps your sweeper sweep? (Never mind that a baton pass team would probably have baton pass on everyone, just so you can switch to a different sweeper.)

Ah, okay. That makes sense.

24 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

+0 Legendary Ryoma [+Spd] (Life and Death 3) +6/6 has 53 Spd, which results in a 21-damage Regnal Astra. An opponent would need 70 Def/Res for Moonbow to do the same damage.

Is it possible to reach that high?

36 (WE!Tharja) + 3 (+Res) + 6 (Blárserpent) + 4 (Res Refine) + 6 (Distant Def) + 6 (Distant Def) = 61
61 + 12 (3 Ward Armor) = 73

As long as I split them apart, it should be a piece of cake I guess.

24 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

your cavalry 4 movement

Fuck me! Sounds awesome.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

become the most obscenely broken and with what crazy skill combinations?

Now that I think about it more, if we are allowed to have any A/B/C skill in the Sacred Seal slot sans Múspellflame/Embla's Ward, I think I will make some slight changes.

Cherche +Atk, -HP/Spd/Def/Res
Firesweep Bow, Reposition, Moonbow
Death Blow, Bold Fighter, Def Smoke
Death Blow

Gravity [Dazzling Staff], Reposition, Regnal Astra/Moonbow
Life and Death/Death Blow, Wrathful Staff, Res Smoke
Bold Fighter

I am also assuming the Weapon's color and the unit's color are uncoupled, basically like Pokémon. Although since bows can change color now, I prefer it to stay colorless.

Edited by XRay

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Works fine if you give both of your cavalry units Dance. Let your cavalry use their mobility to maintain Armor March and dance your armors. Let the armors do the heavy lifting.

My ideal team composition is 2 armors with Ostia's Pulse and 2 cavalry or fliers with Armor March and Dance.

Is -2 CD on specials really worth losing all access to class buffs?

In free inheritance everyone gets bold fighter, meaning Atk is more or less all that matters, and class buff is +6 Atk. Armors have 4 Atk on cavalry and 3 Atk on fliers and infantry.

My ideal team would probably be a Dazzling Staff, Bold Fighter, Galeforce sweep build. Dancer uses Ostia's Pulse to put all Galeforce on 4 cd, and then just sweep the team with pains.

Edit: That is, 3 Galeforce users, 1 dancer. (One single ostia pulse means everyone gets their Galeforce after the first combat, and if 7 combats with Pain+ doesn't wipe a team, I don't know what will.)

Edited by DehNutCase

Horse Chrom
Alm's Falchion
(any sort of damaging special)
Death Blow
Dull Close
Atk +3

No dragon survives that sort of nonsense.  Now imagine there's horse buffs.

Edited by eclipse

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Needs Cancel Affinity to break through Triangle Adept blue dragons.

I did some testing with Alm, factoring in merges, TA, and what kind of attack values Chrom can hit.  Assuming I did not screw up my calculations, the only unit that will survive Chrom (assuming horse buffs and +Atk) is a +HP F!Corrin with a Def-forged weapon and TA in the A slot.

If Chrom is properly supported, Corrin goes poof.

8 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I did some testing with Alm, factoring in merges, TA, and what kind of attack values Chrom can hit.  Assuming I did not screw up my calculations, the only unit that will survive Chrom (assuming horse buffs and +Atk) is a +HP F!Corrin with a Def-forged weapon and TA in the A slot.

If Chrom is properly supported, Corrin goes poof.

+10 Helpful Chrom [+Atk] (Falchion (Valentia) [unique], Death Blow 3, Dull Close 3, Attack +3) +6/6 (no Special) fails to kill Nowi by 6 HP, Corrin by 10 HP, and hypothetical Kana by 3 HP when they are running +10 [+Atk] (Lightning Breath+ [Def], Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Close Def 3). Chrom fails to double Corrin or Kana and dies to Nowi's first counterattack (Fortify Cavalry fixes that).

With Moonbow or Glimmer, he grabs the kills on Nowi and Kana, but fails to take down +10 Corrin (F) [+Def] (Lightning Breath+ [Def], Triangle Adept 3, Guard 3, Quick Riposte 3) by 4 HP. And that's of course assuming that the opponent isn't running Ward Dragons or Drive Def (or Water Breath+).

Considering that

+10 Alm [+Atk] (Falchion [unique], Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Cancel Affinity 3, Heavy Blade 3) +6/0/0/0

Already kills everything short of

+10 Corrin (F) [+Def] (Water Breath+ [Def], Steady Breath, Guard 3, Quick Riposte 3) +0/0/6/6

who survives by only 4 HP, Chrom will do just fine with Cancel Affinity 3 since I can actually imagine Corrin running the Triangle Adept build listed above, but not so much the Water Breath build.

How about a Reinhardt with Bold Fighter and Black Luna? Actually lots of ranged units would become amazing with Bold Fighter! And lots of dragons not named Grima would love Vengeful Fighter!

Edited by Water Mage

mmmm all units that have +40 base attack running Flame Siegmund/enhanced Siegmund with Deathblow Black Luna, Sol Ring and hevy blade seal. so basicly a 3turn cooldown aether with 80% def/res ignoring and 30%  of dmg healed back

dunno possibilitys are endless