NES styled characters!

Hecatia

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, DarthR0xas said:

I ship it. They look great.

While we're on the topic of memes, I think it is only right that the Beast known as Batta be done as well

Batta.png.e92b3ea73eae8fa4959b1bc2127e286d.png

Here's the Batta, a man so fierce, so savage, that calls himself "The Beast". And gets killed by a programmed Critical Hit.

26 minutes ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

Batta.png.e92b3ea73eae8fa4959b1bc2127e286d.png

Here's the Batta, a man so fierce, so savage, that calls himself "The Beast". And gets killed by a programmed Critical Hit.

It would have been cool if he actully were strong in Hard mode

2 hours ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

Thank you :D
He's now sleeping in an imaginary chair!

Yeah he does look like he's sitting on something invisible. 

I'm not seeing the Felicia/Gheb coincidence? Neat that you included a broken tea plate for Felicia.

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

I'm not seeing the Felicia/Gheb coincidence? Neat that you included a broken tea plate for Felicia.

Well... Gheb is famous for being a pervert and Felicia is on a maid costume

Woah, Gonzalez, Batta, Dorothy and Felicia all look gorgeous !

I'm a little more unsure about Gheb. His face artwork is right, but his whole body... It doesn't fit. Considering Haar, it's his pose that looks awkward. Like he's sitting without a chair. 

Other than that, I'd really like to compliment you on your work, because all the others are really great ! I love how you still manage to give them personality despite your limitations, and also put references to their supports (Like Gonzalez's flower)

8 hours ago, Zeldacrafter_Swagg said:

Woah, Gonzalez, Batta, Dorothy and Felicia all look gorgeous !

I'm a little more unsure about Gheb. His face artwork is right, but his whole body... It doesn't fit. Considering Haar, it's his pose that looks awkward. Like he's sitting without a chair. 

Other than that, I'd really like to compliment you on your work, because all the others are really great ! I love how you still manage to give them personality despite your limitations, and also put references to their supports (Like Gonzalez's flower)

Thank you so so much!!
I really enjoy making these and giving em' some funny details ;D

Honestly, I'm still unsatisfied with Gheb's full sprite. Since he didn't had official artwork and the wear that his class uses doesn't really fit him... It was really difficult to make something that would fit him. Maybe I would change it to something better. Also, Haar is supposed to be sitting without a chair since I didn't want to sprite a chair for him XD A while ago, I also made Jill and she's also missing her dragon but she's supposed to be petting them, I just forget or simply don't want to sprite anything else but the character c:

Gheb is also famous for wanting to raep his loli's and all the bad guys who keep trying to steal them.  That's a very important detail.  And of course Batta the Beast is his right hand man.

Personally, I'd like to see Lucina and Katarina made as NES sprites.  Particularly Katarina, as she's part of the Archanea stories.

Also, I think artwork!Dorothy looks like a more pissant Nadine from Valkyria Chronicles with a brown palette.  Which is a good thing in my book.

23 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Gheb is also famous for wanting to raep his loli's and all the bad guys who keep trying to steal them.  That's a very important detail.  And of course Batta the Beast is his right hand man.

Personally, I'd like to see Lucina and Katarina made as NES sprites.  Particularly Katarina, as she's part of the Archanea stories.

Also, I think artwork!Dorothy looks like a more pissant Nadine from Valkyria Chronicles with a brown palette.  Which is a good thing in my book.

I did forget the most important detail about Gheb ;A;

I'm sure that someone already made Luchina, mother of Inigo from the future and daughter of Chrome Lucina, but I will do it anyway c:
Katarina looks a bit like Lute so why not! (I've yet to play Mystery of the Emblem to know more about her)

You were right about Nadine too XD

17 minutes ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

Luchina, mother of Inigo from the future and daughter of Chrome

Don't you mean Luchia, the sibling of Inigo or Morgan?  Ah, I remember that silly moment when Olivia frickin' died.

I also thought that Katarina looked a little like Lute.  She's actually exclusively from New Mystery of the Emblem - she never appeared in the SNES titles.  Her story's actually really sad and tragic; she's one of those kinds of girls you just want to give a big long hug and tell her everything will be alright.  Lots of gut-wrenching moments with her, I feel if anything would make New Mystery worth a play through (or even just a watch/read), it's the side story with her and the other new characters.  Thankfully, her story can end happily.

4 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Don't you mean Luchia, the sibling of Inigo or Morgan?  Ah, I remember that silly moment when Olivia frickin' died.

That's the one and only!

She looks so hopeless in her official artwork... I definitely want to hug her and give her as much happiness as I can ;A;

Luchina.png.4b697589be4ef9c22654019b0f9aca27.png

As promised, here's Luchia! Want to know more about her? Don't check the Fire Emblem Wiki on Wikia.
Yep, I used Marth's portrait to draw Lucina!

Katarina is next!

Edited by 1% Critical Hit

Even when you spell the name correctly, I can't read anything but "Luchia" now.  This is what you've done to us, Mangs/Fire Emblem Wiki "Who is [this character]" videos that I'm pretty certain are made solely by robots.

Anyway, Luchina's looking quite Marthematic.  I'd expect nothing less.

In the original FE, only Marth and Caeda had different portraits for emotions, but I tried to do some for more :D

Now that I'm playing Mystery of the Emblem Remake, I saw Katarina doing that face and I had to put that into a portrait and for Oboro, that's the face she always does when she's angry.

The difference on sizes is because maybe people would not want to click and download the image to see it in detail.

13 minutes ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

The difference on sizes is because maybe people would not want to click and download the image to see it in detail.

But then why don't you just have the bigger one all the time?

51 minutes ago, Critical Sniper said:

But then why don't you just have the bigger one all the time?

It's sorta like a custom to leaving the sprite with the original resolution.

Awwww yeah, two of my favorite girls in the series!

I really like the work on 'Boro's ANGERY face.

21 hours ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

Oh, and I also made Oboro! She's one of the few characters of the Fates cast that I like a lot, actually... Not a fan of that game.

I once made an army of 'Boros to challenge Conquest.  That's how I cope with the bad story, is by making everything around it so ridiculous that it's almost not even the same game/story.

Anyway, glad to know yet another has been inducted into the Cult of 'Boro ヽRGaYS2c.pngノヽRGaYS2c.pngノヽRGaYS2c.pngノ

15 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

I really like the work on 'Boro's ANGERY face.

Her mouth is different in the original, but I'm glad I did good with her characteristic ANGERY.

I would gladly do the same to cope with the story! Too much of a character you like is never a bad thing, specially if she's Oboro!

10 hours ago, Julius Nepos said:

I can't believe I never knew about this thread before.

These are great, I love them! Keep up the good work~

Thank you so much! It means a lot :D
I always do my best with these!