What upcoming games are on your radar?

Affinity

For me, I currently have Octopath Traveler, Va-11 Hall-a, and Shikhondo Soul Eater preordered. However, I will definitely be buying Smash 5, Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition, and Battlefield 5 before the year ends. Pretty sure there are a few other releases coming out this year that I will be picking up, just cannot think of any at the moment.

Edited by Affinity

Easy list for me!

- Smash Ultimate
- Luigi's Mansion remake for 3DS
- Yoshi Switch (why wasn't this in E3...)
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses
- Super Mario Party
- Captain Toad Treasure Tracker for Switch (though this is lower priority than the others right now)

And that's all for now. I might decide to pick up Pokemon Let's Go Eevee too, but I'm still not super interested in either Pokemon Let's Go game.

Edited by Anacybele

• Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  • Indie Pogo
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country
  • Dragon: Marked for Death
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  • Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX
  • Blade Strangers

• Shining Resonance Refrain
  • Smash Bros. Ultimate
  • The World Ends With You Final Remix
  • Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition
  • Code of Princess EX
Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

• FE3H
  • Soul Calibur VI
  • Octopath Traveler (looks interesting, at least)
  • Megaman X Collection
  • Megaman 11
  • Resident Evil 2 Remake
  • Cyberpunk 2077 (which is still many years from release, but I wanted to mention anyway)
  • Elder Scrolls VI (same)
  • The new Azure Striker Gunvolt game
  • The AA they're making for the Switch (which I have no idea about when it is going to be released)
  • Monster Hunter Generations (maybe)
  • Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

July
-- Octopath Traveler
August
-- Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
September
-- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 DLC
-- Code Vein
-- Valkyria Chronicles 4
December
-- Super Smash Brothers Ultimate

-- God Eater 3
-- Fire Emblem Switch
Unknown
-- Earth Defense Force 5 (US Release)
-- Earth Defense Force Iron Rain (US Release)

Right now this is my current list, with Octopath Traveler being a guaranteed purchase while the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 DLC I already have due to owning the Season Pass. These are the games I'm looking forward to, but I still have a massive backlog that I need to get through as well.

• Valkyria Chronicles 4: The game I'm most looking forward to within the immediate future.
  • Fire Emblem - Three Houses: Admittedly I can't say I'm excited until we know more about the game itself, but I'm following news on it nonetheless.  Not enough to hop on the speculation train, though.
  • Soul Cal VI: After the disappointment of V, I'm hopeful that this one will deliver better.  If nothing else, I'm glad for the returning roster.  Even if what we've seen so far was all we got, it's still a solid roster.
  • Red Dead Redemption 2: Nothing much to say except I loved the first game, and I would just like RDR2 to come either to Switch or PC so that I can actually play it without having to shell a few hundred on a PS4/XBone I otherwise won't use much.  Glad it won't just be about John Marston; I like the guy, but we need to see this world through a different lens.
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: I want to know more before I get it.  If it's just SSB4 but with all the characters from the previous games, I'm gonna wait for a discount at least.  Though the nice thing is that now I can scream "Hi, I'm Daisy!" at my foes when I booty-slam them into oblivion.  Though I can't yell "Waluigi Time!" when I wack 'em with a racket, unfortunately.
  • The Elder Scrolls VI: It's only on my radar.  While I'm glad the crazy cycle of port after port after port after port of Skyrim has finally broken, a teaser's not gonna get me hyped.  All I can do right now is muse about what province it takes place in based off of the trailer's landscape pan.  Kind of hope that game isn't too far out, because I really don't want to have to follow, like, five-or-so years of hype and speculation, but... ¯\_(-_-)_/¯
  • REmake 2: I've kind of stopped buying RE games after RE4.  Pretty much the only games I like are most of them up to that title, and the recent direction is just not something I'm all that into.  And while I do like that they've come back to RE2, I think I'm going to miss the totally cheesy B-horror acting that was such a trademark of the earlier games.
  • Super Mario Party: It exists, apparently.  I liked these games a lot when I was younger, though now I'm likely gonna need to bruteforce my friend over to play it if I even get it.
  • Mario Tennis Aces: Yeah, it's out already, but I kind of want to wait and see if they patch in some new game modes.  I'm not much for online multiplayer, and in case my comment on the last game I listed didn't make it apparent enough, I have a difficult time getting friends to come over and play them with me.

My problem is that there's a number of games I'm looking at that release within the span of a few months, and only so much money to spend on them.  Though I guess it's a blessing in disguise because I have trouble asking my parents to get things for me during Christmas since I usually just get everything I want myself.

But I definitely know for a fact that I will get VC4 when it comes out.  That's not even up for debate, VC is pretty much the game that got me into strategy games in the first place.

The only one that's definitely coming out, and I definitely want is Valkyria Chronicles 4.

The one that is definitely coming out, but I'm on the fence is FE: Three Houses but depends on how good the story is.

As for ones that are still not official, but what I would like to see are:

• Persona 5 PS Vita version - possible, considering we have precedents in the forms of P3P and P4G
  • Persona Q2 - announced, but still haven't got the details
  • Tokyo Mirage Session - Switch version - outright wishful thinking, but on my wishlist
Edited by henrymidfields

At least very near future, Octopath Traveler and Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker now that it's going to be ported. I'm also going to play Vampyr once I make more progress on clearing my PC backlog. I'm pretty excited for that one, already bought it but I need to show some self restraint on all my games that I've had forever and not beaten before just buying new crap on PC.

Trails of Cold Steel 3 whenever it gets localized.

Translation patch of Trails to Zero is near done.

Sonic Mania+

Megaman X Collection

Octopath

Bloodstained

Smash Ultimate 

DMC5

The only game I have preordered at the moment is Smash Ultimate and I'll have so much to do when this game comes out. Too bad it comes out in the middle of finals week.

I still haven't gotten around to the latest Octopath demo but that seems like a good purchase to get me playing my Switch again. I'm also 100% picking up the Shenmue 1 and 2 rerelease in August. Red Dead Redemption 2 should also be extremely likely. And KH3 in January. I'm also going to keep my eye on the reception for Spider Man.

On 7/3/2018 at 6:51 PM, Levant Mir Celestia said:
  • Shining Resonance Refrain

I was gonna quote a buncha ppl to give props, but it'd just be a buncha repeats and ones on my own list.  But this one stands out.  I dig it, really looking forward to it, too.

Anyway, oh man, so many.  I don't wanna put a list of like 20 games, so I'll try to limit it to ones I actually have a strong sense about (i.e. Greedfall and Babylon's Fall look really sick and really hyped for it, but I just know too little about them, atm) and have fairly close release dates.  Here are mine:

Death's Gambit
Soulcalibur VI
Jake Hunter Detective Story: Ghost of the Dusk
Dead or Alive 6
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Timespinner
Biomutant
Darksiders III

If I had a Switch, of course Octopath and FE:3H would be up there as well.  edit: and SNK Heroines.  :B):

Edited by Dr. Cheesesteak

• Octopath Traveler (I already preordered it)
  • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (not a priority at the moment)
  • Mega Man X Legacy Collection
  • Mega Man 11
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna - The Golden Country DLC
  • The Elder Scrolls VI (...maybe...I’m nowhere near finishing Skyrim because I don’t have time to play it)
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses (...maybe...)

Too many. September alone will leave my wallet empty and my backlog full.

Right now I'm awaiting Octopath Traveler and at the end of the month WarioWare Gold

Any EDF fans here? Cause one of my most anticipated localizations is Earth Defense Force 5. Was supposed to arrive this summer but as of now I have found no exact release date. Hopefully it will make it this year. 

I'd also like to mention The Messenger and Blazing Chrome. I'm a sucker for neo-retro and these look like the Shovel Knights of Ninja Gaiden and Contra. 

Seeing as I just got may hands on a Switch there's a lot of games on my "to-get" list right now, but in terms of titles not currently on the market off the top of my head...

• Soulcalibur 6
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses
  • Super Mario Party
  • Bloodstained Ritual of the Night
  • Mega Man 11
  • Monster Hunter World (PC Port)

Edit: Also if anyone has any recommendations for Switch games I can get at a discounted price let me know.

Edited by TheGoodHoms

Guess I'll clean up my list a bit and format it similar to the other lists posted. Have some things to add, too.

Smash Bros Ultimate (day 1 buy)

Octopath Traveler (Wayfarer's Edition preordered)

Shikhondo Soul Eater (preordered)

Va-11 Hall-A (preordered the CE)

Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition (day 1 buy)

FE3H (next year, but everyone else is listing it so I may as well. Will be a day 1 buy)

Metroid Prime 4 (day 1 buy for sure)

Super Mario Party (interested, but will probably hold off on a bit due to backlog reasons)

SCVI (interested, waiting to see how the roster/DLC ends up)

Cyberpunk 2077 (too far out, but I am interested)

VC4 (don't know much about the game, so I need to look into it more)

Elder Scrolls VI (didn't even know about this until this topic, so I need to look into it but Skyrim was cool)

Code Vein (my initial hype has died down, so I will wait and see how the game turns out)

Edited by Affinity

4 hours ago, Affinity said:

VC4 (don't know much about the game, so I need to look into it more)

Assuming you mean "Valkyria Chronicles" and not some other term with that acronym (like Virtual Console; I've gotten that confused before), I'd recommend looking into our thread here:

I don't know what your experience with the series is, but if you have any questions you need answered, you could ask them there; I will at least try to answer them to the best of my abilities, and I'm sure the other VC fans on the site would help you as well, especially @kaidoi.  If you haven't delved into the series, I highly recommend it.  I will say that no prior experience is required if you want to play VC4, but I'd still recommend VC1 as it's a very solid game.

Same goes for anyone else in the thread that is interested in the game.