How much did you use dark magic users?

From my experience, I already had most of my units defined, so leveling up Raigh wasn't a thing, same with Sophia, so I ended up using it almost at the end with Niime.

Just now, Slumber said:

Raigh's real good. Niime's a very good staffbot. Sophia can eat rocks.

Is Raigh worth the training time?

Just now, This boi uses Nino said:

Poor sophia

Hard mode really messed up her training :c

3 minutes ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

Is Raigh worth the training time?

IIRC, he actually doesn't need much to get going. You can even insta-promote him and he'll turn out fine, since he starts out at level 12 and has pretty solid bases. He'll have slight speed problems if you do this, but he's got a decent speed growth as-is.

28 minutes ago, Slumber said:

IIRC, he actually doesn't need much to get going. You can even insta-promote him and he'll turn out fine, since he starts out at level 12 and has pretty solid bases. He'll have slight speed problems if you do this, but he's got a decent speed growth as-is.

That means you have to make space for him, and I did space for Shanna who was somewhat worth using for hard mode

8 minutes ago, Mister Rogers said:

Raigh is ok, but his hitrates are kinda crappy. That's not something you want when nosferatanking in HM.

Yup, that hard mode is giving me some headaches

1 minute ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

That means you have to make space for him, and I did space for Shanna who was somewhat worth using for hard mode

Hard mode is trickier. If you don't need him, he's passable.

Niime still has use.

Used all three, and I can safely say Niime's the best just for having the bonus of working as a staffbot. Raigh has okay stats, nothing impressive. 

And Sophia turns out medicore at best, even with training.

Yeah, Raigh is OK-ish. Definitely usable, but on HM he really wants a Speedwing. After that, he's one of those units that need some investment with not that much return. Nos-tanking might be a thing in some situations, but the tome's base accuracy is pretty low, so it'll always be unreliable. And otherwise, he's basically just a slow power mage similar to Lilina, but without Bolting.

Personally, I always use Niime (why wouldn't you?), rarely use Raigh and only used Sophia once on vanilla NM and once in a Reversed Recruitment run (where she joins in chapter 2 and still sucks).

I rarely use raigh and I grind  Sophia beacuse bias, well that and I ship her and Roy, Niime is a great staffbot but I dont have a whole lot to say about her otherwise.