Dataminer confirms that Bayonetta had placeholder data as early as patch 1.0.6

The DanMan

4 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Did they ever said that Bayonetta was the winner? If I’m not mistaken all they ever said is that she did very well on the ballot.

"top 5 in Europe", "most realizable character worldwide"...

Just now, The DanMan said:

Yes, but they never said she was the “winner”. Only that she did well and was a realizable character.

This kind of looks like more whining about Bayonetta and the ballot...

Like...let it go, yeah. It has been three years: enough is enough. Nintendo's not infallible, and they certainly do make some questionable decisions, but this just seems to be picking on them for the sake of doing so by this point.

Edited by Dai

4 minutes ago, Dai said:

This kind of looks like more whining about Bayonetta and the ballot...

Like...let it go, yeah. It has been three years: enough is enough. Nintendo's not infallible, and they certainly do make some questionable decisions, but this just seems to be picking on them for the sake of doing so by this point.

not really, this thread is more about how Bayonetta was in development pretty much right after the ballot went live

6 hours ago, The DanMan said:

We had two hackers, one of whom was involved in the community, claim the same thing based on internal info. I don't see why they would try to deceive people, because others could easily catch them for it.

For templates, characters have to have roughly similar builds and abilities (since to make a new character they really just start with another character as a base and build/alter them from there). Google is failing me, but I've seen it claimed that Snake was built off of Gannondorf (which would explain him being a heavyweight despite having a slimmer model-- and they both have a CQC emphasis, though Snake has plenty of explosives while 'dorf has more enchanted attacks). Though I'll fully admit to not having a full undestanding of this, but have seen it talked about and treated as real enough that I have little reason to doubt it (much the same way I doubt a couple specific dataminers would try to decieve people over this).

As the first (or really, second) dataminer showed in their tweets data for Giga Bowser (due to the numbers I'd say it could be damage info for attacks), who was the last character in the list and got moved down as the DLC character's early info was added.

Though if you don't care, then why are you sticking around to talk about this?

Because your lack of critical thinking is bad.  It's fine to have a bias, but blindly agreeing to things that confirm to said bias is not.  And that's the sense I'm getting from the dataminer's tweets - they already had a preconceived notion, and were looking for data to prove it.

I was able go glean some knowledge of Smash just by looking at the tables the second guy posted.  From what I can tell, there's a bunch of values for things like walking speed, falling speed, etc. (or at least that's what I'm assuming, given that Cloud/Corrin are supposedly modeled after Ike).  But just how much do those values encompass?  Is there any limits to how much a value can be changed?  What if data is entered, then altered beyond all recognition (for example, make Ike super-mobile and super-floaty)?

I'm not going to learn the insides and outs of how characters are modeled in Smash - that's what I mean by not caring.  And it's my hope that the Smash creators figure this out, and use Master Hand as the placeholder for all future DLC characters in the future.

8 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Did they ever said that Bayonetta was the winner? If I’m not mistaken all they ever said is that she did very well on the ballot.

They straight up said she was the winner. Watch the direct again.

8 hours ago, The DanMan said:

#1 in Europe, top 5 in US.