Favorite Fire Emblem Weapon

Dr. G

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well Fates gave us Ginnungagap, something I only know how to pronounce since it is the final dungeon of ToS: DotW. If they're willing to give us such a funky Norse name, and they had before with Fimbulvetr, and since with FEH, I'm certain Jormungandr will gets its full name in translation.

The chances any Lopto Mages get into FEH are slim to none. Salem, the one heroic Lotpo Mage, is a pretty obscure side character in the most obscure FE game, even if he is the first playable Dark Mage in the franchise.

Everyone else is a villain, and there are about a billion villains the game will have to add before it gets to Manfroy or Veld.

Until then, it'll always be Yotsmungand. To me, at least.

Edited by Slumber

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well Fates gave us Ginnungagap, something I only know how to pronounce since it is the final dungeon of ToS: DotW. If they're willing to give us such a funky Norse name, and they had before with Fimbulvetr, and since with FEH, I'm certain Jormungandr will gets its full name in translation.

My very first "Tales of" game.

16 minutes ago, Slumber said:

The chances any Lopto Mages get into FEH are slim to none. Salem, the one heroic Lotpo Mage, is a pretty obscure side character in the most obscure FE game, even if he is the first playable Dark Mage in the franchise.

Everyone else is a villain, and there are about a billion villains the game will have to add before it gets to Manfroy or Veld.

Until then, it'll always be Yotsmungand. To me, at least.

By "since with FEH" I meant its own Norse additions, like Folkvangr, Geirskogul, Fensalir, Noatun, Elivagar, Valaskjalf. They also translated the Crusader who Arvis descends from as Fjalar, despite calling her Val or Fala would be more digestible.

I wasn't meaning FEH will add Yots/Jorg anytime soon, I'm fully aware Thracia at the current rate would be very very very lucky to at the end of FEH's lifespan to have one third of its roster included.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

By "since with FEH" I meant its own Norse additions, like Folkvangr, Geirskogul, Fensalir, Noatun, Elivagar, Valaskjalf. They also translated the Crusader who Arvis descends from as Fjalar, despite calling her Val or Fala would be more digestible.

I wasn't meaning FEH will add Yots/Jorg anytime soon, I'm fully aware Thracia at the current rate would be very very very lucky to at the end of FEH's lifespan to have one third of its roster included.

I'm still wondering if Heroes have actually named made the official name for Jugdral yet. I really wanna see if they can actually change it to Yggdral or something. Cause Jugdral was derived from Yggdrasil.

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

I'm still wondering if Heroes have actually named made the official name for Jugdral yet. I really wanna see if they can actually change it to Yggdral or something. Cause Jugdral was derived from Yggdrasil.

I'm thinking they'll stick with Jugdral, since phonetically it can be pronounced the same as Ygg-dra-sil. Changing things to Yggdral would be more accurate, but not all references are of the same level of distortion in FE.

Fates gave us Silesse, Agustria, Verdane, Leonster, Belhalla, and Thracia, despite IRL (and myth for Belhalla) these places being named Silesia, Austria, Verdun, Leinster, Valhalla, and Thrace. Macedon, or Medon as NoE calls it, as supposed to be Macedonia. And Elibe is supposed to be Elbe- despite FE7 getting Ostia, Etruria, and Bern all spelled correctly.

I have loved wind edges ever since radiant dawn, I really would like to see them return, throwing a sword just looks stupid and feels ridiculous.

this also extends into ragnell and alondite.

23 hours ago, Thane said:

I've got a soft spot for Wolf Berg.

It's just a gigantic axe. There's no gods or dragon nonsense involved in it. The description just says "The Conqueror's Greataxe". Walhart is effectively a Fire Emblem protagonist gone bad, but without all the divine help they tend to get along the way, so something so simple yet effective is very fitting. 

I forgot about that axe, definately a great axe. There's also Ganon's Bolverk axe with 1-3 range and I thought Helswath was awesome although it still is in my opinion. There are times where I wonder "why is Walhart the bad guy and why are we fighting him again?".

MOD MERGE: The wind edges in Radiant Dawn are by far my favorite type of ranged swords, I like how they took the Wind Sword concept from FE4 but gave it tiers with Tempest Blade being the strongest barring Ragnell and Alondite of course. I would love to see them return to this concept but extend it to the other magic types, Fire, Light, Lightning, Dark, etc.

Edited by Specta