Do you have a preference in the type of pokemon you choose

Sage of the Mist

1 hour ago, Sage of the Mist said:

Oh I love spinda, it's so cute! A shame I just can't find a niche for it in my team, maybe I could use it for contests....

Ghost-killer.  IIRC it can learn Shadow Ball.  Or you can be silly with Teeter Dance.

BTW, use that little plus sign next to Quote for Multiquote.  Mostly so I don't have to get off of my rear and actually do my mod duties.

I don't choose dragon type pokemon or even dragon move at all. Even since I stepped in to gaming and literature as a little kid, I grew more and more tired about how overpower dragon is in almost every game/book. It used to be bug type because I am terrified of bug in real life but Gen V changed my view (volcarona, scolipede and leavanny, but then again there is lurantis who scared the shit out of me in US/UM)

I always ended up with flying, normal and dark because these three are my favorite typing. I also prefer bulky pokemon usually.

On 7/6/2018 at 1:05 AM, Sage of the Mist said:

I'm not sure how I exactly feel about Pokemon Let's go, was kinda hoping for a "new" gen you know? Regardless i'll still buy it, from what i've seen it looks like its in kanto and i'd take a stroll down nostalgia lane there anytime.

tbh I was originally extremely unimpressed but the fact that it's looking more like Go than anything (which I still play) has me way more excited. We're getting a new gen... next year I think? The only thing I'm curious about at the moment is trade evolutions. I'm going to use Machamp given the opportunity because it's one of my favorites. At least with SF networking and irl friends on switch it should be easy to trade evo, but if I can just do it myself all the better.

In the main story I typically just end up using favorites or some pre-planned team with type balance. Typing itself doesn't really draw me to a Pokemon in most cases, although I do have a preference for Dark, Ice and Poison types overall.

Outside of that... same, really. Just building a team around favorites or something like that.

I think one thing that really draws me to a Pokemon is personality. Like Weavile, or Incineroar. They have a certain personality, a way their sprites and models are that just has a certain charm to it. I suppose mischievous sort of Pokemon do draw me in more, huh? Murkrow, Zorua, Weavile, Incineroar, Mawile...

Another thing I do like is, uh, how much I enjoy drawing the Pokemon. Really, it's the entire reason I like Gardevoir. It's just fun to draw.

• 5 weeks later...

When I pick starters I always optimize their stats so I'll definitely reset until I get the perfect nature (this bit me in the ass when I was started playing Sun a couple days ago holy cow). Throughout the years, I've pretty much picked the grass type for a lot of the games. I usually forget about the fire type starters though I use them whenever replaying old games on like an emulator or something.

When it comes to picking pokemon for my teams I choose them based on their designs, what types they cover, and whether or not I've used certain pokemon on a team in the past. I love Skarmory and Heracross but sometimes I'll drop them for Xatu and Pinsir because I want to try something fresh. I will rarely use the super popular pokemon like Lucario and Charizard and the eeveelutions too. And I always keep my starters on my team because they are very unique pokemon.

Also, I don't like having more than 3-4 new pokemon on my team: I want oldies to get the spotlight as well. For example, in my Sun playthrough, the Alolan pokemon I will absolutely have on my team are Decidueye (because starter), Golisopod (amazing design), and Salazzle (typing is cool also design), but I will not go over that in terms of Alolan pokemon (I'll just fill in the other spots). I don't know why, it just makes me nervous whenever there are more than 3 of one gen's pokemon on my team. I like diversity, y'know?

Edited by Pixelman

• 2 weeks later...

The ones I like the most and best suit the team. I don't like repeat types so I have to REALLY like the design of something if I'll use it alongside another mon of the same type~ But stats and the like don't matter for the Story mode to me, I've played with an Emolga in White, as long as I like the design, I'll go with it~ Only thing I won't use are Legendaries unless it's for a Major Plot related battle, but I prefer not to make the game a cakewalk~