least favorite character in the series personality wise

You could call these three my trinity of least favorites:

Peri: She murders people for fun and almost no one in the Fates cast ever calls her out for it. She also makes almost every character she interacts with a worser character by the end of their supports with her (Keaton and Leo being infamous examples). Her support with Laslow is the only thing I really like about her.

Camilla: You might as well just call her "Miss Fanservice," because that's how Fates treats her. Her tragic past is never really brought up except for one support, and most of the time, she just obsesses over Corrin to the point of being a very creepy and disturbing yandere. I also didn't like most of her supports and dialogue, as I found her to be quite disturbing in most of them. There's her B-support with Takumi where she infantilizes him to the point he feels very uncomfortable, her A-support with Selena where she threatens to cut her legs off, and when she hits on Hinoka right after the Nohrian army massacres the Hoshidan capital. I definitely would not want her to be my sister, that's for sure. 

Faye: The worst example of a love-driven character I've ever seen in fiction. There is already the obvious issue that she is a one-note with her feelings for Alm, but what really grinds my gears about is how much of a bitch she is to others because of her obsession with Alm. She tells Alm, "Forget about Celica and fall in love with me instead," immediately following his argument with Celica (a moment where Alm was likely feeling shocked and upset), and that makes her come across as a very unpleasant. She also only cares about Alm, evident by how most of her supports with Silque are just her telling Silque to bug off because she isn't Alm, followed by her third base conversation where she disregards her parents' plea to write more about herself as she joyfully says, "I just can't stop writing about Alm." Moreover, she ultimately never changes as a character as her character ending suggests, and we never learn why she's so attached to Alm. If you're going to make her romance such a defining part of her character, at least give us a backstory where it originated from, IS.

I might add more characters I really dislike later, but those three definitely take the cake for my least favorites.

Edited by Erureido

I don't really have anyone in particular that I despise, however there is a character type that I can never accept, and that's anything along the line of Ricken and Hayato. They're just plain annoying

Another that strikes me are both of the Feroxi Khans for being walking black stereotypes that JP media seems to often do. Its a shame cause the characters themselves are fine, but still, not cool. Granted, Rinkah kinda is too to a degree, but she also happens to be on of my fav Fates characters that I can hand wave it.

3 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Another that strikes me are both of the Feroxi Khans for being walking black stereotypes that JP media seems to often do. Its a shame cause the characters themselves are fine, but still, not cool. Granted, Rinkah kinda is too to a degree, but she also happens to be on of my fav Fates characters that I can hand wave it.

I don't get it.  Is the stereotype that they're from relatively savage nations?

@Levant Mir Celestia I'm guessing you didn't unlock Soren's story arcs in PoR & RD. It explains a lot of why he is the way he is in the series.

It is pretty difficult to isolate just one character because there are so many.

PoR: Makalov - His character design bothers me the most but his personality doesn't help matters much. I have yet to level him in the game and I'm on my 12th playthrough. RD: Unfortunately, pretty much everyone on the Dawn Brigade is hard to like. The only exception is Laura. Fates: Pretty much everyone in that is hard to emphasize with but Corrin wins overall. Awakening: Nowi She comes off as a fanservice character and the relationship you can form with Gregor gets pretty awkward. 

this isn't what the debates forum is for yeet

EDIT: it may be that i am behind the times whoops

Edited by Integrity

4 minutes ago, grinus said:

@Levant Mir Celestia I'm guessing you didn't unlock Soren's story arcs in PoR & RD. It explains a lot of why he is the way he is in the series.

If I were you I'd be careful what kind of assumptions you make.

At any rate, it's perfectly possible to know why someone acts the way they do and still not like them for it.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

I could be a prick and say that I don't like all of the Nohr characters... But Camilla is like the character that I don't like the most, with Peri being the second.

Oh, and there's Tharja and her copy-paste version in Fates too!

In a minor scale, Soren in PoR made me want to punch him, but he has character development, at least.

36 minutes ago, Motendra said:

I don't really have anyone in particular that I despise, however there is a character type that I can never accept, and that's anything along the line of Ricken and Hayato. They're just plain annoying

Basilio definitely is a bit of a stereotype, a jolly wacky black guy but isn't Flavia more or les normal?

Even though I've never played the Tellius games, I'm not a fan of Ike. Most of it comes down to me not understanding why people like him so much when he doesn't come across as an interesting character, at least to me. I'm watching a PoR playthrough right now and he hasn't done anything to renew my opinion of him. My dislike of him mostly stems from his outspoken fans that push him too much for my liking.    

Part of me is tempted to hand out warnings to people who respond to this topic without stating what about a character's personality you don't like.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Part of me is tempted to hand out warnings to people who respond to this topic without stating what about a character's personality you don't like.

@eclipse If you want to shut this down i'm fine with that, i'm honestly not paying much attention to it anyway.