How you deal with the stressing moments of studying?

Hecatia

Like for example, where you have to hand out a report that you don't have any idea how to write or the fear of failing a course (both if you really made an effort and when you realize you were lazy).

I honestly try to see things pretty chill, but not actually leaving them aside. If I'm getting bad results I do my best to do better. However, I tend to touch my hair and bite my nails when I feel nervous and last time I got really stressed, the doctor told me I got a gastritis because of it.

So, how and what do you do to get your stuff together?

Well I'm not sure were you're in school be it high school or elementary (the latter i doubt) but I've always been the best in school I play games and get bored in class yet I get 2nd or 3rd place while the 2st place girl always fights hard for the title, I'm just so good  that I even beat her sometimes despite me being probably one of the laziest people in school, last year I could have been 1st place had I done homeworks which I now never not do, but you asked for help sooooooooooooooo

These are the tips to be pro at school:

1.- Just fucking don't dread about the future. Many people worry about what if I get this wrong or such and while it's ok to think the consequences of failing sometimes people spend too much time daydreaming or daynightmareing.

2.- Study for what you need to know, you might feel like you have little time but usually HW is given out fair (it's just so many students do everything at 12 AM) so study about what youre writing or doing, it's like bases and growths of speed withong Dorcas and Bartre.
Dorcas went right ahead to do the essay with no knowledge about what to do so he has the essay completed more than Bartre but is stuck with what to do next
Bartre studied what the hell he was doing and knows how to do it now (Hence the bigger speed growth) eventually since bartre knows what to do he will surpas Dorcas in the completion of said essay (which in game would be surpassing Dorcas' speed). So study what you're going to talk about or write about before you do it.

3.- Just pay attention, I see the teacher usually explain what to do and many students loaf around, sometimes I veen called out someone in class to "look to the teacher and listen or else you'll fail" because it's ridiculous, I'm a student but I can say that probably the majority, the students that failed failed because they didn't pay attention. Many will say that no but everybody learns differently, which unless you have a mental disorder is false, they learn slower because they didn't pay attention before when they could have but a perfect world doesn't exist.

4.- Pray to RNGesus. Yeah this one's a joke.

I probably sounded like I was rambling but the truth is just study, pay attention and just "eat well, laugh well and sleep well" - Shanna. 

1. Try and not to think of studying/school/tests as something you need to get 100% right all the time without fail.

2. Be confident about studying, think that the subjects are not hard and you'll get it right in the end.

3. Think of whatever you like while studying, that will make you feel better and obviously you won't be as stressed out.

I do that all the time, I don't care about school that much, it's not that hard anyway. I barely study at all and get good marks, in my country there is a average made out of all the subjects at the end of the year from 1 (terrible) to 6 (genius). And I had 4,9 without giving a fuck, so don't worry about it too much, follow these steps and you'll (maybe idk) fine lol

After 4 years of college my best advice is to kick your self in the ass.

It took me many years to learn from being one of the worst procrastinators, if you want to avoid those kind of stressful moments you need to adopt a get it done and over mentality. Try to get it done ASAP, no exeptions, this is not high school 2 electric bugalo, you're expected to be an adult and treat it like a job. Make sure to communicate with your professors, most of the time their willing to help, while you meet some serious hardasses (which I'd advise you should drop if you have another option, don't fight it if you don't have to)

Try doing what I did, get your hard classes out of the way early so you'll be less stressed down the road as your life changes. I myself finished all of my core and major classes sophomore and junior year, now I'm taking classes such as honeybee keeping, online walking, scuba diving while I'm working almost full time at .y family's business. 

Both me and my girlfriend are in a university, and she's the one who struggles more because of things that happened in her life that make her being insecure. I am always there for her giving the support that she needs.
And the gastritis thingy happened the first year, so I don't have that problem anymore, all thanks to Shanna's saying: "eat well, laugh well and sleep well". Although the hair and nail thingy happens from time to time and I dunno why.

31 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Wrong subforum.

I dealt with it by keeping on top of things.  Confidence helps.

Oopsie, I'm sorry :P

But yeah, confidence helps a lot, actually!

26 minutes ago, Kubson said:

1. Try and not to think of studying/school/tests as something you need to get 100% right all the time without fail.

2. Be confident about studying, think that the subjects are not hard and you'll get it right in the end.

3. Think of whatever you like while studying, that will make you feel better and obviously you won't be as stressed out.

I do that all the time, I don't care about school that much, it's not that hard anyway. I barely study at all and get good marks, in my country there is a average made out of all the subjects at the end of the year from 1 (terrible) to 6 (genius). And I had 4,9 without giving a fuck, so don't worry about it too much, follow these steps and you'll (maybe idk) fine lol

I always tell this to my girlfriend, that just strive for the best but don't get discouraged if you don't get the perfect grade because you did your best.
What country is that? In Chile, we have from 1 to 7 :o

4 minutes ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

Both me and my girlfriend are in a university, and she's the one who struggles more because of things that happened in her life that make her being insecure. I am always there for her giving the support that she needs.
And the gastritis thingy happened the first year, so I don't have that problem anymore, all thanks to Shanna's saying: "eat well, laugh well and sleep well". Although the hair and nail thingy happens from time to time and I dunno why.

Oopsie, I'm sorry :P

But yeah, confidence helps a lot, actually!

I always tell this to my girlfriend, that just strive for the best but don't get discouraged if you don't get the perfect grade because you did your best.
What country is that? In Chile, we have from 1 to 7 :o

Poland mate

12 minutes ago, Kubson said:

Poland mate

Poland, huh?
I think I did a little research on their educational system, but I can't recall it right now :o

33 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Poorly. 

I always strive to do better but in the end I always end up waiting till the last moment and wing it. My grades never suffer because of it but its not really fun to do so much work in so little time. 

Try to take your time doing things, leaving them for the last moment is not healthy at all ;o

• 3 years later...

Of, for me the whole educational process is stress. Usually, I just try to all the tasks in advance, because when deadlines are coming closer and closer, it causes a lot of stress. But when I feel like I'm loosing it, I take some time to relax, and then start learning something

On 7/5/2018 at 2:03 AM, Kubson said:

Those tips are those I follow too! It's important to be confident, and not to think that you'll fail or something. What about me, first of all, I prioritize all the tasks I have. And first, I do the most complicated ones, to have more time for them. Secondly, I try not to delay doing homework and do something every day, so that I have free Saturday and Sunday. Having enough time to rest is great to prevent burnout. Also, I'm not afraid to get help, if I need it. And when I feel stressed or too tired, I take a rest. Even if I have some tasks, I prefer resting, because otherwise, you'll make your situation even worse. For me, writing tasks are the most stressful, so when I see that the task is too complicated, I go to their page where I can easily buy a college research paper and save some time and nerves. So, I can say that this is not how I deal with stress, but more how I prevent it. There were a few situations when I dedicated all my time to studying, and did everything without any help, and the consequences weren't good, so it was not worth it.

Edited by KaydenceWinston

• 4 months later...

Oh, there's actually a lot of stress in school, and I'm sometimes shocked at how many assignments a day can bring. It's really hard to cope with so much. And if you're working and studying, it's just unbearable. But I think it's really possible to do something about it. I think it's very important for students to maintain a work-life balance because their bodies are not adapted to heavy work. Stress has a very destructive effect on the body. It is also important to get enough sleep and to rest. Sometimes even students themselves find different ways to free up their time and find help with assignments. For example, you can easily find business law help here: https://ca.edubirdie.com/business-law-help and instead of spending 3-4 hours writing a paper you can work and earn some money or just plain sleep longer, which is clearly good for your health - both physical and mental.

Edited by Tony_Jarvis