Bound Hero Battle: Matthew and Hector

Rafiel's Aria

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mampfoid You made this one look easy! And I really don't know what IS was thinking giving Matthew Glimmer. Looks like they should have asked Zeo for help for making Matthew badass. Or just about anyone since I expect Glimmer wouldn't have been anyone's list of Matthew approved specials.

@Alexmender Man I so want a bunch of DC fodder so that my Eirika can work towards matching yours. She is so fun to use.

This was pretty easy for me, only took one try and Myrrh came darn close solo'ing the map. That said Ephraim killed the red mage. He has a bad habit of breaking her QR which puts her in a bad spot vs Hector. Great Flame blocking Bold Fighter is just so nice :D.

4 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Thank you so much for starting the thread! I was going to but being on mobile is a hassle. 

@mampfoid @Zeo @Rafiel's Aria @kirauza343 @SatsumaFSoysoy @DefyingFates

Well, without further ado I present the latest Eirika clear. This one took two tries to clear and also has a very nervewrecking moment at the end where I was almost sure Eirika would die but she survived with the power of bonds!

Incredible as ever!

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Hey thanks! If you like, I could tag you next time as well. 

No worries, I know where to find you. =)

@mampfoid I watched your video and that was an amazing one turn clear. I never thought about using wings of mercy to get units across the map and letting them move again with galeforce.

I also kind of forgot that the BHB started today so I will probably go do that sometime later.

@NSSKG151 Glad you liked it, good luck with your clear! If you want a tag for future clears, just tell me. 

Wings of Mercy is essential for many one turn clears, if you want to know more about useful one-turn-clear skills and units, just check out my post in the project topic (where you can find also a list of the older clears). 

I used my CC clearing team of Xander, Camus, Reinhardt and Priscilla to clear all these and it was really easy.  Horses really are salvation when it comes to clearing maps.

Was surprised my Bunmilla took zero damage from Matthew's special until I noticed he had Glimmer... Yeah that wasn't so great an idea. Anyway, flier clear took a bit of seal switching but otherwise went without a hitch.

@Alexmender Oh wow, that was so close at the end! The rest of the map seemed like no problem (that 3 damage glimmer from Matthew though xD), nice job!

@mampfoid It's so weird seeing Cherche actually double someone! Great job getting around that bonfire too. It was nice to see shove finally worked in here; are there any oddball skills you haven't found a use for yet (I mean, you've managed to use pass of all things)?

@Ginko Dang, you cut it real close with that beginning! I have to admit, I was hoping to see Shiro take a stab at Hector, but Siegbert handled him well. Poor Roy...great clear here!

@Some Jerk F!Grima is wonderful. I love how the red tome user and the lance flier just got stuck towards the end, nice job!

@Radiant Dragon Very nice use of Lyon wow! And with so few skills on Lyon and Morgan too...great clear!

@LoneStar Nice work with Julius and New Year Corrin! Great use of Guard and nice job getting the lance users and the red tome user temporarily stuck.

Took just a wee bit of skill and seal changing on Micaiah (had to swap Iceberg for Moonbow, the Atk +3 seal for Quick Riposte, and Draw Back for, funnily enough, Swap) but otherwise not too bad. I'm still trying to figure out why they gave Matthew Glimmer of all things.

Wow this BHB was terribly easy, it gave me no trouble. Classic team of Sigurd/Rein/Cecilia + dancer obliterated this.

Sig and Rein stay by each other out of enemy range. Cecilia breaks wall, Rein quads peg and Sig repositions. Enemies move. Sig one shots green cav, Rein deletes Matthew, gets danced and deletes red mage. Hone cecilia one rounds Hector thanks to Glimmer. The blue knight is quad'd by Rein.

@kirauza343 It would be a trouble to your Celica if that lame Glimmer was change to Bonfire/Ignis. It was nice to see different type of movement assist here. Reposition is not everything.   You may try Des+Brash set on Micaiah and she will have no problem to kill those high HP green armors. Sacrifice will synergize with your injured Celica to activate Ragnarok again and Micaiah will enter Armors rape mode.

Great job! The Ladies' victory once again.

1 hour ago, kirauza343 said:

I have to admit, I was hoping to see Shiro take a stab at Hector, but Siegbert handled him well. Poor Roy...great clear here!

Well then, thank you for giving Roy a purpose to fight. Here you go, the revised edition special just for you. 

With enough support Shiro can survive Bold Fighter without Guard. Actually, I will equip Guard on Arena.

@Ginko Niiiiiiiiiiiice. I'm happy with my current set for Micaiah (you don't need to double things if you can kill them in one hit, which is usually the case in the arena), and if my math is right Celica could've survived Bonfire but would've needed just like one or two hp to survive Ignis.

@mampfoid The first thing I thought when I saw the map this morning was how in the world is mampfoid going to clear this one?  The enemies are pretty far, and all these breakable blocks everywhere.  I assumed something like Armorslayer on Roy, but it looks like Brave Sword works too.  Nice work!

My usual strats of letting the enemy take the initiative weren't working, so I had to use my own Galeforce strats taking out Hector first.  Perhaps I'll record a video later.

Went at this with my recent TT team of Nino/PA!Shigure/Linde/Alm. After killing the Lance Flier, I squashed everyone over into the lower-left corner. The most amusing thing is that Hector and his Armour March buddy went off in separate directions, so ended up being complete non-threats. Hector ended up being weakened by Windsweep Alm and finished by Nino.

This BHB was rather easy. I finished it on my first try, though I do admit I forgot the exact way I finished it the first time. So it took me like two or three tries to replicate it, since I had to get the correct positioning for my units.

Sorry that there is no sound. The recording app I use doesn't allow internal sound recording. 

2 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

It's so weird seeing Cherche actually double someone! Great job getting around that bonfire too. It was nice to see shove finally worked in here; are there any oddball skills you haven't found a use for yet (I mean, you've managed to use pass of all things)?

Haha, yeah Cherche doubles rarely (like in Julia & Seliphs BHB). As a fellow Cherche player I can show you this version I met in Arena this week:

Spoiler

EzWIJY1.png

Quite speedy, eh?

I'm still missing a good occasion to use Obscure and Knock Back. Lunge, Drag Back and Smite became standard tools for my clears. 

2 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

Took just a wee bit of skill and seal changing on Micaiah (had to swap Iceberg for Moonbow, the Atk +3 seal for Quick Riposte, and Draw Back for, funnily enough, Swap) but otherwise not too bad. I'm still trying to figure out why they gave Matthew Glimmer of all things.

Yeah Glimmer on Matthew will remain a mystery. Perhaps the map designer try to use strange skill combinations as well? 

Your elegant ladies of doom took care of Hector and his gang without big trouble. They work great together and have good synergy here. I always like to see good use of Guidance. 

59 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

The first thing I thought when I saw the map this morning was how in the world is mampfoid going to clear this one?  The enemies are pretty far, and all these breakable blocks everywhere.  I assumed something like Armorslayer on Roy, but it looks like Brave Sword works too.  Nice work!

Thanks! Yeah, the first glance on this map gave me a wtf moment this morning, but in the end it was not too difficult. 

Armor Slayer would have killed Hector too, but I needed brave to proc Galeforce. 

Edited by mampfoid

@mampfoid Thanks! Actually that armor scared me a lot because I didn't calculate beforehand what would happen during that turn, I'm glad I gave PA!Olivia the Drive Def seal for the match, otherwise I'd have been a goner.

Your clear was pretty clever, I've only used Shove once during Lloyd's GHB to bait the horses but using it to enable the WoM chain is pretty cool. Also your Roy is a beast, needing only a vanilla Brave Sword to destroy Hector. Cool stuff!

@kirauza343 Very nice! Micaiah and Celica were the MVPs here, nuking everything into oblivion, also lol on Matthew trying to do damage with that Glimmer. Looking at your clear gives me some ideas to make an Eirikalter solo, but that's better saved for the day they re-run this BHB.

@Aera @Khid @Usana @Garlyle Thanks! If you like I could tag you for the next clear. 

Cleared using F!Robin, Lucina, Camilla and Clair. Infernal took a few tries to peg down, but my Tactics team cleared it. Note to self: see about pulling a spare L!Lyn to give Robin Spd Tactics...or just wait for the rest of the Tactics seals to roll out.