Bound Hero Battle: Matthew and Hector

Rafiel's Aria

@Vanil Your Corrin and Niles are a gorgeous couple, nice! 

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

Your clear was pretty clever, I've only used Shove once during Lloyd's GHB to bait the horses but using it to enable the WoM chain is pretty cool. Also your Roy is a beast, needing only a vanilla Brave Sword to destroy Hector. Cool stuff!

Ha, thanks! I think I could have used Smite as well, but Cordelia didn't have either, so I sacrificed a Marth. 

Yeah Roy is great (he'll probably need Brave+ for Hector #4 lol), I hope I'll get a chance for additional merges in the future (even if I can't manage to save orbs these days). Otherwise he'll get replaced by Caeda on my Arena team eventually. 

52 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

@mampfoid That Cherche is magnificient...70 attack and useable speed?! I'm working on 10+ing mine once I get enough Cherches to do it (so naturally I always wind up with Merrics and Sorens and Bartres when I pull green).

My Cherche (+ATK/-RES) is +8 currently, I'm hoping to +10 her as well. The Cherche from the screenshot is not even +SPD, I'm considering to give mine that skill set as well to have an alternative. 

Sad part is, I've had mine already to +10 ... but at 4*. Only then I recognized how great she is. 

Edited by mampfoid

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleared Hard with 4* Lloyd, Raven, Florina and Priscilla.

Cleared Lunatic with Canas, Ninian, Rebecca and Dorcas.

Cleared Infernal with L'Ephraim, MagEirika, Frederick and B!Lyn, with the strat of "Flier first, pull back, nuke the ranged units and because the armours were dumb and split up deal with them as they come. Easy!" Does not include the dozen attempts to figure out how to deal with all the ranged units in one turn.

Double Reinhardt and double dancer took care of this map without too much issue. Separating out the green cavalier and the red mage so that they weren't stacked up on top of each other made it easier to kill both of them (plus Matthew) while still being in range to get danced. Also ... I could've sworn in one of my failed runs that I managed to get Hector and the lance armor to separate, but I couldn't replicate it in the successful run. I wonder what I did to separate them, if that wasn't a fluke? Either way, sword!Reinhardt got the kill on Hector, and was very lucky that Ninian had chill attack so he didn't die after taking a hit.

@mampfoid Interesting...we used almost identical pathing there.

One-turn:

Those thresholds were not close at all, what are you talking about?

Caeda tells Hector what she thinks about his inflated stat line:

Spoiler

Edited by LordFrigid

ピエリのおもちゃなの!

This was easier than Legendary Hector's by a mile (which I never posted because I'm lazy and busy).

+10 Bride Ninian [+Spd, -Def] (Dance, Drive Spd 2)
+6 Performing Arts Azura [+Spd, -Def] (Sing)
+10 Peri [+Atk, -Res] (Firesweep Lance+, Reposition, Dragon Fang, Life and Death 3, Drag Back, Threaten Def 3, Heavy Blade 3)
+0 Olivia [+Spd, -Res] (Dance, Drive Atk 2)

This is the first run that I get to use Bride Ninian on, mostly because the pegasus knight has Dull Close, which forces me to use Drive Spd because Peri is 1 Spd short of being able to double. Also done with the minimum number of skills needed on my dancers (Reposition wasn't necessary on Peri).

Peri is an angel.

l50y6Kr.jpg

Leon, Spring Camilla, Flying Ninian, and Horse Chrom made short work of everything.  Iote's Shield on the flyer didn't mean much, because Leon ORKOs anyway.

9 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Sad part is, I've had mine already to +10 ... but at 4*.

4+10 is such a waste. Here’s to hoping that you get enough Cherches and feathers to +10 her all over again!

6 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Interesting...we used almost identical pathing there.

One-turn:

Those thresholds were not close at all, what are you talking about?

Forget about the start, cool combination of WoM and Smite in the end! I guess attacking the lance flier with a Cav (with lunge?) could be an alternative opening, but Dull Close makes it difficult. 

6 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Caeda tells Hector what she thinks about his inflated stat line:

Haha, one hit and he's done. Also the blue Knight didn't have much of a chance. While the map design doesn't leave to many alternatives for one turn clears, your Caeda should appreciate to have the opponents queued up in perfect order to get slaughtered

Congratulations on both clears! 

4 hours ago, Alkaid said:

@mampfoidThat was a very smooth run, nice job! I don't think I would have thought of trying Brave Sword on Roy, so smart play there.

Thanks! Blazing Durandal would have worked if Roy was +ATK (see @LordFrigids clear), if I could debuff/ploy Hector somehow or if I grinded Summoner S (again). 

Roy had to use Brave sword already before (i.e. in Xanders GHB), but he doesn't have the + variant inherited yet. Generally the damage is higher with a quad (if the opposing DEF is not too high), but meeting the requirements for a quad and to proc GF (aka four hits dealt, one taken) is more difficult than just using Blazing Durandal. 

54 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

4+10 is such a waste. Here’s to hoping that you get enough Cherches and feathers to +10 her all over again!

Thank you, I'm still positive about that! I hope you'll get your last Cecilia copy as well. 

I've changed my mind about 4* merges a little bit, because the Cherche story stings. Anyway it still works with units I don't plan to promote to 5* or at least where I don't see a chance I will ever merge them at 5*. Good examples: Seliph, Beruka, Gordin and Eliwood. 

@Alexmender It's always concerning watching Eirika take on the blue armors in these clears but I was not expecting that ending. My eyes legit bulged when I saw that flat drop to 1 HP. I knew the Luna proc was going to hurt but that threw me for a loop. Outside of that though, she killed it, like always.

@mampfoid I like how one little shove allowed for Roy to proceed to treck all the way to the other side of the map and attack Hector with absolutely no opposition whatsoever. It's funny how most BHBs and GHB's have the boss himself completely blocked off by generic troops but Hector just leaves himself wide open. Guess that's his style though, doesn't let anyone fight his battles for him. Your Cordelia chopped through 36 DEF and 68 HP to kill Matthew and did it without a special proc. That's pretty incredible I have to admit, even if I'm used to them sweeping, it's still pretty nuts.

Also, I really don't think IS is aware that CC is Matthew's best A option. It scares me to think of what they're eventually going to give him as a refine. Something like Death Blow or Darting Blow which is absolutely useless even with the Rogue Dagger+ effect? I shudder thinking about it. SPD Tactic was cool, doubt I'd ever put it on him though. That's probably my biggest issue with tactics skills in general: I rarely if ever run mixed teams. This M!Morgan team of mine is the weirdest thing ever and I'm still not entirely used to it. It's probably just the armor though.

@Ginko Shiro is a beast as always. Was a close call with that red mage at the beginning though. Roy was on vacation this time around. Points for the nostalgic Kingdom Hearts: RECom theme as well.

@kirauza343 Your team made quick work of this map. Micaiah killing that flier so easily surprised me a bit. Usually they sport very high RES so her cleaning up so effortlessly without WTA was quite something. Celica made quick work of Matthew and I chuckled a bit for some reason when Marisa told Hector he needed to get serious. I don't always watch your clears, but if this is anything to go by, they're pretty solid.

@mcsilas @eclipse @Ginko @Johann @Fei Mao @Glennstavos @NegativeExponents- @Rafiel's Aria @Quintessence @Rezzy @SatsumaFSoysoy @DarkLordIvy @Poimagic @SilvertheShadow @Usana @Cute Chao @Hilda

So yeah, hey it's Hector again, and he's brought Matthew along with him this time! I think this is the first time Matthew's ever been on a summoning focus which is hilarious considering I need two more of him, but alas I doubt I'll pull him  *5 or not on that banner, so moving on to the clears.

Whichever dev thought it was a good idea to give Matthew Glimmer should be slapped. He couldn't be any less threatening than he is in this map which... perhaps was intentional now that I think about it since he's a self proclaimed weakling when it comes to direct combat, still for the purpose of the map's challenge it was dumb. It's also funny how he was the only unit that had a refined weapon because IS knows they messed up with the daggers and it has to be refined to be threatening. It's even an ATK refine because lolmatthasnoATKstat. I was also disappointed to not see Close Counter, but I guess it proves it's a pretty niche thing and IS isn't aware of how good it is on him, but enough ranting.

We've got something a bit special today so stay with me if you have the time. First the standard clear though. Solid as always, the team dominated but it did take 2 or 3 tries. I ended up needing to give Ayra Spur Res 1 in her C slot. Without it the Green Cav had just enough ATK to kill Matt on a specific turn. That was a key component in clearing the map, but aside from that and using Drawback instead of Repo, it was pretty standard. Matthew didn't take on Hector alone this time, but it was necessary this time around. He's already proven his mettle to his liege.

Next up we've got a special clear. For this battle Matthew ditches his standard crew in favor of his old FE7 posse and most notably, his boss! Hector and Matthew decide to take on themselves and bring along Serra and Lyn for the ride.

This clear was actually interesting. If I used "optimal" seal and skill setups then the AI would outright kill Hector with the red mage somehow, but a little swapping turned the whole thing around. I beat it on my second try, but the AI was so strange against this team that it was hard to replicate it for the recording. Turns out it was entirely based upon Serra and Lyn's locations. Most prominently in order to determine where the WoM armor was going to move which ended up being pretty crucial.

All in all it was easy and it was clear proof of how powerful Hector is and how Matthew is indeed his Vassal alone. Whereas Matthew a bit of assistance in order to decimate his opponents, Hector is a dominant force no matter where he is or who he's with, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Felt cool using both of them in the same map. I should do it again sometime in the future. Whenever that chance comes I guess.

Last but not least we have the Morgan clear. Most clears with this team have been really tough but this is probably the easiest one to date. It took a few tries but after the simple swap from Seal RES and Dragon Fang to Glimmer and Desperation everything fell into place. Props to Priscilla though, she took a crucial hit that made the whole clear possible. If not for that I may have had to rework my strategy and that probably would have taken a lot longer. Everyone plays a part here, but for the most part it's a Morgan sweep. And with that we have a record 3 clears. The most I've ever done on a single map I'm pretty sure.

And with that, I'm done with this BHB. Now to go back and figure Lyon out before the darn GHB expires.

Cheers~

@Zeo NICE!  Too bad Lyn watched the show, though.

For Lyon, try indirect damage.  The enemies clump, so several well-placed Savage Blows should soften him up enough.

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I like how one little shove allowed for Roy to proceed to treck all the way to the other side of the map and attack Hector with absolutely no opposition whatsoever. It's funny how most BHBs and GHB's have the boss himself completely blocked off by generic troops but Hector just leaves himself wide open. Guess that's his style though, doesn't let anyone fight his battles for him. Your Cordelia chopped through 36 DEF and 68 HP to kill Matthew and did it without a special proc. That's pretty incredible I have to admit, even if I'm used to them sweeping, it's still pretty nuts.

Yeah, Hector is bold enough to not hide behind his allies, he didn't think of Roy though. Cordelia is a real treasure, I hope she'll get a prf or a dark flier alt (available at 4*) eventually.

6 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Also, I really don't think IS is aware that CC is Matthew's best A option. It scares me to think of what they're eventually going to give him as a refine. Something like Death Blow or Darting Blow which is absolutely useless even with the Rogue Dagger+ effect? I shudder thinking about it. SPD Tactic was cool, doubt I'd ever put it on him though. That's probably my biggest issue with tactics skills in general: I rarely if ever run mixed teams. This M!Morgan team of mine is the weirdest thing ever and I'm still not entirely used to it. It's probably just the armor though.

I wouldn't be too pessimistic about a possible Matthew refine. For example Felicias prf and refine took perfectly into account that she doesn't have much ATK to work with, while Lilina, a unit with high ATK, got the Death Blow refine. Perhaps the people who design the maps are not the same to design the units/skills. 

Mixed teams are nice, but you are used to the tanky playstyle and Fliers and Cavs are less tanky in general. 

11 minutes ago, Zeo said:

It's also funny how he was the only unit that had a refined weapon because IS knows they messed up with the daggers and it has to be refined to be threatening. It's even an ATK refine because lolmatthasnoATKstat. I was also disappointed to not see Close Counter, but I guess it proves it's a pretty niche thing and IS isn't aware of how good it is on him, but enough ranting.

I didn't even notice this, so far only LHB enemies had refined weapons?  

It's a pity that only the developer maps took into account the "meta" a little, it would be nice to see some creative builds also in BHB/GHB maps. Matthew with CC and Hector with either Vantage or Wary Fighter + double QR would have been funny. 

13 minutes ago, Zeo said:

We've got something a bit special today so stay with me if you have the time. First the standard clear though. Solid as always, the team dominated but it did take 2 or 3 tries. I ended up needing to give Ayra Spur Res 1 in her C slot. Without it the Green Cav had just enough ATK to kill Matt on a specific turn. That was a key component in clearing the map, but aside from that and using Drawback instead of Repo, it was pretty standard. Matthew didn't take on Hector alone this time, but it was necessary this time around. He's already proven his mettle to his liege.

Woa, three clears? Is this the new standard? I'll have to buy a yt premium account. ^^ 

Poor enemy Matthew, he had to realize how a real skillset looks (and feels) like.

22 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Next up we've got a special clear. For this battle Matthew ditches his standard crew in favor of his old FE7 posse and most notably, his boss! Hector and Matthew decide to take on themselves and bring along Serra and Lyn for the ride.

This clear was actually interesting. If I used "optimal" seal and skill setups then the AI would outright kill Hector with the red mage somehow, but a little swapping turned the whole thing around. I beat it on my second try, but the AI was so strange against this team that it was hard to replicate it for the recording. Turns out it was entirely based upon Serra and Lyn's locations. Most prominently in order to determine where the WoM armor was going to move which ended up being pretty crucial.

All in all it was easy and it was clear proof of how powerful Hector is and how Matthew is indeed his Vassal alone. Whereas Matthew a bit of assistance in order to decimate his opponents, Hector is a dominant force no matter where he is or who he's with, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Felt cool using both of them in the same map. I should do it again sometime in the future. Whenever that chance comes I guess.

Nice themed clear, every future repeat would be welcome. 

First I was surprised you'd bring the newest Hector to the party, but I don't know if you ever got one of the other two. He certainly looks cool and is a titan of an unit, proven here with the duel Hector #3 vs. Hector #1. Poor enemy Matthew again, he nearly died immediately on his first action. Your Matthew is certainly a much better support to his boss. 

33 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Last but not least we have the Morgan clear. Most clears with this team have been really tough but this is probably the easiest one to date. It took a few tries but after the simple swap from Seal RES and Dragon Fang to Glimmer and Desperation everything fell into place. Props to Priscilla though, she took a crucial hit that made the whole clear possible. If not for that I may have had to rework my strategy and that probably would have taken a lot longer. Everyone plays a part here, but for the most part it's a Morgan sweep. And with that we have a record 3 clears. The most I've ever done on a single map I'm pretty sure.

It's really cool to see how you make Morgan work, he would have one-rounded Hector even with 125HP. He didn't seem a candidate for Desperation to me until now, but it worked very well here. 

Poor Matthew for the third time: His Glimmer against Priscilla was not too bad (for the first time), but panic against Rogue dagger is evil.

34 minutes ago, Zeo said:

And with that, I'm done with this BHB. Now to go back and figure Lyon out before the darn GHB expires.

Good luck and congrats on all three clears! 

Sorry for the long the answer, only recognized this in the end. 

@Zeo Thank you for dragging me out from VG topic by mentioned me today. The salt is real...

From 3 clears, rank from most favourite to least favourite by me. I like Hector team the most. Original team got 2nd. Morgan got last.

Serra got my attention the most with Wrathful Absorb. If you give her Close Counter, QR and more merges, she will be a beast. I'm certain of it.

Seeing your Hector crush everything really temp me to pulling for him. But not anytime soon until I finish my Shiro first.

Morgan mimic Matthew in a similar way. He work well together with Amelia. Good teamwork here.

P4 song...It's Margaret optimal boss battle.

Edited by Ginko

@Zeo Wow! 3 clears on one day is really something else. The second one surprised me the most, dang is L!Hector broken with those Ignis bombs. They dealt like 30+ dmg, damn!

Matthew was the star of the first clear as always, it made me kinda envious to see him take so little damage from the armor but then again that's a perk of not having to deal with the WT.

Morgan's clear was pretty cool too, although for some reason my attention always tends to focus on your Priscilla's empty skill slots, must be some OCD. But that matters not, it was very cool to see Morgan tank a lot of stuff and Amelia take 0 dmg from that armor, it makes her perfect for those Armored Boots.

On 7/5/2018 at 5:52 AM, mampfoid said:

@Radiant Dragon Nice bunch of mages you have there, no chance for Hector & co.

Thanks! I've really been enjoying Julia and Morgan. I think I'm going to get them a support before the next battle.

On 7/5/2018 at 9:26 AM, kirauza343 said:

@Radiant Dragon Very nice use of Lyon wow! And with so few skills on Lyon and Morgan too...great clear!

Thank you! Lyon has been incredibly useful, both in the Arena (he eats Brave Lyn for breakfast) and in Hero Battles. He made Ryoma's Legendary Hero Battle a cinch, for example.

Video of my own clear, involving the usual squad:

We make liberal use of Galeforce and movement skills here.  I think my initial clear was more efficient at taking out the blue armor, but oh well.  The recordings never seem to replicate my initial clears quite right.

Wow, for once, I have to agree with others in here and say this WAS an easy BHB, even on infernal. I did it in one try! Used RD Ike, Reinhardt, Azura, and Nino. Though Nino actually didn't do anything. lol Rein and RD Ike + Azura's dancing was enough. :P

@Zeo HAHAAHHA at the 'I'll Face Myself" persona music! Nice touch for both Matthew and Hector's 'shadow' fights. Morgan also had no problem with his magical 'dagger' capabilities

@mampfoid Nice! Quad Cherche is so satisfying to see, and I'm really impressed at Guard Roy ORKOing Hector!

@Ginko Nice clear again, Siegbert made short work of Hector. Satisfying to see all the walls broken haha. Music sounds familiar, where is it from?

but yeah echoing everyone as to why they would ever give Matthew Glimmer (at least give him Moonbow if not Bonfire/Ignis). They seem to like giving dagger units Glimmer, from looking at the base kits of Sothe and Legault.

I did a clear with L!Hector and the other FE7 Lord alts, and Hector just shrugs everything with his omni-breaking brokenness. Might do a video later.