Bound Hero Battle: Matthew and Hector

Rafiel's Aria

@eclipse It's sad, but I knew going in that she was going to be little more than window dressing. It's sad, I've been trying to incorporate Lyn into one of my clears for months and when she finally makes her way into one she's idle.

@mampfoid Meta versions of the characters would have been hilarious and crazy fun, but sadly a lot of the playerbase doesn't deal with that sort of thing quite so well so I understand them not going that route. Still, Glimmer on Matt though? That was a little too much babying for the masses.

I actually have 3 Hector #1's, I just wanted to show off my shiny new Legendary Hector for this clear, since I was using a superior Matthew a superior Hector seemed par for the course. Serra was just along for the ride but she'll probably show up in more clears when I build her up as she's certainly going to be +10'ed and if I wanted to, I could do that literally right now.

Yeah, only LHB's have enemy units with weapon refines. The fact that Matthew has one here is just clear proof of how bad daggers are without them. I'll try to keep an open mind about a Matthew refine though, assuming he gets one any time soon. 

Thanks for your response as always! Don't worry about the length, I can make some pretty long posts of my own.

@Alexmender Hector is a beast already but when you incorporate my Matthew into the picture it's just unfair. He really is the perfect bodyguard for Hector if he's not putting in the work himself. If Matthew and Inigo weren't the best of buds I'd probably support Matt with this new Hector.

As for the Morgan clear? It's one of those times where Earth Boost isn't totally worthless. Not to mention my Amelia is +DEF so it's a little easier to take 0 damage than normal.

@Ginko Serra was actually in the running to get the CC I gave to Morgan. A CC Absorb build is really appealing. Though It's just as appealing to give her Gravity+ and make her the spiritual successor to my Genny with an identical kit but better stats as a +SPD/-HP at +10.

@mcsilas I've literally been waiting for a map with Matthew in it just so I could use that theme. I couldn't have possibly used anything else. Being able to do it with Hector too was just icing on the cake. :P

Edited by Zeo

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so behind on replying to my tags. I even forgot to post my hero clear here. lol ...even though I did it on the first day this map was open. And then I realized this map was going away, so it'd probably be smart to post up a video before I get even MORE behind. Not much to say on this one actually. I almost beat it on the first try. It actually took me more times to try and beat Lunatic over Infernal because the same strategy wouldn't work. XD For my next video, Mia's going to be sporting a shiny new merge. :3

@Alexmender - Oh man...1 HP. Talk about drama. I love it when things fall into place like that. Makes me even more excited to build up my own Eirika. But that will be a while now. It's also really satisfying watching her take close to no damage from the big baddies of the BHB. Great clear!

@mampfoid - I was wondering what you were going to do about all of those walls, but there was no need. Nice to see Shove put to good use as well as an interesting kit on Roy. But it worked for him! Kinda looked like he was getting some revenge for the love festival stuff when Hector was trying to keep him away from Lilina. XD It was smooth sailing after that! 

@Zeo - Wonderful clears as always! I admire the creativity! The first one was almost a Matthew solo! I bet he's looking forward to that Flashing Blade seal. He got all the important kills, and the only thing that looked a little scary was that Luna. Nothing else bothered him. I was also bothered by how...pathetic the BHB Matthew was. They could have at least been a little creative with him... 

For your theme clear, poor Lyn just got to sit there. XD Even Serra put in some good work! She's starting to grow on me as a healer. I appreciate her lines the more I hear them. That new Hector in action is pretty sweet... It'd be nice to have him with that sweet axe animation. 

And for your final clear, I'm really glad to see Morgan putting in some work. He's amazing. Though Raven's probably not happy to see his sister getting beat up. XD I'm really excited to see where you take this team. They're still in the works, but they have great synergy. I feel like they'll really be a force to be reckoned with once you complete them. 

@Rafiel's Aria No need for revenge, I think Roy and Hector get along fine. Just some sparring for sport here. 

Also your team didn't have much problems here. I think Mia was dreaming already of her merge (congratulations btw!), she didn't have much to do, she was more or less unemployed. In contrast to Mia, Raven got some nice action, perhaps he could solo the whole map (with some healing though). 

@Rafiel's Aria Wow! Raven, Lucius and Micaiah really put a lot of work here. Poor Mia was probably ready to smack some faces but ended up just watching the others destroy the map while she stretched her arms. Nice clear!

I also noticed the Swift Sparrow on your Micaiah, that's a very interesting choice and it really compliments her +Spd nature.

This is my take on it

I have two versions, but I figured this one looks better. The other one I have Henry literally oneshotting Hector and the Peggie, but this one is faster and I really like Bonfire's consistency as well as him taking no damage at all.

@Zeo @mampfoid @Rafiel's Aria @Ginko @NegativeExponents- @Usana @Vaximillian @Cute Chao

So I like this map since I could do multiple clears. Just posting two for now since it's getting late.

First is a Fates assassin-themed video. After seeing Matthew, I just HAD to combat him dagger to dagger, and Saizo had some help with his brother Kaze.

Team is +Spd/-Res Saizo, neutral Kaze, +Def/-Res Beruka and +Spd/-HP PA!Azura

Music is Survivors Under The Sky (Ikari Warriors theme) from the King of Fighters XIV.

Again, I'm pretending masked dancer is an assassin. Also daggers REALLY love dancer support. Also Beruka makes the best tank.

-------

Second is a themed team of the Love Abounds Elibe units, bringing some love into the BHB

Team is +Def/-Spd LA!Roy, +Spd/-Res LA!Lilina +1, +Def/-HP LA!Hector and +Atk/-Spd LA!Lyn

Music is Magical Sky from the King of Fighters XIV soundtrack

AKA Lilina has the perfect present for her father.

Since I recently completed the set with my recent LA!Lyn, I managed to do this themed clear. Also being newly trained means she mostly has her base set, which turned out fine because I didn't realise there was a red blade mage (this was my first clear) and her Blue Gift just shrugged off those Spd buffs!

Also LA!Roy has a peculiar weapon. I actually gave him Guard Bow recently as an alternate to the Brave Bow in PvE where I need someone to bait. His HP/speed was still a bit too low for the enemy onslaught, so it turns out Assassin's Bow was the perfect answer- and I always wanted to incorporate that bow somehow in my clears. 

@Rafiel's Aria Galeforce is such a good skill on Raven. Kind wish he landed the final blow to Hector haha so he can get revenge to Ostia. Mia was sitting pretty waiting for that shiny new merge lol. I wish I can get Micaiah, Thani is such a handy weapon!

@mcsilas Nice assassins. I think Azura is more like a secret agent, that's why she doesn't attack herself. 

Lovely LA team and good idea to use Assassins bow. I always forget it has an in-built breaker. 

The music has an high pace, fitting for the clears. 

@mcsilas I laugh so much when Kaze said "Time to move" with his remaining 2 HP lol. But Saizo is the MVP here, spreading Savage Blow and tank hit. Beruka looks so expensive with that Sturdy Stance. Nice teamwork!

LA banner is the only seasonal banner that I completed collecting too. A little bit disappoint that Lyn cannot double and one round that red mage knowing how speedy she is. How coincidence, your Hector and Lilina have same IV with mine. Lilina's Blade is too powerful, especially in horse emblem. Nice clear!

I record this before it's gone too. I never feature my Armors team in any map so I think this map is good chance to let them shine.

Edited by Ginko

@mampfoid Yeah I wish more weapons had in-built breakers that don't need HP thresholds. I get why they don't since it might be a bit OP but it's still nice to use a niche weapon. Roy's 30 Def and 30 Res is so satisfying to my eyes that I haven't even decided which refine to give his Guard Bow yet lol. (maybe leaning towards Def since B!Lyn can deal with mages with her Res)

@Ginko Yeah -Spd Lyn is a shame, but if I get a Fighter skill (hopefully Bold) then that shouldn't matter.  Your doubling Lyn makes me jealous though haha, but I need to give her Blarowl (or if I'm ever lucky to get two Summer Camillas, the Summer Desperation drink weapon). Lyn defying WTD and tanking that green mage was satisfying, as well as finishing Hector. Armour March is so great for armour teams.

Yeah I had a spare -Atk L'Ephraim, and best assassin girl deserves the best A skill (also I don't have Close Def fodder, and would rather not fodder Shiro for Steady Stance). She can't learn Breaths anyway and this gives her more Attack.

So here are the rest of the videos.

@NegativeExponents- @Usana @Zeo @Rafiel's Aria

Speaking of armours..here is a fun little clear.

Best way to beat Armads is Armads. Since I hadn't fodder off my first -Atk Hector (the Vantage one), I figured he could join in with the other Hectors for this clear.

@mampfoid Armour and Swap OP :P

----

Also here is my final one- the alts of the main FE7 lords. The same team who defeated Lector's LHB.

Team is +Def/-Spd Legendary Hector, neutral LA!Eliwood, +Atk/-Def Bridal Lyn, +Res/-Def Bridal Ninian)

Music is Esaka Continues from the King of Fighters XIII soundtrack.

I did have one clear where Hector moved up more on the left side, forcing only Hector to attack him in the choke point and the Wings of Mercy lance armour couldn't fly in front of Eliwood. Then proceeded to finish everyone else with 1 HP. But this video is more satisfying since everyone had a part.

3 hours ago, Junkhead said:

I must either be invisible or make a fundamental mistake at marketing.

Lol, I feel you. This is how it works for me: If someone shows interest in one of my clears, I ask if I may tag him next time to sate my hunger for attention

Usually I respond to everyone who tags/quotes me (tags and quotes will give me a notification) and when the map is new I check also some other clears that caught my eye. If I already watched dozens of clears of the same map, then it's certainly harder to catch my attention. If it's nothing crazy like "I cleared this map with only 3* Azama doing the kills" (slight exaggeration), then I'll probably skip it if the map already ran for a week. 

On 12.7.2018 at 7:24 AM, Junkhead said:

This is my take on it

Nice team, you have two units I always wanted (Charlotte & Robin) even with merges and one unit I always wanted to promote & build. 

While Henrys first attack was more of a poke, his Bonfire is nothing to joke about. I was waiting for the other units to attack, but you really managed to give Henry all the kills while not taking any damage! Congratulations! 

1 hour ago, Junkhead said:

I want Zeo to see it

Better tag someone you want to address, it works by writing the username with a leading @. 

/edit: Here am I telling you stuff, and yet you are already a SF member 10 times longer than me ... 

Edited by mampfoid

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Would having 1 seal missing be enough for him to take damage again?

In that particular instance of positioning, yeah. I think he still would've only taken like 2 Dmg with it, though. Hector and the Knight are two of the strongest ones, so it was pretty cool he took 0 Dmg from both of them. He pretty much needs 2-3 partners to take 0 Dmg from Hector's Bonfire. It must be really strong.

• 2 weeks later...

@Zeo @mcsilas @Rafiel's Aria @mampfoid

Ok, I’ll admit I had a way tougher time on this than I thought I would have. I initially wanted to do an all red clear with Karla, Lyn, Fir, and Lilina. Yeah.... that didn’t go as planned because spd tactics Matthew plus the annoying spd ploy cav exist.

So instead I had to bring out some big players for this.

IIRC it was important that I spd stacked Fir as much as possible to keep the red mage from making the first move as that would end up with her eventual demise at the hands of Matthew.

It was also vital for Serra to be the one to finish off Matthew, not just for asserting her dominance, but to apply the gravity effect as well because of the armor march that was going on.

Not really something I was in control of but I was so glad that Ninian could survive that green cav. My whole strategy would’ve have had to be scrapped if he even had one more atk point. Everything afterwards proceeds in orderly fashion.

@NegativeExponents- Too bad red only didn't work for you, but also this was nice.

I remember the first time I pulled a Fir, I saw her nice art, serious but kind expression and her description and thought "finally a sword unit that will kick a**". Of course I got a -ATK copy (didn't know about natures then) and it was a pain only to bring her up to level 40. To see your Fir kill infernal stuff is always pretty satisfying, Serra delaying the Hordes with Gravity and Hector being the invincible monster he is. 

To be honest that 1 HP survival of Ninian looked like well planned, it was not necessary to destroy the illusion of your skillfull tactical art. ;-D

@NegativeExponents- Even though I'm starting to get used to seeing units survive with 1 HP, they're still a treat to see. Ninian surviving the initial attack was awesome, after that you just mopped up the rest of them. Hector vs Hector is always a treat to see and Serra getting the kill on Matt made me chuckle a bit even if Matt was sandbagging in this BHB. (I mean, Glimmer?  really?)

As always though your clear is a treat and Fir's a sight to behold. I really want a personalized red sword of my own but Chrom just won't come and Lyn can't be merged.

Edited by Zeo

• 5 months later...

Looks like I am the first one here. Trying to get at least one clear done before all hell breaks lose tomorrow:

@mampfoid @mcsilas @kirauza343 @Zeo @ruruo @Azuris @Landmaster

Music: 1. Dir 2. Hibuta - both from Umineko no naku koro ni

The trickiest part was finding the right way to approach this. I started out with shooting the flier, but a combo of Matthew/LanceArmour proved too much. Going from Hector's side would have meant too little space. Baiting from the left side turned out to be the best strategy. After that, everything fell into place rather smoothly. Had to swap some skills around in order to kill things more efficently, but no SI. Double Bonds of Skadikumi is still amazing. Dealing with the armours at the end was very satisfying. OG!Takumi blew up the Lance!Armour, while Sunkumi could just laugh in the face of Hector's ineffective DC.

Nice and simple, unlike what gets released tomorrow so I'll excuse myself from that (at least no Takusquad or Princesses. Might throw together my A team)

Princess clear tomorrow or the day after.

Edited by Nanima

3 hours ago, Nanima said:

Looks like I am the first one here. Trying to get at least one clear done before all hell breaks lose tomorrow:

What hell? Ah, yeah. Abyssal dancer map ...

3 hours ago, Nanima said:

Dealing with the armours at the end was very satisfying. OG!Takumi blew up the Lance!Armour, while Sunkumi could just laugh in the face of Hector's ineffective DC.

Yeah, OG Takumi one-rounding the blue armor was great. Totally alone, Hector was a little bit sad to see, no chance against Firesweep Tak-Tak. 

Congrats! 

17 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

What hell? Ah, yeah. Abyssal dancer map ...

At least with you, Azura won't even manage to get a single dance off.

18 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, OG Takumi one-rounding the blue armor was great. Totally alone, Hector was a little bit sad to see, no chance against Firesweep Tak-Tak. 

Congrats! 

It's always great to see something like that happen against my usual nemesis. Poor Hector was indeed a sad sight to behold. It felt more like putting him out of his misery.

Thanks!

Hector does so well on this map with a distant def seal, it's insane lol Adrift Corrin is very helpful with her + 6 atk/spd support and Veronica with physic is crucial. The map itself isn't hard, but feeding Matthew to Fjorm was just cancer...

6 hours ago, Nanima said:

Nice and simple, unlike what gets released tomorrow so I'll excuse myself from that (at least no Takusquad or Princesses. Might throw together my A team)

Princess clear tomorrow or the day after.

oohoo Takusquad!! :) that was a fantastic clear :)
(do you mind adding me to your tags? I love seeing Takusquad/Princess clears :) )

-----

as for me, FlySquad took care of Hard/Lunatic, but used a guide for Infernal (and to knock out the orb challenges). one short because i don't have a Stahl ready so i shall get on that. :)