Sanaki from Fire Emblem Path Of Radiance is a ripoff of Kim Jong Un from real life!

On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 9:28 PM, ViceTOLUCT said:

Both are dictators, both are WAY too young to rule a country, both own ridiculously strong armies, and both have propaganda that makes their citizens hate a certain race/religion!

PoR was released before Kim Jong Un was made leader of North Korea, though.

59 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

PoR was released before Kim Jong Un was made leader of North Korea, though.

Intelligent Systems can time travel and see the future. They created the Outrealms and Dragons Gate after all.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Intelligent Systems can time travel and see the future.

If IS can see the future then why didn't they see the backlash from the fans over Shadow Dragon and Paper Mario: Sticker Star and change them accordingly?

Edited by NinjaMonkey

22 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

If IS can see the future then why didn't they see the backlash from the fans over Shadow Dragon and Paper Mario: Sticker Star and change them accordingly?

They were distracted by visions of Tharja's butt and Camilla's bust, so they did not pay attention to everything.

You shall see soon enough. Before you realize what happened, marrying your siblings will become socially acceptable, and the horrible predictive power of Intelligent Systems will be confirmed to you.

Think also on this. The whole of Paper Mario: Color Splash is made of paper. Yoshi's Woolly World is made entirely of wool. What of reality? It is made of real things. Look it up, it's true. Intelligent Systems knows more than they wish to let on.

Also the following comic is a good example of how people can be about things they feel are a good idea, no matter how obvious it might be that it is not so there's your Sticker Star justification.

Spoiler

image.png.9cd3a9f0be9a76ab68437dc91367377e.png

38 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Also the following comic is a good example of how people can be about things they feel are a good idea, no matter how obvious it might be that it is not so there's your Sticker Star justification.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.9cd3a9f0be9a76ab68437dc91367377e.png

Should I be confused about this?

i know almost nothing about sticker star

16 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Should I be confused about this?

i know almost nothing about sticker star

So, like, the first two Paper Mario games were these "simplified" RPGs. You only had one party member, you only had one type of equipment, etc. They're still considered very good games, though, and there's a good deal of emergent complexity with factors like what badges you want to equip when you have limited capacity for badges, how you wanted to distribute your limited upgrades for party members, etc again. The third game, Super Paper Mario, was a platformer with RPG elements which was very controversial when it came out but is now generally seen as a good game.

Sticker Star technically returns to the RPG style, got rid of the party members and the equipment and the more traditional RPG structure in favor of having everything be done by these one use stickers than you collected. People really hate the game for it's vastly different combat system which gives you no real incentive to fight enemies and for having some obtuse puzzles and lacking the charm/humor/likable characters/extant plot that all of the previous three games had and generally it's seen as a pretty bad game. People really hate it, Paper Mario fans especially. I have no idea how Color Splash is perceived, because it uses a similar system of combat and exploration, but I think people like it more? Supposedly it's much better executed. Point being that it's more like Sticker Star than the fan favorite Thousand Year Door (the one on GameCube), which I'm sure makes people hate Sticker Star more.

EDIT: Also the structure sucks because it's this non-linear series of worlds divided into levels like a traditional Mario game but there's a very clear order they have to be played in and the settings are all very generic instead of being unique and interesting and full of cool stuff to explore and whatever I don't know I didn't beat Sticker Star.

TL;DR Sticker Star is a really bad game and it's been well over a decade since the last traditional Paper Mario game which makes people hate it more.

That was too intelligent for this thread though so I'd like to remind you all that the plot of Genealogy of the Holy was an elaborate warning about the resurgence of Nazism through the influence of the United Nations.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

12 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

So, like, the first two Paper Mario games were these "simplified" RPGs. You only had one party member, you only had one type of equipment, etc. They're still considered very good games, though, and there's a good deal of emergent complexity with factors like what badges you want to equip when you have limited capacity for badges, how you wanted to distribute your limited upgrades for party members, etc again. The third game, Super Paper Mario, was a platformer with RPG elements which was very controversial when it came out but is now generally seen as a good game.

Sticker Star technically returns to the RPG style, got rid of the party members and the equipment and the more traditional RPG structure in favor of having everything be done by these one use stickers than you collected. People really hate the game for it's vastly different combat system which gives you no real incentive to fight enemies and for having some obtuse puzzles and lacking the charm/humor/likable characters/extant plot that all of the previous three games had and generally it's seen as a pretty bad game. People really hate it, Paper Mario fans especially. I have no idea how Color Splash is perceived, because it uses a similar system of combat and exploration, but I think people like it more? Supposedly it's much better executed. Point being that it's more like Sticker Star than the fan favorite Thousand Year Door (the one on GameCube), which I'm sure makes people hate Sticker Star more.

EDIT: Also the structure sucks because it's this non-linear series of worlds divided into levels like a traditional Mario game but there's a very clear order they have to be played in and the settings are all very generic instead of being unique and interesting and full of cool stuff to explore and whatever I don't know I didn't beat Sticker Star.

TL;DR Sticker Star is a really bad game and it's been well over a decade since the last traditional Paper Mario game which makes people hate it more.

That was too intelligent for this thread though so I'd like to remind you all that the plot of Genealogy of the Holy was an elaborate warning about the resurgence of Nazism through the influence of the United Nations.

sounds like I'll be sticking with my Mario and Luigi games for a while then.

I hope paper jam was good, recently got it and am waiting to clear up my backlog before starting it. 

Nazism eh? 

Forgot to declare end to strikethrough oops 

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

2 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

sounds like I'll be sticking with my Mario and Luigi games for a while then.

I hope paper jam was good, recently got it and am waiting to clear up my backlog before starting it. 

Nazism eh? 

I have Dream Team and have not beaten one dungeon in it. Later.

All was very specifically foretold in this IndieGoGo campaign.

On 5/7/2018 at 11:04 PM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I always questioned your tastes

Someone asked me why I like Sanaki. And, to be honest,

I don't think I ever knew. :awesome: