New to forums!

Dr. Cheesesteak

Hey all, 

Quick intro on myself I guess.  My first FE game was Awakening and I then purchased all the subsequent 3DS ones as well as Sacred Stones on the Virtua Console.  edit: I also have Tokyo Mirage Sessions!  But have yet to play it.  But I am super eager to once I go back to working on my Wii U backlog.

I'm looking to maybe get into FE: Heroes to scratch that FE itch, since I don't have a Switch, and don't think I'll be getting one any time soon.  Meaning I probably won't be playing Three Houses.  Nor Warriors.  :cry:   And I'm kinda getting worn out on FFRK.  :/:

So I came here hoping to get some info from the Heroes sub-forums!  Since fireemblemheroesforum.com isn't working properly to register (if anyone is a member of that site, can you tell them their reCAPTCHA isn't loading?).  

So if I get super involved in Heroes, I hope to be a regular member of these forums.  :D:

Edited by Dr. Cheesesteak

lol hey nerd. welcome to the forest, enjoy your stay, and if i may be so bold, could i recommend that you go back and play fire emblem 5, that is, thracia 776? it is incredibly fun, and not unmanageably hard, but is best played blind so avoid spoilers and guides if you can.

Welcome to the Forest, Dr.Cheesesteak!

If you're searching for some FEH intel, you'll have plenty around here.

Have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

Thanks for the welcome!

On 7/7/2018 at 12:07 AM, (s)ad touch said:

lol hey nerd. welcome to the forest, enjoy your stay, and if i may be so bold, could i recommend that you go back and play fire emblem 5, that is, thracia 776? it is incredibly fun, and not unmanageably hard, but is best played blind so avoid spoilers and guides if you can.

I just checked, how I can I get my hands on it?  Looks like it was released only in Japan across its platforms (SNES, Wii, WiiU, VC).  Emulator best route?  Is there one that's translated?  

Edited by Dr. Cheesesteak

Welcome to the forums, dude. I'm from Sac as well.

Any chance that you'll get to play PoR or RD in the near future? Asking because those are my personal favorites from the series.

2 hours ago, Affinity said:

Welcome to the forums, dude. I'm from Sac as well.

Any chance that you'll get to play PoR or RD in the near future? Asking because those are my personal favorites from the series.

Nice, fellow Sacramentan.  You going to this summer SacAnime?  Only place I can think of for some lowkey FE loot.  

And no, at least especially not PoR.  I can probably find a RD somewhere and play it on my Wii Channel on Wii U.  But as of now I'm limited to whatever is on DS/3DS and Wii/WiiU.  :-_-:   Does remind me, I can look for Shadow Dragon somewhere to complete my 3/DS collection...  hmm...

14 hours ago, Dr. Cheesesteak said:

Nice, fellow Sacramentan.  You going to this summer SacAnime?  Only place I can think of for some lowkey FE loot.  

And no, at least especially not PoR.  I can probably find a RD somewhere and play it on my Wii Channel on Wii U.  But as of now I'm limited to whatever is on DS/3DS and Wii/WiiU.  :-_-:   Does remind me, I can look for Shadow Dragon somewhere to complete my 3/DS collection...  hmm...

If you have an older model Wii, you can play PoR on there.

As for SacAnime, no. My sister goes every year, but I haven't been.

8 hours ago, Affinity said:

If you have an older model Wii, you can play PoR on there.

As for SacAnime, no. My sister goes every year, but I haven't been.

I no longer have my Wii.  :(  But my friend I gave it to, still might.  I don't think it's an older model, but I can always check.  Maybe/hopefully they'll both make an appearance on a future Switch Virtua Console by the time I get a Switch!

You can always try playing Thracia 776 though a SNES emulator, for the time being. Translated ROMs are already fluttering around the 'net. Ditto the other Japan-only Fire Emblem games.

Enjoy your stay!