Conquest Pairings.

MeddlingMage

4 hours ago, Centh said:

I'll have to give it a try. I like trying non-awful new strats. Do you pair Silas and Corrin? I always need up not using kids much... Gotta give that a try too. Well, kids besides Ophelia. O Emblem

Nope, I usually pair Odin and +Mag Corrin.
These were the ten units on this campaign (currently at Endgame, Hard Classic):

· Nohr Noble +Mag -Lck Corrin with Pegasus as her talent.
· Sorcerer Odin (S Corrin) with one level-up as Pegasus to grab the +5 Speed skill.
· Sorcerer Ophelia with Dragon Fang.

· Sniper Mozu (S Silas.)
· Hero Silas, with two level-ups as archer for Quick Draw, then Mercenary.
· Paladin Sophie with Quick Draw and Aptitude, and two level-ups as Great Knight for Luna and Armoured Blow.

· Strategist Elise.
· Rock singer Azura.
· Master Ninja Kaze with two level-ups as Mechanist for Replicate.
· Sniper Effie (S Niles) with a couple of levels as Outlaw to gain bow ranks while Mozu and Silas were making out, then Archer.

That is it. Ten units, no Internet, no DLC, no pre-promotes, no 'backpacks'. Elise promoted at L17-18 (whenever her Magic reached 20+); everyone else, at L19. Most of the benched units did not gain a single level.

(In order to complete Ch 21 in 7 turns, MK Camilla and L10/1 MK Beruka were used to ferry Odin, Ophelia and Corrin against the Stoneborn. Both fliers were unarmed and had never been used after Ch 10.)

I give Corrin a talent whose skills benefit her and her suitor. Sometimes I choose an early skill (Seal Defence, Quick Draw, +5 Speed, Vantage); some others, a L25 one (Death Blow,  Astra.) But it is important that I do not 'lose' Corrin or her suitor in a strange class for various levels, because they must still be able to fulfil their role in the team. After all, I do not use many units anyway.

Due to some RNG madness, Silas only had around 20 Def by Chapter 25 (and stopped at 22 Def), and he was supposed to be my tank! Fortunately --thank you, Aptitude--, Paladin Sophie already had 25 Def at the time (and 31 Def at L19/20), and I could reverse their roles. It was surreal.
Everyone else played their roles as expected (Nohr Noble Corrin even reached 35 Speed and 30 Magic by L19/18, go figure.)

Edited by starburst

11 minutes ago, Centh said:

Low manning is usually really strong for FE in general. Would this strat be best for hard or lunatic?

Not so much in this game. The exp drop when you're overleveled is actually noticeable, unlike most other games.

4 hours ago, Centh said:

Low manning is usually really strong for FE in general. Would this strat be best for hard or lunatic?

I had used only ten units in the past, but that team included Camilla, Xander and Velouria (Camilla's.) And on those campaigns where I did not use pre-promotes, I used twelve units or more.
This was the first time that I used only ten units and no pre-promotes (I never use 'backpacks' anyway.)

I do not play Lunatic often, but ten units might not be enough to deal with the enemy density in certain (passages of) chapters on Lunatic. Like the roof of Ch 23, the upper-left side of Ch 24, certain turns of Ch 20 if your party got separated... Situations where one enemy phase is critical to deal with numerous enemies and the terrain is open. I mean, Strategist Elise had C+ rank on tomes by Endgame, which means that she had to fight a lot on this campaign, and we know how easily she can die (she did survive against a Spear followed by a Tomahawk in Ch 26, but that was her single luckiest phase in the entire game.)
Then again, you play Lunatic more often than I do, and you play more aggressively.

We can exchange strategies for specific chapters on a different thread if you want to. This campaign was really fun.