MeddlingMage

Conquest Pairings.

Recommended Posts

I'm not using all the units in this run.   It's a hard classic run.  Here are my pairings.

Corrin (+Str/ -Def) x Soliel

Laslow x Peri

Xander x Charlotte

Arthur x Effie

Leo x Felicia

Odin x Elise

Silas x Mozu 

Keaton x Camilla

Niles x Nyx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Niles and Nyx let's you get Onmyoji Nina, which can be nice for a mixed Staff Utility + Tomes unit, if you get her early. The rest I think are decent enough pairings, though I'm never a fan of using Keaton at all. Are you gonna pass Quick Draw down to Sophie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they're pretty boring pairings tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-DEF on Corrin sounds rough. -LCK is essentially the best option, especially since you get two goddess icons early to patch up Corrin and Arthur in the LCK category. I'm always a fan of +HP as a boon if you're going for a physical damage build. HP works for MAG and STR damage taken, as well as having good synergy for Silas with Vow of Friendship (easier to keep Corrin at half HP). It also gives a bit of STR iirc.

Arthur x Effie is great for getting Percy early. I always find him underwhelming, but heart sealing him to fighter fixes the poor STR he always seems to have for me. Plus Berserkers are amazing in Conquest.

Leo x Felicia is always a good one. Felicia fixes all of his issues.

Unless you're going for Siegbert, I'd recommend going Xander x Kaze or Laslow as master ninja (Kaze doesn't need a heart seal, so it's cheaper). Xander doesn't really need the HUGE STR boost Charlotte gives, but it's definitely not a bad pairing. I think getting SPD/SKL/MOV pairup stats from master ninja ends up being much better for Xander.

I've never used Peri for anything besides shelter, so no comment there.

Keaton is a great stats backpack. It's really one of the only things he is good for, unfortunately.

I've never used Mozu. Aptitude is really bad and she takes a heart seal to be of any use. She does give Kinshi to Silas, which I'm a fan of.

Odin x Elise is great.

I've never done Niles x Nyx, but you'd have a pretty baller MAG growth on Nina. Nina is amazing with a shining bow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is your talent? Also, -Def sounds like a very bad idea. Probably because it is. What about -Skill instead?

As for the pairings themselves, aside from Corrin, most of them are about bog standard. Not too sure about how good Silas/Mozu is...

3 hours ago, Centh said:

Arthur x Effie is great for getting Percy early. I always find him underwhelming, but heart sealing him to fighter fixes the poor STR he always seems to have for me. Plus Berserkers are amazing in Conquest.

Bold: People always assert this, but I fail to see it - they're Berserkers, after all, aka the one class that is highly prone to have accuracy problems. I'd rather not have to actively rely on luck, especially in Murphy's Law: The Game. ESPECIALLY when they trend towards always being at risk of random crits.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Silas x Mozu is not amazing. It makes Sophie a lot more... Sophie, in that she's quite frail but quite strong/speedy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2018 at 10:33 PM, MeddlingMage said:

I'm not using all the units in this run.   It's a hard classic run.  Here are my pairings.

How big is your main party? Depending on the main party, we could provide better tips.

In my experience, Conquest does not offer enough Experience Points for so many characters. Or will most of them be "backpacks"?
Lately I have only been using 10-12 units for the entire game (no grinding, no "backpacks".)

Velouria with Camilla as her mother is a monster, specially as a Hero. Unkillable even on the longest (physical) enemy phase.

 

19 hours ago, Agro said:

Silas x Mozu is not amazing. It makes Sophie a lot more... Sophie, in that she's quite frail but quite strong/speedy.

On my current campaign, using only ten units, no DLC, no pre-promotes and no "backpacks", Hero Silas and Paladin Sophie (Mozu's daughter) are my 'physical tanks', and so far (Chapter 22) I have not used Dragon Shields on them. Aptitude does wonders on Sophie.

I do not know how many times I have played Conquest, let us say twenty times; in half of them, I have paired up Silas and Mozu, and Sophie has always been a great unit, mostly because of Aptitude. Go Great Knight if the party needs more defence, Hero for critical hits and long enemy phases, or Paladin for mobility. Master of Arms is a Hero with worse skills, but it lets her keep lances, which may be a determining factor.
 

If you like this family...

· Make Silas an Archer right after S-Support for two levels, then Mercenary > Hero, with Elbow Room, Quick Draw, Good Fortune, Strong Riposte and Sol. Later, Axe Breaker is a nice bonus.
Mercenary Silas has up to +7 on attack on Player Phase, and +6 on Enemy Phase. Give him the Goddess Icons that no one else needs and Good Fortune will trigger on every turn. And Hero Silas has more than enough Skill to trigger Sol and land critical hits very often.

· Elbow Room is already there, so let Sophie inherit Aptitude and Quick Draw; then choose among Defender or Luna, or Strong Riposte, Good Fortune and Sol, or any combination of them. Level 15 skills are only available for a couple of chapters, but Armoured Blow and Aegis are a always plus.

· Sniper Mozu is a beast no matter what, and an MVP nominee on every campaign. You could give her a Seraph Robe just in case.
She never misses a hit, takes care of Kotaro and Fuga in one turn, kills the Kitsune or any Ninja in one phase, lands critical hits like crazy...


There surely is a contest between this family and Odin & Ophelia for the Top Critical Hitters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My only advice to you is that if you must use Arthur, get him to another class ASAP. Venerability to crits is probably one of the worst traits a character can have ( especially considering how trolly is  in fates when it comes to hit and crit% for enemies) Hero while  a less popular pick is far more balanced, and he can still make use of axes and have a decent  crit% (though I would never rely on them in a pinch)  and it fits his personality far better. As for the rest of the pairings.

  • Leo optimally wants to be with Nyx because of that mag and speed boost, but Felicia works fine too
  • Charlotte and Xander is practical but boring and kinda overdone tbh
  • Not so sure about Niles x Nyx since Nina takes a blow to her skill, luck and strength so i hope your planning to go the magic route with her
  • Laslow x peri is fine but the resulting  is nothing really special
  • Silas X Mozu should be fine and aptitude helps out some but Mozu's main inheritance stat is skill which is of dubious help to Sophie already being well balanced and all.

In short there all pretty practical and standard as other have mentioned but they'll get the job done.

Side note: it may be helpful if you tell us what class the kids will be in as well.

Edit: If you haven't already, an inheritance planner can be very useful for is sort of stuff. Heres one I really like and find quite helpful: https://inheritance-planner.herokuapp.com

Edited by Sage of the Mist
Added more info and fixed spelling error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, starburst said:

On my current campaign, using only ten units, no DLC, no pre-promotes and no "backpacks", Hero Silas and Paladin Sophie (Mozu's daughter) are my 'physical tanks', and so far (Chapter 22) I have not used Dragon Shields on them. Aptitude does wonders on Sophie.

I do not know how many times I have played Conquest, let us say twenty times; in half of them, I have paired up Silas and Mozu, and Sophie has always been a great unit, mostly because of Aptitude. Go Great Knight if the party needs more defence, Hero for critical hits and long enemy phases, or Paladin for mobility. Master of Arms is a Hero with worse skills, but it lets her keep lances, which may be a determining factor.
 

If you like this family...

· Make Silas an Archer right after S-Support for two levels, then Mercenary > Hero, with Elbow Room, Quick Draw, Good Fortune, Strong Riposte and Sol. Later, Axe Breaker is a nice bonus.
Mercenary Silas has up to +7 on attack on Player Phase, and +6 on Enemy Phase. Give him the Goddess Icons that no one else needs and Good Fortune will trigger on every turn. And Hero Silas has more than enough Skill to trigger Sol and land critical hits very often.

· Elbow Room is already there, so let Sophie inherit Aptitude and Quick Draw; then choose among Defender or Luna, or Strong Riposte, Good Fortune and Sol, or any combination of them. Level 15 skills are only available for a couple of chapters, but Armoured Blow and Aegis are a always plus.

· Sniper Mozu is a beast no matter what, and an MVP nominee on every campaign. You could give her a Seraph Robe just in case.
She never misses a hit, takes care of Kotaro and Fuga in one turn, kills the Kitsune or any Ninja in one phase, lands critical hits like crazy...


There surely is a contest between this family and Odin & Ophelia for the Top Critical Hitters.

I dunno about this... especially on Mozu-centric stuff. As I see it, she's a massive investment, and one that I'm not convinced has the returns to be worth the price of admission. Anyways.... I call bullshit on Good Fortune and Sol - at best you have only about a 1-in-3 chance of Good Fortune working, and it doesn't heal enough to warrant the skill slot (only 20%, aka less than a Vulnerary for most of, if not the entire game). Sol falls victim to It Only Works Once, aka better hope it activates when the enemy's healthy. And I don't see how relevant the point about critical hits is when they're unreliable and not very useful.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i mean archers are useful and all, and you don't really get a lot of bows early on when they'd count. I mean it's basically Niles and maybe bow!Corrin. But then corrin has better things to do than use bows.

But then, Nina is possible around ch 16-17 if you pick an early and fast pairing. Mercs can get the bow knight promotion. Again I'm not sure how Mozu does in comparison to someone like Niles even with favoritism. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bows are great in Conquest, but you only need Niles in the beginning. Silas comes in clutch, once again, as a BK or Kinshi at ~ch. 17. Mozu takes a heart seal away from other units early on, which is a big investment. You can get her ~3-4 levels for free on Ch.10, so she doesn't need much or anything on her join chapter/Ch.9, if you use her. I'm just not a fan of having another 2 range foot locked unit with a useless personal and first skill. She isn't bad, but the opportunity cost is high.

 

Conquest is all about stacking +dmg/+stats for combat units. Skills like elbow room, +2 STR, trample, +5 HP, strong riposte, and such. Leave healing to utility units or consumables. To an extent, Fire Emblem/RPGs in general are about specialization. Having a "jack of all trades" unit generally leads them to being unable to accomplish a task well later or even mid way through. Most of the time you need those 3 enemy units dead NOW instead of in 2 rounds of combat/turns. Hybrid units don't do that well.

 

Edit: Why do people love Aptitude? It's usefulness is after like 10-15 level ups in which you don't necessarily experience the benefits. You have to wait for those level ups and it's not guaranteed you get much more in terms of stats. Straight up +dmg helps immediately and is always good for the whole game.

Edited by Centh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mister Rogers said:

i mean archers are useful and all, and you don't really get a lot of bows early on when they'd count. I mean it's basically Niles and maybe bow!Corrin. But then corrin has better things to do than use bows.


Archer Mozu is stronger, sturdier and defter than Niles. Then again, they have different uses.
Sniper Effie is ridiculously overpowered. As in 40+ double hits to her targets by Ch 20. Hand her an Iron Bow +2.

Nina with a bow has an edge because of her extremely high Resistance and enough Speed to double 99 % of her targets. She might not hit as hard, but has enough Strength and mobility to finish off any wounded enemy.

Bow users are extremely useful (if not a necessity) in Chapter 10, they take care of the Archer and Pegasus Rooms in Ch 11, of Saizo & Tits and crew in Ch 12, of Scarface & Co. in Ch 13 (and even of the mages, in the case of Nina), of all fliers and archers in Ch 14, of any unit during player phase in Ch 17 (including Kotaro), of the Kitsune during player phase in Ch 19 (and even on enemy phase if buffed), of all fliers and of any wounded enemy on player phase in Ch 20...

I could go on.

 

 

2 hours ago, Mister Rogers said:

But then, Nina is possible around ch 16-17 if you pick an early and fast pairing. Mercs can get the bow knight promotion. Again I'm not sure how Mozu does in comparison to someone like Niles even with favoritism. 


Nina, Sophie and Ophelia can be available before Chapter 13 in Conquest. No DLC and no online battles. I do it every time.

If one pairs up Effie with Niles, Nina is becomes really strong, and has the Speed, Resistance and mobility to accompany it.
Their interaction would go like this: Chapter 8: Support C // Invasion 1: C+ // Ch 9: B // Ch 10: B+ // Ch 11: A // Ch 12: A+.

One still needs one more interaction, but if Mozu is recruited right after Chapter 7 or if Corrin interacts with her suitor at least once during all these chapters, there will be one other child available before Chapter 13 (say, Mozu & Silas or Corrin & Odin), which opens the window for Nina.
(And I do not even use Jakob, who ends all campaigns at Level 7 or so. He would 'unlock' one or two children even earlier.)

Since Nina cannot gain levels during her recruitment chapter, I let her kill all the mages on the left side of Chapter 13 (escorted by Effie or Kaze and Elise) and as many Wyvern Riders as possible.


I know that the skill pool is reduced if one recruits the children early, but I value the units themselves above all. For example, I prefer having Ophelia right after Ch 12 and 'enjoy' her for more missions, than recruiting an 'optimised' version of her by Ch 20, with Level 25 skills from her parents. If I could, I would use the desired children by Chapter 8 at trainee levels, just to enjoy them longer and learn how to use them in more situations.

Edited by starburst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i mean if we're talking about effie, then isn't she highly contested since she's a great mom and pair-up unit as well as having good combat on her own?

Effie! Nina/Sophie/Ophelia/Percy are all strong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Effie being used for combat? I give up lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Centh said:

Bows are great in Conquest, but you only need Niles in the beginning. Silas comes in clutch, once again, as a BK or Kinshi at ~ch. 17. Mozu takes a heart seal away from other units early on, which is a big investment. You can get her ~3-4 levels for free on Ch.10, so she doesn't need much or anything on her join chapter/Ch.9, if you use her. I'm just not a fan of having another 2 range foot locked unit with a useless personal and first skill. She isn't bad, but the opportunity cost is high.

I concur. But one will always face this dilemma in Conquest. You may argue that Jakob is a more useful unit than Mozu or Odin, but if one chooses the latter, the dilemma is non-existent. The question now is how to make the most of this choice.

Archer Mozu recruited right after Chapter 7 gains seven or eight levels in her own chapter, and suddenly has better statistics than any other unit in the party. Relevant, useful statistics, for she will not have 20 points of Luck or such.

You only need Silas with a Vulnerary (the Health Tonic from Chapter 5 is a plus.) And this can always be achieved, it is a reproducible puzzle, not a circumstantial statement on my part. It an easy strategy. A video would be nicer, but I posted it a year go:
https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/73045-mozu-conquest-lunatic/&tab=comments#comment-4917042


Again, you may not want to invest that Heart Seal and a Bronze Bow on her. I am just saying that once the choice is taken, Archer Mozu will deliver. There is no way to screw her and, in my opinion, she is always useful.

Edited by starburst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see what she brings to the table that others can't do. Early males, Corrin, and Wyvern!Elise need xp too, but shoving a lot into Mozu gives them a harder time. Silas snowballs crazy hard into mid/late game with xp favoritism. Granted, this may not be an issue on Hard. I've used Mozu once and eventually benched her because she didn't do anything Niles couldn't. Maybe hard let's xp spreading be more viable? I don't remember. If so, I suppose Bowzu is fine.

 

I can see her being useful on Ch. 17, but you've got Camilla, Xander, Niles, Silas, Shura, Beruka, Percy, Arthur, Wyvern!Elise, Corrin, and Ophelia as perfectly capable units of wrecking ninjas (some depend on your strat/unit choices).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Centh said:

I don't see what she brings to the table that others can't do. Early males, Corrin, and Wyvern!Elise need xp too, but shoving a lot into Mozu gives them a harder time. Silas snowballs crazy hard into mid/late game with xp favoritism. Granted, this may not be an issue on Hard. I've used Mozu once and eventually benched her because she didn't do anything Niles couldn't. Maybe hard let's xp spreading be more viable? I don't remember. If so, I suppose Bowzu is fine.


I play on Hard. I have played until Ch 16 or 18 on Lunatic, but realised that I was not having as much fun. And I may simply not be that good.

For me, 'early males' are Silas and Odin, that is it. I never use Jakob, barely use Arthur and when I use Niles, it is usually just for capture. Now you see why I have fewer problems than you do with Experience spread early on.

Lately, I have been using around 12 units for the entire game, with no 'backpacks' (all units are around the same level and all promote at L 19.) And in my current campaign I use 10 units, with no pre-promotes and no 'backpacks.'
I focus on my main units and ignore the rest.
 

------

Capture is invaluable, but if you compare Niles and Mozu purely as a bow units and what they bring into the table, Mozu will always perform better. She has way more Strength, Skill and Defence at any given level, and both will have the same Speed around promotion.
The only scenario where Niles has an edge is surviving against magic attacks. And I stress 'surviving'. Given his low skill, Niles will often fail to hit the caster because of the weapon triangle disadvantage. Chapter 8 is a good example: Even if archer Mozu and Niles exchanges weapons, Niles has many troubles hitting the mages with a Bronze Bow, while Mozu will never miss (but would be killed by any two magic attacks.)

Give Mozu a Short Bow, buff her, pair her up, and let her face Kitsunes (not all of them, obviously, I use a star formation). She will survive and kill or severely wound most of them. Niles cannot even dream about it.
I just played that map yesterday, and her pair up was not General Benny or such, but Sniper Effie, who does not even provide Defence bonuses. The Kitsunes that faced her per turn were simply not able to kill her, and would not have killed her even if all of their hits would have landed, there was no luck in any of those phases.
To spread the Experience, I used Sniper Mozu on one turn and changed to Sniper Effie to do exactly the same task on the next one.

Your gameplay may not need bow users, just like I do not really care about mounted units, and I can perfectly understand that. But saying that Niles outperforms Mozu in those scenarios where a bow user would be helpful has no basis.
If you only use bows against Hoshidian fliers, Kaze with a Hunter's Knife is better than Niles. But if you must land strong physical ranged attacks against, say, a Spear Master, Paladin, Kitsune, Ninja Master or Oni Chieftain, Mozu will always be the better choice. Any unit with her statistics would be, just like Archer Silas and Archer Effie perform better in those situations than Niles does.


------

It has been a while since I tried Wyvern Elise. As a Troubadour, I have no problems to level her up up to Level 15 or so before Chapter 12, which is the turning point in my campaigns. After this chapter, I have access to the two or three children that I will use, and Elise can then get to L 17 or 18 in those missions and promote into a Strategist. Granted, since her Experience points come from staves and Wyvern Elise cannot use them, one must rethink the Experience spread. I have to try Wyvern Elise once again.

Edited by starburst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, starburst said:

Nina, Sophie and Ophelia can be available before Chapter 13 in Conquest. No DLC and no online battles. I do it every time.

I call bullshit. You'd need at least seven fights to go from C to S, or insane amounts of luck to get seeds of trust or events where the units to be paired get support points. I mean, it MIGHT be feasible for Sophie, but not so much for the other two...

Edited by Shadow Mir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, starburst said:


 

Capture is invaluable, but if you compare Niles and Mozu purely as a bow units and what they bring into the table, Mozu will always perform better. She has way more Strength, Skill and Defence at any given level, and both will have the same Speed around promotion.
The only scenario where Niles has an edge is surviving against magic attacks. And I stress 'surviving'. Given his low skill, Niles will often fail to hit the caster because of the weapon triangle disadvantage. Chapter 8 is a good example: Even if archer Mozu and Niles exchanges weapons, Niles has many troubles hitting the mages with a Bronze Bow, while Mozu will never miss (but would be killed by any two magic attacks.)

Give Mozu a Short Bow, buff her, pair her up, and let her face Kitsunes (not all of them, obviously, I use a star formation). She will survive and kill or severely wound most of them. Niles cannot even dream about it.
I just played that map yesterday, and her pair up was not General Benny or such, but Sniper Effie, who does not even provide Defence bonuses. The Kitsunes that faced her per turn were simply not able to kill her, and would not have killed her even if all of their hits would have landed, there was no luck in any of those phases.
To spread the Experience, I used Sniper Mozu on one turn and changed to Sniper Effie to do exactly the same task on the next one.

Your gameplay may not need bow users, just like I do not really care about mounted units, and I can perfectly understand that. But saying that Niles outperforms Mozu in those scenarios where a bow user would be helpful has no basis.
If you only use bows against Hoshidian fliers, Kaze with a Hunter's Knife is better than Niles. But if you must land strong physical ranged attacks against, say, a Spear Master, Paladin, Kitsune, Ninja Master or Oni Chieftain, Mozu will always be the better choice. Any unit with her statistics would be, just like Archer Silas and Archer Effie perform better in those situations than Niles does.


------

It has been a while since I tried Wyvern Elise. As a Troubadour, I have no problems to level her up up to Level 15 or so before Chapter 12, which is the turning point in my campaigns. After this chapter, I have access to the two or three children that I will use, and Elise can then get to L 17 or 18 in those missions and promote into a Strategist. Granted, since her Experience points come from staves and Wyvern Elise cannot use them, one must rethink the Experience spread. I have to try Wyvern Elise once again.

Eh, that's debatable at best, enemy units have shit tier growths and are only really good at being meat shields which means wasting a unit slot on a crap filler unit.

Bull on this, I JUST played chapter 8 TODAY and on hard. If 78-85% accuracy isn't  good enough for you then yeah i guess he's less accurate than mozu, who requires babying to even survive and won't start contributing a damn until everyone's already left her behind.

I get it there are a lot of flying units on conquest, but are they really that hard to take down that you even need more than one or two bow users? Pretty sure anyone with a beast killer can do the same thing as well as contribute on enemy phase rather than being a sitting duck. Not to mention that if you were to reclass any of them it takes a seal from someone who wants it more. Conquest is not the best route to take if you want to customize your units.

Without DLC, gold is so limited in conquest, and I find that most of it goes to staves and seals so asking me to waste money on an expensive and impractical weapon seems a bit much much less dump stat raisers on a unit who needs incessant babying to survive one round of combat.

Fo the record i'm not saying bow users are bad  on conquest but I think you are severely overestimating how important they actually are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Centh said:

Edit: Why do people love Aptitude? It's usefulness is after like 10-15 level ups in which you don't necessarily experience the benefits. You have to wait for those level ups and it's not guaranteed you get much more in terms of stats. Straight up +dmg helps immediately and is always good for the whole game.


Just remember that an increase of 10 percentage points represents a different percentage increase in what is being measured. Say, going from 50 % to 60 % is a 10 points increase, but it is actually a 20 % difference (60/50 = 1.2), and going from 30 % to 40 % represents a 33 % increase.

Since we were talking about Sophie as Mozu's daughter: If one ignores Magic and Luck and focuses on the other six statistics, she has 148 points as a L20/10 Paladin; with Aptitude, 159.4 points at the same level. Thus by Level 20/10, on average, Aptitude has already granted Paladin Sophie two extra Perfect Level-Ups on her relevant statistics.
(The difference is even bigger if one adds Magic and Luck or if one makes the comparison at L20/15, but you get the idea.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sage of the Mist said:

Bull on this, I JUST played chapter 8 TODAY and on hard. If 78-85% accuracy isn't  good enough for you then yeah i guess he's less accurate than mozu, who requires babying to even survive and won't start contributing a damn until everyone's already left her behind.

I get it there are a lot of flying units on conquest, but are they really that hard to take down that you even need more than one or two bow users? Pretty sure anyone with a beast killer can do the same thing as well as contribute on enemy phase rather than being a sitting duck. Not to mention that if you were to reclass any of them it takes a seal from someone who wants it more. Conquest is not the best route to take if you want to customize your units.

Without DLC, gold is so limited in conquest, and I find that most of it goes to staves and seals so asking me to waste money on an expensive and impractical weapon seems a bit much much less dump stat raisers on a unit who needs incessant babying to survive one round of combat.

Fo the record i'm not saying bow users are bad  on conquest but I think you are severely overestimating how important they actually are.


Fair points, mate.

Mages cannot kill Niles on Ch 8, so, it is not dangerous for him if he misses. But it is rather funny that the one unit who can attack and take magical damage is the only one in your party who can miss a hit. Odin, Silas, Mozu and Corrin will always hit, and Effie will kill the mages in one hit, only Niles has misses on that map.
As always, RNG makes the experiences unique.

About babysitting Mozu, I wrote on an earlier post how to level her up to L8-9 in her own chapter. Thus, she is always at the same level (or above) as Niles at the start of Ch 8. That is why I can compare them every time and exchange their inventory.
------

In Chapter 10, only Camilla (or an archer) can kill the Sky Knights in one round, and even she misses from time to time. And while those pesky fliers cannot even kill Azura, they are the only enemies that can 'win' that map, and I prefer to kill them as soon as possible.

Falcon Knights are more difficult because the only units who can kill them in one round are someone with a Beast Killer or Kaze with a Hunter's Knife (or an archer). And if they are equipped with a Bolt Naginata or are paired, none of my physical units would sustain the next phase.

In my experience, Ch 20, 22, 24 and the right side of 25 can be very tricky without bows.
------

Since I only use 10-12 units, buying a Short Bow is not a big deal. It is used sporadically, when I need one more units to hold their position or kill an enemy which can only be hit at close range because of the positioning.

In particular, I gave Sniper Mozu a Short Bow for Ch 19 this time because I am only using ten units and no pre-promotes on this campaign, and she had to attack at close range.
I use the star formation in most of this map, and the pairs were H Silas + MN Kaze // Nhr Corrin + Src Ophelia // Pal Sophie + Src Odin // Snp Mozu + Snp Effie // and in the centre were St Elise + Azura. There were no other units available because I focus on ten units and ignore the rest (as in most of them have zero Exp.) So, I had to make it work with those ten. It went better than I expected, actually.
------


This is the first time that I tried Sniper Mozu and Sniper Effie. I had not used Effie lately, and I thought that, in my gameplay, Sniper Effie would be more useful than GK or General. So far, so good. I am about to start Ch 24.

Bow users suit my gameplay. Like why eight out of ten of my units are on foot, while other user might have chosen mounted classes; or why I chose Src Odin, Src Ophelia and +Mag Corrin.
In all honestly, Sniper Mozu and Sniper Effie have been way more useful than WL Camilla and WL Nina (her daughter) were on my last campaign.

I get your points. And I guess that I should try a campaign without bow users and learn more strategies.

Edited by starburst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, starburst said:

About babysitting Mozu, I wrote on an earlier post how to level her up to L8-9 in her own chapter. Thus, she is always at the same level (or above) as Niles at the start of Ch 8. That is why I can compare them every time and exchange their inventory.

So what I'm supposed to take away from this is that for Mozu to be usable, I have to shaft everyone else in the process. Yay...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Centh said:

I smell turtle gameplay...

Once I finish the campaign, I can write down the turn counts of some chapters if you want.

From memory...

Ch 11 was done in more turns than necessary because my party was still short and those Experience points were handy. (I sent everyone to the left, then came back down right after the Samurai Room.)
Ch 12 was completed in 12-13 turns, defeating Ryoma and getting both chests.

Sophie's and Kanna's Paralogues were done in 6-7 turns (reinforcements never appeared) before Ch 13.
I do not think that Ch 13 or Ophelia's and Nina's Paralogues can be done way quicker than how I did with my party. But I did not pay attention.

Ch 14 can be done pretty quickly with a flier, which I did not have.
Ch 16 gave me 7,000 G. I think.

Ch 17 was done in more turns than necessary because I started from the lower right, got both chests and saved Saizo. Having benched Xander and Camilla, I needed to watch the health of my front liners.
Ch 18 in 10-12 turns with the right chest (no final reinforcements.)

I did not pay attention to Ch 19, it probably took me twenty turns. I used all ten units and it could not be cheated with a lancer tank (Xander and Camilla had been benched, Effie was a Sniper.)

Ch 20 was done in more turns than necessary because Fuga was killed by turn 6-7 but I wanted the chests on the left.
Ch 21 in 7 turns with all my ten units and killing the boss.
Ch 22 was done in more turns than necessary because Yukimura was killed around turn 8, but I wanted the Experience points.

Ch 23 was done in more turns than necessary because none of my units/pairs could handle Rally Man's party or face the roof without retreating once to recover. All three 'bosses' were taken down in one phase.


None of my friends play this game and thus I do not know how slow that is. But doing a low turn campaign was never in my mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll have to give it a try. I like trying non-awful new strats. Do you pair Silas and Corrin? I always need up not using kids much... Gotta give that a try too. Well, kids besides Ophelia. O Emblem

Edited by Centh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.