Special Heroes: Summer Banner #2 Video Posted!

Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

DO they really make more money though? A lot of fans like male characters just as much as females. And if the gender-balanced banners still make a lot, what's the problem?

I think it's safe to say there's just plain more male waifu-hunting high spenders than the female equivalent. I'd say a 50/50 ratio on male/female characters would be best too so everyone gets something, but from a business perspective that may not be in their best interest.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hearing Camilla, Linde, and Miccy the most so far. All options would be nice, though I would prefer some male seasonal units. Not a fan of the 3-1 banners. However if it is another 3-1 or all female banner then I guess that's fine. I'll just roll for whichever unit looks cool, it any.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

I think it's safe to say there's just plain more male waifu-hunting high spenders than the female equivalent. I'd say a 50/50 ratio on male/female characters would be best too so everyone gets something, but from a business perspective that may not be in their best interest.

This game still makes a ton of money though. Having a 50/50 gender ratio often hasn't been detrimental to profits or anything.

Palla matches the right silhouette fairly well, now that I compare her, but other females could as well. Caeda also would fit as pointed out. She already got a seasonal though, so I'd prefer Palla. And I prefer Palla over her anyway.

Oh! If Linde is indeed on this banner, I wonder if Merric will be part of the group (whether on a banner of as a free unit). Merric and Linde are often seen as counterparts and I could see this being similar to how Innes and Tana were put in together. 

It's obviously Adeline from Kirby 64, that's just her drawings.

That said, yeah, it's possible that's Camilla, given the drink and wristband look VERY similar to the DLC art; feels too coincidental. Only things giving me doubt are the apparent hair accessory and skinny body plus we had a Nohrian banner for Summer last year, but it's possible that's a costume change and the artstyle or possibly us being unintentionally tricked by Camilla's armor into thinking she wasn't that skinny. Plus, IS doesn't really seem to care much for balancing games out for seasonal representation, it seems.

Let's see here,

lowkey hoping for Azura even though it's probably someone Archnea & the right is probably Camilla.

Cue the usual "Alts are worst thing ever" & "Oh, god why is there another Camilla alt!?" & all is right as usual.

Edited by Zangetsu

I want Summer Nolan.

Now that we're having two summer banners so close together with no buffer banner in between, does that mean that we'll actually get a nice long strong of regular banners until October?

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I mean, if we think about it, Elincia does have hair that can match the silhouettes.

She doesn't though. The left is far too long and matches Linde way more and the right is more of the right length, but doesn't have either of her signature buns.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This game still makes a ton of money though. Having a 50/50 gender ratio often hasn't been detrimental to profits or anything.

Palla matches the right silhouette fairly well, now that I compare her, but other females could as well. Caeda also would fit as pointed out. She already got a seasonal though, so I'd prefer Palla. And I prefer Palla over her anyway.

Because apparently the only gaming company that  believes in existence of female whales is Square Enix, lol. 

I find it amusing that people think the figure on the right is Camilla because of the glass. It's literally just a regular pina colada glass, which could be held by pretty much anyone of drinking age.

But the left is definitely Linde. My guess for the right is Azura, since the pose and wristband make me think of a dancer, and the shadows near her shoulders look similar to the tips of her normal gloves/arm wear. That would also fit with the slim physique.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

She doesn't though. The left is far too long and matches Linde way more and the right is more of the right length, but doesn't have either of her signature buns.

Thing about Elincia is that both of her designs has her hair tied up in some manner. Summer Version could be the one that is free from all ties.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Thing about Elincia is that both of her designs has her hair tied up in some manner. Summer Version could be the one that is free from all ties.

Maybe, but IS has yet to stray that far from a character's typical hair style. The closest they've gone to that is Bunny Sharena and her hair being raised into a ponytail. But even that wasn't a huge difference from her normal look since she still had a braid over her head and the end of her hair tied as well like normal.

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

So many summer banners, all at once. Wonder if it will end in two weeks to coincide with the rest?

No, this one is going until August 9th according to the schedule.

1 minute ago, Astellius said:

I find it amusing that people think the figure on the right is Camilla because of the glass. It's literally just a regular pina colada glass, which could be held by pretty much anyone of drinking age.

The glass AND bracelet being so similar to her DLC art could be them referencing to it. It still might not be her, but it feels like a fair chance.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Maybe, but IS has yet to stray that far from a character's typical hair style. The closest they've gone to that is Bunny Sharena and her hair being raised into a ponytail. But even that wasn't a huge difference from her normal look since she still had a braid over her head and the end of her hair tied as well like normal.

Who knows. Another one someone pointed out is that the one on the right is Micaiah, as you can see bird wings from the center near the chest, which makes them think its Yune.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Who knows. Another one someone pointed out is that the one on the right is Micaiah, as you can see bird wings from the center near the chest, which makes them think its Yune.

Those look a bit big to be Yune's wings. She's a tiny bird. Also, it could be a sleeve or something else she's wearing on her arm.

It could be Micaiah, I guess, but I'd find that extremely disappointing since I dislike her and would much rather have Elincia as the next Tellius female to get an alt. I still think she should've been a bride instead of Sanaki.

4 minutes ago, Astellius said:

But the left is definitely Linde. My guess for the right is Azura, since the pose and wristband make me think of a dancer, and the shadows near her shoulders look similar to the tips of her normal gloves/arm wear. That would also fit with the slim physique.

You say amusing like we're jumping, but the shape of the whole drink is an exact match. Then there's the wristband.