Special Heroes: Summer Banner #2 Video Posted!

Anacybele

28 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Now that we're having two summer banners so close together with no buffer banner in between, does that mean that we'll actually get a nice long strong of regular banners until October?

My cynical side is afraid we'll be stuck with another reference to Japan's expression "Fall of the arts", which is why Performing Heroes exists. Although if we had Perfoma Heroes instead, then I would be really really really happy.

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I mean, it's not even that exciting a bikini, it'd just be for the body factor.

Is it ever about the fabric? Well outside of FEW. Damn that game did male underwear so right, it gives fanservice, but looks so good in itself as fashionable underwear.

19 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Her weapon is called "Sex on the Beach" and is a dagger.

You're being a little too obvious here. It should be "Beach Seax". A seax is an actual type of dagger I kid you not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seax

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Aera said:

If it will be all girls, I am afraid of the direction this game is going.

Yeah, I've steadily been losing interest in the game and one reason is the lack of cool new male units compared to female ones. I like a few females once in awhile, but I like a lot of males too. In fact, I tend to prefer males over females in general. I just feel they're generally better written and better designed.

I just want to see a more balanced gender ratio like last year.

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I wonder if any of the other gacha games gets the same complaint about this.

FGO seems pretty cool with theirs. Then again the FGO community is one of the most chill I’ve seen. FEH on the other hand.........

Right seems to be Camilla, but it also seems too obvious. I’m expecting some trickery.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is it ever about the fabric? Well outside of FEW. Damn that game did male underwear so right, it gives fanservice, but looks so good in itself as fashionable underwear.

I aint gay, but damn the underwear on the male units in FEW is FINE.

Questionable sexuality aside (jk not gay nothing against them tho just not one of them), Every other Summer female at least had something interesting going on with their outfit. Meanwhile, Camilla only barely avoided just having a plain black bikini.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well outside of FEW. Damn that game did male underwear so right, it gives fanservice, but looks so good in itself as fashionable underwear.

Omg, yes! The men's underwear was so good! Koei didn't put all of them in generic white/gray/black bikini underwear either, they actually put most of the guys in boxers and fashionable ones at that! I always imagined most of them wore boxers anyway, especially Frederick with how proper he is. And omg is he hot! <3 I swoon over him shirtless all the time, but yeah. XD

3 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Right seems to be Camilla, but it also seems too obvious. I’m expecting some trickery.

Yeah, but it isn't like they haven't given us an obvious silhouette before. *cough*NY Takumi*cough*

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I do know we at least get male seasonals when you compare this game to FGO, but I don't know about games like GBF

Cool, we're artificially progressive. But seriously that is interesting to know.

FGO seems pretty cool with theirs. Then again the FGO community is one of the most chill I’ve seen. FEH on the other hand.........

Well that's kind of a bummer to know

Dammit I’m late!

me personally before watching Sages video I think the left one has a good shot of being Linde, Miciah, and Azura... while the right I completely thought was Ophelia.... (the hairpin and short hair... I dunno..) 

now hearing your thoughts I say this...

in in the last shadows they put the two units that were related (i.e from same game and bro/sis) next to each other. Then they picked a mother character and child character from Awakening.

Here it might be The same deal... but if not then I think it’s Linde/ a random SD character and Camilla/Ophelia (I hope still but not likely) and perhaps a child character.. the most popular fates children not in the game at all are Ophelia and Nina... 

It was obvious Camilla would get in.. she got snubbed by her siblings last year... plus with art of her already made it made it easy to put into heroes.. 

15 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

I'm going with everyone else that the left one is Linde and I'm going with my heart that the right one is Micaiah (which I would be super down for).

We are in the same boat. I wish for her too.

Edited by Ginko

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I've steadily been losing interest in the game and one reason is the lack of cool new male units compared to female ones. I like a few females once in awhile, but I like a lot of males too. In fact, I tend to prefer males over females in general. I just feel they're generally better written and better designed.

I just want to see a more balanced gender ratio like last year.

The problem I have with Fire Emblem post-Awakening is that the characters are fetishized in terms of character and design.

The only game I don’t have a problem with at all is Echoes in terms character (other than Celica) and design. It’s kind of disappointing looking at the discrepancy between main game protagonists and fanservice characters (from spin-off and main).

8 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Guys, guys, guys It's Wrys and Jedah now that we're all scarred for life

I am Wrys, a humble curate. I cannot swim, but this parasol I carry can shade your epidermis. Take me with you, and you'll be very glad you did.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I am Wrys, a humble curate. I cannot swim, but this parasol I carry can shade your epidermis. Take me with you, and you'll be very glad you did.

The best Wrys alternate would be Wrys dressed as a giant Vulnerary.

6 minutes ago, Aera said:

The problem I have with Fire Emblem post-Awakening is that the characters are fetishized in terms of character and design.

The only game I don’t have a problem with at all is Echoes in terms character (other than Celica) and design. It’s kind of disappointing looking at the discrepancy between main game protagonists and fanservice characters (from spin-off and main).

honestly, I think males too are pretty fetishized in Fates. 

2 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Yeah, kinda, given Odin's stupid outfit. But females got it worse with crap like Camilla's outfit and female Corrin practically being forced to show her thighs. Literally every other part of her body is covered (obviously except her feet and face, but yeah), but yet her thighs just HAD to be shown? :/

Oh, and the female dark mage outfit is very sexualized too. Barely covers much of the breasts.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, kinda, given Odin's stupid outfit. But females got it worse with crap like Camilla's outfit and female Corrin practically being forced to show her thighs. Literally every other part of her body is covered (obviously except her feet and face, but yeah), but yet her thighs just HAD to be shown? :/

Oh, and the female dark mage outfit is very sexualized too. Barely covers much of the breasts.

I think both male and female Dark Mage outfits are pretty silly, which stinks, because I like Dark Mages in Fates, both as units and characters.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

At least the dark mage outfit was skimpy with both, and out of all the classes Dark Mage is one of the few I don’t mind skimpy clothing on. Necromancers, Warlocks, Blood Mages, etc in my experience have had more skin showing than other mage type classes. Not always, but out of all the types they are the most likely. 

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Complaining about fanservice in an upcoming banner about Summer beach.

Sounds legit.

We're not complaining about the fanservice in summer banners, we're complaining about a bunch of the normal Fates outfits being super fanservicey.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The Dark Mage and Sorcerer outfits are just bad in general, I'd say for both Fates and Awakening. I know Plegians are mostly in more wastelandy environments and they dress lighter as a result, but what's the Nohrians excuse?

Also, if we're talking FemCorrin thighs, I honestly like they covered them in Smash Bros. Not bringing attention to them kept me in the dark until Fates/Heroes did. Thank you Nintendo for trying to keep to a certain age rating while also bringing us freaking Bayonetta!

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

We're not complaining about the fanservice in summer banners, we're complaining about a bunch of the normal Fates outfits being super fanservicey.

Good for you, sport

Edited by Zangetsu

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Complaining about fanservice in an upcoming banner about Summer beach.

Sounds legit.

It's also pretty much ceremonial now, for any seasonal banner too and not just the summer ones. I would be tired of it if I wasn't used to it at this point.

At least the dark mage outfit was skimpy with both, and out of all the classes Dark Mage is one of the few I don’t mind skimpy clothing on. Necromancers, Warlocks, Blood Mages, etc in my experience have had more skin showing than other mage type classes. Not always, but out of all the types they are the most likely. 

Maybe, but look at Fates dark mages compared to Pelleas from Tellius or any of the GBA dark mages. The latter didn't wear any skimpy clothing at all. In fact, they were completely covered and also tended to have hoods. This drastic change in design is just...so ugh and forcibly sexualized as a result.

Edited by Anacybele