Special Heroes: Summer Banner #2 Video Posted!

Anacybele

55 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Anything except spring is fine. Screw pollen and magpies.

Magpies are the devil with their red beady eyes and swooping tendecies.

Cold > warm for me, but autumn is my favourite time. Colourful and mild.

Cold weather you can layer up. Hot weather, there's a limit to how much layers you can shed.

Also regarding that Camilla trace picture....that actually makes sense. If it is that pose, I quite like it! I thought she would be twisting strangely with her behind in front but that's a nice stance and makes sense with the drink. I think the flower adds a nice touch and will be a  neat connection with Summer Elise.

It would be a matter of time to get Summer Camilla anyway

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

It is hard for me.

I didn't say just grass, I said flowers too. And you can also mold sand at the beach. Though admittedly, not everyone lives near a beach.

You can also engage in activities during spring and summer that you otherwise wouldn't be able to. Some kids like squirt gun battles (not really my thing, but still), and like I said, you can play in the hose or sprinkler or pool.

And something else I forgot to mention. Depending on where you're at, you can also see hoards of lightning bugs/fireflies in summer and pretty much only in summer. They're so beautiful at night!

Of course; you imply I deny the lack of fun for Spring when I merely refer to "one" when I get that Spring has its perks. I'm just saying that it shouldn't be hard to see people like something trivial (trivial being the key word here) just because you don't. Do you actually not understand how people get enjoyment from sled-riding, making snowmen (in fact, you can do it anywhere with snow as opposed to being limited to the beach, just minus the warm feeling), having snowball fights, etc., even if those aren't activities you'd enjoy yourself? Because I get why you and many other people in the world like Spring very easily. You mentioned one activity in the form of squirt-guns and that you don't like them but you get why others do. Dunno why you don't get how others are appealed by many Winter-specific activities available compared to that one Spring example.

Summer and Winter are like pizza with pineapple and pizza without pineapple; your tastes are gonna go one way, but you know very well that there will be plenty of others that will go the other way because their taste buds are different.

I have the strangest feeling that this will be one of the most cynical and creatively bankrupt banners yet.

I really hope we get something interesting but I just know that will not be the case, the only way this can be great is Ike and Micaiah, I don't think anyone would complain about those two, I would sacrifice a goat to IS if it meant getting a summer or halloween alt for mist but I have a feeling that I would be lucky to get even a unique weapon for her to make her more worthwhile for pulling or shoot even a 4* demotion to make her possible to 5* +10 her.

2 hours ago, Sunsurge said:

I'm hoping there's one male on this banner, and that he's hot in a thong. =P No, but seriously, I'd be 100% for a summer banner with all guys in skimpy bathing suits. Preferably pushing out their junk like Noire does and twisted in weird fashions to emphasize it.

You think I'm kidding, I'm not.

I admit I would get a kick out of all of them sticking their crotches out in their art and shouting "Pelvic Thrust!!" in their specials, odin is a must for this.

as for seasons, if it was in my hands I would raise the world's temperature by 8 degrees (I don't care about fahrenheit or celsius pick your poison even if one is objectively better than the other) so that when everyone else is gone I can have a new world ruled by roaches and I shall be their god. 

Honestly I don’t think that’s Camilla, the sillouette doesn’t feel as...stacked.

And about the weather discussion, I’m Team Cold all the way. Growing up in a tropical country, cold feels amazing and I love bundling up and seeing everything covered in white is just amazing! Snow is just sparky the white color never feels dull!

With the pic and especially that glass I'd say Camilla is practically confirmed. Which is a shame because Camilla's already got a beach outfit. We already know what she wears on the beach and how she reacts in that environment so its a wasted spot. Same with last year. Corrin and Frederick were so much more interesting than Leo and Gaius because at least their outfits were new. 

I'm still pretty set on Linde, since only her hair is that ridiculous long. (Azura's too, but it fans out more) I didn't think it could be Camilla on the right at first, because the figure is so slim and the hair too straight, but after seeing the evidence, it might be more likely. Her art could be heavily stylized or something.

As an aside to Summer art, I never liked what they did with Leo. Not on a technical level of course, since Tobi is pretty damn fantastic. The art just made Leo look way too twinkish. If you compare it to his dlc art, you can see that he has a much more defined and trained body going on there. Which makes sense, since he is still a swordsman and running around with a heavy armour which can be taxing even without factoring in all the horse riding. Leo not being just another wimp mage is one of the things I like about him. It honestly just felt like an appeal to the yaoi crowd regardless of the character fitting the stereotype.

/Rant over sorry had to get it out of my system since I was too mad at the banners very existence last year

If we get another Archanean character on this banner, it might be young!Tiki. Let's hope they don't pull another H!Nowi/B!Sanaki deal with her... 

As for the weather debate: Winter can crawl into a hole and die. The cold is awful for me and ever present, no matter what I'm wearing. Plus, where I live it gets bitterly cold, but we often don't see a single snowflake, so everything is just grey, brown and lifeless.

8 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Azura and Camilla. No doubt. We all knew Bikilla was coming at some point. Now, the other two had BETTER be some hot guys.

I personally think the left one is Linde, and I think the lack of male silhouettes means we won't be getting any men on the banner at all. As far as I know, so long as there has been at least one guy on the banner they've always had one male and one female character as silhouette teasers.

If it's Linde and Camilla, I also wonder if that means we'll get Archanea and Conquest characters or if it's split up à la the spring banner. Last month there was Sacred Stones and Awakening, and they teased Tana and Innes together; they didn't mix the represented games.

Of course, for all we know it's Linde and Palla or something. Anyone could have a bracelet and a piña colada glass, after all. 

Edited by Thane

I'll be kinda surprised if we don't get even ONE male on the banner, but no male silhouette does seem rather damning. Makes me wonder if their internal data makes them think the male summer alts just aren't worth the bother or something. They don't seem to have much faith in non-waifus generating enough money.

Edited by Alkaid

Camilla is pretty likely, but I honestly see no reason why she needs a swimsuit alt. She not only already got one, but she also walks around exposing everything in her default outfit, so even the fanservice is redundant.

Linde would be cool. I warmed up to her after warriors and the design is nice.

A 4 female banner would not be as Nice though. Last year went out of its way to go equal so I don’t see why that should change.

Edited by Sasori

While I'll cautiously predict Camilla, she does seem not only too skinny, but there are added accessories to her outfit (flower in the hair, something more close to her shoulder looking like a wing) which her siblings didn't get in their banner. Anyone could wear a bracelet and have a drink, after all; Palla likes alcohol if we take Echoes tastes into account. Might be a bit silly, but I'm just pointing it out.

"But it's an exact match"

Yes, but it's not a rare design. I mean just look at this image someone drew of Azura in a bikini and uploaded just earlier today (NSFW)

Spoiler

69593986_p0_master1200.jpg

Yeah, that's Linde and Camilla.

Damn it. I neeeeed them. I have no luck with the Summer banners, haven't pulled any summer units before.

4 minutes ago, Sasori said:

Camilla is pretty likely, but I honestly see no reason why she needs a swimsuit alt. She not only already got one, but she also walks around exposing everything in her default outfit, so even the fanservice is redundant.

Linde would be cool. I warmed up to her after shadow dragon and the design is nice.

A 4 female banner would not be as Nice though. Last year went out of its way to go equal so I don’t see why that should change.

She hasn't got a swimsuit alt, though? She has art in a Fates DLC, but then so do Leo, Xander and Elise. The fact that Camilla doesn't have one in this game is odd. Also, there's Gaius and Cordelia having art in Awakening DLC, too.

Like I said before, i think it's less that equal banners aren't profitable enough, but that Intsys has decided that all female banners are more profitable by comparison. Most businesses don't want to just make ends meet or be comfortable, they want to make more and more profits. If an all female banner makes them even a little more than a mixed one, that's what they'll go with.

looks like Linde onnthe left and Lachesis on the right holding some winged staff or so but its prolly caeda with s „Wingstaff“ introducing the first flying healer

Edited by Hilda

10 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

She hasn't got a swimsuit alt, though? She has art in a Fates DLC, but then so do Leo, Xander and Elise. The fact that Camilla doesn't have one in this game is odd. Also, there's Gaius and Cordelia having art in Awakening DLC, too.

I did’t like the repeats there either, but Camilla has that while also walking around in her underwear already in her  normal outfit. So its doubly unnecesary.

5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I like the cold for enabling the use of comfty warming items, such as my fluffy blanket or my favorite sweater. Plus if I get too warm from said items, the cold can be comfty if controlled correctly.

I hate the heat because all it enables is an air conditioner or, if you were me for the last 4 or 5 years, lots of fans that barely work anyway. Plus I used to get bad allergies in the warm months, so no brownie points there...

Uggh, I remember doing the fan trick. I would have 4 or 5 running on high continuously and it would still be muggy as can be. Part of the reason I switched to AC was because my math indicated I might actually use LESS electricity than trying to cool my room with fans. Was a bit off because I turn the AC way up so things get just right rather than just using it to take the edge off. But my last calculation had it being mostly a wash electricity wise. I do still end up using one fan on low though. I just like it when the air is flowing vs stagnant.

5 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Funny enough, I'm the exact opposite. :D

I find snow far more fun to look at. There's just a surreal feel seeing everything covered in white. If anything, I find grass and flowers and all such more boring by comparison, though allergies probably play a role in that.

Frankly, I'll take any kind of storm over a sunny day. Hearing the crackle and boom of thunder on a dark day is a lot more exciting to me. :D

I am not the biggest fan of snow. I get snow blindness easily and it makes driving a bit of pain since you have to clean stuff off/etc. However, I do have agree with storms. Spring is probably my favorite time of year for that reason. Spring showers can be so nice. A light drizzle where it is warm enough not to be chilly and a good stiff breeze. That just feels nice. And smells nice too. But I don't have allergies. . . wait does a drizzle help with allergies or make them worse? I don't think I ever thought that question over before.

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Problem for me is, I'm always cold in winter regardless of how many layers I put on. I rarely feel too hot in summer. I also feel more comfortable in light clothing during warm weather than having to be bundled up in a blanket or sweatshirt all the time. Snow is also much more boring to look at than nice green grass, leaves, and flowers (which is also why I favor spring). Also, like I said, summer is the time for amusement parks (mostly), water parks, resorts, etc. So fun! And if you DO get too hot, go cool off with the hose, sprinkler, pool, whatever! More fun than just bundling up in blankets and sweaters.

I never understood the appeal of cold weather to people. If putting on layers is better to you than being hot, I can understand that, but that's like...the only thing I can wrap my head around here.

The too hot/too cold thing is definitely a big deal. Here where I am at Humidity is the biggest problem. The non-humid days aren't that bad, but summer here feels like you spend all day swimming. Not only are you soaked in sweat but it is so muggy it almost feels as if the air is physically thicker and needs to be pushed through. Talk about oppressive. The cold meanwhile isn't so bad that I need to be super bundled up except on the worst days. BUT I also am an indoor type of person so I spend most of my time inside rather than trekking outdoors. However, I am experienced with the cold because my house leaks heat like a . . . not sure how to put it politely but you get the idea. As such my room is usually very chilly during winter. Not as bad as outside, but cold enough inside that I am not bothered much when I do go out unless it is very windy. That may be why I dislike heat even more these days. Ever since getting AC I can be comfortable at 70-80 degrees during summer and so when I go outside that is at least a 10 degree jump and a huge jump in humidity as well.

5 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

As someone who lived in tropical areas, I will never understand the hype of summer coming to the four-season areas. it's summer here all year long, but not holiday all year long (which is why I'm salty of...) Perhaps a case of your neighbor's grass will always be greener 

Spring and Summer at first are a godsend after winter. Particularly a bitterly cold winter. Even those of us in my area who prefer the cold to the heat are quite happy when it begins to warm up. We just wish it would stay at spring heat or at last be a dry heat rather than pushing into the swamp like super mugginess that we end up getting.

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

...Really? How is plain white snow better than the various and often beautiful colors of grass and flowers?

I can't stand thunder. It's often too loud for me and my sensitive hearing. Lightning can look cool, but since it's pretty much always followed by a loud crack of thunder...yeah. Also, how can anyone sleep at night when there's thunder out at that time?

As a third shifter. . . I have to sleep through crap a lot worse than thunder. Construction work next door. Ball games in the field out back. People mowing. Kids shouting and screaming. Dogs Barking. Need I go on? Thunder is nice because if it is thundering out all that other noise usually isn't an issue. Another reason to dislike summer. During Winter kids have school and are less likely to be outside playing and are thus far less likely to be waking me up during at least half of my sleep hours.

5 hours ago, Alexmender said:

It also has a lot to do with me being an indoors person so obviously I'll enjoy staying at home with a blanket while watching a movie/reading a novel instead of going out, but if I have to I enjoy it more when it's cloudy and windy. Going out when it's hot just makes me really grumpy.

I do wonder if being indoors vs outdoors actually influences. Thinking about it all the people I know in person who prefer heat are all outdoorsy types. Or at least are outdoorsy compared to me.

5 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Oh the topic of hot and cold weather since I noticed that, I hate both. It's basically picking the lesser of two evils. >.> 

I hate having to wake up at 5 AM to spend an hour shoveling snow during the winter...And then having to do it again because my stupid neighbors put more snow into my parking space. And then dealing with whiteouts, black ice, etc. But I hate summer just as much if not more because I get to spend 8 hours teaching in 100 F degree classroom and dealing with giant bugs that decide to fly in through the open windows. I sweat so much the other day that I actually left sweat stains THROUGH my skirt (thank goodness it was dark) into my desk chair. And don't even get me started on trying to run in that heat. If I had to pick, I'd go with winter. It's super appropriate to wear a heavy sweater at work, but I can't wear tank tops and shorts. 

I just wanna' enjoy a pleasantly cool fall. ...all two weeks of it. ;A; 

Man I so miss my large 4 wheel drive vehicle. I used to never bother with shoveling cause only the highest snow mounds would even slow that gas guzzler down. Just hop in and drive away even if the snow was several feet high. Now with my little TDI I don't have the clearance. It can push through a rather impressive amount of snow for a car its size, but any big snow still requires shoveling. Though I can be a bit more lazy if it is sitting in the garage. If it has solid ground to start on it can sometime get enough momentum to make it to the road.

And yeah bugs are another reason to hate summer. Particularly wasps and other stingers. Those guys suck. I don't think I react to them as badly as when I was a kid(it seemed to get less and less worse as I got older), but I am not going to get stung to find out. That leaves a huge area in pain, or at least it did, let alone all the swelling and puffiness.

Oh yes. The wondrous leaving sweat stains through your clothes. I am pretty sure I have done that with jeans before. Feels like rivers flowing down your back/thighs/etc.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

As for the weather, I dislike warm and hot weather. I prefer cool and cold weather.

I actually like the cold, so I wear basically the same amount of layers throughout the year, except I wear a light hoodie or jacket on top of my T-shirt during winter if it gets below freezing.

Yeah I tend to be that way. I usually wear a jacket year round that has all my crap that I regularly need stashed in it. It is light enough to be worn during fall and spring, but summers just get too oppressive so I tend to just go without having everything I could possibly need at my fingertips. During the coldest winters it can be a bit too light, but as long as we don't get below zero(counting windchill) I am usually fine. Of course I am also the person who wears FiveFingers shoes even during winter which weirds out even my fellow locals who have been known to go around in T-Shirt and Shorts when it is 30 or so out.

@Vaximillian Huh. I would have sworn the body type was wrong, but that outline is rather convincing. Well I did say I sucked at silhouettes. Here I was hoping it was a thin girl. Maybe a Lucina. Its been a while since we got an alt of her. But the hair wasn't really right for that anyways.

Edited by Usana

In terms of seasons, I always regarded Winter as my favorite. Summer is kinda overrated for me. I really hate the heat because it’s so hard to deal with when you’re outside, and I can’t stand the bugs either. Doesn’t help that I have a bee/wasp/hornet phobia. Winter is such a lovely season with the pretty white snow and all I need to do is put on heavier clothing. I do prefer wearing shorts and T-shirts, but I don’t need summer to wear them.

Back to the banner, I’m fairly certain that if Linde is in, Merric will likely join as well, possibly as a free unit. The two are often seen as counterparts (not to the same degree as Cain and Abel, but relatively close), so I have reason to suspect they could be the Innes/Tana of the group. 

The right one reminds me a bit of Rhajat, although I'm not sure how accurate the comparison is.

I really hope Camilla isn't on the banner. Double seasonals are annoying enough, we really don't need a triple.

9 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Back to the banner, I’m fairly certain that if Linde is in, Merric will likely join as well, possibly as a free unit. The two are often seen as counterparts (not to the same degree as Cain and Abel, but relatively close), so I have reason to suspect they could be the Innes/Tana of the group. 

Linde is a considerably more popular character. In CYL2, she got about 2400 votes between her two versions (ranks 155 and 293) while Merric only got about 800 (ranks 347 and 478).

And counterparts aren't at all guaranteed to get into seasonals together. For example, Jakob wasn't paired with Felicia, and Kagero wasn't paired with Saizo.

If the left is indeed Linde it seems my quest to summon summer units continues.
Thankfully I got all I wanted by now so I will be able to focus only on her.

2 hours ago, Usana said:

As a third shifter. . . I have to sleep through crap a lot worse than thunder. Construction work next door. Ball games in the field out back. People mowing. Kids shouting and screaming. Dogs Barking. Need I go on? Thunder is nice because if it is thundering out all that other noise usually isn't an issue. Another reason to dislike summer. During Winter kids have school and are less likely to be outside playing and are thus far less likely to be waking me up during at least half of my sleep hours.

I don't have to worry about any noise like that besides a little traffic on the main road every now and then, but I can see your point. I'd hate all that noise too.

I still don't think either of these silhouettes is Camilla. I'm going to leave my guesses at Linde and Palla. Tana and Innes were the previous two, and they're from the same game, and Linde and Palla are from the same game too, so it would also make a pattern.

10 hours ago, Anacybele said:

This game still makes a ton of money though. Having a 50/50 gender ratio often hasn't been detrimental to profits or anything.

Making "some" money isn't the case. Making the most IS. Like it or not. fanservice of male characters may sell some, but not nearly as much as waifus. It's a shilling tale as old as business time. And since a majority of this game's profits come from whales, then whales are who they'll cater to in order to maximize profits. It's not a matter of need, but one of greed.

10 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

I wonder if any of the other gacha games gets the same complaint about this.

I think the issue with FEH as compared to other gacha games is expectations. Take F/GO for example. The gender ratio of characters, before taking alts into consideration, doesn't have as big a gap between female and male characters than most people think. Due to the series' reliance on history for the basis of characters designs and personalities, before injecting a heavy dose of creative liberties, a good majority of historical and otherwise important figures are male. A good number of them were gender flipped for the purpose of fanservice, with an unstated but plausible handwave that it also helps to close that ratio gap. Female characters just happen to get a large majority of attention as far as alts and such, and nobody is surprised to see that. It's a completely regular thing that has existed since the game's beginning. Meanwhile, if they were to suddenly give a bunch of alts to males, then the sheer improbability of it would create such a chaotic rift in the space time continuum that it would cause a singularity stronger than even Solomon's.

Now returning to FEH, we've gotten plenty of male alts before. Not including the Brides, the ratio was a dead even 50:50 all the way up to New Year's. Heck, the very next banner after that bumped up the ratio to slightly favor the males. The problem started when that ratio started to gradually fall off. Hard. The second Spring banner was the first offender, but because it was only one instance than it wasn't such a big deal as there was nothing else indicating a future pattern. Then the second Brides banner came. I'll be honest, I was hoping for grooms to make up for the lack of them the previous season, but seeing as there would be 0 females in that, it felt very unlikely, so instead I was wondering if we would get a 50:50 split this time around as a compromise. Then we got another 3:1 ratio of females to males, with Marth being a limited merge unit, who was likely included to shut up the fanbase about him not getting an alt, but even then it's a pretty half-assed way of making up for things. And THEN the first Summer banner of the second year hit, which is when we officially reached a slippery slope. They decided to fix something that wasn't broken in the first place in order to make more money.

The only possible redeeming factor at this point may very well be feedback reports. IS has already shown that they're not completely above changing/fixing/improving things for general Quality of Life for the players.

Edited by Kurrin