Special Heroes: Summer Banner #2 Video Posted!

Anacybele

Just now, Kurrin said:

Making "some" money isn't the case. Making the most IS. Fanservice of male characters may sell some, but not nearly as much as waifus. It's a shilling tale as old as business time. And since a majority of this game's profits come from whales, then whales are who they'll cater to in order to maximize profits. It's not a matter of need, but one of greed.

Then I guess they better be prepared to lose some players. I don't want to play if I end up getting bored of seeing the same thing over and over, meaning so many females instead of more gender variety.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting the seasonal sub-conversation within this seasonal topic.

Now that I think about it, I'm not even sure if there is a season I really like any more than the rest. Summer can be too hot and humid. Winter is too cold and dark. Autumn is a prelude to Winter, Spring tends to be not as warm as I'd like and yet Summer is too hot. Each is problematic, and so is staying inside a climate controlled building. *Sigh* I need a greenhouse, that might be better.

8 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Alfonse looked so cringey with his bulge and outfit. IMO, how to not do a male seasonal

I was a little hyped when I heard about that, but when I saw it, it was terrible and ugly, ugh. Much better ways of going about things than that. Spring as a whole is gaudy and aesthetically poor. Rather they dump the bunny suit theme completely and go with something less Easter meets Playboy.

Oh yeah the shorter days are another reason I don't like winter and prefer summer. I'm a daytime person, so longer nights are ugh to me.

Btw, I suppose I can deal with banners that are three females and one male. Because I mean, at least males are coming at all. I would still prefer it to be 50/50 gender ratio, but I could still live with three females and one male.

Also there are still males who'd be very profitable! Ike doesn't have a single seasonal and he's the most popular male. People would so whale for him.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then I guess they better be prepared to lose some players. I don't want to play if I end up getting bored of seeing the same thing over and over, meaning so many females instead of more gender variety.

That's exactly it is, the  loss of female minnows can't compare to more male whales. It's not like I can tell of many successful games with obvious female baits, other than Touken Ranbu, Final Fantasy come to mind. 

Can't stand the heat so I like Winter best. Also it's nice and dark so you can actually get some sleep before 2am.

I consider summer banners fodder really. Not around enough to get enough merges if you're f2p and don't save for months on end. Plus most characters I'd want on a summer banner have little to no chance of making it on.

3 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

If it bothers you you should send in feedback

I do. But one person can't make a difference. A bunch of other players need to send in the same feedback too. IS isn't going to listen to just ONE fan.

I have no idea why people let the gender ratio thing bother them at all, especially when it comes to the fanservicey cash grabs that are seasonals in general. Maybe I'm just unsympathetic given the number of gachas I've played where male characters hardly if ever get alts as opposed to Heroes getting male alts pretty consistently.

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I do. But one person can't make a difference. A bunch of other players need to send in the same feedback too. IS isn't going to listen to just ONE fan.

Well, the more feedback you send in, the bigger your chance of success!

20 minutes ago, Azure Sen said:

I have no idea why people let the gender ratio thing bother them at all, especially when it comes to the fanservicey cash grabs that are seasonals in general. Maybe I'm just unsympathetic given the number of gachas I've played where male characters hardly if ever get alts as opposed to Heroes getting male alts pretty consistently.

Yeah, I don't want to say we're lucky to get as many male alts as we do, but in a genre where female fanservice reigns supreme Heroes does a barely passable job at putting out male alts, which is more than can be said about plenty of other games. That being said, it's at the very least understandable why people would be upset with the apparent bias towards female characters.

59 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

That's exactly it is, the  loss of female minnows can't compare to more male whales. It's not like I can tell of many successful games with obvious female baits, other than Touken Ranbu, Final Fantasy come to mind. 

The only other series I could think of (even if most of it's gachas are shut down/jp only right now) is the Tales of series, as most of the most popular characters who always top their popularity polls are guys.

1 minute ago, Sophie said:

The only other series I could think of (even if most of it's gachas are shut down/jp only right now) is the Tales of series, as most of the most popular characters who always top their popularity polls are guys.

Touken Ranbu is actually a japan-only game even as we speak.... But as the  size of the fandom can tell you , it is still stupidly popular even overseas. Not to mention they almost always got new figurine of the bishie  characters every wonder festival which would be rarity for other games. 

16 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

Yeah, I don't want to say we're lucky to get as many male alts as we do, but in a genre where female fanservice reigns supreme Heroes does a barely passable job at putting out male alts, which is more than can be said about plenty of other games. That being said, it's at the very least understandable why people would be upset with the apparent bias towards female characters.

Yeah, this post exactly. And it isn't like FE lacks profitable males. Ike has no seasonal, like I mentioned before. Neither does Ephraim. They're very profitable. Roy could eventually get another seasonal too and he's popular. I'd also mention Hector, but he has a CYL version coming on top of his current three versions, so that's a bit iffy.

Reinhardt and Sigurd would probably be very profitable males too. These guys would all be more profitable than Innes anyway, I'm certain.

I could also see Soren, Ryoma, Marth, and a few other dudes making a lot of money as seasonals. I still don't get why Groom Marth was a TT unit instead of on a banner. He would've totally been a money machine.

Edited by Anacybele

32 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

I can understand it in cases like Karla where the character wasn't particularly popular or requested but was put on the banner clearly to attract whales, at least.

Also I did some number crunching, and the disparity between the number of male and female alts is 8; 39 female alts to 31 male alts. The only reason it seems like there's a large disparity is because of the bridal banners, otherwise the numbers would be about equal at 32-30. For the record, I did not count the Corrins, the Kanas, the Robins or the Morgans as alts of each other, only whatever actual alts they've gotten.

Edited by Azure Sen
forgot Fallen Celica when I was counting, whoops

Yeah, 38 to 31 isn't that bad. It also seems larger because of the recent trend of banners having three females and one male, I admit.

33 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Touken Ranbu is actually a japan-only game even as we speak.... But as the  size of the fandom can tell you , it is still stupidly popular even overseas. Not to mention they almost always got new figurine of the bishie  characters every wonder festival which would be rarity for other games. 

I know, I've played it, I only brought up Tales in that regard since one of it's gacha's shut down in all countries, and one in the US due to poor advertising for it.
I'd still put Tales pretty high up there for this type of stuff, it's most recent popularity poll only had one girl in the top 10 for the series if I remember right, and she was closer to the bottom.

Edited by Sophie

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I don't have to worry about any noise like that besides a little traffic on the main road every now and then, but I can see your point. I'd hate all that noise too.

I still don't think either of these silhouettes is Camilla. I'm going to leave my guesses at Linde and Palla. Tana and Innes were the previous two, and they're from the same game, and Linde and Palla are from the same game too, so it would also make a pattern.

I mean, just don't be shocked if the one on the right IS her. The fact that they're using the exact items she used (shape and all, even) plus that one outline example earlier that shows that it could likely fit her body type after all gives me an indication that she's can't just be dismissed. I know you hate Camilla with all your heart, soul, and agony cuz large boobs and her character portrayal and her getting another alt is among your greatest nightmares, but sometimes, you gotta brace yourself for what you view as a bad outcome.

About the only way I see myself pulling on this banner is if it has a flying healer or a dancer who is not infantry.  I am starting to get used to the female heavy banners, but it is the regular banners that annoy me since they reduced them to three units and now have to have an alt on every one if not 2 alts and it is 2 females one every banner if not all three.  The seasonal banners I can live with being waifu banners, but the regular banners not even having all new units is what drives me crazy.

As to what season I prefer I would have to say fall.  I live in the desert so summer is really tough we have had 30 days strait of over 100F degrees and it is taking its toll on every one I know (it does not help that my birthday happens to be in the hottest month and I have to be too hot to enjoy it at all).  Winter here weather wise is decent, but for some reason anything bad that can happen will happen to me in December so I don't like winter either.  

8 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

About the only way I see myself pulling on this banner is if it has a flying healer or a dancer who is not infantry.  I am starting to get used to the female heavy banners, but it is the regular banners that annoy me since they reduced them to three units and now have to have an alt on every one if not 2 alts and it is 2 females one every banner if not all three.  The seasonal banners I can live with being waifu banners, but the regular banners not even having all new units is what drives me crazy.

As to what season I prefer I would have to say fall.  I live in the desert so summer is really tough we have had 30 days strait of over 100F degrees and it is taking its toll on every one I know (it does not help that my birthday happens to be in the hottest month and I have to be too hot to enjoy it at all).  Winter here weather wise is decent, but for some reason anything bad that can happen will happen to me in December so I don't like winter either.  

I disagree, having alts on regular banners is understandable since the other characters generally need a more popular character on the same banner to sell it. Seasonals, on the other hand, provide no new units at all. Though that doesn't mean the alts in the other banners were all acceptable. For example, did Leif's banner really need to alts to sell it when he's already a lord? 

Edited by Icelerate

11 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

I mean, just don't be shocked if the one on the right IS her. The fact that they're using the exact items she used (shape and all, even) plus that one outline example earlier that shows that it could likely fit her body type after all gives me an indication that she's can't just be dismissed. I know you hate Camilla with all your heart, soul, and agony cuz large boobs and her character portrayal and her getting another alt is among your greatest nightmares, but sometimes, you gotta brace yourself for what you view as a bad outcome.

Yeah, I'm aware. I moved on from five damn Lyns, so... Though I don't dislike Lyn as much as Camilla, and it isn't even really so much because I dislike these characters, I just don't like them getting so many alts when many characters only have one alt or aren't even in the game yet in any form.

Yeah, I hate Camilla for her design and her portrayal. She could've been very interesting and well done, but they focused more on fanservice and Corrin obsessing than actual depth and development. :/

I'd like a flying healer and a horse singer myself.

With these banners you have to realise that men make up a majority of the workforce in Japan with plummeting marriage rates which means they have a lot of disposable outcome. Of course they would be the ones this game caters to.