Special Heroes: Summer Banner #2 Video Posted!

Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Kurrin said:

How is the release units ratio compared to the ratio of those added since? If memory serves (which isn't saying much on my part), the numbers of release day males were slightly greater than females. If you distinguish that in regards to the gender ratios, GHB/TT units aside, females have been favored following release. The ratio may actually be very close overall, but when you start to consider the kinds of units favored among different units categories and weigh them against each other, the imbalance is still there.

Release banner units:

• Male (43): Marth, Jagen, Cain, Abel, Draug, Gordin, Ogma, Barst, Jeorge, Merric, Wrys, Roy, Raigh, Bartre, Eliwood, Hector, Matthew, Raven, Hawkeye, Chrom, Male Robin, Frederick, Stahl, Gaius, Donnel, Lon'qu, Henry, Virion, Male Corrin, Gunter, Jakob, Ryoma, Saizo, Azama, Takumi, Hinata, Subaki, Kaze, Laslow, Leo, Odin, Niles, Arthur
  • Female (45): Caeda, Linde, Minerva, Maria, Palla, Catria, Est, Sheena, Young Tiki, Lilina, Gwendolyn, Cecilia, Clarine, Shanna, Fir, Sophia, Fae, Lyn, Serra, Florina, Nino, Lissa, Sully, Cordelia, Olivia, Tharja, Cherche, Adult Tiki, Nowi, Lucina, Female Corrin, Azura, Felicia, Kagero, Hinoka, Setsuna, Oboro, Sakura, Hana, Peri, Camilla, Selena, Beruka, Elise, Effie

That's actually slightly more female than male? Huh. I wasn't expecting that.

At release, the banner units were pretty much the whole lineup, aside from the Askr trio (1 male, 2 female). And I guess you could arguably count the initial GHB lineup (6 male, 2 female) which would put it at 50 male, 49 female.

Also, while making this, I noticed I'd incorrectly listed regular Takumi as female, so I'll have to correct that in my original post.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Lau said:

...But on the downside, I'm a bit antsy at the incoming shitstorm that will happen if it is her. I s2g if someone calls her a 'thot' or relates her to a cow in anyway, I'm gonna flip a lid. The whole 'Cowmilla' thing and calling her breasts 'udders' is very offensive to big breasted women, and it's very upsetting to me, personally.

Report 'em if they post that here, and I'll see what I should do about it (if anything).  Won't make any guarantees, but I'm quite tired of those comments, too.

2 hours ago, Kahvi said:

Now I'm imagining Wrys in a wig and bikini. Pure nightmare fuel.

One person's nightmare fuel is another person's fantasy. :P:

1 hour ago, Motendra said:

Yanno, it's all fun and games til IS trolls us by admitting that every alt ever was actually Xane in disguise

#TrollGang

That would make the banner even MORE amazing! :P:

14 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

I have a sneaking suspicion IS just wants us to think they’re both girls and turn around, it’s long haired gents: the seasonals. It’s not like that’d happen though. Right? (Calling it, the person on the right is Lucius)

Lucius/Navarre in swimwear?  I'll take it, along with some fries! :P:

---

I'd be quite amused if the person on the right was Lachesis with a fruity drink.  Or having any sort of seasonal alt for Jugdral.  Or even new characters!  But who am I kidding, there's no way they'd put Aideen in a swimsuit. . .right?

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'd be quite amused if the person on the right was Lachesis with a fruity drink.  Or having any sort of seasonal alt for Jugdral.  Or even new characters!  But who am I kidding, there's no way they'd put Aideen in a swimsuit. . .right?

She doesn't seem like the bikini kind to me. A motherly figure like her would probably go for something less risque like a one piece. Today is Tana's last day strutting one admittedly, but I think on the whole IS prefer bikinis for showing more skin I think.

This said, Edain has probably been to the beach, although they were being persecuted, I'd imagine she just had to bring the kiddies for a day of fun in the coastal sands of Issach. This being a premodern world though, the kids probably didn't have swimsuits and skinny dipped. In which case to keep the sexes from mixing, Edain probably watched Lana and Larcei along one stretch of sand, while Oifey and Shannan cared for the boys a distance away so they couldn't see each other.

For some reason, I like the idea of Shannan and Oifey playing parents to all the Issach kids (Seliph, Lana, Larcei, Ulster, Diarmuid, Lester). Not necessarily as gay dads, so much as "dads" by happenstance of fate and bonding over it in a weird way.

2 hours ago, Motendra said:

Yanno, it's all fun and games til IS trolls us by admitting that every alt ever was actually Xane in disguise

#TrollGang

No longer fun and games? Au contraire, I actually want this as canon now.

Xane fucking with everyone would be something I could see him just taking up full time after Medeus died if he learned about the outrealms.

Can't have nice things though.

I anticipate Camilla and Linde though.

Edited by Dayni

41 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Are you admitting something?

Yeah.  That there's a lot of fetishes out there.  :P:

But then again, I'd be too busy laughing at the ensuing salt to notice. . .

. . .though now that I think about it, Subaki would be hilarious in terms of the teaser image not matching reality.  We'd just need to slim him down some~! :P:

Camilla has gotten a lot of attention in Heroes already, but I'm honestly hoping it is her on this banner. I like her, and the spring version has been my most useful character since I got her, so I would like to get another version of her and maybe make an all-Camilla team (even if the other versions haven't seen much use).

...I'd have to laugh if both characters did turn out to be slender, long-haired men, though. And Lucius is one of the FE7 characters I like, so it wouldn't be too bad.

3 hours ago, Jave said:

One thing that needs to be noted is that the high number of female banner units is usually compensated by the free units which are dominantly male. Excluding the Askrs and free units that are also pullable, it goes like this:

Female:
- Robin
- Ursula
- Masked Marth
- Clarisse
- Marisa

Male:
- Narcian
- Michalis
- Navarre
- Zephiel
- Xander
- Lloyd
- Camus
- Legion
- Berkut
- Clive
- Valter
- Black Knight
- Arvis
- Arden
- Joshua
- Oliver
- NY Corrin
- Lyon
- Valentine Eliwood
- Fallen Takumi
- Saias
- Finn
- M!Kana
- Julius
- Groom Marth
- Linus
- Canas

So that's... 5 free females in comparison to 27 free males. I think they've done a good job by making the overall number of units be equal by gender, they've just made the females harder to get because they know whales will pay more for waifus than husbandos, as many have already stated.

And I'm still surprised they made Marisa a free unit, considering she's one of Magvel's highest tier waifus.

Yeah, it's nice to have these free units, but the problem here is being free means you don't get IVs unless you get the Kaze treatment, that is to say, get added to the pool later. I really wish units like Groom Marth and BK could get IVs. I'm glad Kaze did though. And a lot of these free units have been meh statwise.

Edited by Anacybele

21 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

You know, give the wyvern a break already and put Camilla on her feet?

It is a weird thing with Camilla. Some use the flight to justify her normal outfit- she doesn't need armor while in flight and it'd only hinder her. Camilla being an axe flier girl is also rather unique in FE, and axes don't have many popular reps. Camilla is also the only one to canonically ride a revenant wyvern.

There are a few issues with this though that makes it complicated. One, her lack of clothes would mean skin against scales, which would really hurt some would say. Two, revenant wyverns receive absolutely no explanation in Fates as to why they exist, like Gryphons in Awakening. And three, from what I hear, Camilla never in a single Fates conversation acknowledges her wyvern, or even names it (the FE Wiki name if one is listed is from a fanfic).

And on the contrary to needing Camilla to have a wyvern, there is the fact there are indeed other girls who ride wyverns, and often with axes. Cherche for one. Minerva her originator for two. Jill, a much beloved Tellius character, can potentially be added as an axe unit due to PoR promotion/RD base. And BR's Camilla-lite in gameplay- Scarlet. Female Wyverns on the whole sans axes, Melady is another good Minerva. Palla, Catria, Est, Caeda, Tana, and Vanessa can all go Wyvern potentially. Altena could bring the Gae Bolg as a personal. Vaida could be GHB with the Uber Spear. The only potential female wyvern who is totally devoid of popularity or uniqueness is Eda the Conless.

Going through last night's posts, I'm not sure how the thickness of someone's waist when drawn means anything considering it's no secret that artists are terrible at drawing girls with realistically widthed waists.

Also, that's most definitely a hand and not wings.

17 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Doesn't the Fate series make most historical figures female? I mean, just looking up Nero Claudius, the only Fate character I know, and the first 10 images I see are 2 bust statues of the actual dude, and the rest Nero from Fates.

Yeah it seems to.  The most famous one being King Arthur made into a cute blond hottie named Saber.  I guess the gender bending gets peoples juices flowing?  I guess that is a popular fetish.  I wonder if they ever gender bend the other way?  Probably not as that isn't nearly as popular.

18 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Ew, even I would complain about guys in thongs. Those just look terribad to me. Though I'm asexual, so I don't care about emphasized male genitals anyway...

You seem to be into guys though a lot.  Like Frederick and such, I thought asexual meant no physical/sexual attraction to either gender?   I agree that thongs look terribad, but I figure they are the equivalent to sexy bikinis on women.

18 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

I imagined people would call that progressive given what I've seen on Reddit.

They would maybe.  However not if the treatment of women/men of Heroes was swapped from the beginning.  

17 hours ago, Sunsurge said:

I'm hoping there's one male on this banner, and that he's hot in a thong. =P No, but seriously, I'd be 100% for a summer banner with all guys in skimpy bathing suits. Preferably pushing out their junk like Noire does and twisted in weird fashions to emphasize it.

You think I'm kidding, I'm not.

Ha, yeah I remember that debate.  As Noire twisting her spine and jutting out her butt and DD breasts (surgically enhanced since Awakening I guess) was considered a normal archery pose and all that.  Maybe we have a guy thrusting in a thong or something, and maybe it explodes when damaged (though you don't actually see the junk, kind of like Corrin skirt).  

17 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Will anyone complain at males revealing their junks though? Don't remember that much people feels disturbed with Alfonse's bulge, I see more hype. 

Well that was a one time occurance, I'm sure a banner with all guys in thongs with bulges would likely not be received by everyone as well.  

Favorite season.  Well all have their benefits, and I'm sure where one lives has a big effect.  If I had to pick one I'd say Autumn.  Moderate temperatures, leaves change color, Halloween my favorite holiday, generally sunny but with a crisp cool breeze.  As someone who plays sports a lot and enjoys hiking and other outdoor activities I like 50-70 degrees Farenheit ideally.  This allows strenuous hiking, exercise/sports, without overheating sweating a ton.  It is also great weather just to be outside in general.  

As for final prediction Palla and Linde.  They showed Tana and Innes last time, both from Sacred stones despite the banner featuring units from Awakening as well.  The various tracings people have done at reddit, well strong cases can be made for Palla (headband), Camilla (glass) and Azura (shoulder crest).  Palla makes the most sense, with Linde being the other, and with Catria being on the spring banner.

I also don't see what is so exciting about Camilla bikini even if she is an attractive design.  I mean a woman who always walks around wearing hardly anything, it is no big deal seeing them wearing hardly anything yet again even if it is a different outfit.  Much more exciting to see one that usually is more modest, then seeing them in a bikini is actually a big deal.  

7 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Yeah it seems to.  The most famous one being King Arthur made into a cute blond hottie named Saber.  I guess the gender bending gets peoples juices flowing?  I guess that is a popular fetish.  I wonder if they ever gender bend the other way?  Probably not as that isn't nearly as popular.

Yep!  F:GO features the Mona Lisa, better known as Leonardo Da Vinci.

Anyway. . .

Last summer gave us Leo, who was anything but the model of male fitness.  I wouldn't mind seeing some not-necessarily-ideal body types, but I think I'm the minority.

14 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

You seem to be into guys though a lot.  Like Frederick and such, I thought asexual meant no physical/sexual attraction to either gender?   I agree that thongs look terribad, but I figure they are the equivalent to sexy bikinis on women.

Asexual means you're simply not sexually attracted to anyone. You don't care about their genitals or the idea of having sex. You just want to love a person and that's it. Doesn't matter what gender you prefer.

I'm romantically attracted to guys though, and the guys I find the most physically attractive are muscular hunks like Freddy and RD Ike. But that does not mean I'd want to have sex with real guys who have those body types. And I definitely do not find male genitals attractive. A person can be asexual and still find someone to have an attractive appearance. Heck, I also think Elincia and some other females are super pretty/attractive, so...

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Yep!  F:GO features the Mona Lisa, better known as Leonardo Da Vinci.

Anyway. . .

Last summer gave us Leo, who was anything but the model of male fitness.  I wouldn't mind seeing some not-necessarily-ideal body types, but I think I'm the minority.

Hey, I'd totally whale for Summer Meg. The fact we don't even have regular Meg yet it's pretty criminal.

19 minutes ago, Jave said:

Hey, I'd totally whale for Summer Meg. The fact we don't even have regular Meg yet it's pretty criminal.

I will join you on this crusade to get the best DB member into heroes.

I think I will send that bit of feedback now, meg needs more love.

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

Report 'em if they post that here, and I'll see what I should do about it (if anything).  Won't make any guarantees, but I'm quite tired of those comments, too.

Do big breast analogies (Coconut Ammo, Nohrian Queens, Camilla's Ginnungagaps) count if they aren't meant in an insulting manor, and don't get taken as such either? Cause I'd like to not be insulting either, but damnit it's summer and most of the recent new female units are just asking for it. I think I made like 5 in this one thread alone.

I like Meg, but I wouldn't whale for her. There are other armors I want to see more, namely Tauroneo and Gatrie. Tauroneo is best armor imo!

So, since the game is going down for maintenance in about half an hour, we should get the trailer right at that point if IS doesn't want it to be leaked.

Edited by Anacybele

48 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Do big breast analogies (Coconut Ammo, Nohrian Queens, Camilla's Ginnungagaps) count if they aren't meant in an insulting manor, and don't get taken as such either? Cause I'd like to not be insulting either, but damnit it's summer and most of the recent new female units are just asking for it. I think I made like 5 in this one thread alone.

Don't be obnoxious about it.  Women are more than their breasts.

4 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Are you admitting something?

I imagine Summer Wrys being that old guy at the beach with a metal detector.

14 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I imagine Summer Wrys being that old guy at the beach with a metal detector.

While wearing a old time male swimsuit and a straw hat.