Special Heroes: Summer Banner #2 Video Posted!

Anacybele

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

Yep!  F:GO features the Mona Lisa, better known as Leonardo Da Vinci.

They turned Da Vinci into his most famed work? Well historical rumors (so not to be trusted at face value. has it he was either gay (or a pedophile), his loyal through the years pupil nicknamed Salai ("the devil") is said to have possibly been the model for this painting:

Spoiler

220px-Leonardo_da_Vinci_-_Saint_John_the

I could see this implying potential homosexuality. But as a wannabe historian, I am obliged to ignore heresy in all serious discussion. So Roman Emperor Elagabalus, Frederick II of Prussia, Richard the Lionheart, and Eleanor Roosevelt's sexualities besides that of Da Vinci's are all off limits.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

Anyway. . .

Last summer gave us Leo, who was anything but the model of male fitness.  I wouldn't mind seeing some not-necessarily-ideal body types, but I think I'm the minority.

I wouldn't call Leo unfit:

Spoiler

Displaying BtlFace_D.png

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! He is so handsome! I want! 

Leo isn't muscular, but he isn't fat either, just an average but idealized slim.

But I'm in agreement about having less-than-purely ideal body types in. Which is why I'd be so happy to have Merric in, he's a nerd so I'd expect it to be less than ideal, and it'd be particularly cute if he had a little flab, a small something to squeeze which makes him insecurely tell himself "I have to work out to impress Elice" when she thinks he is fine as is. Having a mom bod (Titania or Eyvel) and dad bod (Frederick kinda works for this- he isn't so young after all.) would also be fine for me. As would a shota to contrast the loli swimmer of Elise. Old people too could work. Open the beach to everyone!

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Do big breast analogies (Coconut Ammo, Nohrian Queens, Camilla's Ginnungagaps) count if they aren't meant in an insulting manor, and don't get taken as such either?

If you want to use the Coconut Ammo analogy, you must first pick one of the Summer males and rewrite the DK Rap entirely around their sexual appeal. And you must leave the follow lines intact:

He's the leader of the bunch, you know him well
He's finally back to kick some tail
His Coconut Gun can fire in spurts
If he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt
He's bigger, faster, and stronger too

55 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I thought Anna will be the one with the metal detector.

Why waste her time with the small stuff? She is busy in her submarine scanning the ocean floor for sunken ships loaded with the real treasure.

While I would love the idea of someone in a wetsuit scuba diving or surfing, no skin is a sin on a Summer Banner sadly.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Lau said:

The whole 'Cowmilla' thing and calling her breasts 'udders' is very offensive to big breasted women, and it's very upsetting to me, personally.

Err, I though people called Camilla, Cowmilla because of more reasons than her breasts, albeit her breasts do add to that. Like the "horns" on her Norhian crown vaguely resembling the ears of cows, the fact that's she very nurturing and cows are very nurturing to their young as well. If it were all about breasts wouldn't we have Cowgero, by that logic? She shows just as much, if not more cleavage than Camilla. 

I agree the one on the left is most definitely Linde and on the right it's obviously Summer Edelgard. ;3 Gotta get the hype train for Three Houses! 

Meh. Disappointed in all of them except Linde, of course. But also disappointed that she shares her color with Takumi. Why does every seasonal I want end up sharing a color...

Should've been Ryoma or Hinoka instead of Takumi imo, since he already got a seasonal, and a colorless one at that. Though I'd have made Ryoma and Hinoka different colors too.

Camilla didn't need to be in this. She has enough alts and already normally wears a bikini. Swimsuit version of her is pointless. Should've been Hinoka, Elincia, or practically any other female barring Tharja or Rhajat.

Tiki is cute, but meh, don't care enough about her.

I want Linde, but I wish she was a different color. At least she's on a horse though.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

The characters were the expected (except Tiki; but I guess the second Akanea character should being a female anyway, and the non Linde best choices are Shiida or Tiki xD)

Edited by Troykv

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

Is anyone else annoyed as hell about how despite how colored bows have been introduced, they have yet to make use of more colored bows?

Oh yeah, good point. Why isn't this new Takumi a colored bow, at the very least? So he doesn't have to share his color with Linde? It's not exactly IS's fault completely, but I'm getting tired of every seasonal I want to pull for sharing a color with someone else. In one case, I wanted both (that being the Askr bunnies), but otherwise, I only wanted one and not the other. It's so annoying.

But as I said, it's not entirely IS's fault, it also just kind of happened this way too. But still annoying.

That Desperation dagger looks intriguing. Camilla is a skip, I have S!Corrin already and more blue fliers is no good. Tiki looks so cute but I need to check her stats before making a choice, Takumi I wouldn't pull for but I won't mind getting him in my quest for Linde. Let's see if luck smiles upon me and I can get two Lindes to fodder one to Sakunya.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Is anyone else annoyed as hell about how despite how colored bows have been introduced, they have yet to make use of more colored bows?

Nah. I always believed those are exclusive to Legendary Heroes, although they should hurry and make a Legendary Alm that uses a Red/Blue bow.

well, I was saving my 80+ orbs for choose your legends 2 but IS knows I'm a depressed lonely male in the 18-25 age group

they sure know their demographic lol

2 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Nah. I always believed those are exclusive to Legendary Heroes, although they should hurry and make a Legendary Alm that uses a Red/Blue bow.

Maybe he's next.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, good point. Why isn't this new Takumi a colored bow, at the very least? So he doesn't have to share his color with Linde? It's not exactly IS's fault completely, but I'm getting tired of every seasonal I want to pull for sharing a color with someone else. In one case, I wanted both (that being the Askr bunnies), but otherwise, I only wanted one and not the other. It's so annoying.

But as I said, it's not entirely IS's fault, it also just kind of happened this way too. But still annoying.

What about the fact that all Takumi units are clear units? 

1 minute ago, Ginko said:

Flying Steady Breath loli Tiki !!!!

If I recall correctly, Steady Breath doesn't work on flying units.

Edited by omegaxis1

...Is it wrong to be ticked that Takumi has a second seasonal when more popular males have none?  (*cough* Ike *cough*)  Then again, more popular females are also missing seasonals, and with Tellius's luck, they would have included shirtless Zelgius (which would have been character assassination, like Sanaki's bride version).  Well, good for those who are happy about this banner!  I think this will make some people very happy from what I've seen here, and that's good.

Not gonna lie, this iso ne of the most disappointing banners yet, the only good thing is summer Y!Tiki (and our first new red dragon since launch), but aside from that, nothing of worth, I think my orbs are better spent on units that require even a sliver of creativity and are not rehashed ideas.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

Also, why do Tiki and Camilla get a full ABC kit and Linde doesn't? So lame. Also, Linde got the lamest skills too. They really shafted her here. The only thing I like about her here is her horse and her art.

And when will Tellius stop getting ignored for seasonals? The very inappropriate Bride Sanaki is HARDLY enough here.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

If I recall correctly, Steady Breath doesn't work on flying units.

Read her weapon skill carefully and you will undersatnd what I mean.

Edited by Ginko

...Tiki, huh.

I wasn't expecting Tiki. I guess there are two units I have to try for now. I want to run Tiki Emblem.

Linde would be nice too, but I don't really care about Takumi, so if they share a color I won't be too bothered if I don't get her. Mostly I want Tiki and Camilla. I'm looking forward to this banner now.