Special Heroes: Summer Banner #2 Video Posted!

Anacybele

26 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

FGrima has some better competition, then again she was never a spectacular unit to begin with. 

Honestly, female Grima is arguably the worst Dragon in Heroes. Ironic considering her male counterpart is arguably the best Dragon in Heroes.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I genuinely want Camilla and this surprises me. Her art's actually really pretty, an her spread looks very nice too! I do sort of wish she was green since that's one color I don't have a mage flier for but I'm definitely going to pull her. Might end up swapping Ninian with her if I pull one with a good nature (so naturally I won't pull her at all lol).

Side note daaaaang Camilla emblem is also flier emblem and is pretty dang balanced too!

Ugh, I hate this. Zero orbs and the banner features 3 Fe girls that I love. They all seem to be solid units and the inheritable weapons this time around are insane. What's done is done I suppose. Linde and Tiki in particular are adorable.

3 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Honestly, female Grima is arguably the worst Dragon in Heroes.

Not really. Her role is just completely different from all other dragons.

Female Grima's stat spread and skill availability pretty much means she's there to fill whatever hole your team has since she can be built to pretty much counter anything (other than dragon-effective weapons), just not everything at once.

9 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Is the dragonstone actually a Popsicle here?

Maybe it's a kind of dragonstone where consuming it allows manaketes to shift at will temporarily?

lets test it on humans so we can get that dragon lyn alt

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Not really. Her role is just completely different from all other dragons.

Female Grima's stat spread and skill availability pretty much means she's there to fill whatever hole your team has since she can be built to pretty much counter anything (other than dragon-effective weapons), just not everything at once.

To be honest I don’t think she’s a bad unit, just a bad dragon. She’s great on flier teams but not really great on Dragon emblem. Plus she has 3 weaknesses(dragon effective weapons, raven tomes and bows) and while she has the skills to get rid of two of the weaknesses, she has to give up the A and B skill slots which are really important.

Edited by Water Mage

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oh god.

Oh god.

Oh god.

Technically speaking, she is just sucking/licking her own power (assuming she didn't get the stone from somebody else, it being a popsicle means she maybe took it from a friendly ice dragon). While Child Tiki is a fragile creature whose mind and body could easily be crushed by the weight of her own immense power, a little absorption of it via the digestive tract must be bearable for her.

This banner is lacking on so many parts. The only thing with potential is Tikis breath as an alternativ for FGrima. And mybe camillas tome for some mages.

Desperation on the biw is useless (Firesweep) and on the Dagger its ehh at best, none if the dagger units will be able to one shot a whale opponent with it.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Technically speaking, she is just sucking/licking her own power (assuming she didn't get the stone from somebody else, it being a popsicle means she maybe took it from a friendly ice dragon). While Child Tiki is a fragile creature whose mind and body could easily be crushed by the weight of her own immense power, a little absorption of it via the digestive tract must be bearable for her.

I feel that could be a plot in a future Fire Emblem game. Where Humans consume dragon stones to gain power to take on armies. But that makes the degeneration process faster. So the villain the trying to find a work around the issue.

13 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

To be honest I don’t she’s a bad unit, just a bad dragon.

The thing is you're defining "dragon" as a role when it really isn't. Having a breath weapon doesn't force you into a specific role any more than having a horse mount does or having a ranged weapon does.

She’s great on flier teams but not really great on Dragon emblem.

How so? She has access to Hone Dragons and Fortify Dragons, which is the primary requisite. Unlike most other dragons, she can provide Guidance support. Being colorless means she can cover for any other member of the party if they become debilitated. Her Spd stat is the highest among breath users (and doesn't come with an abysmal Atk stat), which lets her perform roles that the others cannot.

Plus she has 3 weaknesses(dragon effective weapons, raven tomes and bows) and while she has the skills to get rid of two of the A and B skill slots which are really important.

Her default A skill eliminates the last one and is an actually functional skill (unlike Iote's Shield). Being weak to Litrraven isn't exactly any worse than being weak to one color, especially considering that Litrraven is less common than any one color is.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

IT MELTS.

Edited by Ice Dragon

31 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Honestly, female Grima is arguably the worst Dragon in Heroes. Ironic considering her male counterpart is arguably the best Dragon in Heroes.

The thing with Corrin is that she really want to be offensive, but her kit suggests she be defensive. Colorless is excellent for offense because there’s no color disadvantages, but crappy for defense because there’s no color advantages which are somewhat key for tanking. Most dragons are tanks so all you do is plop on Steady/Warding Breath, QR3, Aether and call it a day. Grima can’t use Breaths and she doesn’t need QR3, so she’s already kinda awkward. I say she’s better than Corrin at least, because she is a flyer can provide some utility and offensive potential. Just a shame she can’t really wall effectively.

"This is a nice swimsuit but...am I here to swim...?"

No. Now show us yer boobs damaged artwork

1 hour ago, NoirCore said:

I'd be even mote of a jerk if I randomly said "I'll go for Camilla, she's got a pretty design and she's better than Ryoma imo" despite Ryoma being uninvolved.

Hey, you lay the hell off my waifu Ryoma

13 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

kinshi takumi... finally... time to burn the 13 100 USD google play cards I have been stashed.. best boy  deserved the best... 

I initially read that as  $13100 Google Play credit. :o

Tikis new breath is excellent for FGrima in my eyes if you just want to tackle melees. Built in Steady breath & a refine + her personal ASlot synergyzed well with it and turn her into a mixed phase close combat unit.

Dont think its good paired with distant counter because it lacks the ability to target the weaker stat. 

Thinking about pulling a Tiki and giving it to her with a spd refine. combines well with a windsweep built and give her 2 smoke skills hmmmmmm

Edited by Hilda

10 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

The thing with Corrin is that she really want to be offensive, but her kit suggests she be defensive.

Doesn't stop you from throwing on Flametongue+ [Spd] and Life and Death 3 (or Atk/Spd Push 3) and watching the fireworks because holy crap her player-phase numbers are amazing.

6 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Tikis new breath is excellent for FGrima in my eyes if you just want to tackle melees. Built in Steady breath & a refine + her personal ASlot synergyzed well with it and turn her into a mixed phase close combat unit.

Dont think its good paired with distant counter because it lacks the ability to target the weaker stat. 

Thinking about pulling a Tiki and giving it to her with a spd refine. combines well with a windsweep built and give her 2 smoke skills hmmmmmm

As best as I can tell, it's neither inheritable nor refinable.

Kind of annoyed that it’s not a Hoshidan Summer Banner, but at least they put Takumi. Linde seems the most interesting, since I have only 3 viable Daggers, and I love her in Warriors, but knowing my luck, I’ll be pity broke by Kinshi Takumi.

13 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

So we now have confirmation of one other alt, that being Kinshi Sakura.

Flying Staff finally?

Posted this same theory. I doubt she'll be in Halloween again, so I'm leaning towards Winter. We'll probably see a seasonal Elise for Halloween. I'll die if it turns out she's a flying Fairy healer...

I kinda want to pull a Tiki from this banner, just to have one around. I'll have to see how the next "New Power" one plays out (assuming there will be one), though.

~

17 minutes ago, Hilda said:

She seems to perform well enough without it. One-round Ignis (or up to 2x Moonbow/Glimmer) probably helps a lot. At the very least, it gives her the option to actually counterattack them.

Edited by LordFrigid

No Summer Raven and Lucius/10. Sooooo glad that Merric's not on this banner. My orbs are safe. I knew the odds of it happening were pretty low, but I got a little scared there for a second when I saw Linde in the teaser. That being said, everyone looks good, but I don't need them. I do like the new movement types however. ...I just wish they weren't seasonal. A lot of these guys would be great additions to the regular pool. Having a dagger cavalry unit would be fun. Not sure what I wanna do for my free pull quite yet. Probably colorless since I wouldn't mind either Linde or Takumi.

I enjoy Takumi's damaged art. There's just something oddly satisfying about tied up hair suddenly falling down. 

I'm really surprised that Tiki is better than F!Grima (who is a legendary hero) in every stat (except HP). I'd pull for her if she would be able to use Galeforce. 

I'll give Takumi a shot or two, since I lack a bow flier. 

A little disappointing they give additional alts to three of the characters with already three versions of themselves. 

I must admit this is a very disappointing banner for me. This'll be the fourth Takumi and Camilla, yet many Fates characters don't have a single one. I also personally don't really care about Linde or young Tiki at all, so I might skip this one unless they're gosh diggity darn good or have some good skills.

Super happy for people who care more about Archanea though. I know a lot of people got very excited over Linde.

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

49 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

The thing with Corrin is that she really want to be offensive, but her kit suggests she be defensive. Colorless is excellent for offense because there’s no color disadvantages, but crappy for defense because there’s no color advantages which are somewhat key for tanking. Most dragons are tanks so all you do is plop on Steady/Warding Breath, QR3, Aether and call it a day. Grima can’t use Breaths and she doesn’t need QR3, so she’s already kinda awkward. I say she’s better than Corrin at least, because she is a flyer can provide some utility and offensive potential. Just a shame she can’t really wall effectively.

As someone who uses F!Grima a lot, her biggest strengths come from being Colorless and being a flying unit. You say that being Colorless is a disadvantage for tanking, but I disagree. Lacking of Weapon triangle means can handle the Likes of Hector, W!Tharja, and Nowi, something that other dragons can't handle in one slot; she only has to worry about Raven tomes and Anti-Dragon Weaponry. Access to Dragonskin eliminates her flying weakness and provides her bulk during enemy phase, which leads her to her biggest niche: A dedicated Archer counter on flying teams, which can also provide her buffs via Ward and Hone Fliers, which greatly improves her offense and defensive capabilities, that being said, she is reliant on these buffs, which makes her more reliant on her than Nowi or her Male Counterpart.

EDIT: Update is live.

Edited by ZeManaphy