Special Heroes: Summer Banner #2 Video Posted!

Anacybele

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, summer banner number four is here and now there is another Linde that I will probably not get since I am still missing her normal variant. I am kind of tempted to pull red and colorless orbs; colorless because I wouldn't mind either Linde or Takumi and red orbs for the new Tiki plus maybe I will finally get another A!Tiki that I need to +10 her and red just has plenty of good fodder units for skills. At the same time though I already have 300 orbs but I would really like to keep saving orbs for future banners. Oh, decisions decisions...

Also, I find it funny that Takumi and Camilla keep showing up on banners together.

3 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Honestly, female Grima is arguably the worst Dragon in Heroes. Ironic considering her male counterpart is arguably the best Dragon in Heroes.

That is totally dependent on play style preferences and team composition, so FV!Robin is definitely not the worst dragon. For me FV!Robin is arguably one of the better tanks for Rival Domains/Grand Conquest due to being a flying colorless Spd tank.

2 hours ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Colorless is excellent for offense because there’s no color disadvantages, but crappy for defense because there’s no color advantages which are somewhat key for tanking. Most dragons are tanks so all you do is plop on Steady/Warding Breath, QR3, Aether and call it a day. Grima can’t use Breaths and she doesn’t need QR3, so she’s already kinda awkward. I say she’s better than Corrin at least, because she is a flyer can provide some utility and offensive potential. Just a shame she can’t really wall effectively.

As a Spd tank, being colorless is not as detrimental since she is not likely to be doubled. Having a color is much more important for Def/Res tanks since they are more likely to be doubled, as they can reduce each hit by 20% against the right color. As a Spd tank, FV!Robin can more easily forgo that 20% damage reduction since she is not as likely to be hit twice. Being colorless is also pretty useful for a Spd tank since it means she can tank all colors effectively.

As an Enemy Phase unit, FV!Robin absolutely needs Quick Riposte to double faster enemies. For an Enemy Phase unit to forgo Quick Riposte, they either need 55+ Spd to double most enemies naturally or 75+ Atk to kills things in one shot with Vantage, and that is only for +0 merges. For reference, Karla herself can reach 52 Spd via +Spd, Life and Death, and Speed +3.

And F!Corrin is not that bad either with Steady Breath/Warding Breath to increase her damage output.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

Posted this same theory. I doubt she'll be in Halloween again, so I'm leaning towards Winter. We'll probably see a seasonal Elise for Halloween. I'll die if it turns out she's a flying Fairy healer...

Performing Arts was a non-seasonal limited banner, so we can always hope for something there, as well. They did well to make sure one of their limited banners could have whatever theme they want.

54 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I'm really surprised that Tiki is better than F!Grima (who is a legendary hero) in every stat (except HP). I'd pull for her if she would be able to use Galeforce. 

Trainee privilege.

I find it pretty amusing that after finally getting Summer Tiki yesterday they realease another Summer Tiki right afterwards. Ah well.

Not liking Linde sharing focus with Takumi that much though.

All in all I find this banner a bit meh.

Linde: nice. New classes are always good. Her art is a little bit too similar to her normal getup, but all in all i like it.

Tiki: Meh. Get why they added her, but its not a unit I'd pull for.

Camilla: BORING!

Takumi: Another repeat, but i'll be giving him an ok since at least he's a male in a special class which I did't expect seeing.

Well.... there go all my orbs. Takumi is and has always been a must have unit for me. I have Kinoka too, but I don't care. He looks so cute... And now three out of four Hoshidans have a Kinshi alt. I'm still all shocked really. Hope I don't have to spend all of my 300 orbs to get him. And that Linde doesn't pity break me ugh...

Also Tiki is mad adorable and I want her too, but Takumi is top priority.

Takumi's swimsuit is a different one of his DLC, and just to give him a quote? Uh Lol, totally not expecting that

Oh hell, say hello to my future army of healers, Niles and daggers feathers I don't need. Rip me, not gonna summon Takumi I can see it... Gonna pray for the legendary banner with him not taking that much time to come

I'm not even angry, just really sad. The banner is not only blatant pandering but also really lazy. I suppose it's kinda nice that they have mounts but… Takumi? Really? Only way they could've chosen a safer option would've been to go with Chrom again. And really, you gave him a bow again? I mean, I like Takumi but this just makes me not want to bother with the banner at all.

15 hours ago, Kurrin said:

I think the issue with FEH as compared to other gacha games is expectations. Take F/GO for example. The gender ratio of characters, before taking alts into consideration, doesn't have as big a gap between female and male characters than most people think. Due to the series' reliance on history for the basis of characters designs and personalities, before injecting a heavy dose of creative liberties, a good majority of historical and otherwise important figures are male. A good number of them were gender flipped for the purpose of fanservice, with an unstated but plausible handwave that it also helps to close that ratio gap. Female characters just happen to get a large majority of attention as far as alts and such, and nobody is surprised to see that. It's a completely regular thing that has existed since the game's beginning. Meanwhile, if they were to suddenly give a bunch of alts to males, then the sheer improbability of it would create such a chaotic rift in the space time continuum that it would cause a singularity stronger than even Solomon's.

Now returning to FEH, we've gotten plenty of male alts before. Not including the Brides, the ratio was a dead even 50:50 all the way up to New Year's. Heck, the very next banner after that bumped up the ratio to slightly favor the males. The problem started when that ratio started to gradually fall off. Hard. The second Spring banner was the first offender, but because it was only one instance than it wasn't such a big deal as there was nothing else indicating a future pattern. Then the second Brides banner came. I'll be honest, I was hoping for grooms to make up for the lack of them the previous season, but seeing as there would be 0 females in that, it felt very unlikely, so instead I was wondering if we would get a 50:50 split this time around as a compromise. Then we got another 3:1 ratio of females to males, with Marth being a limited merge unit, who was likely included to shut up the fanbase about him not getting an alt, but even then it's a pretty half-assed way of making up for things. And THEN the first Summer banner of the second year hit, which is when we officially reached a slippery slope. They decided to fix something that wasn't broken in the first place in order to make more money.

The only possible redeeming factor at this point may very well be feedback reports. IS has already shown that they're not completely above changing/fixing/improving things for general Quality of Life for the players.

As detail & fascinating as that was, I'm pretty sure everyone know expectation is a major point of disappointment. Still a great a read about the male/female ratio. If anything else, you just prove Serene Forest is one of the best forums out there.

6 hours ago, Lewyn said:

They would maybe.  However not if the treatment of women/men of Heroes was swapped from the beginning. 

& They still would call that progressive if that still the case.

2 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

In regards to Tiki not having a breath attack that hits DEF or RES, I think we should wonder if its possible that Tiki's weapon is also refinable.

The majority of the seasonal weapons have been refineable so I don't why SA!Tiki would be any different. Jeez, she's going to be terrifying to deal with.

13 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

The majority of the seasonal weapons have been refineable so I don't why SA!Tiki would be any different. Jeez, she's going to be terrifying to deal with.

It's an uninheritable weapon (no "+" after its name).

The only refinable seasonal weapons have been inheritable.

No uninheritable weapon has been refinable at the time of its release other than "new power" weapons.

No weapon created after the implementation of the weapon refinery has had a change to its base effect after refining (i.e. a change that all refines share) except weapons made to match pre-refinery weapons (e.g. unrefined Harmonic Lance+ gains +1 Mt on all of its refines on top of the refine-specific effect in order to match the Wo Dao+'s stats).

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Doesn't stop you from throwing on Flametongue+ [Spd] and Life and Death 3 (or Atk/Spd Push 3) and watching the fireworks because holy crap her player-phase numbers are amazing.

As best as I can tell, it's neither inheritable nor refinable.

Well in that case i can totally pass on this banner and save my orbs!!!

42 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's an uninheritable weapon (no "+" after its name).

The only refinable seasonal weapons have been inheritable.

No uninheritable weapon has been refinable at the time of its release other than "new power" weapons.

No weapon created after the implementation of the weapon refinery has had a change to its base effect after refining (i.e. a change that all refines share) except weapons made to match pre-refinery weapons (e.g. unrefined Harmonic Lance+ gains +1 Mt on all of its refines on top of the refine-specific effect in order to match the Wo Dao+'s stats).

What if the only way to refine it is because it uses divine dew?

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

it wont be refineable. All weapons without a + are uninheritable and not refinable if they were released after the refine update

New legendary weapons being refinable would be a terrible move anyway. The system exists to help old weapons keep up with newer ones, if the newer ones were made intentionally crappy in order to waste our precious dew, that would be extraordinarily cynical. Like, EA level cynical.

Edited by Humanoid

27 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

If it uses Divine Dew, then it is by definition uninheritable, in which case this statement still stands:

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm fine with Takumi. I personally like him and he's on record as really, really wanting to go to the beach whist they managed to incorporate in his design since he's looking quite happy. 

I don't really see much room for Tiki. Elise already covered the Loli spot last year and adult Tiki covered the Tiki Spot. 

The fascination IS suddenly got for Linde confuses me a little. She didn't particularly stand out in Shadow Dragon. Sure, she got a cute design but not any more than the likes of Caeda and Palla. She got a backstory but they never did much with it but first she got in Warriors and now she gets a beach outfit. 

So, new summer banner.

Linde is a dagger horse. Really? Game's trying to get me to pull. She also has Desperation on her weapon and another Brazen.

Y!Tiki gets an alt.... of the same type. *sigh, it is a new fire dragon, right? She's also flying, has Dragon Valour (REALLY?), a breath that gives extra defence, whacks dragons and gives special cooldown on EP. She is going to be broken if that works with her stats.

Takumi gets Takumi emblem and his third bow. *sigh. He's also Flying Colourless (Well that'd be tempting if Kinoka wasn't a thing), and has a weapon like Linde's and a Wave skill for Res.

Camilla embelm is also happening. *sigh, though she's a Blue Flying Tome so it's at least viable. (ALSO COME ON, SUMMER CORRIN'S HARD ENOUGH TO GET!) She also gets the same weapon skill as Linde, has Flier Formation and Hone Fliers so she's going to likely be great. 

So, Linde has a new weapon type for horses, Y!Tiki might be crazy and Summilla seems like what I wanted out of Summer Corrin and the reason powercreep is raised as an accusation. Takumi should have gotten a green bow.

Spoiler

Also datamine is out and I AM SALTY.

Camilla has better stats than Summer Corrin. After trying for a year, of course this happens.Summer Tiki also looks really good, while Takumi and Linde also get good offensive stat spreads.

Rest of the datamine doesn't help when of the other summer units at TT two are units I wanted who I don't have, 4 are the new banner and the other is summer Gaius.

Least Neph's and Katarina's refines look neat and Spd Ploy is here as a seal.

This update is the ocean's gray waves and I am drowning in the salt.

I don't understand why they've put another Tiki on the summer banner... I think it would've been better to put her on a winter or autumn banner and have a bit of a contrast, really, but oh well.

Happy there is at least one guy, although will remain annoyed with the new ration. Seasonal banners tend to have the more interesting movement types, which all seem to go to girls now (oh look, our first dagger cavalry. Oh look, female. Oh well).

However, very, very happy to see a ranged male flier for once. It would be nice to have a tome one, really, but at least it's progress. Takumi suits being a kinshi really nicely, so I do rather hope I pull him.

That being said, two people who already have two alts apiece... I suppose Camilla was expected. Hopefully this means this is the last one she gets for a while but I suppose it has been half a year since her last. Takumi's last was a pretty bland GHB, so again... not as annoyed but still wish it could be someone different (Jeorge would have been so perfect... Although I guess he wouldn't be on a kinshi, and he's not overly popular...)

Edited by Cute Chao

5 minutes ago, NoblePink said:
Tiki's breath has adaptive damage against ranged opponents according to this correction tweet. 

I'm somewhat surprised it took them this long to notice.