Special Heroes: Summer Banner #2 Video Posted!

Anacybele

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Is anyone else annoyed as hell about how despite how colored bows have been introduced, they have yet to make use of more colored bows?

I can't name a single topic to look at, but there have been other people complaining in other topics about this. As is, Colored Bows seems to have just been a gimmick to make Regendaly Ryn extra special. Some would argue the Colored Bows that will be added will be those characters with Bows that have a element to them, like Parthia or Fujin Yumi. Yet others might say Colored Bows will inherently be inferior to non-colored ones and other weapon types.

So Cutekumi is the lone male. Well given I massively crushed when someone made a sprite of Summer him before, I'll give a nice long stare for I care later.

Still, using two characters who had swimsuits in their original games, another Tiki, and just one totally new character to being Seasonalized. While Summer 1 2018 was half-safe half "risky"- non Fates/Awakening- this one is 3/4s safe. IS just really won't risk the summer sales I guess. And here they began experimenting with the pre-Summer seasonals this year. Hopefully Halloween will go the adventurous route again.

I am also a bit annoyed that they got tiki's wings wrong, I have never seen her depicted with these more reptilian wings, she has always had feathered wings, unless she has no wings at all.

Tiki looks pretty cool as a red flying dragon, but she looks a bit too young in that design for me. (not into lolis) That and like Myrrh she seems to scream for DC, but I don't think I'd spare that for her if I got her.

Linde looks like a fun unit type to have, but she shares a color with Takumi so I'll probably have to pass.

I wonder if Takumi will just powercreep Hinoka or not. Either way, since I have Hinoka already I'm not that interested.

Camilla could have stats in the negatives across the board and I'd pull for her, but she still looks cool. I don't care if she's probably worse than Corrin, since I need her for Camilla Emblem no question.

It's nice that Camilla finally got in, she deserved it since she was the only Nohr sibling not on a banner. Another summer Tiki? Seems odd that they would do that. Linde is a cool choice. Then Takumi is all right. I won't pull for this. But, why is it three girls and one guy again? It's about time for TT again, so maybe they'll add a new male one then. Also it seems odd that they're doing the second summer banner this early. Better to get it over with though imo. Also gives me more time to stack up on orbs. I prefer it this way tbh.

I like Camilla's art.  Linde, not so much.  Tiki's interesting (though knowing my luck, she'll be -Atk), and Takumi looks amusing.  This is a good excuse to pull colorless, since I also want more merge fodder for Leon.

Well, I will admit that Takumi wouldn't be the worst pity breaker I could get while trying for Linde. So I suppose I wouldn't be upset if he did pitybreak me. He's probably better than dumb Summer Gaius anyway. I just don't like that IS seems to be completely against the idea of giving anymore Hoshidan siblings seasonal alts.

And if I have a session with no colorless, I'll pull red since Young Tiki is cute to me and much better than her older design imo.

Edited by Anacybele

Dragon VALOR? I didn't think they'd do it. Like with Staff Valor, there isn't any other related skills like Dragon EXP, Dragonbreaker, etc. Plus Tiki just looks nuts. Say goodbye to the viability of normal young tiki.

Takumi on a Kinshi. So I guess Sakura on a kinshi is pretty guaranteed, yes?

Cool character picks. I was hoping for an Archanean/Echoes character selection, but we could have had worse last year, certainly.

2 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Did Tiki's VA spend the day watching Peppa Pig?

She's always had a British accent. I don't care for it though, mainly because I just don't care for the British accent in general.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Still, using two characters who had swimsuits in their original games, another Tiki, and just one totally new character to being Seasonalized. While Summer 1 2018 was half-safe half "risky"- non Fates/Awakening- this one is 3/4s safe. IS just really won't risk the summer sales I guess. And here they began experimenting with the pre-Summer seasonals this year. Hopefully Halloween will go the adventurous route again.

this makes me sad, swimsuits is one of my favorite sleazy DLC practices and I am saddened by the fact that they are almost going out of their way to ruin it with a lack of creativity in a concept which requires little creativity to begin with. I really hope halloween is better, it and summer are the only seasonals that I really like and for them to be so safe about it is just sad to me.

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Tiki is british sounding in Warriors, and I guess they made a change in VA?

Nope. It’s still Mela Lee. The accent I find unnecessary myself, but it’s jusr a minor gripe for me.

Continued 3:1 isn't ideal, but it's better than the fears of no guy at all.

Not really a fan of the redundant seasonals, especially with repeated weapon types. Might try to grab one of the colorless units since there's two of them, but Takumi would be pretty underwhelming. Or I might just not bother, tbh.

6 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Tiki is british sounding in Warriors, and I guess they made a change in VA?

Nope. Same VA.  Mela Lee does both Young and Adult Tiki for all versions of her.
Y.Tiki has always sounded British.

If I am not wrong, their weapons have Desperation 3? That's interesting.

Also, Tiki's Summer Breath don't have the "calculates damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res"... That's something...

Edited by Diovani Bressan

My thoughts on the banner:

Linde:

Cavalry dagger is pretty interesting. Built-in Desperation is pretty nice for a dagger. Otherwise, nothing particularly special other than the new weapon-movement combination.

Linde is cute, as always, though.

Tiki:

Her weapon is great. Dragon Valor is great. I will +10 her. I don't think I have quite enough budget for it this month, but since the banner goes into next month, I can definitely find some there.

Rainbow vomit is weird, though.

Takumi:

Being a flying bow is nice, but there's literally nothing interesting in his kit. Unlike the dagger, a bow with built-in Desperation is just worse than Brave Bow despite having more damage per hit. I'm a bit disappointed otherwise.

Camilla:

I'm not sure how I feel about Desperation on a blue tome. It's nice since it does let her run another B skill, seeing as Desperation is the most common skill to run there otherwise.

I would've preferred a different color, though, since we seem to just keep getting more and more blue tomes for whatever reason.

Overall:

Why does colorless have to share between Linde and Takumi?

I'm guess there won't be anything particularly meta-shaking in this banner, either. I guess Tiki is a substitute for Myrrh in score-optimized teams, though, assuming she has Gen 2 stats and the trainee boost.

16 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Is anyone else annoyed as hell about how despite how colored bows have been introduced, they have yet to make use of more colored bows?

No, because colored bows without uninheritable weapons are literally just worse tomes.

I will pull Camilla for that drink... Maybe.

Takumi’s art bothers me, but at least he doesn’t have those sandals.

Linde is cute and unique in terms of movement type and weapon.

Tiki’s scary. She can pull Light Breath shenanigans easily due to her high Speed and Defenses. Or she could run her default set-up and that’s even scarier.

I just noticed. Camilla's summer outfit is actually more modest than what she normally wears. Wtf, IS...

She does have pretty art here though. But I feel sorry for her. She had a lot of potential to be a great, interesting character, but IS focused more on her boobs and butt and Corrin doting than her personality and backstory. Really sad.

I guess at least she actually looks fairly modest here and in her NY outfit for a change?