Special Heroes: Summer Banner #2 Video Posted!

Anacybele

48 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Linde at the beach seems a little off though, in SD, she came off as rather serious and not very open, although her text is minimal there and her circumstances don't allow her to be at ease. New Mystery's Kris convos don't do too much to dispel this appearance either, though I wouldn't call her stoic by nature, much less edgy.

Not really no. Linde is the kinda person that, even though she's been through some tough shit since Miloah died, she doesn't let it get to her. She's tough, as she herself puts it. Her conversations with Merric is what tells this, though admittedly not by much, due to how short it is. Really, in SD, the main draw is the last line in the conversation:

Linde:
“Don’t be. I’m tough like my father, too. …Let’s talk about you, Merric. And about Khadein. I’ve never been to a school before. How do they teach?”

Otherwise, its more apparent in New Mystery, where even though she does bring up her father occasionally, she doesn't focus on the fact that he was killed, unless asked.

There is her Warriors portrayal as well to make a better reference.

Edited by Motendra

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Not really no. Linde is the kinda person that, even though she's been through some tough shit since Miloah died, she doesn't let it get to her. She's tough, as she herself puts it. Her conversations with Merric is what tells this, though admittedly not by much, due to how short it is. Really, in SD, the main draw is the last line in the conversation:

Otherwise, its more apparent in New Mystery, where even though she does bring up her father occasionally, she doesn't focus on the fact that he was killed, unless asked.

I recall that last Merric as being quite friendly, and why I wouldn't call her antisocial/stoic. The line that stuck in my head more from that short conversation however was:

Linde:
“It sounds nice, I suppose. But my father was the only teacher and friend I ever needed. ……”

Not exactly warm and inviting.

Now the line between the one you've cited and I've cited is Merric pitying Linde. Which then she rejects.

Linde does open up in New Mystery, to Nyna at the very least according to the Kris convos. And then there is this, which I didn't check for earlier, but now I've noticed (from the Wind and Thunder free DLC chapter):

Linde: 
We've already talked over this. I'm an experienced mage just like you. And besides... We're friends, right? And friends always help each other.

If Linde fights

Linde: 
I won't lose. I'm fighting for my friends.

Besides the battle line making the idea of memely S-ranking IkexLinde, it is apparent that Linde does actually warm up in full after SD. The first line also emphasizes the strength she showed in the "don't pity me" quip (as does her want for personal revenge on Gharnef when recruited in SD). Although I could do without the Merric-Linde support's cliched as can be crush she develops on Merric, and that support is really about Merric and not Linde at all.

All this said, Linde still isn't outgoing, super cheerful and carefree, things which in my head I associate with characters for a Summer swimsuit banner. Her more muted personality is a clash with the crazily bursting characters of Awakening and Fates.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

...Narcian? O.o

In her Fire Emblem Warriors support with Navarre, she blesses him with the prestigious nickname of "Nar-Nar". It's the cutest thing, I tell you.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I recall that last Merric as being quite friendly, and why I wouldn't call her antisocial/stoic. The line that stuck in my head more from that short conversation however was:

Linde:
“It sounds nice, I suppose. But my father was the only teacher and friend I ever needed. ……”

Not exactly warm and inviting.

Now the line between the one you've cited and I've cited is Merric pitying Linde. Which then she rejects.

Of course, there's no denying that point. My perception stems from how it ends on a positive note, which is prolly where our differences lie.

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

All this said, Linde still isn't outgoing, super cheerful and carefree, things which in my head I associate with characters for a Summer swimsuit banner. Her more muted personality is a clash with the crazily bursting characters of Awakening and Fates.

Well, I wouldn't call her uber cheery and carefee either, nor does she have to be, given that she was alone ever since her father's passing. My point was that she's not so serious that she can't enjoy herself, along with simple pleasantries. Do recall her Warriors support with Niles, her overall portrayal in said game (if you're versed in it), along with her 2nd Kris conversation.

200 orbs got me one of each. I don’t even care what their IVs are, I’m just so happy to have managed getting all four even with a shared color.

Being so close to a complete roster I really don’t want to miss any seasonals. Tobin and New Years Camilla are my only empty roster slots as of now.

And Camilla should be on July or August’s legendary banner if I’m not mistaken.

Why is everyone arguing about Linde? :( Can we just agree that she's really cute and pretty and that her horse is equally cute and pretty? :P

I just got her too! YAY! Now I can stop with this banner and maybe throw any other orbs I get at Summer Freddy's banner again. :3

55 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why is everyone arguing about Linde? :( Can we just agree that she's really cute and pretty and that her horse is equally cute and pretty? :P

I just got her too! YAY! Now I can stop with this banner and maybe throw any other orbs I get at Summer Freddy's banner again. :3

With someone like I/O (can I call you that? Yes, no? ok...)? I've too much respect for 'em to ever call it that. I'd say a polaric discussion. No disagreements on your front tho haha

Congrats to you tho. I instead, came out with my first Genny

12 minutes ago, Motendra said:

With someone like I/O (can I call you that? Yes, no? ok...)? I've too much respect for 'em to ever call it that. I'd say a polaric discussion. No disagreements on your front tho haha

Congrats to you tho. I instead, came out with my first Genny

Heh, okay then. :P And thanks!

I just need Linde and Camilla then I'm done with this banner. Summer Young Tiki came home, and she brought my first Luke with her, god bless. I really love Luke's art and voice, I'm just...so happy! The only Archanean I need now besides seasonals is Linde. Including the seasonals and it's Summer Linde and Bride Caeda. Soon, I will have an army of fully built Archaneans, and my god, it will be beautiful!

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I want your luck. That's less than one quarter the number of orbs it takes on average.

i' m color sniping tho, once i got summer camilla and  summer baby tiki i stopped summoning blue and red and when there is no colorless i pick green to avoid pitybreaker

4 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

i' m color sniping tho, once i got summer camilla and  summer baby tiki i stopped summoning blue and red and when there is no colorless i pick green to avoid pitybreaker

I took color sniping and the probability of not getting a colorless in a session into account. To max out Takumi (and Linde at the same time) when sniping colorless, it takes on average about 2,000-2,500 orbs (wide range because back-of-napkin math).

(Yes, a +10 is actually that hard to get on a banner that shares a color.)

so here is the detailed  list of 5* i got in this banner...

+ hp - def summer baby tiki ( bad iv, i know ) 

+spd -res summer cammila ( probably one of her best IV) 

two summer lindes, one neutral one and the other is  +hp - def

11 summer takumis( which is my intentional merge projects) , their ivs are -atk + res, -hp +spd, +atk -res, -hp +res, +hp -res, +atk-spd, +spd-def, ) which should be merge base i wonder... 

pitybreakers: 

brave lucina +def-res

ryoma - def +res

jaffar neutral 

crazy haul considering it only takes 540 orbs then again i did not pass this semester's subject

Edited by DraceEmpressa

I just pulled a +atk -spd Summer Camilla....

crap...

Well, since her defensive stats are crappy at best, it won’t hurt to give her LnD from one of the Sothes I got and capitalize on her higher attack. Fury could work too to get her Desperation weapon effect and mix that with Brash Assault SS and Vantage. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

5 hours ago, Lau said:

I just need Linde and Camilla then I'm done with this banner. Summer Young Tiki came home, and she brought my first Luke with her, god bless. I really love Luke's art and voice, I'm just...so happy! The only Archanean I need now besides seasonals is Linde. Including the seasonals and it's Summer Linde and Bride Caeda. Soon, I will have an army of fully built Archaneans, and my god, it will be beautiful!

*envy intensifies*

Tho you went and built every Archanean? I need to get on your level

7 hours ago, Motendra said:

Sure, go ahead call me that, my full name is quite long. I don't mind. And thank you for the respect, I do to you the same. 

9 hours ago, Motendra said:

Do recall her Warriors support with Niles, her overall portrayal in said game (if you're versed in it), along with her 2nd Kris conversation.

I've read the Kris as I said before, and it does have genuine warmth to it, complete with Linde even being flustered a little if the male is chosen (also, interesting to know Miloah chose her clothes, not sure exactly what to think of that). But her FEW conversations I haven't seen, owing to me not having the game and SF not having any of her support scripts listed.

Still, I would have liked Linde to have a more chill companion for the summer so she doesn't stick out as much. Tiki might be of Archanea here, but she is a cheery little child, who doesn't really have anything to do with Linde. Innes and Tana are siblings; Tiki and Linde may have never said more than five words to each other in SD/NM (speaking of offscreen, onscreen there is absolutely nothing). An Archanean on a closer wavelength to her, in background and or character vibrancy level.

Takumi and Camilla- aw why should I even judge them as being too different? I sidestep around all Fates arguments by intentionally keeping myself in the dark about the characters and plot. I'm drawn to Takumi, but that is purely on a physical basis, and the very slight knowledge he is insecure, without understanding how for better or worse it manifests itself, and instead concocting my own, groundless, version of it (aka fanfic). I hereby discredit myself from the discussion that Linde is odd in the Summer banner, on grounds of myself lacking the proper knowledge and awareness to do so. 

Still, a good conversation about a nice character who isn't usually brought up for analysis. Sketchy Summer has done some good after all. Always willing to do this.

1 minute ago, DraceEmpressa said:

oh, but why? fliers can' t use flashing blade but heavy blade, they can, and inheritable speed based special isn' t a thing yet but draconic aura is? 

I ran calcs and while +Atk is better than +Spd most of the time assuming you have Hone Fliers up, it's not for either of those reasons.

His best sets optimized for first-round combat are

+10 Summer Takumi [+Atk] (Brave Bow+, Moonbow, Life and Death 3, Quickened Pulse),
+10 Summer Takumi [+Atk] (Firesweep Bow+, Moonbow, Life and Death 3, Quickened Pulse)
+10 Summer Takumi [+Spd] (Firesweep Bow+, Moonbow, Life and Death 3, Quickened Pulse)
+10 Summer Takumi [+Atk] (Slaying Bow+ [Spd], Luna, Swift Sparrow 2, Attack +3)

Takumi is apparently fast enough that Hone Fliers is all he needs to get follow-ups on enough relevant enemies that switching +Atk and +Spd on the Firesweep set only trades a dozen things he barely kills with a dozen things he barely outspeeds.

Flashing Blade and Heavy Blade are inferior to Quickened Pulse simply due to the fact that Quickened Pulse is guaranteed to get Moonbow out on the second hit.

Draconic Aura is first off inferior to Luna almost always, and both are too slow to charge up without Slaying Bow.

n

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I ran calcs and while +Atk is better than +Spd most of the time assuming you have Hone Fliers up, it's not for either of those reasons.

His best sets optimized for first-round combat are

+10 Summer Takumi [+Atk] (Brave Bow+, Moonbow, Life and Death 3, Quickened Pulse),
+10 Summer Takumi [+Atk] (Firesweep Bow+, Moonbow, Life and Death 3, Quickened Pulse)
+10 Summer Takumi [+Spd] (Firesweep Bow+, Moonbow, Life and Death 3, Quickened Pulse)
+10 Summer Takumi [+Atk] (Slaying Bow+ [Spd], Luna, Swift Sparrow 2, Attack +3)

Takumi is apparently fast enough that Hone Fliers is all he needs to get follow-ups on enough relevant enemies that switching +Atk and +Spd on the Firesweep set only trades a dozen things he barely kills with a dozen things he barely outspeeds.

Flashing Blade and Heavy Blade are inferior to Quickened Pulse simply due to the fact that Quickened Pulse is guaranteed to get Moonbow out on the second hit.

Draconic Aura is first off inferior to Luna almost always, and both are too slow to charge up without Slaying Bow.

i do plan to summoner support with him, but i don' t have faye is it still okay i use the + spd one as merge base? 

5 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

n

i do plan to summoner support with him, but i don' t have faye is it still okay i use the + spd one as merge base? 

They're like only a dozen match-ups apart from each other when running against the most absurd builds out there. A dozen match-ups is roughly about 3-4 characters, so it's probably not a big deal either way.

I personally like my speedy units to be as fast as possible simply so I can speed creep things (including future characters).

3 hours ago, Motendra said:

*envy intensifies*

Tho you went and built every Archanean? I need to get on your level

You know me, I love my Archaneans.

Have you pulled any of the new units? You can do it, I believe in you!

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Still, I would have liked Linde to have a more chill companion for the summer so she doesn't stick out as much. Tiki might be of Archanea here, but she is a cheery little child, who doesn't really have anything to do with Linde. Innes and Tana are siblings; Tiki and Linde may have never said more than five words to each other in SD/NM (speaking of offscreen, onscreen there is absolutely nothing). An Archanean on a closer wavelength to her, in background and or character vibrancy level.

Takumi and Camilla- aw why should I even judge them as being too different? I sidestep around all Fates arguments by intentionally keeping myself in the dark about the characters and plot. I'm drawn to Takumi, but that is purely on a physical basis, and the very slight knowledge he is insecure, without understanding how for better or worse it manifests itself, and instead concocting my own, groundless, version of it (aka fanfic). I hereby discredit myself from the discussion that Linde is odd in the Summer banner, on grounds of myself lacking the proper knowledge and awareness to do so. 

Still, a good conversation about a nice character who isn't usually brought up for analysis. Sketchy Summer has done some good after all. Always willing to do this.

While I agree on that front (to a degree, cause Tiki's still adorbs, regardless), as a member of the Archanean League ( @Lau #Reppin'), frankly I'm just happy to see her at all. Though going by the way it plays out, along with the silhouette picture earlier, it would seem her actual companion is Camillia, and what pairs them together is their outfits;Camilla loving hers and wanting to incorporate it into her regular attire, and Linde somehow being too distracted to fight in hers. I'll have to look back on Tiki & Takumi tho...as I only really remember "Tak-Tak"

As for Takumi and Camilla... Well, if there is one thing going for it (not the strongest, but the first that comes to mind), the two do have some level of interaction, as opposed to, say, Cordelia and Noire. That, and it adds some polarity between Hoshido and Nohr, as opposed to last year's fully Nohrian Summer, for those who care, in addition to filling a hole in the Summer Nohr Royals. 

Indeed it was. I'm not normally for for analytics, as they always seem to come out as some sort of killjoy (rather, from the ones I've seen, anyway), but this was refreshing.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

and SF not having any of her support scripts listed.

..Crap. You just reminded me that I still have a job to do. I'll be sure to let you know when they're up, but in the meantime, here it is (one I keep bringing up, anyway. Tho looking back it, it seems to end in a similar fashion to Kris's 3rd convo in New Mystery. which idk if that was intentional or not). Alternatively, there is a pinned thread in the forum with all of them in the OP, minus the DLC ones. 

5 hours ago, Lau said:

You know me, I love my Archaneans.

Have you pulled any of the new units? You can do it, I believe in you!

None at all. Summer(and most seasonals in general) units just don't like me, it seems

5 minutes ago, Motendra said:

While I agree on that front (to a degree, cause Tiki's still adorbs, regardless), as a member of the Archanean League ( @Lau #Reppin'), frankly I'm just happy to see her at all.

None at all. Summer(and most seasonals in general) units just don't like me, it seems

You're doing me proud<3

Aw noo. I'm sure you'll be able to pull them soon, especially with the TT coming up. Never give up, my friend.