Special Heroes: Summer Banner #2 Video Posted!

Anacybele

2 minutes ago, FrostyFireMage said:

With these banners you have to realise that men make up a majority of the workforce in Japan with plummeting marriage rates which means they have a lot of disposable outcome. Of course they would be the ones this game caters to.

Except Japan isn't the only country that plays this game and they're a minority when compared to the rest of the planet. The playerbase in the US alone could easily be much bigger because of how much bigger the population is in general. And even if that wasn't the case, you'd also have to count the other North and South American countries, as well as Europe and Australia and the rest of Asia.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be happy if it's Camilla. I love her design (not the armour, her hair and face in general - those gorgeous purple locks), and there's so much potential which leads to some fantastic fanfiction ideas, or just basically expanding on the Nohrian royals.

...But on the downside, I'm a bit antsy at the incoming shitstorm that will happen if it is her. I s2g if someone calls her a 'thot' or relates her to a cow in anyway, I'm gonna flip a lid. The whole 'Cowmilla' thing and calling her breasts 'udders' is very offensive to big breasted women, and it's very upsetting to me, personally.

As for favourite seasons...it's Summer and England is melting atm, I can feel myself evaporating. Don't get me wrong, I love Summer, but when it's too hot...no thank you. I love Winter too, and you can do more to prevent feeling cold. Plus, no sweat! Winter is my favourite.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Except Japan isn't the only country that plays this game and they're a minority when compared to the rest of the planet. The playerbase in the US alone could easily be much bigger because of how much bigger the population is in general. And even if that wasn't the case, you'd also have to count the other North and South American countries, as well as Europe and Australia and the rest of Asia.

You have absolutely no idea how much money single japanese males spend in these type of games. It more than makes up for the lack of players in other countries.

7 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

You have absolutely no idea how much money single japanese males spend in these type of games. It more than makes up for the lack of players in other countries.

I know of one case in particular where a Japanese player dropped the equivalent of 3000 USD trying to get 4 +10 Halloween Sakura. That's about as much as the one hardcore whale I know has spent in over two years of playing the game. The Japanese gacha market is ridiculously profitable, see also: FGO making nearly a billion off Japan alone.

1 minute ago, Michelaar said:

Oh my god guys wrys has the same wristband as the silhouette with the pina colada were getting summer wrys er mah gerd

But does Wrys also like getting caught in the rain?

8 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

To be honest, that makes the whole thing even more depressing, since the last thing those people need is yet another gacha to splurge on. But I know that pandering to them does make sense financially and one game not pandering to them isn't going to change anything. At this point, I'm just hoping things won't escalate even further and they just stop adding male characters all together.

6 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Oh my god guys wrys has the same wristband as the silhouette with the pina colada were getting summer wrys er mah gerd

Now I'm imagining Wrys in a wig and bikini. Pure nightmare fuel.

14 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

No, no, we're getting Summer Young Wrys! Back in the days where he had gorgeous flowing hair!

6 minutes ago, Lau said:

No, no, we're getting Summer Young Wrys! Back in the days where he had gorgeous flowing hair!

Oh man i need this can this whole banner be the life of Wrys please?

13 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Oh man i need this can this whole banner be the life of Wrys please?

...I hope we're stopping at present day Wrys, I don't think my heart can take playing as a gravestone...

Yanno, it's all fun and games til IS trolls us by admitting that every alt ever was actually Xane in disguise

#TrollGang

Edited by Motendra

One thing that needs to be noted is that the high number of female banner units is usually compensated by the free units which are dominantly male. Excluding the Askrs and free units that are also pullable, it goes like this:

Female:
- Robin
- Ursula
- Masked Marth
- Clarisse
- Marisa

Male:
- Narcian
- Michalis
- Navarre
- Zephiel
- Xander
- Lloyd
- Camus
- Legion
- Berkut
- Clive
- Valter
- Black Knight
- Arvis
- Arden
- Joshua
- Oliver
- NY Corrin
- Lyon
- Valentine Eliwood
- Fallen Takumi
- Saias
- Finn
- M!Kana
- Julius
- Groom Marth
- Linus
- Canas

So that's... 5 free females in comparison to 27 free males. I think they've done a good job by making the overall number of units be equal by gender, they've just made the females harder to get because they know whales will pay more for waifus than husbandos, as many have already stated.

And I'm still surprised they made Marisa a free unit, considering she's one of Magvel's highest tier waifus.

7 minutes ago, Jave said:

So that's... 5 free females in comparison to 27 free males. I think they've done a good job by making the overall number of units be equal by gender, they've just made the females harder to get because they know whales will pay more for waifus than husbandos, as many have already stated.

It's a shitty trade-off, considering most TT units aren't that great and suffer from a whole list of problems that make them much less useful compared to banner units. 

49 minutes ago, Lau said:

...But on the downside, I'm a bit antsy at the incoming shitstorm that will happen if it is her. I s2g if someone calls her a 'thot' or relates her to a cow in anyway, I'm gonna flip a lid. The whole 'Cowmilla' thing and calling her breasts 'udders' is very offensive to big breasted women, and it's very upsetting to me, personally.

I'm not sure if people currently use that nickname in a joking or insulting manner, but her being referred to that has to do with her crown that look like cow ears. That's what Kozaki and the art director of Fates joked about when it came to her design. Here's a video Stevie from LuckyCrit made concerning the topic

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, Nanima said:

It's a shitty trade-off, considering most TT units aren't that great and suffer from a whole list of problems that make them much less useful compared to banner units. 

That is complete bullshit considering the hardest content in the game can be cleared by them at 4*. 

Oh no, I can’t do Arena with them. So what? You can do every other piece of content with them. 

Hell, our latest GHB was quite the decent unit stat wise, and he came with a prf weapon capable of being refined and great skills.

Edited by Tolvir

30 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

That is complete bullshit considering the hardest content in the game can be cleared by them at 4*. 

Oh no, I can’t do Arena with them. So what? You can do every other piece of content with them. 

Hell, our latest GHB was quite the decent unit stat wise, and he came with a prf weapon capable of being refined and great skills.

The problem is less about their usability and more about the fact that they're being relegated to side units. Especially with recent banners, all the females have been getting fancy prf weapons and exclusive high demand skills. Even on the regular banners, guys have been getting shafted. Legault just got a regular inheritable weapon and despite Ares getting a ridiculously strong prf, he wasn't considered special enough to keep as 5 Star exclusive, even though Lene had an equal, if not better chance of being the demoted unit. Hell, even the recent male alts are none to special in comparison. Usefulness as units aside, Hector has standard popularity going for him and even that wasn't enough to get him out of his apparent axe armor locked state, which didn't exactly turn out to well in his favor. Reinhardt, while in any other circumstance would be a nice addition as a standalone alt of a character who they decided to give some love to, likely only got one because memes. In the case of Innes, it makes sense that he'd show up alongside Tana. It would make even more sense if he showed up with other Sacred Stone characters as the theme for the banner but then you look at Cordelia and Noire and that thought immediately goes out the window. Thematically, when compared to the initial silhouette reveals, Cordelia and Noire have no business being on the banner, but then you realize it's not a SS banner but two related units plus some random fanservice girls. The exact same thing happened with the 2018 Spring banner. And in both cases Sharena and Tana got uninheritable prf weapons while Alfonse and Innes got general inheritable ones.

Edited by Kurrin
grammar fixes

Now I'm curious about the exact breakdown.

• Regular units:
    • Banner:
      • Male (75): Marth, Jagen, Cain, Abel, Draug, Gordin, Luke, Roderick, Ogma, Barst, Jeorge, Merric, Wrys, Alm, Lukas, Gray, Boey, Saber, Leon, Sigurd, Eldigan, Seliph, Ares, Leif, Reinhardt, Roy, Raigh, Klein, Bartre, Eliwood, Hector, Matthew, Raven, Lucius, Dorcas, Karel, Hawkeye, Jaffar, Legault, Ephraim, Seth, Innes, Ike, Soren, Oscar, Sothe, Zelgius, Chrom, Male Robin, Frederick, Stahl, Gaius, Donnel, Lon'qu, Henry, Virion, Male Morgan, Male Corrin, Gunter, Jakob, Ryoma, Saizo, Azama, Takumi, Hinata, Subaki, Kaze, Laslow, Leo, Odin, Niles, Arthur, Shigure, Shiro, Siegbert
      • Female (87): Fjorm, Gunnthra, Caeda, Linde, Minerva, Maria, Palla, Catria, Est, Sheena, Young Tiki, Katarina, Athena, Faye, Clair, Celica, Mae, Genny, Mathilda, Delthea, Sonya, Tailtiu, Ayra, Lachesis, Dierdre, Julia, Lene, Ishtar, Nanna, Olwen, Lilina, Gwendolyn, Cecilia, Clarine, Shanna, Fir, Sophia, Fae, Lyn, Serra, Rebecca, Priscilla, Florina, Karla, Ninian, Nino, Eirika, Lute, Tana, Amelia, L'Arachel, Myrrh, Titania, Mist, Mia, Elincia, Nephenee, Micaiah, Sanaki, Lissa, Sully, Cordelia, Olivia, Tharja, Cherche, Adult Tiki, Nowi, Lucina, Female Morgan, Female Corrin, Azura, Felicia, Kagero, Hinoka, Setsuna, Oboro, Sakura, Hana, Peri, Camilla, Selena, Beruka, Elise, Effie, Female Kana, Rhajat, Soleil
    • Non-banner:
      • Male (25): Alfonse, Michalis, Camus, Legion, Navarre, Tobin, Clive, Berkut, Arden, Arvis, Julius, Finn, Saias, Zephiel, Narcian, Canas, Lloyd, Linus, Lyon, Valter, Joshua, Oliver, Gerome, Xander, Male Kana
      • Female (6): Sharena, Anna, Clarisse, Ursula, Marisa, Female Robin
  • Seasonal units:
    • Banner:
      • Male (16): Spring Alfonse, Valentine's Roy, Valentine's Hector, Summer Innes, Spring Chrom, Winter Chrom, Winter Robin, Summer Frederick, Summer Gaius, Halloween Henry, PA Inigo, Halloween Jakob, Spring Xander, Summer Xander, Summer Leo, PA Shigure
      • Female (29): Spring Sharena, Bride Caeda, Spring Catria, Valentine's Lilina, Bride Lyn, Valentine's Lyn, Bride Ninian, Summer Tana, Bride Sanaki, Summer Robin, Winter Lissa, Bride Cordelia, Summer Cordelia, PA Olivia, Winter Tharja, Bride Tharja, Summer Tiki, Halloween Nowi, Spring Lucina, Summer Noire, Summer Corrin, PA Azura, NY Azura, Spring Kagero, Halloween Sakura, Spring Camilla, NY Camilla, Summer Elise, Bride Charlotte
    • Non-banner:
      • Male (3): Groom Marth, Valentine's Eliwood, NY Corrin
      • Female (0): [none]
  • Non-seasonal alts:
    • Banner:
      • Male (10): Fallen Hardin, Sword Reinhardt, Brave Roy, Legendary Hector, Legendary Ephraim, Brave Ike, Legendary Ike, King Chrom, Fallen Robin, Legendary Ryoma
      • Female (9): Fallen Celica, Righteous Olwen, Brave Lyn, Legendary Lyn, Excalibur Nino, Anamnesis Eirika, Legendary Robin, Brave Lucina, Blue Sky Hinoka
    • Non-banner:
      • Male (2): Black Knight, Fallen Takumi
      • Female (1): Masked Marth

That's only 263 rather than 264 so I guess I'm missing something? Either that or I miscounted something. Well, close enough.

According to this almost-accurate tally, there's 131 male units and 132 female units. 101 of the male units are summonable, while 125 of the female units are.

BK/Zelgius and Hardin are in somewhat ambiguous territory as alt/non-alt distinctions go, but this is how I arbitrarily decided to count them. Not the most significant distinction in all this, anyway.

Edited by Othin

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

That's only 263 rather than 264 so I guess I'm missing something? Either that or I miscounted something. Well, close enough.

According to this almost-accurate tally, there's 130 male units and 133 female units. 100 of the male units are summonable, while 126 of the female units are.

BK/Zelgius and Hardin are in somewhat ambiguous territory as alt/non-alt distinctions go, but this is how I arbitrarily decided to count them. Not the most significant distinction in all this, anyway.

A virtually perfect balance gender-wise. Nice. But the summonable-unsummonable gap, while not gigantic, is noticeably wider.

Although I wouldn't consider Hardin ambiguous until the Coyote gets in when he isn't Gharnef's marionette. Since right now, we only have one of him.

3 hours ago, Azure Sen said:

I have no idea why people let the gender ratio thing bother them at all, especially when it comes to the fanservicey cash grabs that are seasonals in general. Maybe I'm just unsympathetic given the number of gachas I've played where male characters hardly if ever get alts as opposed to Heroes getting male alts pretty consistently.

Part of the reason could be that Heroes trained us into accepting its better than most gachas. There's been plenty of attention to males so far so the game then suddenly dropping that policy seems like a downgrade. 

Male units might also come off as a bit less cynical. Kagero probably got her outfit because she's a pretty girl but Alfonse likely got his bunny outfit not because he's got the typical prettyboy look but because the stuffy prince wearing a bunny suit was a funny situation. That logic was certainly there with Kagero too but her looks were arguably the bigger factor, just as Alfonse looks were probably a consideration too but not as big as his personality. Should Raigh get a beach outfit I suspect most people wouldn't say its to cater to the shota market while Elise and Sanaki do have such a stigma attached to them. 

15 minutes ago, Othin said:

Regular units:

• Banner:
    • Male (74): Marth, Jagen, Cain, Abel, Draug, Gordin, Luke, Roderick, Ogma, Barst, Jeorge, Merric, Wrys, Alm, Lukas, Gray, Boey, Saber, Leon, Sigurd, Eldigan, Seliph, Ares, Leif, Reinhardt, Roy, Raigh, Klein, Bartre, Eliwood, Hector, Matthew, Raven, Lucius, Dorcas, Karel, Hawkeye, Jaffar, Legault, Ephraim, Seth, Innes, Ike, Soren, Oscar, Sothe, Zelgius, Chrom, Male Robin, Frederick, Stahl, Gaius, Donnel, Lon'qu, Henry, Virion, Male Morgan, Male Corrin, Gunter, Jakob, Ryoma, Saizo, Azama, Hinata, Subaki, Kaze, Laslow, Leo, Odin, Niles, Arthur, Shigure, Shiro, Siegbert
    • Female (88): Fjorm, Gunnthra, Caeda, Linde, Minerva, Maria, Palla, Catria, Est, Sheena, Young Tiki, Katarina, Athena, Faye, Clair, Celica, Mae, Genny, Mathilda, Delthea, Sonya, Tailtiu, Ayra, Lachesis, Dierdre, Julia, Lene, Ishtar, Nanna, Olwen, Lilina, Gwendolyn, Cecilia, Clarine, Shanna, Fir, Sophia, Fae, Lyn, Serra, Rebecca, Priscilla, Florina, Karla, Ninian, Nino, Eirika, Lute, Tana, Amelia, L'Arachel, Myrrh, Titania, Mist, Mia, Elincia, Nephenee, Micaiah, Sanaki, Lissa, Sully, Cordelia, Olivia, Tharja, Cherche, Adult Tiki, Nowi, Lucina, Female Morgan, Female Corrin, Azura, Felicia, Kagero, Hinoka, Setsuna, Takumi, Oboro, Sakura, Hana, Peri, Camilla, Selena, Beruka, Elise, Effie, Female Kana, Rhajat, Soleil

How is the release units ratio compared to the ratio of those added since? If memory serves (which isn't saying much on my part), the numbers of release day males were slightly greater than females. If you distinguish that in regards to the gender ratios, GHB/TT units aside, females have been favored following release. The ratio may actually be very close overall, but when you start to consider the kinds of units favored among different units categories and weigh them against each other, the imbalance is still there.

I have a sneaking suspicion IS just wants us to think they’re both girls and turn around, it’s long haired gents: the seasonals. It’s not like that’d happen though. Right? (Calling it, the person on the right is Lucius)

Edited by Arcphoenix

1 minute ago, Arcphoenix said:

I have a sneaking suspicion IS just wants us to think they’re both girls and turn around, it’s long haired gents: the seasonals. It’s not like that’d happen though. Right?

Summer Lucius and Takumi with his hair down? I like it, each from a different perspective. 

Such a surprise wouldn't happen though.

15 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Doesn't necessarily have to be alcoholic.

I know that, but it makes it more interesting. I bet the cocktail is exclusive to prevent underage drinking. Delthea is too young to hit the drink.

Another thought I had. Imagine if we’re all wrong and it’s  actually an all villains banner? Not that I’d have a clue who that’d make the silhouettes. I find it would actually be a bit interesting and somewhat refreshing to see them join in on the fun the heroic Heroes are having (yes, redundancy is required in this case).

Edited by Arcphoenix