New Tempest Trial+: Sweet Dreams [Datamine]

1 minute ago, Michelaar said:

The units in those videos pretty much always use the base kits without any Skill inheritence. For your units you can just unequip some skills and voila. It's totally fine if you want to use your own units, but don't come complaining to us about ''I don't know what the developers were smoking when they made this map, it's way too hard!'' when you don't even want to look at those guides.

That doesn't solve the problem of differing stats. The versions of free units I have aren't neutral like the units in those videos.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

That doesn't solve the problem of differing stats. The versions of free units I have aren't neutral like the units in those videos.

Mine are also almost never neutral and it doesn't matter. I even have some of them be merged.

Just now, Michelaar said:

Mine are also almost never neutral and it doesn't matter. I even have some of them be merged.

It DOES matter though. Like I said, these things often cause the enemy to behave differently.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Didn't you even say before that you just refuse to collect the free neutral versions because you don't want them?

It DOES matter though. Like I said, these things often cause the enemy to behave differently.

Then use sacred seals to essentially make those banes not matter. Or if the Sacred Seal is already occupied, use the A slot. It's very easy to get around and as long as you do your best. 

Just now, Alkaid said:

Didn't you even say before that you just refuse to collect the free neutral versions because you don't want them?

Not because I don't want them, it's because I don't need them when I already have other copies.

Not because I don't want them, it's because I don't need them when I already have other copies.

Well if they don't work for you, then maybe it's time to collect some!

2 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Yeah I miscounted. 

Still, when you factor in previous merges, MM is the 2nd best repeat option after TBH. Nothing to really get angry about. 

I'm not angry at all, only a little disappointed. While I appreciate the free merge of a good and useful unit, a new unit would have been better. Especially a free seasonal unit, since Corrin and Marth are pretty useful and have good art. 

What is TBH? 

Well if they don't work for you, then maybe it's time to collect some!

...What? I just said I already have those units. I don't need anymore of them.

8 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

The units in those videos pretty much always use the base kits without any Skill inheritence. For your units you can just unequip some skills and voila. It's totally fine if you want to use your own units, but don't come complaining to us about ''I don't know what the developers were smoking when they made this map, it's way too hard!'' when you don't even want to look at those guides.

Indeed. And the logic behind expending effort to best these BHBs while balking at 42 orbs and countless more feathers that you can get by just grinding TT is simply baffling.

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I'm not angry at all, only a little disappointed. While I appreciate the free merge of a good and useful unit, a new unit would have been better. Especially a free seasonal unit, since Corrin and Marth are pretty useful and have good art. 

What is TBH? 

Should have been TBK (The Black Knight). 

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...What? I just said I already have those units. I don't need anymore of them.

You just don't listen. I'm honestly done, you can continue this  in the heroes general discussion if you like. 

You just don't listen. I'm honestly done, you can continue this  in the heroes general discussion if you like. 

...Honestly, all I'm doing is getting confused at your responses and being unable to make sense of them, so no, I'd rather not continue it.

1 minute ago, TheNiddo said:

Should have been TBK (The Black Knight). 

Yeah, BK is a pretty good free unit. Also his appearance in story maps was cool. 

I only don't see too much value in merging units, except for Arena scoring. 

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yet you do need them to follow video guides, since your current non-neutral ones won't work. So... all you have to do is collect them anyway to use for video guide stuff, and you'd be good. You lose literally nothing but a tiny bit of barracks space by keeping them around.

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I only don't see too much value in merging units, except for Arena scoring. 

They give your units more stats. +4 to all at +10.

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Yet you do need them to follow video guides, since your current non-neutral ones won't work. So... all you have to do is collect them anyway to use for video guide stuff, and you'd be good. You lose literally nothing but a tiny bit of barracks space by keeping them around.

Why when I already have them with IVs at lv. 40 and with SI? I don't want to be told that all that was a fucking waste of time and effort and resources.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why when I already have them with IVs at lv. 40 and with SI? I don't want to be told that all that was a fucking waste of time and effort and resources.

I don't understand how you don't understand. The units you already have are fine for normal stuff, but to follow the very specific f2p guides you have to match the specific IV units a guide requires , which is usually the neutral f2p units. It takes like no effort to acquire and train the freebie units that you've been refusing to collect so you'll be able to follow the guides properly. The key is right in front of you, and free, but you're just not taking it.

But we're getting off topic here..

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No one is saying that it’s a waste of time and resources. Use your built up units and then if you’re having trouble, use your neutral units and the guides available as backup

Hey, um IS remember Clive? And Tobin? And Joshua? And Marisa? And literally any other character than fucking Lyn, Camilla, Lucina, Hector, and Ike? No? I thought so...

33 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Then use sacred seals to essentially make those banes not matter. Or if the Sacred Seal is already occupied, use the A slot. It's very easy to get around and as long as you do your best. 

stop wasting your breath. you could use your time better then argueing with Anacybele about guides abd solutions to GHB or BHB battle. Unless it revolves giving out rewards on a silver plate without much thinking involved its no use... sadly

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

They give your units more stats. +4 to all at +10.

Yeah, they get slightly better stats with each merge. 

For example MM: I'll merge him to +3 because I can't do anything else with the 5* copies anyway. But I won't invest 80k feathers to make him +7 and to gain +8 stat points, because he is not in my arena team. 

Now these are scared seals! So much better than the lame ass ones we got last TT. The first one is whatever, but I’ve been waiting for Speed Ploy for ages and Flashing Blade is so awesome. Getting Masked Marth is lame, but whatever. I’m really looking forward to this.

19 minutes ago, Khid said:

No one is saying that it’s a waste of time and resources. Use your built up units and then if you’re having trouble, use your neutral units and the guides available as backup

I have trouble rather often though. So it kind of would feel like a waste if I'm only using those built up units a small percentage of the time.

I've been waiting for Spd Ploy for a long time.  Flashing Blade is also very much welcome.

At this point I'm not sure it's even worth it to rerun the other tempest characters in the same way Masked Marth has.  There's so many now, and having to wait more than a year for two merge copies isn't going to to be enough to placate fans of those characters.  They'll still be unviable in high-level arena.  I'd rather see alternative solutions like adding them to the summoning pool, or making them a part of the monthly quests that haven't been changed for more than a year now.