New Tempest Trial+: Sweet Dreams [Datamine]

Just now, Michelaar said:

I did not disagree with a certain part of your statement that you just decided to pull out of it, I disagreed with the fact that playing the TT encourages IS giving the middle finger to people who missed Tobin/Clive etc. That's like saying we all encourage gamblers to use their life savings on this game, or that we encourage terrorism by playing GTA. It makes no sense.

...What? Your response here makes zero sense to me.

I'm not saying just playing a TT at all encourages IS to give the middle finger to players like me, I'm saying playing this particular one does because it has Masked Lucina for the millionth fucking time instead of rerunning another TT unit that hasn't even been rerun.

I couldn't get Tobin last time because he was the very first TT reward and the very first TT was much harder than later ones. I had trouble scoring much, so I gave up early.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Oh ok, I dfon't agree woth you but sure.

Voting with action (or in this case inaction) is a valid tactic. One I'm not wholly confident will work, but it can't hurt to try.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You can't disagree with me. There ARE other ways to get orbs. That's a fact.

Not quite the way to approach rebuttal.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I couldn't get Tobin last time because he was the very first TT reward and the very first TT was much harder than later ones. I had trouble scoring much, so I gave up early.

Tobin was not the very first tempest reward. Tobin was the very second tempest reward.

Your hated Martha was the very first tempest reward.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I'm not saying just playing a TT at all encourages IS to give the middle finger to players like me, I'm saying playing this particular one does because it has Masked Lucina for the millionth fucking time instead of rerunning another TT unit that hasn't even been rerun.

Pardon me but I have no idea what you're talking about here. You're passing up a lot of great rewards because they rerun a particular character which I find kind of a waste and a bit of a stupid move.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Tobin was the 2nd TT reward, and yes... His TT was hard, but not that much. You could get Robin(*) in his 4* version easily by playing in easier difficulties.

(*)  It's Tobin. It was a typo.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Tobin was not the very first tempest reward. Tobin was the very second tempest reward.

Your hated Martha was the very first tempest reward.

Actually, Tobin was the first.

I only "hate" Masked Lucina because of how much she's been rerun.

2 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Pardon me but I have no idea what you're talking about here. You're passing up a lot of great rewards because they rerun a particular character which I find kind of a waste and a bit of a stupid move.

Not really passing up any great rewards, actually.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...What? Your response here makes zero sense to me.

He disagrees with a different part of your statement than you thought he disagreed with.

You said not putting Tobin in a Tempest Trial is giving a middle finger to players that like Tobin. He disagrees with this part.

You said there are other ways of getting orbs and feathers. He doesn't disagree with this part, but you thought he disagreed with this part.

1 minute ago, Michelaar said:

How exactly is this different from passing up a great character because they're in a ridiculous, overly sexual, unpleasant or otherwise combined design?

Literally Tobin was second, Masked Lucina was first. If you don't believe us look it up.

Flashing Blade, a lot of orbs, a lot of feathers, Spd Ploy aren't great rewards? Well i'll be damned!

@bethany81707 With that great character, you'd be missing out on everything they have. Skills, etc. When not playing the Tempest Trials, you miss out on Feathers, Orbs, seals, etc. See what the difference is?

Edited by Michelaar

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Nope. There are other ways to get them. And I won't encourage IS to keep giving the finger to players who missed Tobin or other early TT units.

Yeah, but Tobin sucks. Black Knight could use a re-run tho

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

You said not putting Tobin in a Tempest Trial is giving a middle finger to players that like Tobin. He disagrees with this part.

I said it gives the middle finger to players that MISSED Tobin (or other TT units). Big difference.

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Tobin was the 2nd TT reward, and yes... His TT was hard, but not that much. You could get Robin in his 4* version easily by playing in easier difficulties.

...Who was ever talking about Robin? There haven't even been any TT Robins.

1 minute ago, bethany81707 said:

How exactly is this different from passing up a great character because they're in a ridiculous, overly sexual, unpleasant or otherwise combined design?

Passing up on pulling for a character you don't like saves you orbs.

Passing up on a Tempest Trials because it rewards a character you don't like costs you orbs.

Just now, Anacybele said:

If you are going to argue a point, be ready to back it up with proof.

Come on, we all know you hate Lucina.

42 orbs are a great reward. Thousands of feathers are a great reward. Two amazing and one decent seals are a great reward.

I said it gives the middle finger to players that MISSED Tobin (or other TT units). Big difference.

I made a typo. It's Tobin, not Robin.

3 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Flashing Blade, a lot of orbs, a lot of feathers, Spd Ploy aren't great rewards? Well i'll be damned!

None of those would be useful to me at all. I don't use many Spd based characters at all. So they're not good for me. Anybody else that uses fast characters, sure, they'd be great. But I have a different play style.

3 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Yeah, but Tobin sucks. Black Knight could use a re-run tho

Yeah, but some players missed Tobin and might be completionists. I'm not a completionist, but I like Tobin enough to want him. And yeah, BK needs a rerun too.

Also, weapon refinery is a thing. IS could make Tobin more desirable by giving him a new option there.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm pretty sure he meant Tobin.

We could just fix the whole problem by adding TT units to the summoning pool.

Edited by Michelaar

None of those would be useful to me at all.

So you can't be bothered to run this Tempest Trials for an easy 42 orbs, but you can be bothered to complain about missing out on 4 orbs from an Infernal BHB that you have deemed too difficult for you to do. Okay. Sure.

5 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Yeah. With the exception of Black Knight and Joshua, which could be 4-5 stars, and the Seasonals units, which maybe appearing in Legendary Banner could be a choice, the others units could be 3-4 stars units.

Sucks that we don't get a free summer unit and the reward is Masked Marth again, but at least that means you don't have to have a seasonal to get bonus score right away I suppose.

1 hour ago, bethany81707 said:

I feel loads better about going for Tana.

That's about where the good feelings stop. What is it with the diabetes-named Tempests and being unappealing Marth reruns?

That joke is insulting to type one diabetics and is a horrid stereotype which has been proven by several studies to be not as true as healthy people who think it is funny think it is.  Just an FYI I have been a type one diabetic since I was a 3 year old and it happened because my immune system attacked the part of my pancreas that made insulin and caused that part to stop working at all.  I have been forced since the age of 3 to take shots to stay alive without them I would be dead.  

As to the TT I am happy Tana will be a bonus unit but I really detest MM and while I will merge the 5* one I will send the 4* home.  If they have to rerun a TT unit could it please be someone who has not been rerun yet, like Tobin or Clive who at least if I don't want to merge them I can use for fodder.

Edited by EricaofRenais

6 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Agreed. Just not Masked Marth, because they would be a horrid pull for anyone who doesn't like them owing to no natural skills. Mostly everyone else who isn't Seasonal or really recent, like Canas (even his stats are quite bad), yes. 

3 minutes ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

Sucks that we don't get a free summer unit and the reward is Masked Marth again, but at least that means you don't have to have a seasonal to get bonus score right away I suppose.

That's exactly what I mean on my post. And this means that I'd have more orbs to go around in trying to summon Bluemilla, or failing that, save for the Legendary Hero event on month's end.

5 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

That joke is insulting to type one diabetics and is a horrid stereotype which has been proven by several studies to be not as true as healthy people who think it is funny think it is.  Just an FYI I have been a type one diabetic since I was a 3 year old and it happened because my immune system attacked the part of my pancreas that made insulin and caused that part to stop working at all.  I have been forced since the age of 3 to take shots to stay alive without them I would be dead.  

My bad.

1 minute ago, bethany81707 said:

My bad.

It is OK it is just diabetes jokes that use stereotypes are my pet peeve and I try to let people know the difference so they don't say something like that to a type one diabetic child because when people would say jokes like that to me when I was a kid it made me really upset.