Sharena is female Link from BoTW

Junkhead

Not enough midriff/10.

An actual Zelda mode in BotW, where she had a somewhat altered playstyle compared to Link, would have been great. I think one of the reasons it never happened though was because that'd mean having Zelda possibly in nothing but her underwear, which Nintendo found to be too much.

You would also need to alter the story, but that could be managed. LoZ doesn't have too complicated a story to deal with.

Also, if Sharena = Female Link, then I have an important question, who is Nabooru? And is Anna now Tingle?

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

An actual Zelda mode in BotW, where she had a somewhat altered playstyle compared to Link, would have been great. I think one of the reasons it never happened though was because that'd mean having Zelda possibly in nothing but her underwear, which Nintendo found to be too much.

Eh, she could've worn spats and a sports bra/sleeveless shirt with an exposed midriff.  I think DBZ Xenoverse proved well enough you could give female characters undergarments that are barely sexualized.

The main reason why she isn't playable is the same reason why she wasn't playable in the past dozen-or-so Zelda games; there's a kind of dynamic they want there to be between the three holders of the Triforce pieces that might be broken if anyone but Link is made into the playable protagonist.  As such, I'd imagine she'd only be made into a playable protagonist in a spin-off, or years down the line after the main team have passed away and been replaced by people who don't care about that dynamic.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Also, if Sharena = Female Link, then I have an important question, who is Nabooru? And is Anna now Tingle?

I'd say either Tharja, Fuga, or some character from FEH that I am barely familiar with because I don't play the game would be Nabooru, and yes, Anna is Tingle.  And to that end, I hope Anna also gets a Freshly Picked Rosy Rupeeland and Balloon Trip of Love.  I'd love to see Anna just gaping stupidly at a cute boy or handsome stud, and for her main method of building relationships to be her throwing frivolous gifts at them, including suggestive gifts like moist meters.

Hm? I guess I can see it... anyone know where to find the full version of that pic?

Heh, at first I thought it would be a comparison image with Linkle.

10 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

The main reason why she isn't playable is the same reason why she wasn't playable in the past dozen-or-so Zelda games; there's a kind of dynamic they want there to be between the three holders of the Triforce pieces that might be broken if anyone but Link is made into the playable protagonist.  As such, I'd imagine she'd only be made into a playable protagonist in a spin-off, or years down the line after the main team have passed away and been replaced by people who don't care about that dynamic.

Was that after or before Linkle was also scrapped? Since I remember she was also an option for "female protagonist" in the early stages of BotW.

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Was that after or before Linkle was also scrapped? Since I remember she was also an option for "female protagonist" in the early stages of BotW.

I only know what the official stories are.  I tend to take them at their word unless they're talking about a decision that was particularly stupid/bad.  I believe it was Aonuma himself who talked about the dynamic.

And moreover, that could have just been a concept thrown out there by a newer or lower rung developer.  Early stage concepts don't mean too much in regards to the direction of the game or series.  Though I wouldn't know for sure unless I had a direct source to whatever indicated this.

That being said, I would not complain if there was a Zelda game where I could play as a female protagonist.  I think it'd be an interesting dynamic to see a girl coming to help the princess fight off a great evil.  Though this comes from a guy who generally prefers female protagonists.

Edited by Ertrick36

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think one of the reasons it never happened though was because that'd mean having Zelda possibly in nothing but her underwear, which Nintendo found to be too much.

Yeah, I think the concept of stripping a female character down to underwear and be let out into action that way might have been too much to fit an E10+ rating.  Did that with Fiora in Xenoblade Chronicles and sent her to her supposed death that way, but that game's T-rated and thus wasn't considered to be as worrisome to that game's older target audience.  

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And is Anna now Tingle?

Anna, Anna, Kooloo-Limpah!  ...Oh, great, now people aren't going to be able to get that disturbing image out of their head...

9 hours ago, shiningpikablu252 said:

Anna, Anna, Kooloo-Limpah!  ...Oh, great, now people aren't going to be able to get that disturbing image out of their head...

Are you saying you don't want Anna in tight red underwear shaking her rear almost hypnotically? (Why Hyrule Warriors?!)

9 hours ago, shiningpikablu252 said:

Yeah, I think the concept of stripping a female character down to underwear and be let out into action that way might have been too much to fit an E10+ rating.  Did that with Fiora in Xenoblade Chronicles and sent her to her supposed death that way, but that game's T-rated and thus wasn't considered to be as worrisome to that game's older target audience. 

Same here actually, didn't realize how fast armor is readily replaced in XC when it happened. Made some scenes later on a little bit weirder.

11 hours ago, Oz ♠ said:

why is she so handsome in that outfit

I could do without the headwear though, detracts more than it adds.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I could do without the headwear though, detracts more than it adds.

No, it's the headwear.

what is that little pouch thing

I love

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Are you saying you don't want Anna in tight red underwear shaking her rear almost hypnotically? (Why Hyrule Warriors?!)

Yes. I don't care about Anna.