Anti-Glimmer Movement

Junkhead

Ever since Glimmer got a cooldown reduction in Heroes, everyone and their mother is fapping to it. It's like Moonbow for hipsters, assuming you're not using Blade Tomes, or liek, Male Grima/Myrrh.

1 minute ago, Reality said:

+1

Hipsters be damned! LaD + Desperation + Moonbow and Fury+Desperation + Moonbow for everyone regardless of unit type forever!

I'm partly joking but not entirely. It's kind of overrated. If you have enough Atk to consistently do good damage out of Glimmer, what are the chances you won't kill with Moonbow? Moonbow is also better at actually fighting counter-triangle.

Moonbow is just great in general. It has a low cooldown and can do just enough extra damage to kill, hence why it's used so much. Not only that, but it can punch through high defenses (not as much as Luna, though). Glimmer on the other hand is great for sweepers or characters with a high damage output, like the aforementioned M!Grima and bladetome users. It's a shame that I never see Astra used anywhere. It has double the cooldown count as Glimmer (which can easily be mitigated by Quickened Pulse, Heavy Blade, Steady Breath, etc.), but triple the damage boost, which is a pretty nice incentive to choose Astra over Glimmer, but meh.

The way I see it, Moonbow is good against high defense units, and Glimmer is good against low defense units. Moonbow does little to no extra damage against low defense units, and Glimmer is awful against high defense units.

Oh yeah, before I forget, I just wanted to mention that people use Glimmer to be "flashy."

Moonbow is generally better in my opinion. Even Blade mages need to switch back to Moonbow if they are expected to be fighting super bulky units.

I generally reserve Glimmer for units with Triangle Adept and/or effective Weapons.

2 hours ago, Oz ♠ said:

everyone and their mother is fapping to it

There are a lot better things to fap to and the thought of my mom doing that is just disturbing.

#SorryNotSorry

The serious Heroes players may continue.

1 hour ago, indigospace said:

Moonbow is just great in general. It has a low cooldown and can do just enough extra damage to kill, hence why it's used so much. Not only that, but it can punch through high defenses (not as much as Luna, though). Glimmer on the other hand is great for sweepers or characters with a high damage output, like the aforementioned M!Grima and bladetome users. It's a shame that I never see Astra used anywhere. It has double the cooldown count as Glimmer (which can easily be mitigated by Quickened Pulse, Heavy Blade, Steady Breath, etc.), but triple the damage boost, which is a pretty nice incentive to choose Astra over Glimmer, but meh.

The way I see it, Moonbow is good against high defense units, and Glimmer is good against low defense units. Moonbow does little to no extra damage against low defense units, and Glimmer is awful against high defense units.

52 minutes ago, XRay said:

Moonbow is generally better in my opinion. Even Blade mages need to switch back to Moonbow if they are expected to be fighting super bulky units.

I generally reserve Glimmer for units with Triangle Adept and/or effective Weapons.

Thing is, if the character has low defenses, what are the chances you're not killing either way? It's the arguement I keep seeing, but then they'd have to have an absurd amount of HP for the raw Atk to not matter. I'm talking like 60+ with like 20 Def, and it still takes only 50 Atk to 2HKO that. If you have 60 Atk and you're hitting 20-30 Def/Res, you're killing them either way. You need to have an absurd amount of Atk to be able to outdamage Moonbow in most scenarios. Even something like a 70 Atk Effie on a 40 Def Hector still can't outpower what she would with Moonbow (8 Dmg vs. 12 Dmg).

I've considered Astra in a similiar scenario regarding Hector (vs. Dragon Fang & AoEs), and it's actually very feasible. She only needs to do like 10-12 Dmg (x4) to oneshot him.

10 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

There are a lot better things to fap to and the thought of my mom doing that is just disturbing.

#SorryNotSorry

The serious Heroes players may continue.

then why did you imagine it

1 hour ago, indigospace said:

Oh yeah, before I forget, I just wanted to mention that people use Glimmer to be "flashy."

Is this an actual thing? That's literally the only reason I wanted to try it out.

Edited by Oz ♠

As far as I'm concerned, the only specials that exist are Aether, Galeforce, Black Luna and Regnal Astra.

500 SP too stronk for arena

Edited by Nobody

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

As far as I'm concerned, the only specials that exist are Aether, Galeforce, Black Luna and Regnal Astra.

500 SP too stronk for arena

Yeah? Then why did your shitty +10 Nowi get oneshot by my Henry?

2 minutes ago, Oz ♠ said:

Yeah? Then why did your shitty +10 Nowi get oneshot by my Henry?

My Nowi (sadly still at +5) survives Black Lunas from +10 +atk Zelgiuses. I doubt your SHITTY Henry can kill her.

Just now, Nobody said:

My Nowi (sadly still at +5) survives Black Lunas from +10 +atk Zelgiuses. I doubt your SHITTY Henry can kill her.

Black Luna. Cute.

What I don't get is why they opted for the much inferior more literal translation of Black Luna when the localized RD name was Eclipse. 

They're certainly never going to add the actual tome by the same name, although FEH due to no misses would make it far far better than its ever been in actual FEs. That could be somewhat balanced by its inability to kill though save at 1 HP, and being locked to a real slow character or something, but how much so I'm uncertain.

19 hours ago, Oz ♠ said:

Is this an actual thing? That's literally the only reason I wanted to try it out.

If that's the only reason you wanted to try it out, then it looks like you've already found the answer for yourself, my good man.

5 minutes ago, indigospace said:

If that's the only reason you wanted to try it out, then it looks like you've already found the answer for yourself, my good man.

Not really, I was just bored and wanted to try something different.

Y'all are talking about your top tier +10 units, with useful specials, and I'm just sitting here with my +2 Astra Abel

16 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Y'all are talking about your top tier +10 units, with useful specials, and I'm just sitting here with my +2 Astra Abel

16 hours ago, Oz ♠ said:

I want you to take your Black Luna, roll it into a roll of quarters, and shove it up your-

henry.png

yeah that

"top tier".

He isn't even +10. :awesome:

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What I don't get is why they opted for the much inferior more literal translation of Black Luna when the localized RD name was Eclipse. 

Now THAT is a mystery. Black Knight/Zelgius could use more coolness (not that there was a shortage of it in the first place).