July-August Event Schedule

Summer's Arrival banner has been unkind to me so I'm more or less trying to save orbs (poor blue spawn rate, lost pity rates to +Atk/-Res OG Tana, +Def/-Spd Azura, and +Def/-Spd Summer Tana in attempting to get Summer Cordelia; no Summer Cordelia to show for my efforts).

New Power banner: probably gonna pull blue on first session and hope for Nephenee. In the event I do pull her, if she has good IVs (ie. +Spd/-Res), I'll keep her. If she has bad IVs, my +Atk/-HP Valentines Hector is going to get Wrath 3.

New Heroes: I'd probably pull only Focus colors in first session and then bail. Depending on who's on the banner.

Leo+Elise BHB: It's very likely that Camilla is the third Focus unit for the banner. This one's a skip for me - I'm not particularly interested in Leo and Camilla is not a unit I'm prioritizing to build. I'd probably pull colorless for the free summon in hopes of Nanna or an Elise with better IVs.

Distant Def: Just gonna pull blue in first session and hope for a Micaiah with better IVs (ie. +Atk/-Def) to replace my +HP/-Atk one.

LH banner: this is the banner I'm currently saving orbs for - green is looking to be the best color to snipe on once again as Legend Lyn has been confirmed and Winter Lissa is all but confirmed to appear; Winter Lissa is the only Winter 2017 seasonal unit who has yet to appear on a LH banner.

Fighter skills: If all goes well on the LH banner, I wouldn't have to pull blue and get trolled by errant Effies.

Special Heroes: I might have to skip this one and just pull Focus colors in first session.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Summer's Arrival banner has been unkind to me so I'm more or less trying to save orbs (poor blue spawn rate, lost pity rates to +Atk/-Res OG Tana, +Def/-Spd Azura, and +Def/-Spd Summer Tana in attempting to get Summer Cordelia; no Summer Cordelia to show for my efforts).

New Power banner: probably gonna pull blue on first session and hope for Nephenee. In the event I do pull her, if she has good IVs (ie. +Spd/-Res), I'll keep her. If she has bad IVs, my +Atk/-HP Valentines Hector is going to get Wrath 3.

New Heroes: I'd probably pull only Focus colors in first session and then bail. Depending on who's on the banner.

Leo+Elise BHB: It's very likely that Camilla is the third Focus unit for the banner. This one's a skip for me - I'm not particularly interested in Leo and Camilla is not a unit I'm prioritizing to build. I'd probably pull colorless for the free summon in hopes of Nanna or an Elise with better IVs.

Distant Def: Just gonna pull blue in first session and hope for a Micaiah with better IVs (ie. +Atk/-Def) to replace my +HP/-Atk one.

LH banner: this is the banner I'm currently saving orbs for - green is looking to be the best color to snipe on once again as Legend Lyn has been confirmed and Winter Lissa is all but confirmed to appear; Winter Lissa is the only Winter 2017 seasonal unit who has yet to appear on a LH banner.

Fighter skills: If all goes well on the LH banner, I wouldn't have to pull blue and get trolled by errant Effies.

Special Heroes: I might have to skip this one and just pull Focus colors in first session.

who knows, maybe they fucking finally put Xander in a Banner so people can complete him to +10. Seeing as we arent getting any old GHB reruns.

Seriously what are they doing with those old GHB units keep them at +5 or +4 eternally? I'd like to +10 my Arvis at some point...

They gotta up our orb incomes because this is too many seasonals I will never collect.

Performing Arts is the only seasonal that isn't tied to any part of the year. So I don't see an issue with them moving it to a different part of the year or going with a new theme entirely. Probably the latter. I can hear cash registers in the distance whenever somebody says the word"yukata". And the date seems appropriate for a summer festival.

2 hours ago, Lewyn said:

There are just too many banners coming one after another, just full of incredible units.  The profits must be through the roof this summer.  It is like every banner wants your orbs, it is like being a  kid in a candy store until the orbs/money runs out.  

I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.  I guess with all banners being difficult to skip, many players will have to make tough choices with what they spend their orbs on.  I guess for now unless one wants something from the summer arrival, bound battle, or new power banner the best thing is to wait for legendary banner.  Then there will be legendary, heroes with distant defense, sketchy summer, new heroes all up for summoning.  

Curious for FTP players how are you spending your orbs, what are you summoning on?  

They're good banners to be sure, but it wasn't too hard for me to identify the units that'd actually add real value to my A-teams. Legendary Ryoma, Peganino, Summer Tana, Legendary Hector and armoured Lyn/Tharja. Sadly I've only managed to get one of those so far (Nino) and the other is in progress (Tana). Have to go back to the Genealogy banner for a time where I could save orbs. So yeah, while my orb count has been pretty much nil since the start of June, it's really mostly just gone towards one thing at a time.

In the immediate future, I don't really have a plan. I might end up burning every orb I get on Tana and still not get her after all. "Fortunately" the upcoming legendary banner is likely to be less appealing than the previous one.

9 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Performing Arts is the only seasonal that isn't tied to any part of the year. So I don't see an issue with them moving it to a different part of the year or going with a new theme entirely. Probably the latter. I can hear cash registers in the distance whenever somebody says the word"yukata". And the date seems appropriate for a summer festival.

The Performing Arts banner is tied to the different Japanese festivals that involve traditional dances of some kind during autumn. It's not something most Western players would be familiar with.

Another thing about the PA banner though, is that it's only dancers and singers, and the series only has so many to use, so we'd be seeing a lot of repeat characters here if they made more new PA banners which is boring.

Edited by Anacybele

Maybe they can add musicians with the Play skill

have Nils early on even if it’s an alt. Maybe violinist Brady and bard Lewyn.

they already did fe7 and fe4 recently so this can be a taste for when they go back to those games

11 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Not Fire, that's for sure. And no Atk bonus too. I believe he/her will have RES bonus. We already have a Wind hero with RES bonus, and IS will not do 2 Fire heroes in a row. The next Legendary Hero will be or Water or Earth.

A few further things to note based on some trends:

• Elements will never go more than 2 weeks without a season. By the time this new hero releases, it WILL be water season, regardless of that hero's element.
  • For this past series of heroes (Robin, Lyn, Ryoma, Hector), the element of the following hero was matched with the newly released hero (ie: Earth/Wind season on Robin's release, then Wind/Water on Lyn's release). If they maintain this trend, the next hero will be Earth.
  • Most Legendary banners are 4 weeks apart, but every third banner is 5 weeks apart. This next hero will be 5 weeks after Hector's, which means we'll end up with 6 straight weeks of Fire season (which started the week before Hector's release). This might not be a big deal but it does seem to mix up what elements are certain to appear by the time of release.
  • I might be over-analyzing, but in the first series (Fjorm, Gunnthra, Ike, Ephraim) consisted of 17 weeks, and of the total number of seasons, Earth and Fire were behind Wind and Water by 1. The next season was Earth and Fire (Robin's release). By the time this third series rolls around, Water and Earth will have had 1 fewer season than Fire and Wind. This suggests that Earth and Water would be seasons on the next hero's launch. Earth would be out of order sequentially, meaning that if this trend holds true, the hero is Earth.
  • Since it's a new rotation of elements, there's plenty of room to surprise us, since the first series was in totally different element order compared to this past one.
  • My guess is the next hero is Earth, and your suggestion of Res makes sense enough to me, especially if it's Micaiah.
1 hour ago, Venmi said:

I'm not free to play, but my sister is, and honestly?  Not many of these banners so far have caught our eyes.  We both pulled on the legendary banner and were pleased, but not so interested in the summer heroes (or seasonals much in general).  A Tellius seasonal would have helped, if it wasn't an inappropriate Sanaki.  I'm kind of looking forward to the banner with Micaiah for some merges.  I'm just desperately hoping the new banner is Tellius, or that Micaiah is the legendary hero.  Tellius could really use...  something.  But we might be a rare case that isn't into seasonals and only really know two games.   After playing this long, new, more powerful alts just aren't that interesting.  I want new characters, and those have been in short supply.

I feel similarly about this, though at the very least it means stockpiling orbs. Micaiah is a very strong contender for the upcoming new legendary, if that helps.

6 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

construction worker

police officer

I, for one, welcome a Village People themed banner.

Just now, Humanoid said:

Conveniently Hawkeye is already in the game.

Yeah but this would be an excuse for IS to give him Dance or Sing

10 minutes ago, Johann said:

I feel similarly about this, though at the very least it means stockpiling orbs. Micaiah is a very strong contender for the upcoming new legendary, if that helps.

I hope so!  That would be great :)  They've proven they're willing to do two legendary heroes from the same game (Hector and Lynn), so there's hope.

3 minutes ago, Johann said:

Yeah but this would be an excuse for IS to give him Dance or Sing

Who else then? Dart as the sailor? Bartre as the cowboy? Moulder as the leatherman?

6 minutes ago, Venmi said:

I hope so!  That would be great :)  They've proven they're willing to do two legendary heroes from the same game (Hector and Lynn), so there's hope.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing when they announced Hector. Dunno if you've seen the thread we have where we talk about who else might appear on that banner, but I did some analysis, so maybe there are characters you or your sister are interested in that have a good chance as well.

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

Who else then? Dart as the sailor? Bartre as the cowboy? Moulder as the leatherman?

Oh, I dunno. I'm not a spokesman for FE's gay community so I dunno, but going from what my gay friends have pointed out when I've shown them FE characters, I think they'd wanna see more of guys like Xander (who was more popular in his armor than his swimsuit), Ike, and Frederick (due to his summer outfit).

Oh yeah, if the new heroes banner isn't Tellius, then I agree with those saying it should be FE6 since it's the only game that actually hasn't had a banner to itself. I'd also be interested if it has Juno. To continue my trend of always liking the oldest Pegasus sister best. :P

15 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Another thing about the PA banner though, is that it's only dancers and singers, and the series only has so many to use, so we'd be seeing a lot of repeat characters here if they made more new PA banners which is boring.

Eventually, but not immediately.

Phina, Sylvia, Lara, Larum, Elffin, Nils, and Tethys are all still missing from the game entirely. Also Laylea, if she counts. And the fact that most of them use either swords or no weapon at all means they could be easier to implement in seasonal banners than other ones, since that lets them use any weapon type. So I think future PA banners would be a great chance to add some of them.

Plus, they could add other non-dancer characters and say they just decided to join in. Inigo and Shigure do have canon justification for it, but they don't actually function as dancers in their own games, and seasonals have given characters plenty of abilities outside of canon justification anyway. (Like Ninian riding a pegasus and using magic.)

Edited by Othin

I'm sad. With this calendar. Those new regular Heroes we're getting are likely from Conquest. 

I say this because the last few chapters of Book two (8, 9 and 10) have had GHBs (and/or GHB revivals) and bound hero battles that correlate to the game each chapter featured. 

Chapter 8 featured Birthright. We got Kana (M) as a GHB unit.
Chapter 9 featured Geneology. We got Julius. I think we also got A seliph and Julia Bound hero battle.
Chapter 10 was Blazing. We got Linus (and Canas for TT) 
-

What is happening with chapter 11?

Conquest.

Leo and Elise are getting a Bound Hero Battle (It should be Xander and Elise imo, but I digress). 
On top of that, Fallen Takumi, of all things, is getting his GHB revival, which also points to conquest. 

-

As for who we are getting, I have absolutely no idea. I figured Camilla with Bolverk, but with her summer iteration being released, I don't know. (Perhaps they'll surprise us and give us a flying red tome Elise, or King Xander... (the latter would make for a better legendary hero though...).) 

For the new GHB, it's anyone's guess as well. My guesses would be Flora or Iago.

-

There's just too much evidence here to indicate otherwise... I'm crossing my fingers that i'm wrong and we get FE6 heroes instead.

@Rezzy @Arcanite @LordFrigid 

@Venmi Yeah new heroes have been in especially short supply this summer, I think we will get the banner later this month and that's it.  1 new hero banner the entire summer.  Likely with at least one alt on it, as Genealogy was the only one this year without any.  In terms of it being tempting yeah I was more speaking about power level and new move/weapon types.

20 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Summer arrival and Death blow banner were both very unkind to me.  Off focus pity breakers.  I gave up on Summer Tana, I'm sorry just like your regular stuff I'll have to hope to get you later, some time some day in a better world.  

New power, I'm going for blues cause I have the other two units.  Will pull all blues on free summon and hope for best.  

Leo Elise, I will pull all colorless on free summon as I don't have her.  However I have gotten 2 Leo both with bad natures so I'm not bothering with reds. 

Distant defense, will all greens on free summon since I don't have Rhajat.  I have the other two.

LH.  Yes this banner will be incredible.  W Lissa, L Lyn, either M Grima or LA Lilina.  I have none of those, so green will be great.  In addition L Ryoma, NY Camilla, and either Exalt Chrom or Swordhart.  I have none of those so red is great too.  Colorless I have Grima, so it depends on other two.  Blue might be Hrid, regardless new legendary hero and then I don't know what else but this could be a big win for me too.  This is what I'm saving my orbs for.  If luck is exceptional on this I may have some left over to try for Summer Y TIki or whoever is on New hero banner.

17 hours ago, Humanoid said:

They're good banners to be sure, but it wasn't too hard for me to identify the units that'd actually add real value to my A-teams. Legendary Ryoma, Peganino, Summer Tana, Legendary Hector and armoured Lyn/Tharja. Sadly I've only managed to get one of those so far (Nino) and the other is in progress (Tana). Have to go back to the Genealogy banner for a time where I could save orbs. So yeah, while my orb count has been pretty much nil since the start of June, it's really mostly just gone towards one thing at a time.

In the immediate future, I don't really have a plan. I might end up burning every orb I get on Tana and still not get her after all. "Fortunately" the upcoming legendary banner is likely to be less appealing than the previous one.

How is it with low orb count, it is really rough for me.  I had always had many saved, til the beginning of this month with legendary banner all the spending in June and going after Hardin with my final orbs.  Now I am back to 120, but it takes about that on average to summon a single focus hero.  So I have to really save and skip units I would usually pull for.  The legendary banner is a shining beacon in the darkness as even if your pull rate is bad (like it was last time for me) there is no off focus pity breakers so if you choose colors carefully you will usually end up walking away with some units you've wanted a lot.  Something that is not always the case with other banners.

On 7/11/2018 at 3:10 PM, Ice Dragon said:

Effie in a tank top, overalls, and a hard hat with a pickaxe would be pretty awesome, though.

...I am very much a fan of this idea.

As for the new heroes I'd like it to be Tellius, but Binding Blade needs it more at this point. If it does end up being a Conquest banner though can we finally get Charlotte please? Her seasonal variant showed up over a year ago; it's about time her regular version did too (and seeing as she's an axe user that could bring us one of the axe types we're missing...).

The next new GHB will have reinforcements prolly. Since the start if book 2 we have gone from no reinforcement —> with —> withiu and so on

Cant wait i love those harder reinforcement GHB <3

6 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I'm sad. With this calendar. Those new regular Heroes we're getting are likely from Conquest. 

I say this because the last few chapters of Book two (8, 9 and 10) have had GHBs (and/or GHB revivals) and bound hero battles that correlate to the game each chapter featured. 

Chapter 9 featured Geneology. We got Julius. I think we also got A seliph and Julia Bound hero battle.
-

Conquest.

Leo and Elise are getting a Bound Hero Battle (It should be Xander and Elise imo, but I digress). 
On top of that, Fallen Takumi, of all things, is getting his GHB revival, which also points to conquest. 

-

As for who we are getting, I have absolutely no idea. I figured Camilla with Bolverk, but with her summer iteration being released, I don't know. (Perhaps they'll surprise us and give us a flying red tome Elise, or King Xander... (the latter would make for a better legendary hero though...).) 

For the new GHB, it's anyone's guess as well. My guesses would be Flora or Iago.

-

There's just too much evidence here to indicate otherwise... I'm crossing my fingers that i'm wrong and we get FE6 heroes instead.

It seems there's some correlation, but not always.  If it's Conquest, we really need Daddy Garon.  It's odd that so many primary antagonists are still missing, a year and a half into the game.

8 hours ago, Rezzy said:

It seems there's some correlation, but not always.  If it's Conquest, we really need Daddy Garon.  It's odd that so many primary antagonists are still missing, a year and a half into the game.

Or Iago. I can see IS doing Iago first. Garon would be a Armored Axe unit, or maybe a Armored Dragon or Armored Slime.  Iago would be a infantry red or blue tome user.

I want to know if we will have Veronica before CYL 2... she could be a GHB unit...

19 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

-

Conquest.

-

-

At this point all I Im really looking for is Nowi merges. Right now she's +6 and I have 2 more, so I only need another 2

They're milking fates as much as possible nyeheyehey

I just want Kliff to be in the game but I know it's never happening