I want to grow my hair

Junkhead

Like, really grow my hair. When people think about a guy with long hair, it's barely even neck length. I want to grow it down my waist, someday. It's somewhat of a farfetched idea, and that's a lot to go through in terms of patience and doing so properly (and not the hippie mess people seem to assume it is, when you mention it).

I actually had fairly long hair over 5 years ago, so I know at least half of the struggle. I think it reached somewhere around my upper back.

also the dude from Skid Row is kind of an inspiration

Like, damn.

Bro, hair that long takes friggin forever to wash, your gonna use shampoo sooo friggin fast, also if you don't condition it enough it will get all icky, it's also hell on a windy day(if your going for the sides as well as the back) unless you tie it up in a ponytail(but then you just look like a doofus) it's also really easy to snag in something, it's also a little heavier than you'd think and it's hard to find a good barber or stylist. Oh and children are going to pull on it so much, it's SUPER expensive to dye and will fall in your food. What's your colour anyway?

8 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Bro, hair that long takes friggin forever to wash, your gonna use shampoo sooo friggin fast, also if you don't condition it enough it will get all icky, it's also hell on a windy day(if your going for the sides as well as the back) unless you tie it up in a ponytail(but then you just look like a doofus) it's also really easy to snag in something, it's also a little heavier than you'd think and it's hard to find a good barber or stylist. Oh and children are going to pull on it so much, it's SUPER expensive to dye and will fall in your food. What's your colour anyway?

When you lose the excuses, you get your results. There's only one way to find out.

I'm pale skinned with pretty dark hair. I'd say black.

I wonder if it's because @Pengaius is a guy that he finds it such a hassle to have long hair, hahaha. I'm sorry you've suffered from it, though, especially the children bit.

I don't know if I'm good enough for an example since I'm a girl and I'm accostumed to it and I don't mind, but I have waist long hair. I suppose short hair people use very little shampoo and conditioner, but it actually depends on how greasy your scalp tends to get more so than on the length. I use very little shampoo, for example, and a lot of conditioner. Some people do the exact opposite because it's what their scalp needs. But aside from shampoo and conditioner, which is common sense personal hygiene, I don't use anything else at all, and so far my hair is very soft and manageable.

I don't mind windy days, I just let my hair do its own wild thing. And kids have never pulled my hair in anyway, but maybe because I'm never around any, so I guess the advice would be to stay away from them, hahahaha.

I'd say, go for it!! Long hair is so much fun, somehow. And at the end of it all, it's just hair, you can just cut it off if you don't like it.

Sometimes hair just has a short maximum length, and there's not much you can do about it. I've been growing mine since I graduated college, over a decade ago, and its length stabilized long ago at just barely spilling past the shoulders.

If you do go for it I highly recommend a shampoo and conditioner with coconut oil in it.    My hair which has decided to stop growing at my mid back gets really dry and split ends and the thing that works best for it is coconut oil.  And be ready to have to put your hair back when it it is windy, my go to hair style in the spring where I live is braids because of wind.  I had short hair for a couple of years, but I missed being able to style it the way I could when it was long, so I grew it back out.

I started growing my hair around last class in high school, and had it long until the end of my first year in university. It was around shoulder length only, and I've never planned to grow it longer than that. Now, I realized it was pretty uncomfortable for me for a couple of reasons: it was in the way when I was eating, when I was reading, but the worst was at aikido trainings, when it got all sweaty and it just stuck to my face. Also, it was really hot, and actually heavy. But I enjoyed having it in every other situation. Up until the point when some random homeless came up to me in the tram-stop, and said: "Lady, could you give me some money?" I knew I wasn't looking exactly like Thor, or Odin or other "manly" man, I'm pretty slender, and my hair colour looks like painted blonde, even though it's natural, but it was pretty emberassing for me. My family also asked me every single day when I'm going to cut it, so I decided to get it cut it to the same short length it usually was. That was last summer, since then I've started to grow it out again, because I thought I've missed it, but I'm sarting to realize how uncomfortable it is. Now, the point of this all is, if you are really confident, and you don't do activities when it can get really bothering, you can probably grow it to such a lenght you want, but it will take a long time. You might also want to go to a barber from time to time to get it shaped and stuff, so it doesn't look all messy. But I do encourage you to grow it, as long hair can also feel very good, and, as someone already said, you can just cut it if you get bored of it.

oh yeah fuck anything cardio related with long hair. I used to do Taekwondo, and it got really uncomfterble. Thank god I stopped.

yay weightlifting.