An idea for a FE character

SMEDIA

I came up with this idea from seeing Lucius from this game. I think it could work.

Let’s say there was a Jesus character with long hair like Lucius. Also like Lucius, he’s a monk. The things that make him special are that he can cross water (like Jesus walking on the water), and, even more useful, is that if he gets killed in combat, he says something along the lines of “I’m the Son of God! I shall return.” He then disappears. However, once you clear the map you’re on, he’s mysteriously back in your party at the same level and stats, just missing the items he had when he “died”.

I think a character like this would be really cool. What do you guys think?

Cool in theory, but realistically it wouldn't work, it wouldn't be fair to have just one character who revives like that. Plus you know it would offend people who don't like religious references.

More like real-life religious reference, considering FE isn't shy of showing religious stuff.

Though yeah, can't say I think it could be that good of an idea... who knows...

It would be better if he came back 3 chapters later, and with much better stats. Give him a reason for it in the story, maybe? Of course if he dies 2 or 1 chapter before the final map he'll come back then.

Then again, that could cause people to send in their Jesus to die...

Regardless I think it's neat.

Edited by YouSquiddinMe

1 hour ago, SMEDIA said:

It if he gets killed in combat, he says something along the lines of “I’m the Son of God! I shall return.” He then disappears. However, once you clear the map you’re on, he’s mysteriously back in your party at the same level and stats, just missing the items he had when he “died”.

I think a character like this would be really cool. What do you guys think?

You do realise that Casual Mode is a thing in the series now, right? Which means that every character can "come back from the dead",  therefore making your idea obsolete.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

3 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

You do realise that Casual Mode is a thing in the series now, right? Which means that every character can "come back from the dead",  therefore making your idea obsolete.

Crap, I forgot about that (The only FE game I played that had Casual Mode was Awakening). Still, I would think anyone that played the earlier games first would prefer perma-death, right?

Edit: one defense of mine for perma-death is that since the FE characters are so likable, it makes you feel like shit if a character you like dies. Thus, you have to take the value of a human life into consideration before risking them.

Edited by SMEDIA
Had something good to add.

• 3 months later...
On 7/11/2018 at 8:08 PM, SMEDIA said:

However, once you clear the map you’re on, he’s mysteriously back in your party at the same level and stats, just missing the items he had when he “died”.

I think there should be a one chapter break in between respawns. minus final chapters