What pokemon type do you want the next legendary to be?

Chopper...

I hope this topic hasn't been created yet. I looked for it just in case but I'm sort of blind, so I could have missed it.

Anyway, what pokemon type (as in: water type, ghost type, etc) would you like the next legendary pokemon to be? I mean the legendary pokemon that's central to the game.

Also, is there a mythical pokemon with a certain pokemon type you'd like to see?

I personally want a poison type legendary pokemon, be it its first type, second type or only type. It would be so cool and unique. And sort of needed, now that we have a fairy type legendary and so many fairy type mythicals out of nowhere.

If not, I'd like a mythical pokemon that is poison/fairy (steel/fairy is cool too, but there's already Magearna).

One would think I'm a fan of the poison type haha. Not really, but I just think it's time :):

Poison would be cool! I'd also kind of like to see a rock type, I don't think we've had the main legendary ever be rock. Fighting and flying are my favorite types but we have enough flying already, and I'm not sure fighting would actually be that cool as a legendary.

I want a Fairy/Flying Pegasus! I'm surprised we don't have a Pegasus Pokemon already with all the other Pokemon we have that are based off of mythical creatures (Rapidash and Keldeo are unicorns, we also have dragons, etc.). Please do a Pegasus, GF!

Like a lot of people I'm also going with Poison. Actually it is pretty surprising how they have not yet done a poison legendary. Its really easy to pick a monster like a basilisk or a (non Hydreigon) Hydra and make a Pokemon out of it.

I suppose I'd go with Fire/Electric and Rock/Ghost.

I don't recall there being ANY Pokémon of those type combinations so that could be a cool place to start. Plus it gets us out of the loop of Legendaries being Psychic or Dragon that's been going on for too long. For the third member of that trio I'd have Dark/Ground just to really cement it not having a Psychic or Dragon Type but also to give it advantages over the other two as Trio Masters tend to have.

15 hours ago, ZeManaphy said:

If your talking about mascots,we need a Poison-type. Regardless of a mascot, There are no Poison-type legendaries. I think its long over due.

Yeah! I meant the mascot, thanks. And I agree.

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I want a Fairy/Flying Pegasus! I'm surprised we don't have a Pegasus Pokemon already with all the other Pokemon we have that are based off of mythical creatures (Rapidash and Keldeo are unicorns, we also have dragons, etc.). Please do a Pegasus, GF!

You know what, that's true :blink:. Just yesterday I was thinking about how we really have a unicorn pokemon and how funny that was. A pegasus would be so awesome!!

7 hours ago, Light Strategist said:

I suppose I'd go with Fire/Electric and Rock/Ghost.

I don't recall there being ANY Pokémon of those type combinations so that could be a cool place to start. Plus it gets us out of the loop of Legendaries being Psychic or Dragon that's been going on for too long. For the third member of that trio I'd have Dark/Ground just to really cement it not having a Psychic or Dragon Type but also to give it advantages over the other two as Trio Masters tend to have.

You know, I've been waiting for a Fire/Electric for so looong.... even Avatar: The Last Airbender has the combination haha. I also want a Normal/Ghost, in my case, but that trio you created sounds absolutely awesome, I'd definitely like that.

At least give us a Fire/Electric Mythical, Gamefreak...

Edited by Chopper...

It has been stated multiple times already but Poison Type for me as well. I find it ridiculous that there are at least seven fairy type legendaries that came from its recent inception but there hasn't been a single poison type legendary (no, Arceus doesn't count) despite the type existing since the beginning. I also think we are good on dragon, flying, psychic, fire legendnaries since we have more then enough of those types as legendaries as well. I also wouldn't mind a fighting or a bug type legendary since I don't think either one of them has a legendary yet unless I'm forgetting something.

Also hoping the box legendaries don't share a type again because I liked how Hoenn's/Kalos' legends contrasted each other type wise and added diversity compared to Sinnoh/Unova/Alola. Sinnoh/Unova alone added at least six dragon legendaries because of them being central to the plot and Alola did the same thing with 3 Psychic types and 5 Fairy types and that just left a sour taste in my mouth.

2 hours ago, Chopper... said:

We have steel :lol: Solgaleo is a steel type.

And Dialga.

39 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Well plenty of ultra beasts are poison type, do they count as legendaries?

As far as the flagship legendaries though, yeah, no poison yet.

The official site for legends says that Pheromosa is not Legendary, which means the others aren’t legendary.

4 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Well plenty of ultra beasts are poison type, do they count as legendaries?

As far as the flagship legendaries though, yeah, no poison yet.

4 hours ago, ZeManaphy said:

The official site for legends says that Pheromosa is not Legendary, which means the others aren’t legendary.

Yeah, they're not legendary :(: I like Poipole a looot, though.

4 hours ago, ZeManaphy said:

And Dialga.

Oh, right! I completely forgot about him. Thank you.

3 hours ago, Chopper... said:

Yeah, they're not legendary :(: I like Poipole a looot, though.

Oh, right! I completely forgot about him. Thank you.

And Necrozma-DM too lol

• 5 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

I'd like to see a Grass/Fairy and Electric/Dark pair.

Though maybe I'm hanging onto my preferred Generation and types a little too much...

Oh, wow! Great ones :lol:! I would love that Electric/Dark pokemon with my whole being. Dark, Ghost, and Electric are my favorite types :wub:

It wouldn't  bother me to go back to a good old-fashioned Dragon pair~ We haven't seen them since Gen 5 and people were saying they were tired of them then so I feel like I'd be fine to see a Dragon pair again since it's been 2 Generations by now~

Though, a Fairy pair would be just as nice, IMO~

59 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

It wouldn't  bother me to go back to a good old-fashioned Dragon pair~ We haven't seen them since Gen 5 and people were saying they were tired of them then so I feel like I'd be fine to see a Dragon pair again since it's been 2 Generations by now~

Though, a Fairy pair would be just as nice, IMO~

I'm okay with another dragon pair too, provided they both have a second type :lol:. I was never tired of them since the dragon type used to be the strongest, and so it made sense to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Poison is an obvious one, but I’d also like a good looking Ice type. Kyurem was no good for me. Bug would be awesome too. Still a bit fatigued from Dragons though, considering the third legendary continues to be one.