Has anyone done a no-shopping run?

s07195

So has anyone done a no-shopping ironman run of the game? Use what the game gives you only, or if you feel merciful, allow things found in the Barracks and Event Tiles.

Nope, never have done so.

Although doing a no shopping run would be quite easy in Thracia 776, seeing as I've heard that you mostly need to capture items from enemies.

EDIT: Aw fudge, realized this was in the Awakening thread. My bad.

Edited by Flee Fleet!

20 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Nope, never have done so.

Although doing a no shopping run would be quite easy in Thracia 776, seeing as I've heard that you mostly need to capture items from enemies.

yeah in thracia u can do it easily the no shopping run cuz shop weapons and items are expensive. but yeah i did only on thracia in FE awakening its kinda difficult but if u are gut with managing items u can clear it tho.

Edited by CL987
I realise that it was an awakening topic

It can become pretty difficult in any Fire Emblem game if you don't shop for items (except in Thracia, but that discussion should be in a different thread). Anyway, with Awakening's durability system, a player is most likely going to have to shop for items at one point or another. It's the safest thing to do, and it can prevent any future catastrophes where a unit's weapons decide to conk out on them and they're left defenseless. You could always get a weapon repaired, but that technically counts as shopping.

I really like what Echoes did with it's weapon system, where if a unit doesn't have an actual weapon equipped, they get a generic one instead, like a Sword or Lance, so that they can still attack.

I've done it non-ironman before on vanilla Lunatic. It came up as a challenge a long time ago—maybe a year or so after the game came out. The rules were no shiny tiles or barracks and no use of Armsthrift or either Falchion.

I'll be frank here: it just turned into a Robin solo where Chrom twiddled his thumbs because aside from getting him to level 10 for Charm and promoting him to help Robin hit a Spd benchmark, he hid behind Robin and twiddled his thumbs all game. Robin basically had to be constantly swapping classes in order to have weapons to use, but the enemies drop enough that it's usually not much of an issue. C15 was probably the biggest scare for me because I was really running low on... I think it was tomes and it was iffy if I was going to get to level 10 for a reclass before I ran out. Ended up just barely able to squeeze it out because of the enemy Dark Knight's Arcthunder drop.

Grima was killed by Vengeance-Ruin shenanigans, which is probably where the ironman part would fall apart rather horribly.

• 1 month later...

Nah, them shits break way too quick for me~ 

On 7/12/2018 at 12:05 PM, indigospace said:

I really like what Echoes did with it's weapon system, where if a unit doesn't have an actual weapon equipped, they get a generic one instead, like a Sword or Lance, so that they can still attack.

Same, really appreciated that~