I'm Taking Scuba Diving For College Credit.

Well I only needed 2 more electives to graduate and while browsing for some summer classes I found scuba diving to be one of the options I can take, because my department only cares about us having a minor in addition to our major. Essentially I can take whatever class I want for an elective.

Gotta say it's nice to jump into a pool for a grade and not be in over my head in school work

I'm also going into emergency response after I'm done, and this class gives me certification so it should help.

The things you can take for credit in collage(and to some extent high school) seem to get stranger and stranger all the time. However, if it allows somebody to do something they like doing it's not a bad thing. I personally think it sounds fun since I haven't gotten into many pools ever since I left Florida and it would be fun to go swimming more often again.

2 hours ago, TheGoodHoms said:

The things you can take for credit in collage(and to some extent high school) seem to get stranger and stranger all the time. However, if it allows somebody to do something they like doing it's not a bad thing. I personally think it sounds fun since I haven't gotten into many pools ever since I left Florida and it would be fun to go swimming more often again.

I like the stranger/more interesting courses. I think it gives students a more well rounded education.

Some of my favorite courses were Human Sexuality and American Religions, which has nothing to do with accounting.

For extra credit, book a vacation to somewhere tropical and go for swimming with sharks sans cage. That should keep you from failing no matter how many classes you skip.

Never scubaed, would be interesting, but eh, too wet for me. And sadly, one of those little mini submersibles would be too small. I'll stick to watching Planet Earth: Blue Planet instead, or Endless Ocean on my Wii U (that game could use another sequel, shame it being a relaxing game meant it sold little).

My Major was fortunately already a fun one, so I never needed to do such ridiculous electives, of course a fun Major tends not to be so employable I would think, but such are choices in life (and I never have really given much consideration towards my future). At least this one has some practical benefits, it'd be a step towards becoming a dive instructor yourself, should you ever find yourself so pressed or well off that you had to/could comfortably become one.