How Do You Deal With a Toxic Family

Dismissed

Mods, please don't harvest my organs for this. Let me explain first.

My family always complains about me, derides me, insults me, mocks me, gets angry at me, despises me, hurts me, etc. I try to help but nobody gives a damn. When I fail, they get mad at me. I'm not sure if they even love me. They constantly contradict their own statements. They get pissed at every single thing I do.

Can anyone help me? I'm afraid I'm becoming unstable. I need some sort of coping mechanism.

If you are a minor, call a children's helpline. If your family is degrading you to the point you are feeling unstable and depressed, call one of them and they should help you get out of that toxic environment.

If you aren't a minor, the best thing I can say is try get out of there and get a place of your own. If your friends can, see if they have a room you can stay in for a while till you get up on your own feet.

If you're old enough to live on your own, and are able to support yourself, GTFO, and don't look back.

If not, study hard in school, so you can GTFO at the first opportunity.

Regardless, if you're having that many issues, see if you can find a proper support forum, instead of posting it here on SF.