so how was Nah born?

We don't know where the blow fell, though the Black Knight says it was going to be "a swift and merciful one". We can just pretend it was a shoulder cut far away from the womb. What blows that could kill someone kneeling could be considered "merciful"?

3 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Ena and Rajaion would have enjoyed a romantic romp before Ashnard captured him. Like, really shortly before, because he didn't seem to know he was a father when he died. And Ena wasn't showing either.

Now that I think about it, Rajaion is only addressed as Ena's fiancee, not husband. This would make the 20+ year pregnancy and child that results out of wedlock. This is quite unusual for FE when you think about it. I don't really recall any instances where this has been said of any monogamous faithful couple before.

Wonder, had not the whole Rajaion hostage thing happened, daddy Dheg had thought of it. Then again, they could've been getting married later that year, and given the duration of a Dragon Laguz pregnancy, the margin of variability as to pregnancy duration would be larger than it is with humans, and hence Ena's child's birth wouldn't have set off any alarms of potential premarital sex. Although Goldoa could just be chill with that concept too.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now that I think about it, Rajaion is only addressed as Ena's fiancee, not husband. This would make the 20+ year pregnancy and child that results out of wedlock. This is quite unusual for FE when you think about it. I don't really recall any instances where this has been said of any monogamous faithful couple before.

Wonder, had not the whole Rajaion hostage thing happened, daddy Dheg had thought of it. Then again, they could've been getting married later that year, and given the duration of a Dragon Laguz pregnancy, the margin of variability as to pregnancy duration would be larger than it is with humans, and hence Ena's child's birth wouldn't have set off any alarms of potential premarital sex. Although Goldoa could just be chill with that concept too.

I'm cool with premarital sex myself, as long as the couple is going to stay together and be married anyway. Not like, sleeping around with everything that moves and having a bunch of baby mamas/baby daddies. 

Dragons might just be chill about some things. But on the "this hasn't happened in FE yet", I wonder if it happens with any of the Fateswakening peeps?

19 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

They know where it came from but they're not going to tell a kid.

Alternatively somehow they never found out, and they still think babies are delivered by pelippers. But the former is more likely.

Exactly.

Nowi is practically a kid herself and Awakening likes to tap dance around the subject of pregnancy and childbirth when it comes to her. (as seen in her supports with Lon'Qu and Henry)

In other words, the less I have to think about Nowi having babies, the better.

8 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Exactly.

Nowi is practically a kid herself and Awakening likes to tap dance around the subject of pregnancy and childbirth when it comes to her. (as seen in her supports with Lon'Qu and Henry)

In other words, the less I have to think about Nowi having babies, the better.

Still, obviously she did have to have sex, get pregnant, and give birth...because Nah exists. I just hope it was consentual. But it's really wtf to think about, because even if it was, she's probably not mentally mature enough to really know what's going on, so it's pretty much statutory rape/pedophilia. 

Wtf.

4 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Still, obviously she did have to have sex, get pregnant, and give birth...because Nah exists. I just hope it was consentual. But it's really wtf to think about, because even if it was, she's probably not mentally mature enough to really know what's going on, so it's pretty much statutory rape/pedophilia. 

Wtf.

I mean who knows she did mention she was a slave so maybe she does know what that stuff entails. I mean considering her mode of dress I dunno

8 minutes ago, Otts486 said:

I mean who knows she did mention she was a slave so maybe she does know what that stuff entails. I mean considering her mode of dress I dunno

Yeah there was a topic awhile back about her outfit and if there was any lore explanation for it.

Edited by Dragoncat

Ah, the means of reproduction of manaketes. We meet again, my old nemesis.

It's probably not something IS thought was worth considering, and they were probably right, but obviously we will consider it anyway, for we are the blight called fandom. I imagine that manaketes, when in human form, are just humans who age like Keanu Reeves and can use magical rocks to become dragons. So, probably mammalian in their ways.

There is other evidence for the idea that manaketes are mammals, of course.

But, I mean.

I don't really want to get into it.

The real question is not whether they give live birth or lay eggs, of course, but if they can do both.

I guess that’s another thing are the young breast fed or like most reptiles are they born ready to eat most anything right out of the gate. I’m gonna guess breast fed considering tiki’s watermelons 

On 2018-07-13 at 10:26 AM, Otts486 said:

Does nowi lay eggs or does she give live birth? also when a manakete is born are they born in dragon form or not? I'm curious.

Don't Manaketes need dragonstones to enter dragon-form?  Due to this, I'm guessing they're born in the human form.

It's harder to say if they're live-born or hatch from eggs.  The very idea of an animal that shape-shifts between a human-like form and a dragon form makes it hard to apply real world biology.

However, I'm going to say live birth.  For Henry, Donnel or any of the other male characters to mate with Nowi, she would probably need to have a proper vagina.  I'm assuming these "humans" are similar to humans in the real world as we know them.

If I'm not supposed to use the "V word" here, I'm terribly sorry.

On 2018-07-16 at 4:58 AM, Otts486 said:

...Are the young breast fed or like most reptiles are they born ready to eat most anything right out of the gate. I’m gonna guess breast fed considering tiki’s watermelons 

That's a good point.  But the breasts might be fake, just in order to imitate humans.

Edited by Electric-Gecko

• 2 years later...