Memorable Pokemon Merchandise You Have/Had?

Not talking the games here, just the many forms of Pokemon paraphernalia: toys, plush, cards, anything and everything, that have also been made over the years.

I remember fondly having real Pokedex with one of those LED(?) screens, it seemed so cool at the time. Still slightly remember the commercial that went with it.

I also had a "carousel light"-not sure what to call it- a light surrounded by a circular screen with pictures of Pikachu and the Gen 1 starters that you could set into spinning motion which would then project onto my bedroom walls.

If I'm not wrong, I think it was Burger King who sold oversized plastic Pokeballs with fake gold cards on the inside, those were fantastic. Never got them all though.

And while I never played the card game, I only collected, I did cherish my Shining Raichu card more than any other. Maybe it's worth just hitting Bulbapedia just to see what has become the card artwork, that stuff was beautiful. And Pokemon being generic creatures over individualized humans, I don't have the same objections to it that I do with FE Cipher.

I'm pretty sure I remember 90% of the Pokemon merch I've gotten since 1997.

Specifically I remember the pink Pokeball Mew I got, and I also remember the weird gold plates that used to come in Kid's Meals at Burger King when I think Pokemon the Movie 2000 came out.

Also I had the Pokedex. I want to say a gen 2 version also came out.

Edited by Slumber

I had the original Pokedex where you could type in the name of a Kanto Pokemon and it would show up on the screen, as well as a really chunky Sinnoh Pokedex which had a Team Rocket mini game.

I also have a majority of the cards from Fossil, handed down to me from my brother and my mum's friend. I also had that one board game which had the coloured figures and a bunch of tokens for every Pokemon. That's long gone, unfortunately.

I used to have the Indigo League on VHS, but they were accidentally thrown out years ago. I still own the first three movies on DVD.

I have a Mew plush, too. It's cute.

My most cherished Pokemon merchandise besides the games is definitely the Pokemon Adventures manga. I own all arcs from the Red/Green/Blue chapter to the first volume of Black 2 White 2. I'm aiming to get the XY box set at Christmas, and I'm waiting the ORAS and Sun/Moon volumes to be released in the proper format.

I bought a Pikachu in a Charizard costume plush a few years ago because it is really cute.  I have a few figures but I forget who I have since I haven't done anything with them for a couple of years. I have some cards but I only really remember that I kept the ones that I liked and that there was one that looked like the dog I had as a kid so it was my favorite card.  I also have a few collector tins.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Pokedex with one of those LED screen.

I still have one of those. But something I remeber fondly would be a Charizard plush that I won at a little fair that came round once from a hook a duck game. It still lives at my Nannans (grandmas) in a bag, one day my children will have it. Or my little brothers/sister, whichever gets there first.

Back before Pokemon Black and White came out, a local mall hosted a party with tons of merch and the Celebi/Legendary Beasts event. I bought a few things, but one thing I still have and love is my Zorua plushie. It's even my favorite Pokemon now for various reasons.

9 hours ago, Michelaar said:

I bought a Leafeon Plush years ago in some store in Canterbury when I went there with school and I cherish it.

I too bought a Leafeon Plush, except it was at my first VGC event, where I used it on my team. I currently have a  Glaceon plush named Felicia after my In-game one.

Edited by ZeManaphy

Prepare for me to sound way more nerdy than everyone who posted before me. Also yes, I promise every one of these items I'm about to mention is cherished - Pokemon was like the only friend I had for years growing up.

I own ten Mudkip plushes(yes, yes, I Liek Mudkipz, I've heard that before), one tiny(like half the size of a LEGO Minifigure) yarn Mudkip my sister made for me on Valentine's one year, at least one of every English Mudkip card except Mudkip Star(because $70 for a single card is ridiculous), one of those old Pikachu plushes where you can squeeze the hand and it talks to you(er, as much as Pikachu can), most of all the English Jirachi cards including the Secret Rare from the original Magma VS Aqua, a Jirachi Plush, the Shiny Gardevoir card from Dark Explorers, an Omanyte that represents my heart and soul, a four-movie DVD with Pokemon 4ever, Pokemon Latios and Latias, Jirachi Wish Maker, and Destiny Deoxys on it, and somewhere in the dark recesses of my room an ancient Squirtle keychain that still glows in the dark after over a decade. I also had the little Pikachu clock from Burger King or something from however long ago that bravely soldiered on for a full year after I rediscovered it in our storage shed before finally running out of juice - I actually used to take it places with me and use it to tell the time instead of just pulling out my iPod in honor of the little boy who first got it in his kid's meal...yeah...yeah, I know, I sound ridiculous, but to heck with it all, I loved that little Pikachu clock to its dying day.

I had one of these:

Image result for i choose you pikachu plush

Loved him to death, took him to school, he got lost who knows where...had a pokedex thing, lots of plushies, lots of cards...

• 3 weeks later...

Back when I first started getting into Pokemon my mom got me a huge care package off of eBay and sent it to me while I was at my dad's. It had a bunch of figurines and a gold version cart. I fondly remember there being a Blastoise, Pidgeot, dratini, and a Machamp. Those are the ones I would play with the most, at least.

I would sometimes pick up figures from Walmart or whatever during the years. I had this dope Charizard that shot a firebolt. It wasn't useful for much else, though.

With the advent of hoenn, I also picked up torchic, treecko, and mudkip plushies. Mudkip I remember being comically bigger than both of them. Treecko was also made like a quadrupedal Mon which was kinda lame thinking back.

Edited by g0g0g0

• 1 month later...

Two, one I still have, and one I sadly don't.

The one I don't have anymore is a holo Scyther card that was pretty much the best card I ever owned back when my brothers and I were kids in the late 90s and early 2000s. I should never have traded it away to one of them... They always got better cards than me, I should've just been happy I got SOMETHING good in my card collection full of rubbish. But at least today, I have tons of great cards, even a few I plan to sell for lots of money. :)

The one I do still have is my Buneary plush. The first Pokeplush I ever owned, and I earned it in a big way. I won it at a Six Flags Over Georgia game, specifically the catrack. And the way I won it...lol. I knocked down two plates with one ball! I threw the ball, it hit one plate, then bounced off the back wall and struck a second. I hit three plates in total, and saw Pokemon plushes as prizes and I was able to pick one. I picked Buneary because it was my favorite at the time since I was obsessed with Sinnoh and it having been my first region since Diamond and Pearl were the first games I ever owned.

Mine is probably the Pokemon TCG Southern Islands collection folder. Back then, I was a huge Gold and Silver fan and really admired the Japanese Southern Islands collection, but I knew I'd never be able to get it. Then around December one day, I was visiting a big shopping centre and I found the English version in a game store. Needless to say, I begged my parents to buy it for me. I still have it now ^^