Salad

You must need to try a different kind of salad then. I only like certain ingredients in mine myself, namely iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers without the skin, shredded cheddar cheese, egg chunks, diced ham, shredded carrots, croutons, and zesty Italian dressing (I also like blue cheese though). So delicious!

I don't care for other kinds of lettuce or salads that lack tomatoes. Or cabbage. Yuck. And any salad is rather meh to me without the egg and ham and all.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't care for it myself.

Not trying to start any thing and no offense to anyone but...people who go to fast food places and just get salad. Seriously? Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a prostitute for a hug lol.

Mushrooms and butter will fix everything: Salad kinda meh, Mushrooms and butter

Cake a bit weird: Mushrooms and butter

Mushrooms and butter not cuttin it: you guessed it add Mushrooms and butter

Or you could try adding some thin cuts of meat, a salad ain't just veg, y'know, I recommend bacon ( and Mushrooms and butter)

1 minute ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Iceberg lettuce is the best lettuce

ohhh ham sounds good 

I love me some cheese in my salad 

Yes, it is! It doesn't really have any nutritional value, but since it has a lot of water in it, it's still good for helping you get water too. And it tastes great.

I just go tomato/lettuce with some olive oil and salt.

Other really good once are potato/carrotine/eggs and beetroots/eggs.

Edited by Junkhead

47 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

This site is trash on mobile I have no idea why the tags aren't just straight BBC code I know it can look nice and all but it's very obnoxious to try and edit on a mobile device.

47 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Not trying to start any thing and no offense to anyone but...people who go to fast food places and just get salad. Seriously? Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a prostitute for a hug lol.

Deep down, that's why some people do.

Oh yeah also relevant Jim Gaffigan.

I'm quite partial to Caesar salad myself.

3 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

In all fairness it might taste good. Not that i'd get a salad though.

I just eat more salad to make myself feel full, and putting some bananas in the salad helps a lot. I like ranch and thousand island, but if I am making the salad myself, I go with a simple vinaigrette to make it healthier. If there are lots of fruits, then I skip the dressing as the fruits have enough flavor, although sometimes I pour in a splash of fruit juice to bring out the sweetness more. Other than than the vinaigrette, my salads are just whatever fruits and vegetables I have on hand, so I do not really have a set recipe.

Since I am kind of lazy, sometimes I just put my salad ingredients sans dressing in a blender and down it as a smoothie.

My favorite salad is papaya salad. I am not really sure how to make it myself, so I just go to restaurant and order it if I have a craving. I usually have to specify how much peppers to put in (I go with 10 if I am eating it by myself), since if I just say spicy, they only put like 4 or 5 at most in it.

trying one salad and then asking why people eat salad is a lot like eating one sandwich and asking why people eat sandwiches, or pizza even

there are all sorts of ways to have salads, some salads work for people and other salads don't, unless you really really hate all sorts of leafy things. I don't think all "salads" have a leafy base, though (or some have a really small portion of leaves in it compared to the rest of the contents)

I love the salads at Wendy's they are really good and being a type one diabetic salads are a better choice for me.  I know most people go to fast food places for a burger, but I am very happy there are options I can eat that don't have a ton of carbs now.  When I was a kid and a teen it was really hard because I couldn't go to fast food places with my friends since there was nothing I could eat without having to give myself a huge shot, now with most place having salads or wraps I can go with my friends and not be the only one not eating or end up with out of control blood sugar latter.

1 minute ago, EricaofRenais said:

I love the salads at Wendy's they are really good and being a type one diabetic salads are a better choice for me.  I know most people go to fast food places for a burger, but I am very happy there are options I can eat that don't have a ton of carbs now.  When I was a kid and a teen it was really hard because I couldn't go to fast food places with my friends since there was nothing I could eat without having to give myself a huge shot, now with most place having salads or wraps I can go with my friends and not be the only one not eating or end up with out of control blood sugar latter.

Yeah, for health reasons, salad is better. I hope I didn't sound mean with my comment about "going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a hooker for a hug". I guess my point was if you don't have a health condition that pretty much forces you to eat low carb, getting salads at fast food places is just wtf because fast food places are...idk, you get the point?

I'm type two diabetic as you might know, and I can eat fast food but I just have to not go hog wild on it.