Most unintentionally funny moment in Fire Emblem (spoiler warning)

Corrin mentioning how he and Takumi could work things out if Takumi could only see past his hatred of him. That might have worked in Birthright, but its just a very weak thing to say in Conquest.

Additionally there is also Ryoma being jealous of Corrin before the kidnapping because thats just sad.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just beat Blazing Blade. Athos gave the trio legendary weapons to defeat Nergal...and then he was the one to kill Nergal anyway. And then he killed the dragon. Not much use in giving teenagers legendary weapons to save the world if you're just going to do the job yourself. 

Most thinks about Conquest were really more infuriating rather then funny. There was one scene that got me though, namely the introduction for Charlotte. I would have expected that someone who wears a bride-themed fetish outfit would be a mercenary or something. I did absolutely not expect that they would introduce her as a regular member of the military.

Edit: And the death of Lillith was hilarious too. Like, I didn't even feel like she actually "existed", seeing how the story has so far had completely ignored the implication of Corrin carrying his own portable castle with him at all times. And Lillith seemed to only exist to introduce that mechanic and hadn't been seen since then. So for her to just suddenly pop, just to immediately die and have said death be treated as this great tragedy... well, that one was admittedly pretty damn hilarious.

Edited by BrightBow

Lots of Fates lines

"Elise, act like the adult you technically are"

"If we allow evil men to let their vision take precedence over our own, we all lose." -Xander after steadfastly supporting Garon

Or Xander insisting that Garon is just "under the weather" when Garon is having an omnicidal rant.

Or when Ryoma praises Corrin for their 'kingly qualities' that they've had since they were a toddler.

Reclassing seems to be made of this. Sumai punching Chrom is already a funny scene, but seeing her do so as the normally weak cleric just makes it more hilarious. However, seeing her punch Chrom as a knight... what more needs to be said?

And that's not even getting started on what Lucina and especially Robin can wear during the normal cut-scenes...

Lilith's death in Conquest is the first thing that came to mind.

In Birthright I was very indifferent to her death but in CQ seeing her die to some random faceless and seeing Corrin get all sad about it with the "Why does someone as pure as Lilith have to die so I might live" line from all things gave me a good laugh.

On 15/07/2018 at 2:22 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm not sure I'd call it unintentionally funny, but I like leaving RD running for a few minutes right after Zelgius is almost executed. To be precise, when Valtome insults Sephiran and then Zelgius pulls him up into the air in response. I watch Valtome just struggle endlessly flailing his legs back and forth for a while, he deserves that.

I liked that scene as that's literally the only time Zelgius showed emotion. Of course you'd like him doing that to Valtome. After all, insulting Sephiran is the worst thing ever for the two of you. ;):

OT: This is an odd line from Ike since he's telling Micaiah to go back to Daein even though the battle was fought in Daein. 

Spoiler

Ike:
“Not a chance. I’m offering you a choice. Surrender now and go home to Daein, or fight us and die.”

33 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I liked that scene as that's literally the only time Zelgius showed emotion. Of course you'd like him doing that to Valtome. After all, insulting Sephiran is the worst thing ever for the two of you. ;):

I do dislike Valtome, but that that isn't the reason why. The actual reason is because they STOLE the laugh of somebody else!

Spoiler

latest?cb=20120725060602

How DARE a senator nobody of some godforsaken land pilfer the legendary "Uwee hee hee" of THE Kefka Palazzo? The greatest Joker knockoff in the world! Val-whatever their name is accidentally led to the firing of a light of judgement by some goddess who like the world didn't care about them one bit. Kefka WAS the light of judgement himself, he was the deity! He did some serious landscaping with all that power too. He didn't have to rip himself in half like a deranged woman either.

And WHO is the only person in the entire world to get a magnificent 16-bit animated emoticon in this heap of trees? :kefka::kefka::kefka::kefka::kefka:

...Now if only that wench with green hair didn't get in his way! Or is it blonde? Well hers' is blonde, and she was just as cruel! Phooey to them and the what twelve others who stood in their way? What is with that four-on-one garbage anyhow? They played dirty. And only I am allowed to do that!

...Sorry, got a little too in character there.

Speaking normally again, Zelgius being Branded and making him so insecure might explain his stoicism somewhat. But indeed he is lacking in emotion I agree. To an extent, I see this in Ike. Although the circumstances surrounding the two are very different, they are, in their passionate love for swordplay, blue hair masculinity, and being students of Greil, "brothers", or birds of a feather at least, in a way. 

As for more unintentionally funny scenes, I do recall the Hector exclusive Chapter 25: Crazed Beast's introduction. Sonia sets free and builds up the reputation of a man called Pascal Grentzer, said to be a former Four Fang who massacred villages and was incredibly powerful. In gameplay, he is just a Paladin with a Spear, he is a cinch to kill. All that buildup, and even having the chapter named after you (it should be called "Filler: Hector's Folly" (at least the map is fun and creative, and has Farina)), and you're cake. Major disconnect here.

And as I had posted on the FEH general topic, Ricken attacking Aversa and saving Maribelle in Awakening Chapter 5:

Ricken used Elwind and got Aversa to say:

Nngh! W-wind magic?

And gameplay makes me laugh at that. Because Ricken shouldn't have as much as moved a hair on her given how weak he is and how strong she is. She wasn't even on her mount at the time, so no effective bonus.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Speaking normally again, Zelgius being Branded and making him so insecure might explain his stoicism somewhat. But indeed he is lacking in emotion I agree. To an extent, I see this in Ike. Although the circumstances surrounding the two are very different, they are, in their passionate love for swordplay, blue hair masculinity, and being students of Greil, "brothers", or birds of a feather at least, in a way.

I honestly don't see the similarities between Zelgius and Ike. He's got far more in common with Micaiah, both branded generals of Daein (they actually are birds of a feather as both bird branded haha) as well as connection to Sephiran. 

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

While I agree some more emotion from him would make him easier to sympathise with, he's not completely emotionless outside of that scene. Just look at the flashbacks in the tower, his conversation with Ike after the duel, his conversation with Sigrun after chapter 3-5, how he reacts to Valtome trying to kill Elincia. And bear in mind this is Radiant Dawn, where most of the characters are just... there. He got more than most, and arguably is less emotionless than Radiant Dawn Ike. 

Anyway, back on topic, everyone (especially Tibarn) acting so surprised when Baesala betrayed them again. Like, are you seriously surprised at this point? I found it hilarious

Oh, Fates is just a goldmine of these situations.

I really doubt that ''groans of increasing discomfort'' was added to make the cutscene more fun. Its probably more of a translation thing or a consequences of the silly decision to give movements their own subtitle. But whether they wanted to or not ''groans of increasing discomfort'' is very funny

The ''technically an adult'' line was pretty funny because of how obviously forced it was. The intention behind the statement made it clear that the translaters were just as uncomfortable as a lot of players and I find that very funny. 

Lilith's death was already mentioned and I agree. Lilith was always a mere gameplay mechanic rather than an actual character so that they expected her death to hit us so hard was quite amusing. For such a sad scene I sure was chuckling a lot. 

"Groans of increasing discomfort" was most certainly a line that put my Conquest run in a nutshell. It no doubt should have been funny to me but it didn't quite work because of... well, the increasing discomfort.

43 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Ninian's revival.

There is an irony to the revival, that it happens right after Nergal dies. The entire reason he pursued the dark arts in the first place was for the power to bring back his wife. And lo, the indisputable master of darkness Bramimond brings back Nergal's daughter. Rather tragic actually. And it makes this Deus Ex Machina a little less of a posterior tug. 

Female Corrin's crying sound bit sounds like she's laughing, which makes all of those stupid death scenes in fates even funnier.

"Oh gods Lilith not you! Eh he he he he eh"

It makes for a very mixed tone to say the least.

Also seeing the fem Corrin's butt in serious cutscenes if she's a mounted class like dark knight or cavalier is pretty stupid and out of place too.

2 minutes ago, Sage of the Mist said:

Female Corrin's crying sound bit sounds like she's laughing, which makes all of those stupid death scenes in fates even funnier.

"Oh gods Lilith not you! Eh he he he he eh"

It makes for a very mixed tone to say the least.

Also seeing the fem Corrin's butt in serious cutscenes if she's a mounted class like dark knight or cavalier is pretty stupid and out of place too.

Man, why can't she just wear pants like a normal person?

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There is an irony to the revival, that it happens right after Nergal dies. The entire reason he pursued the dark arts in the first place was for the power to bring back his wife. And lo, the indisputable master of darkness Bramimond brings back Nergal's daughter. Rather tragic actually. And it makes this Deus Ex Machina a little less of a posterior tug. 

Maybe it was because Ninian recently died and Nergal's wife died a long time ago. Or it means Nergal simply isn't as good at magic as Bramimond but I doubt this is the case. 

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

In Awakening, with the smallest body type female MU as Lucina's mother,  when Lucina embraces her mother after chapter 13, it looks far more like Lucina is the mother, which makes that whole scene extra silly.

What about Rhajat and Hayato? Poor guy looks like he's 12, and his daughter looks like a grown woman.