Corrupt a wish: FE edition

SMEDIA

8 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Granted, but she enters into an unnecessarily violent conflict with a fox while on a trampoline. It goes viral on YouTube, but it's on someone else's channel, so you get nothing and are kicked out of the trampoline park forever.

Ah, so you brought Kaden/Selkie into this. So... I don't get any money from the ordeal, but I can still watch the video. And I can always go to a different trampoline park, or just use a normal one, if I want to see the whole thing again.

Meaning I technically still got what I wanted.

image.png.77ab1ba513834de5cb8e26ef53977dd8.png

(I may have just asked that question to have an excuse to post the picture. Can you blame me?)

30 minutes ago, The_antithesis said:

I wish for an FE world with no gods or dragons.

Clerics no longer have an excuse for their healing powers, so they're replaced by medics. And just like in real life, they simply prevent a character from dying; they don't actually bring back lost HP. And because this is the middle ages, where most deaths besides starvation and disease were the result of nonexistent, poor, and/or botched medical treatment and surgery, some of the characters would die anyway.

There would also be no wyvern riders, as they technically count as dragons.

And the Final boss would be a realistic, if anticlimactic, battle with a normal human then again, most of the final bosses in Fire Emblem are anticlimactic, so it's not that big of a loss.

I wish that there was a character/boss that wears a Komuso.

Edited by Hawkwing

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite being historically accurate, they look ridiculous, and almost no one can take the character seriously. Historically savvy players can also predict that they're an enemy spy, so the twist will be lost on them.

(I know that this is a double post, but it's nearly been two weeks since the last reply, and I don't think people would notice an edit.)

I wish that there were more magical weapons besides tomes, such as staffs, wands, runes, etc.

Granted... after an enemy chops her arm off, meaning you see it disconnected from the rest of her body in a bloody stump.

I wish that the games came with a built-in randomizer.

Firaxis sues Intelligent Systems for supposedly stealing the "Second Wave" options from XCOM, despite the two systems having a number of differences. The whole thing is seen as a frivolous lawsuit, the adjustable difficulty system is never implemented, and Firaxis looses some credibility.

In real life, I think Friaxis would be more proud/happy to see that they positively influenced another company on the market. However this is corrupt a wish, not grant it.

I wish that the Mordhau technique is used in the next Fire Emblem game (if you're curious about what it is, a good video about it is in the spoiler).

Spoiler

They increase them too much, making enemy bandits, berserkers, fighters, warriors, heroes, paladins, and generals a pain in the butt to deal with. On the flip side, your own axe users are now ridiculously useful, to the point that the other weapon types are there more there for fluff than anything else, and now lances are considered the worse weapon type in the game.

I wish that the Killer Instinct reference in Echoes went the whole nine yards.

(I kinda knew this one would be niche) The gameplay out of nowhere turns into Killer Instincts. All units punch and kick each other in combo attacks that number in the double digits, and there's an announcer somewhere excitedly shouting off combo names and saying c-c-c-c-combo breaker! all the time.

I wish that, as a climactic way to finish off a boss, a character throws their sword.

Balls on chains will be inaccurate as all hell (a.k.a. not worth using) and an entirely new class will be made that exclusively wields whips. Said class is called Dominatrix, wears only BDSM gear and constantly makes references to it. Wait, that's just the Dark Hunter from Etrian Odyssey. Darn it!

I wish there was an additional ending scene depending on who your avatar romanced in Fates / Awakening / an eventual new Fire Emblem game with that mechanic.

It's just a scene of your avatar embracing their spouse, with the other character being obviously model-swapped. After all, why are they wearing full armor (or the same casual outfit, if they go that path) on a romantic occasion? At least the dialogue is unique for each character, if a bit samey.

I wish that bucklers were a shield type.

• 3 weeks later...

They increase avoid instead of def, making them very unreliable and generally only useful when dealing with early-game axe bandits with no hit rates.

I wish there were a Fire Emblem game that explored the consequences of magic and pegasi being real. Stuff like massive wards on castle walls, or very large high-up windows for pegasus deployment. This could even be used in level design! (physical attacks destroy magic wards, while mages can blow up exposed walls, for example)

IS gives the best worldbuilding in the history of the series. Technologies, societies, and more are designed with the presence of magic, flying creatures, and more in mind. Form things as small as Pegasus mail runners being a thing, to how magic has been used in everyday life from warming tea to early application of electricity, to how nations as a whole now have tactics built with magic users and Pegasus riders in mind, the amount of thought put into the detail of the world, large and small, is simply commendable.

...And in a bitter irony, magic sucks so much now that people wonder why it was built up as much as it was in the story. Also, towers for flying units are considered more of an unfun annoyance than anything else, as while it's nice to know what kind of unit will appear during reinforcements, it's a pain that you can't block the tower with your infantry, and getting a flying unit over there is more difficult than it sounds, as they're also weaker than what the story builds them up to be.

I wish that there was a character based off Kenshi, who has a telekinetic sword, can attack at a range via throwing it, and can make projections of themselves while fighting. Bonus points if said character is also blind.

Granted, but because this character is so damn useful, it just seems that IS wanted to make a useful character that’s disabled just to be politically correct. Also, this character is so useful that he nerfs the difficulty.

I wish nomads and nomad troopers had a hit n run ability to move, fire with the bow, and then move again with their remaining movement points.

There's an enemy boss Nomad with 14 mov and a prf range 4 bow, allowing her to completely camp out your units. The only ways to beat her are to use Bolting/Meteor tomes, baiting her to use her full movement range with a pegasus knight (which WILL die!), or exploiting terrain to limit how far she can retreat. It's NOT fun...

I wish the positive reception to FEH prompts IS to revive advance wars.

Edited by The_antithesis

Granted, but do you really want IS to waste time with Advance Wars? I only played the first one and it is completely inferior to FE. So yes, if your wish gets granted, that means fewer FE games.

I wish Beserk Rods had a very low hit %.

Berserk rods are only useable by the player and they obtain a lot of them

I wish that unique map themes returned (eg. Fog of war, defend, or other non-rout chapters)

The unique map themes return, but they're so hopelessly difficult and unfair that many players ragequit and give bad reviews of the game, forever ruining the FE franchise. In particular, one of the fog of war maps forces you to run through a thin corridor while being blasted by Meteors and Snipers. When a unit exits the corridor, they get swarmed by 7 paladins and 3 mage knights from max movement range that can kill literally any unit in your party in one turn. Warp, Rewarp, nor Rescue cheese isn't available on the map, and the map objective is to get all of your units to a certain tile within a turn limit that's extremely unforgiving and forces you to rush. All units have to make it or else they're dead, not just the lord.

And to unlock the gaiden chapter after the map you have to spend a large detour wading through a corner of the map with lots of extra enemies that makes things even harder, just so that one of your slow armor units lands on a very specific tile in said corner of the map.

I wish FE13 and FE14 didn't have any waifu emblem in it.

Edited by Kedata

Then there would be no S-supports, meaning that either no one gets a paired ending, or limited supports are back. It would also mean no child characters, as S-Supports lock them in. People also find it odd how no one get married in this game, despite it being present since the  very first game. That, and shipping would still be present even without the waifu emblem elements.

I wish that the games gave a visual warning (like a caution sign over the fort/square) of when and where reinforcements will arrive.

48 minutes ago, Kedata said:

I wish FE13 and FE14 didn't have any waifu emblem in it.

FE13 is less successful due to the lack of buyers drawn in by the Waifu aspect. They decide to try one more time with Fates. IS decides to end the series

EDIT: ninja'd

5 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

I wish that the games gave a visual warning (like a caution sign over the fort/square) of when and where reinforcements will arrive.

New warning signs have been added! Only available in Phoenix mode

I wish for something like the Base conversations from PoR where character interaction didn't just have to be limited to supports

Edited by Arcphoenix

• 2 weeks later...

Continuing off Echoes, not only do they re-add and expand upon base conversations, they also have all the characters comment on missing, critting, what they think about the mission, etc. during the level. They also interact with the townspeople and other members in the army in an expanded versions of the barracks.

The cost of this is the removal of support conversations, the gameplay bonuses that arise from them, and paired endings.

In Fire Emblem Echoes, I wish that the illusions summoned by Genny, Silque, and Tatiana had their own personalities.

21 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

In Fire Emblem Echoes, I wish that the illusions summoned by Genny, Silque, and Tatiana had their own personalities.

Granted, but they're all offensive stereotypes.

I wish for some aspects of PoR's forging system to return, like the option of coloring weapons

Edited by Arcphoenix

You can colour your own weapons with forging, but it costs one thousand gold for each colour swap and it doesn't show up during battle animations and only on the weapon icon. Also, due to a glitch that will never be patched, colour swapping disables the ability to increase any actual stats.

I wish the characters of the next game are all likeable and none of them is an unbearable jerk or a philanderer.