Corrupt a wish: FE edition

SMEDIA

Granted, but the characters are so likable that it’s extremely depressing when one dies. So much so that you cheat and use save abuse so no one dies.

I wish that for balancing issues, the Nosferatu tomes not only had low durability, but were extremely expensive.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I wish the characters of the next game are all likeable and none of them is an unbearable jerk or a philanderer.

Every character in the next game is either Robin or Corrin, and the villain is Veronica.

Edit: Ninja'd

3 minutes ago, SMEDIA said:

I wish that for balancing issues, the Nosferatu tomes not only had low durability, but were extremely expensive.

The durability is 1, and the cost is about twice the amount of gold you'd get by playing casually through the story

I wish for a non-serious Fire Emblem spinoff game of a different genre.

Edited by Arcphoenix

Granted, it's a visual novel. But the jokes fall flat and the characters get dumbed down for the sake of humour. There is also a second part where all kinds of gross lewd stuff happens to all the underage characters. WTF brain?

I would have nothing against an actual visual novel featuring Fire Emblem characters, all things considered. I heard there are a lot of them out there that have genuinely good stories.

19 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

Every character in the next game is either Robin or Corrin, and the villain is Veronica.

What's so bad about Veronica? I've never played Heroes, so I wouldn't know.

I wish Arcphoenix wouldn't get Ninja'd so often.

I wish the next FE game won't shoehorn in mechanics from past games just for the sake of having them.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

What's so bad about Veronica? I've never played Heroes, so I wouldn't know.

The wish was for likeable characters, so nothing IMO

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I wish Arcphoenix wouldn't get Ninja'd so often.

I wish the next FE game won't shoehorn in mechanics from past games just for the sake of having them.

Granted, but now every post I make ninjas someone else.

The next Fire Emblem game is Fire Emblem in name only.  Sonic Labyrinth Fire Emblem: Marth Labyrinth. IS never makes another Fire Emblem in the genre we all know and love.

I want the next FE game with an avatar to include skin tone and some more ethnic hair options. C'mon IS. You're behind here.

Edited by Arcphoenix

Granted, but adding this feature is just a waste of time because the vast majority of players pick an avatar that isn’t black. So in other words, IS loses money trying this.

I wish that in the next FE game, there was a bow called the Armor Piercer that is super effective against armor knights.

Granted, but Armor Knights, Generals and Great Knights are even more useless now due to the fact that every second Archer on every darn map carries around one of these.

19 hours ago, Arcphoenix said:

Granted, but now every post I make ninjas someone else.

Ninja the Ninjas? I'd call that justice, tbh. XD

I wish some FE games didn't show blatant favouritism toward Cavaliers and Paladins.

Granted, but this confuses some players because they naturally assume when they start playing that giving level ups to those units is a safe bet.

I wish that it was possible for thieves to steal weapons, but only if the theive’s speed is a huge amount higher than the unit they are trying to steal from (which encourages the player to try and level up a theif for more speed).

The speed required to steal weapons is so high that it requires a thief to be RNG blessed just to do so on the average foe, and most of the enemies that you'd actually want to steal something from are so strong that it'd probably be a better idea to fight them with a normal unit instead of risking the life of your thief.

I wish that Three Houses (and all future Fire Emblem games, for that matter) are built with permadeath and ironmanning in mind.

I completely agree with you :)

This probably will backfire because they make the game too easy (let’s say even easier than Sacred Stones)

I wish that FE would start making the fighter units much more likable. Hell, make one a buff woman that has low self-esteem because people treat her like a man despite her efforts to be feminine.

They add a fighter character with depth, backstory, and a likable yet complex personality. To bad they're almost literally a glass cannon and can barely survive a single turn on the enemy phrase. Also, the fighter idea sounds like Sully 0.5.

I wish that there was a class based off of Winged Hussars.

It's another gosh darn generic horse-mounted class that brings nothing new to the table except a new horse-mounted class that is absolutely boring and has no specific selling point other than the gosh darn horse and a conspicious (and badly done) Polish accent on any character that has it.

I wish there was a Fire Emblem game set in the Three Kingdoms period of ancient China that's not Dynasty Warriors Godseekers.

The series now revolves around humans going insane and causing chaos.

They could also make zombies, liches, and the undead the primary villains, but that's been done to death.

I wish that the games had realistic clothing damage and T-rated blood effects.

4 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

The series now revolves around humans going insane and causing chaos.

They could also make zombies, liches, and the undead the primary villains, but that's been done to death.

I wish that the games had realistic clothing damage and T-rated blood effects.

IS overdoes it just a bit, managing to make the rating somehow. As it turns out, there's a large portion of the FE community which love the games but can't deal with the sight of blood. IS's revenue takes a huge hit, and they consider moving to something else....

I wish IS would come up with a better solution for handling arena than the current scoring system and rare skills that take up a skill slot

The effect is just cosmetic. It ranges from pointless (paint scratches and cloth tears) to painful (actual dents), but he damage output jarringly remains the same regardless. It doesn't help that the weapon is nearly useless against units that don't wear any armor.

I wish that their was a Melee a Trois level, where all sides are hostile to each other, and the player is caught in the middle.

36 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

The effect is just cosmetic. It ranges from pointless (paint scratches and cloth tears) to painful (actual dents), but he damage output jarringly remains the same regardless. It doesn't help that the weapon is nearly useless against units that don't wear any armor.

But that did not change anything. I was referring to the armour damage that regular weapons did to the character models upon inflicting huge amounts of damage, (such as removing the "coats" that Ryoma and Shiro wear with their Swordmaster outfits (leaving them in their basic armour), knocking off character accessories such as the Samurai Mask or even the headgear generic/capturable units wear as Wyvern Riders, Heroes, or Archers, or dirtying and ripping character outfits, such as Mozu's Villager outfit getting dirty and torn and even losing the cape) vs. the fanservicey strip the foe to their underwear/bikini when the weapon had the weapon triangle advantage (e.g. Sword (red) > Axe (green)). You didn't really ruin my wish properly. Instead, you gave me exactly what I wanted because armour isn't actually a game mechanic in FE:Fates. There is only Defence and Resistance.

EDIT: Oh wait, I have to ruin your wish as well. Urgh, forgot about that. Granted: You get Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation, the closest thing to that you get.

I wish Fire Emblem Fates would have less fanservice.

Edited by WeAreNewcastle1053
Adding things I forgot.

10 minutes ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

But that did not change anything. I was referring to the armour damage that regular weapons did to the character models upon inflicting huge amounts of damage, (such as removing the "coats" that Ryoma and Shiro wear with their Swordmaster outfits (leaving them in their basic armour), knocking off character accessories such as the Samurai Mask or even the headgear generic/capturable units wear as Wyvern Riders, Heroes, or Archers, or dirtying and ripping character outfits, such as Mozu's Villager outfit getting dirty and torn and even losing the cape) vs. the fanservicey strip the foe to their underwear/bikini when the weapon had the weapon triangle advantage (e.g. Sword (red) > Axe (green)). You didn't really ruin my wish properly. Instead, you gave me exactly what I wanted because armour isn't actually a game mechanic in FE:Fates. There is only Defence and Resistance.

Ah. I guess I misinterpreted the question. I thought you were wishing that the raider weapons didn't strip enemies to their underwear, but instead damaged it at the same rate as any other weapon. In that case...

Armor units have yet another weakness.

10 minutes ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

I wish Fire Emblem Fates would have less fanservice.

They give Camilla more practical and modest looking armor. This is the only change they make.

I wish that there was a character that was wrong genre savvy (I.E. Thinking they're in a RPG or a fighting game instead of Fire Emblem).

That character is unplayable, has the usual "Retarded Green Unit Syndrome" and you have to baby them on nearly every map as they regularly charge into flocks of enemies. Since they are important to the story, if they die, it's an immediate game over. You also can't rescue them because their Constitution (or equivalent stat) is way too high. They also have the class with the highest movement in the game - which, by the way, is unobtainable by the player and even outruns Paladins and the like -, but incredibly low stats that never increase. They will also get doubled by nearly everything AND to top it all off: they have the heaviest weapon in the game on them and the Provoke skill.

I wish the devs would realize the impossibility of falling in love after four conversations - especially if those four conversations basically consist of nothing else but the characters b****ing at each other.

Granted, but now none of the characters have paired endings.

I wish that in the next FE game, there were some lances that had a special “Pierce” attack where the user could attack an enemy unit that is next to them and one space away at the same time. The rules for getting counterattacked by the enemy units still apply (assuming the unit next to you can hit a unit one space away and the farther away unit has a ranged weapon).

20 minutes ago, SMEDIA said:

Granted, but now none of the characters have paired endings.

I wish that in the next FE game, there were some lances that had a special “Pierce” attack where the user could attack an enemy unit that is next to them and one space away at the same time. The rules for getting counterattacked by the enemy units still apply (assuming the unit next to you can hit a unit one space away and the farther away unit has a ranged weapon).

They ONLY allow the pierce attack. This leads to some units getting completely wrecked if they don't isolate foes.

I wish for Heroes Anna to get into Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Despite being an axe user, people are ticked that yet another Fire Emblem character is in the game. They also shoot themselves in the foot by not including Hector as an echo.

I wish that there was a healer that was a veteran of a past conflict, and acts more as a combat medic than a priest/cleric.